Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Forgall posted:

It was never any different.

eeeeeeeh, there's a bunch of hosed up paternity poo poo that needs to be fixed, like male child molestation victims being forced to pay child support (in the USA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Your Computer posted:

You know, this place

To quote imgur; "Equality, bitch"

Not a single "female" in there, you sure these are from Imgur?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Met posted:

Ever since he had a kid at 18 he just kind of lost it.

He also doesn't seem to realize that Republicans and Democrats have changed over the years, and endorse different policies and thoughts than they used to.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Leavemywife posted:

He also doesn't seem to realize that Republicans and Democrats have changed over the years, and endorse different policies and thoughts than they used to.

Sounds like he thinks people today should be held responsible for the acts of previous generations.

How's he on slavery reparations?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Leavemywife posted:

Well that doesn't fit with his message/world view, why should he realise such a thing.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Cumslut1895 posted:

eeeeeeeh, there's a bunch of hosed up paternity poo poo that needs to be fixed, like male child molestation victims being forced to pay child support (in the USA)

Issue being, this was made a problem by patriarchal ideas in the first place. (A man can't be raped, a man should always be the primary income source, single mothers can't make due on their own... hosed up poo poo like that.) And that toxic masculinity extends to the point of people arguing even a twelve year old can't be raped by a woman because hurr durr always male want pussy.

Feminism is good for men, too.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

Issue being, this was made a problem by patriarchal ideas in the first place. (A man can't be raped, a man should always be the primary income source, single mothers can't make due on their own... hosed up poo poo like that.) And that toxic masculinity extends to the point of people arguing even a twelve year old can't be raped by a woman because hurr durr always male want pussy.

Feminism is good for men, too.

I think you'll find this problem was caused by women-lead drives to extend child support, The "toxic masculinity" poo poo is a smoke screen. I'm sure women-lead activist groups will be getting on this issue any time soon (other than to suggest it's good for boys to be raped so they know what happens to women, that's already a pretty popular opinion)

For a group that claims to support self-determination for women, feminists sure do shy away from any actual punishment when a women does something as horrible as molesting a child.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

It's time to pump the breaks on this particular derail, please.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

e: Apologies. Wrote this before yours, posted it after.

Das Boo has a new favorite as of 14:02 on Sep 5, 2016

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Das Boo posted:

I don't think I hit a nerve so much as an artery.

:rolleyes: for the record, that's the weakest response you could possibly give

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
For the record nobody cares

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

NiceGuy posted:

For the record nobody cares

I'm sure that kid (there are several) making child support payment cares. On the other hand no one care about him so by the transitive property who gives a gently caress!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

When I ask people to stop derailing, this also includes baiting.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

cash crab posted:

When I ask people to stop derailing, this also includes baiting.

:question:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
A black woman demanding respect?!

Oh my what has this world come to.

Also lol at that derail.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Paging LoB on the white courtesy phone. LoB to the IoSM thread please

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

puck puck goose posted:

At what point did "men's rights" turn from just being about paternity stuff to what it became today because I clearly remember a very big difference in the meaning of that term many years ago

I remember staring into that abyss as a teenager in the late 90s. An old family friend I thought was cool was jailed for molesting his daughter and then released years later when his attorney found proof she made the whole thing up out of spite. It was pretty flooring to see how a financially and socially successful guy essentially lost his whole life over a lie, how nobody cared to make things right or help him out after the fact, and how it wasn't an isolated case. Most of the men's rights groups I encountered tended to fall into one of two general camps - the angry divorcee who couldn't go two sentences without saying 'oval office' and had no ability to recognize cognitive dissonance, or (less commonly) people who essentially espoused feminism.

e. oops, on mobile and didn't :f5: from last night :(

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e - loving SA Needful, accidental emptyquote. Ignore.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

These assholes always miss what the problem with violence against women is and assume that violence against men is acceptable. They always assume the solution is to make more violence acceptable.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Thanks to these assholes if I ever see a puffin IRL I am going to fly into a blind rage and kick it to death.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

:ohdear: I don't think that's how it works. Shared by a young, accomplished physicist.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
More bullshit incoming!

http://imgur.com/gallery/DM3yp

Thank God the comments are starting to call them out on this poo poo.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Otisburg posted:

Thanks to these assholes if I ever see a puffin IRL I am going to fly into a blind rage and kick it to death.

They're apparently tasty, so don't waste it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a40VeD8YxiU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ularg posted:

More bullshit incoming!

I actually saw some good comments and discussion happening.

Just have to ignore the shitposting, but that's a skill you can home in gbs.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

RFC2324 posted:

I actually saw some good comments and discussion happening.

Just have to ignore the shitposting, but that's a skill you can home in gbs.

I just avoid GBS.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ularg posted:

More bullshit incoming!

Thanks for the enlightenment, extremely high and unshaven stick figure man

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

last page but loving lmao at everyone who uses "entry level" to refer to anything except, like, budget considerations for consumer electronics and poo poo

I don't get people who work themselves up over whether or not the things that bring them joy are ~accessible~ or not. Whenever I encounter people with those attitudes the only thing I see them communicating is "I'm boring as poo poo, look at how much I loving hate myself". Like dude the video games you play and metal music bands you listen to are supposed to be cool things for fun and not an extension of your identity or a measure of your worth as a person, please learn to be nice

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ularg posted:

More bullshit incoming!

Gee I wonder if this has something to do with the reputation jobs in sanitation and primary industry have for being dangerous, poorly paid for the risk involved, and largely absent of any potential for meaningful career advancement??? Nah that doesn't make sense, it's probably just that All Feminists Hate Men For No loving Reason.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You see men aren't whiny bitches that complain about things like "Safe working environment" and "Long life expectancy". :v:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

TinTower posted:

Thanks for the input, cumslut scootaloo.

Yeah, that's the address of the tumblr in the pic if you want to see it for yourself. There were thankfully nothing but text posts on the front page when I went and I wasn't brave enough to go down another page, so have at it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ularg posted:

You see men aren't whiny bitches that complain about things like "Safe working environment" and "Long life expectancy". :v:

Funny how they don't bring up how most nurses are still mostly female, what with having to wash peoples leaky diseased genitals and rotting wounds every day for a living, or regularly watching people die. I guess it is an indoor air conditioned job. Another wimpy job for wimpy ladies.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I was a CNA in my early 20's and had to deal with bodily fluids, sexual harassment from 90 year-old men and corpse prep, but still somehow teaching was the most thankless job I've ever had. Holy poo poo, I do not have the stomach for it.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Picnic Princess posted:

Funny how they don't bring up how most nurses are still mostly female, what with having to wash peoples leaky diseased genitals and rotting wounds every day for a living, or regularly watching people die. I guess it is an indoor air conditioned job. Another wimpy job for wimpy ladies.

Not to mention being asked to regularly pull very heavy people up or deal with physically aggressive psychiatric patients.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.

Pretty harmless compared to most things in this thread, but that addition though

Laurenz
Dec 21, 2015

They call him little janny hotpockets. He was terrific, he was the best, and he did it for free too.
The future is gonna be so weird

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The future is already here

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I look forward to the next generation rebelling against star wars and nerd culture. Or at least leveling out on the love for it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Anything relevant I might have learned" Knowing the name of a fish is p loving useless in most cases. But sure add another post to the "I hate pop culture these days, not like the 50's, when america was great"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Ularg posted:

"Anything relevant I might have learned" Knowing the name of a fish is p loving useless in most cases. But sure add another post to the "I hate pop culture these days, not like the 50's, when america was great"

The good old days, when marine biology was sweeping the nation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ularg posted:

I think it might have been... A joke?