Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Adam Eget loving sucks can someone convince me why I'm wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

no not really

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Code Jockey posted:

thats the joke

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

proof of concept posted:

the best part is the disparity between the professional comedians dying with laughter on stage

all except Jim Norton. he also rushed Norm off O&A the one time he was on so that he could admire Brock Lesnar.

Norton is great at radio and sometimes comedy but he seems to not appreciate Norm which makes me hate him a little.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jerkstoresup posted:

all except Jim Norton. he also rushed Norm off O&A the one time he was on so that he could admire Brock Lesnar.

Norton is great at radio and sometimes comedy but he seems to not appreciate Norm which makes me hate him a little.

Norton tries to push the shock thing too much - I remember one time Chris Jericho was on O&A and Norton referred to Jericho's disabled mother as a "cripple". Jericho took offense and asked him to please stop saying that. Norton obliged and then immediately called her a cripple again, prompting Jericho to almost beat the poo poo out of him.

Comedians who say "we can say whatever we want because we're comedians - lighten up" are dipshits -there's no art in being an rear end in a top hat.

Well there is, but then he should call himself a professional rear end in a top hat and not a comedian.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

You're not wrong. The man's a god drat holocaust denier

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ZDar Fan posted:

You're not wrong. The man's a god drat holocaust denier

How do we even know this? Was he talking about the Holocaust between slurps while sucking a man off for $15?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Orkin Mang posted:

thats the joke

Well right yeah but I dunno I just dont find it that great

Norm on the other hand is a saint

Also I can't stop reading your posts as norm

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Human Crouton posted:

How do we even know this? Was he talking about the Holocaust between slurps while sucking a man off for $15?

He calls ejaculation The Holocaust and by stopping short he is denying it

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

EugeneJ posted:

Norton tries to push the shock thing too much - I remember one time Chris Jericho was on O&A and Norton referred to Jericho's disabled mother as a "cripple". Jericho took offense and asked him to please stop saying that. Norton obliged and then immediately called her a cripple again, prompting Jericho to almost beat the poo poo out of him.

Comedians who say "we can say whatever we want because we're comedians - lighten up" are dipshits -there's no art in being an rear end in a top hat.

Well there is, but then he should call himself a professional rear end in a top hat and not a comedian.

I think the idea of a guy intentionally making fun of a dude's disabled mother twice is kind of an rear end in a top hat thing to do but when you deliberately do it to a beefy wrasstledude in order to catch an rear end-beating it becomes hilarious in a Knoxvillian sort of way, a legitimate use of assholery combined with sincere suffering for the sake of art in the cause of dark comedy.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Hey uhhh uhhh...you got any gum?

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
jfc, gently caress o&a, jim norton and bill burr. i remember when two distinct comedy worlds collided...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxkoYL8oHec

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

anthony is so annoyingly racist.

Cliche Guevara
Dec 12, 2005
whistlebritches

Orkin Mang posted:

weird hed hang out with atheist guy when norms a christian

I'm late but - he used to hang out w Kato Kaelin all the time. All the time. And not as a goof. They were friends.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cliche Guevara posted:

I'm late but - he used to hang out w Kato Kaelin all the time. All the time. And not as a goof. They were friends.

That's why Kaelin was his in-studio friend when he was playing Millionaire. Makes sense now.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Code Jockey posted:

I could never really get into norm's podcast but the one I did watch with super dave had this moment where eget asks super dave where he gets his ideas from and then later tells some story about how salt is dangerous and both times were met with the most uncomfortable silence I have ever heard in my life and it's making me laugh out loud just writing this. I wish I had video of it.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

beep by grandpa posted:

I could never really get into norm's podcast but the one I did watch with super dave had this moment where eget asks super dave where he gets his ideas from and then later tells some story about how salt is dangerous and both times were met with the most uncomfortable silence I have ever heard in my life and it's making me laugh out loud just writing this. I wish I had video of it.

There was some episode where Eget makes a really bad joke, and Norm just flips out on him saying "JESUS CHRIST WE PAY THIS GUY $10,000 PER EPISODE AND THAT'S THE BEST HE COMES UP WITH"

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Norm said he wanted a stooge that he can heap abuse on and they just take it, so that's why he's there but he still sucks.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I found the clips from a post that I made in this very thread over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4&t=1540s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4&t=1714s

it's seems obvious to me that Norm put him up to do this stuff just troll the gently caress out of dave and his face is just delightful

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

WaryWarren posted:

i don't know when it will air, but it most certainly won't be "live". season 1 was live, 2 was not. bobby lee posted on his instagram that he filmed his episode yesterday. someone else posted a photo of stephen merchant during the filming of an episode. if you go to norm's reddit (ew) page, you can find a partial list of guests appearing in season 3.

