Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

An obvious cry for help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

It should be something like this. Maybe if you care more about even number of teams in each federation than pretty OCD borders (WHICH I DON'T!) then you can let Turkey, Russia, Cyprus, and all those lovely east of the Caspian countries into UEFA but I'm drawing the line at Kazakhstan and Israel.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Kazxit now

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

It should be something like this. Maybe if you care more about even number of teams in each federation than pretty OCD borders (WHICH I DON'T!) then you can let Turkey, Russia, Cyprus, and all those lovely east of the Caspian countries into UEFA but I'm drawing the line at Kazakhstan and Israel.

so russia doesnt play in Europe anymore under your butthurt new system?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
divide asia in three federations

Eastasia

Middle East

South East-Pacific

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Blue Star Error posted:

make a middle east/north africa federation and include israel imo

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Jose posted:

make a middle east/north africa federation and include israel imo

that away trip to syria would be a bitch

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
all matches to be played in Israel due to security concerns.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

RideTheSpiral posted:

so russia doesnt play in Europe anymore under your butthurt new system?

Maybe they should have thought about having a border that was a straight line near Europe if they wanted to be UEFA rather than having 90% of their country be snow Mongolia

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

This seems good to me.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No point putting Carroll up front until Creswell's fit to bang crosses at his misshapen head. In the meantime put MIckey Tony in for Walcott, I saw two or three balls to the back post where Walcott reacted like someone had just thrown a balloon full of piss at him, Antonio would have known what to do with them.

Lmao, great description of lolcott.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Blue Star Error posted:

Maybe they should have thought about having a border that was a straight line near Europe if they wanted to be UEFA rather than having 90% of their country be snow Mongolia

Mongolia is snow Mongolia

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Blue Star Error posted:

How is Algeria and Israel part of UEFA, but Egypt isnt?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Algeria isn't part of uefa (since 1962)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Transcontinental countries should be allowed to be a part of all the continental confederations they can be a part of, and put up national teams for all of these competitions.
And all the butthurt small countries* should have thought about not conquering a shitton of uninhabited wasteland on a neighbouring continent before drawing a line where they did.

*A waiver is in place for Canada, they have a lot of snowy uninhabited wasteland. They may complain.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

russia should be banned because their footballers are all obviously doping since all the other athletes are

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

russia should be banned because their footballers are all obviously doping since all the other athletes are

Based on their euros they're the only country that isn't doping.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Based on their euros they're the only country that isn't doping.

It's more like football is the only sport where Russia isn't doping.
They got burnt on that over 10 years ago.
If they were doping, they wouldn't have been as poo poo as they were on the euros.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
NATO except Trukey vs rest of the world imo

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Austria/Georgia is surprisingly entertaining.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Georgia pulled one back with a lovely strike from distance.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Tal Ben Chaim, of all people, just chipped Buffon for a really nice goal.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I'm watching Israel - Italy on a RAI4 stream and it's pretty weird because they're not really narrating the game, they're talking about whatever and talking about the game when something interesting happens.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Croatia Turkey is a completely empty stadium and it's very weird. Modric earns a pen and the Croats go up 1 nil, but should really have at least 3.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

LOL and Turkey equalizes with a free kick off the wall from 30 yards.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Gigi Galli posted:

Tal Ben Chaim, of all people, just chipped Buffon for a really nice goal.

The Guardian says it's a different Tal Ben Haim

Spain is only up 1-0 on Liechtenstein, at home

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

surrender posted:

Oh lol, well good for this guy.

Chiellini just got sent off :thumbsup:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol they just played sad trombone when Chiellini was sent off, I like this channel

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

surrender posted:

Well that's no longer true, Spain just scored 3 goals in five minutes

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
nobody cares, but here are the 16 qualifying teams for the ACN

https://twitter.com/CAF_Online/status/772534694240018433

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Simone Poodoin posted:

lol they just played sad trombone when Chiellini was sent off, I like this channel

I had to look this up and the guys doing the commentary are a famous Italian comedy team called Gialappa's Band. They're the guys that made Mai Dire Gol, Bar Sport, and a bunch of other satirical sports shows. That's great that they're getting to do some version of the national team now.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That's cool and explains the dude with the exaggerated nasal voice, I can't really appreciate it because I don't know enough Italian to understand satirical jokes but it has been a good stream.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Loving the welsh band and their selection of banging club hits from the seventies to the nineties instead of playing the great escape 97 loving times

Of course that's probably the most up to date music they have in Wales but still.

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 5, 2016

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Phwoar Big Cir

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Some top top eyebrows in this Israel crowd

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

lol, Immobile.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Loving the welsh band and their selection of banging club hits from the seventies to the nineties instead of playing the great escape 97 loving times

Of course that's probably the most up to date music they have in Wales but still.

its good lost prophets found a new gig

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

drat should haev had another. Perfect service.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Mr. Mambold posted:

drat should haev had another. Perfect service.

He's had three good chances, but they've all been 1 on 3 or so. He scored the one, that's enough imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Feels good that we have the best player in the world leading us to another victory

• Locked thread