Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

Why have a scoreboard when you could have another sports direct sign

Or more roof louvers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

a tv was added for the rugby world cup but i can't see it as the photo shows

Maybe you should get the football world's first second rotating big screen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
shaun barker going for the neo-nazi look on channel 5

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Jose posted:

the neo-nazi look on channel 5

Trinny and Suzanna's careers have really taken a nosedive

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe you should get the football world's first second rotating big screen

Villa Park has had a big rotating screen for like 10 years now

see

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Nothing like a League 2 player Tweeting his own quality strike.

https://twitter.com/Sammie_Szmodics/status/769627627057516544

In proper YT quality

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Frankston posted:

Villa Park has had a big rotating screen for like 10 years now

see

Outside the ground doesn't count sorry I don't make the rules up

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

HJB posted:

Nothing like a League 2 player Tweeting his own quality strike.

https://twitter.com/Sammie_Szmodics/status/769627627057516544

In proper YT quality

Tbf if I'd scored that I'd want both my Twitter followers to know as well

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

We've signed a lad called Sylla. Looking forward to his partnership with Charybdis.

Got The Hunger Ted
Feb 22, 2007
I really like Tony!
Any Derby people know why they've let Martin go? I appreciate they've got a lot of strikers but I would have thought he'd be top of the list. Fulham squad looks the best it has been for ages, I know it's not fashionable to be vaguely optimistic as a Fulham fan but it looks much more balanced than last year's plan.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i remember reading an article somewhere last season that huddersfield hired klopp's best mate as their manager after he was the assistant at Dortmund and i guess its showing

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Corrode posted:

We've signed a lad called Sylla. Looking forward to his partnership with Charybdis.

He's pretty good, and I'm not sure why Anderlecht sold him. Not complaining tho

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

newcastle signed 12 players, out spent all but 7 premier league clubs and still made a profit and have a better squad/team than was relegated lol

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

I'm happy we got rid of sissoko, and had a funny story to go with it.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Newcastle Villa and Norwich appear to have done obscenely well out of the transfer window without dipping into their parachute payments, it's kinda gross.

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Got The Hunger Ted posted:

Any Derby people know why they've let Martin go? I appreciate they've got a lot of strikers but I would have thought he'd be top of the list. Fulham squad looks the best it has been for ages, I know it's not fashionable to be vaguely optimistic as a Fulham fan but it looks much more balanced than last year's plan.

I don't know if balanced is quite the right word yet, given we sold our two best strikers and until two minutes before the deadline had only signed defenders and midfielders. We're still desperately short up front, unless Martin turns out to slot in perfectly and is fine playing two games a week til Christmas.

On the other hand, everyone else we've signed has started superbly, so we're definitely going to win the title unbeaten and set a new points record.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Newcastle Villa and Norwich appear to have done obscenely well out of the transfer window without dipping into their parachute payments, it's kinda gross.

Not sure this is true, Newcastle did very well certainly but Villa spent obscene amounts while we only strengthened positions we're already strong in. We have absurd depth and quality in the 3 positions behind the striker and no-one to put the ball in the net.

Before the window we had Hoolahan, Brady, The Undroppable But Shite Naismith, Jarvis, 2 Murphys, and Maddison as attacking midfield options and decided to spend £10m adding Canos and Pitchard. Upfront we had Jerome and Lafferty, who has wanted to leave for a year now but has been unable to because we're so shite at signing strikers, and we added Oliveira, who's best season to date resulted in 9 goals.

Unless Oliveira is miles better than his record to date shows I reckon its playoffs only for little ole Norwich.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm a big fan of big mo diame

daryl murphy's scoring record at ipswich is absolutely dire if you look at over his entire time there but is really good the last 3 seasons its odd they didn't sell him earlier when he was poo poo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I can't imagine Murphy will see much time beyond some late appearances and cup games. Definitely seems like a signing for the dressing room.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa did the best and are gonna be great and Norwich will be duking it out with the toon for the runner-up spot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'd say i can't wait to see mitrovic bullying the gently caress out of defenders but what i've seen of the refs this season the championship is no better than the premier league for kicking the poo poo out of each other

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Is there a place for pretending I care about my local non-League team because after losing the National League playoff final last season they're topping the table as of this afternoon and hell, the prospect of FGR in League Two next season maybe is pretty exciting.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
I'm sure there used to be a non-league thread but I can't find it

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
There was about three years ago, then I merged it into the lower league thread, then that thread merged into this one.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Big Nicolas Bendtner will be taking his talents to Nottingham forest.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

HJB posted:

There was about three years ago, then I merged it into the lower league thread, then that thread merged into this one.

OK cool I might do a mild effortpost sometime then.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Huddersfield why are you top of the league you are a dog it doesn't even fit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Blue Star Error posted:

Huddersfield why are you top of the league you are a dog it doesn't even fit

they hired klopp's best mate and former assistant and turns out klopp is a fraud without him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

anyone got a stream for the newcastle derby mathc because they're all SD i can find and i've only got bt

phwoar arma's goal

Steves Asleep
Jun 5, 2005

Jose posted:

anyone got a stream for the newcastle derby mathc because they're all SD i can find and i've only got bt

phwoar arma's goal

Sorry Jose I'm watching it on Sky Sports 1 in glorious HD

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i need whatever kodi add on that is the rage these days

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Same, I'm watching some sky sports SD stream and it's choppy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007