Is his show going to be him talking about the news and making jokes like on Weekend Update or Sports Show?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Is his show going to be him talking about the news and making jokes like on Weekend Update or Sports Show?

He usually does jokes near the end of the episode, but most of the time he lets the guests read them

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It's Norm entertaining himself, which is highly entertaining.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Ok I will watch it but I really miss Sports Show

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Thingyman posted:

i loving love norm and am sad that he didn't get the late night gig for whatever late night show he was trying to get it at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl6R5ROEaDY

I know that is from the first page but, jeez, the comments...

...If you aren't Christian you won't get the joke. Norm is Christian so he has to play dumb in order to slip the hidden message under the noses of the secular masses. Here is the message. Americans are going to psychiatrists to help them with their troubles like feeling like something they are not, for instance someone wanting to change their sex. The spider with a web above the everlasting fire of hell is a great metaphor for such transformative fantasies. He purposely uses Russian sounding names to denote which group of people the moths are behaving like. The punch line is that although Americans will see psychiatrists to help them with their troubles, the Russian people are being guided by the light of Christ. The podiatrist as a joke device is irrelevant and carries no context to the profession that would otherwise heal the soul. The point is that we should be guiding ourselves to the light of Christ and not to the psychiatrists office because that is in our true nature.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
eh, i think adam eget owns in his own way. he is the perfect foil for norm. especially, for the lame jokes he gets to read and how he butchers the english language.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Adam Egret sucks

But I cannot imagine the podcast with anyone else, the combination is perfect.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

MAAAAAYBe Nick Swardson, who is funny only when in proximity to Norm, but I don't think the dynamic would be as good as Egret.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Adam Eget is cool because he knows his role is to be the lame guy who sucks in every way and he's a good sport about it.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Eget's such a dork and that's cool

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Valko posted:

I know that is from the first page but, jeez, the comments...

...If you aren't Christian you won't get the joke. Norm is Christian so he has to play dumb in order to slip the hidden message under the noses of the secular masses. Here is the message. Americans are going to psychiatrists to help them with their troubles like feeling like something they are not, for instance someone wanting to change their sex. The spider with a web above the everlasting fire of hell is a great metaphor for such transformative fantasies. He purposely uses Russian sounding names to denote which group of people the moths are behaving like. The punch line is that although Americans will see psychiatrists to help them with their troubles, the Russian people are being guided by the light of Christ. The podiatrist as a joke device is irrelevant and carries no context to the profession that would otherwise heal the soul. The point is that we should be guiding ourselves to the light of Christ and not to the psychiatrists office because that is in our true nature.

*norm voice* Good lord!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PinkoBastard posted:

*norm voice* Good lord!

I suddenly want Victoria Jackson to replace Adam Eget

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

EugeneJ posted:

I suddenly want Victoria Jackson to replace Adam Eget

Okay, yes, this

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
norm macdonald live coming back is the best entertainment news in several years

I'm super stoked and I'm a cynical dick

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
https://youtu.be/cE9SoosPCEE

lmao norm is effortlessly hilarious

"don't get upset, we're done."

"ok :)"

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

beep by grandpa posted:

I found the clips from a post that I made in this very thread over a year ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4&t=1540s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4&t=1714s

it's seems obvious to me that Norm put him up to do this stuff just troll the gently caress out of dave and his face is just delightful

I love that one. Dave's reactions are fantastic.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

EugeneJ posted:

Woah woah hold on here new need to be a huge gay baby, no need for that, woah now

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Gatekeeper posted:

https://youtu.be/cE9SoosPCEE

lmao norm is effortlessly hilarious

"don't get upset, we're done."

"ok :)"

wow was that a tedious recording. the moral of this interview is "you can't get blood from a stone"

Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747

WaryWarren posted:

bumping this old thread with some really good news...

https://twitter.com/jash/status/771082712165801984

:gizz: :woop:

Thanks for posting this, I can't wait. Norm is easily in my top 3 comedians. The ESPYs, the White House correspondents dinner, all the Conan episodes. loving legend. Gonna watch the Gilbert Gottfriend episode.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
here's a bunch of stuff from earlier itt because it was bumped, like, full year after it died

moth joke

Melrose Place actress regrets shilling a crappy movie on the same episode of conan as norm

some white house staffers regret hiring norm in 1997

some crappy tv producers regret hiring norm in 1998

an audience slowly gets the joke in 2008

some chief content officer regrets hiring norm in 2013

norm creates his sketch comedy show by divine edict

behind the scenes:

jim brewer with juicy SNL gossip

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013