Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

When the episode started it was 9.

But now it's 12.

Clearly this marks the passing of time.

Uzuki has been moping for 2 ~ 3 months since September, and now it's December, as evidenced by the Christmas tree.

THIS WAS CORRECT.

HOLY poo poo.

I'M A GENIUS.

A GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mio "Mood Maker" Honda.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Shimamu what's wrong with your face.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So this is what happens when you don't employ the double side mouth technique in an anime....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Double mouth may have been the wrong choice of words...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's cool, Rin, you just couldn't keep your COOL and had an outburst.

That was very PASSION of you, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Something something CUTE.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jesus gently caress this feels so off.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not just me, right? It looks weird to you guys too?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Miku the professional.

I love you Miku.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In a idol group with a catgirl, the giantess is the one with the cat mouth.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Maybe you've been watching too many not-Cinderella Girls shows recently and it's affecting your perception of normality

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, I enjoy conversations like these.

I'm glad everyone getting along and none of the stupid bullshit jealousy subplots ever occurred, but I do wish there had been more dealing with this rivalry.

Though they already did that with Miki in OG iM@S, plus the dynamics in CG are different cause CG is a lot more group-oriented than OG was. Which is both a blessing and a curse.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woah that's a sudden shift, talking to Kirari and Co. and then suddenly BAM! Talking with a different subunit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Going back to the roots of what drives people to be idols...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Trying really hard to sell me on this theme of adventures...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This room that once housed the Cinderella Project is a reflection of the love I hold in my heart for Mishiro.

In that it's empty.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH AND IT'S MORE loving MISHIRO.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy loving poo poo the Producer's loving Power of Smile project is what salvaged the loving concert when your dumbass KRONOS failed you dumb incompetent fuckface.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh my God I hate you so much Mishiro, why are you even a part of the plot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hah, Producer my man with the barbs.

"You're too blind to see their value. Buy some contacts."

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
OH MY GOD KOUME AND SYOKO UNDER A DESK.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Quite possibly the BEST image in CG.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay I fixed it up a bit.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh hey it's the Miki look-alike.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Miho-chan is the real victim in all of this I think.

She gets paired up with Uzuki after New Generations goes on break, and then Uzuki immediately leaves.

I feel you, Miho-chan.

The true heroine of the story.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm pretty sure even Haruka managed to get back in gear before the day of the concert.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, the classic Producer is suspicious joke.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, the callback to the first episode.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Ah, the classic Producer is suspicious joke.

It seems like it'd come up from time to time if you work with young girls, you'd think you'd have your excuses prepared.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ugh they're gonna be late for the preparation and arrive right on time aren't they.

Also I don't trust the skies.

B- but it's winter and it's snowing, so it can't rain, right?

And rain never holds you up!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

It seems like it'd come up from time to time if you work with young girls, you'd think you'd have your excuses prepared.

No, I'm not suspicious, I just produce these girls.

Er, no, not that kind of produce.

Let me try again, these girls under me at my company.

No, not like that! I mean they work for me!

No no no, that's not it at all! They go up on a stage!

What? You've got the wrong idea! It's not that kind of stage! They just sing and dance!

Please, you have to believe me! I simply wish to show them off to the whole world!

No, their smiles! I want their smiles!

No, I-

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ugh they're gonna be late for the preparation and arrive right on time aren't they.

Also I don't trust the skies.

B- but it's winter and it's snowing, so it can't rain, right?

And rain never holds you up!

I meant to say snow never holds you up, the joke being that the 2nd years in Love Live almost missed their concert because of the snow.

But the joke's ruined now.

I'm sorry.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can sympathize a lot with Uzuki's position of not really knowing what makes you shine. Like, if I hadn't been pushed to apply for a job in translation I'd probably still be unemployed or working part-time in a convenience store or doing a fuckton of studying in a futile attempt to make myself employable.

If you don't really have a high opinion of yourself and your skills and you downplay what you can do, then it's hard to see what you're actually capable of and you're always second-guessing even when people compliment you, hand-waving it as "they're just being nice."

It's especially so if the answer appears vague or just very general.

"Oh you're good at English." Like gently caress I'm good at English, I'm just average at it from a native English speaker's perspective.

"You were chosen for your smile." But everyone can smile???? And the girl who doesn't smile also got chosen for her smile???? Like wha????

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Of course, Producer's view of Uzuki's smile is actually a lot more meaningful, but it's not clear to Uzuki at first.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Cute, but probably should've been in literally any planet other than sega's…

Polsy posted:

If he just dyed his hair grey like his mentor or whoever that guy is he'd probably have less trouble. Also, if he wore sweatervests.

I'm pretty sure even Haruka managed to get back in gear before the day of the concert.

I mean, she got kidnapped by a hallucination and dragged halfway across Tokyo by it; the girl still ain't right. Well, for a person. She can stand on a stage and smile, so that's good enough, I guess.

Also for all Mishiro's clownshoes tearing teams apart and shortsighted focus on immediate profits, she isn't Kuroi. I'd rather listen to her and pchan talk in metaphors for an hour than "I shall ruin their reputation by kicking someone out of a car on a mountainside. Also nobody ever taught me the difference between chess and go."

I meant to say snow never holds you up, the joke being that the 2nd years in Love Live almost missed their concert because of the snow.

But the joke's ruined now.

I'm sorry.

rip

So this is what happens when you don't employ the double side mouth technique in an anime....

:( you've got your 3d sonics in my idol thread

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Uzuki trying to force herself to smile with her fingers maybe be the saddest scene in CG....

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zenostein posted:

I mean, she got kidnapped by a hallucination and dragged halfway across Tokyo by it; the girl still ain't right. Well, for a person. She can stand on a stage and smile, so that's good enough, I guess.

Also for all Mishiro's clownshoes tearing teams apart and shortsighted focus on immediate profits, she isn't Kuroi. I'd rather listen to her and pchan talk in metaphors for an hour than "I shall ruin their reputation by kicking someone out of a car on a mountainside. Also nobody ever taught me the difference between chess and go."

I want to kick Mishiro out of a car on a mountainside, also the car is Kuroi.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh poo poo more symbols. They're just steps away from the stage, but Uzuki's doubts and insecurities leave her unable to progress past the basement.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a nice metaphor. Blind to her own qualities, she stumbles aimlessly, too lost to realize her goal is actually so close by.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God dammit it's night!