Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hey what's up. i'm oddium and i'm going to let's play the new ToG game Pozzo Jello Crusade

PRELUDE

you play as pozzo who's working hard to get some money. this is his final day before vacation

that's pozzo in the lower right. he normal has eyes but i think he's blinking here. the green guy is the boss and maybe also a chef. the restaurant backstory isn't really clear. also i didn't catch it but the individual letters fly out of their mouths when they talk so imagine that

LEVEL 1

finally, the game play. i forget what this level is called, but here we're introduced to the basic mechanics. eat the colored jello and walk on to the rainbow square to exit. on the left you can see how many jello squares are left, including pink and green squares for some reason. i don't know what they do. we have no coins

once you eat a jello square the floor below it falls out and you can't walk there anymore. if you read the Boss' dialogue before this caption then you probably knew that. we now have 2 coins, and have eaten two jello. i don't want to assume but it's probably related. i continue eating the jello and leave the level. actually looking back on i don't think i need to eat all the jello to finish the level. maybe it's a branching story point

LEVEL 2

i remembered to screencap the level intro this time. this one's called Vum Vum Jello. the pink squares earlier are pink jello it turns out. the green squares are either jello or poison i would say

much bigger level than last time, and also maybe a few places to mess up. i'm confident i can do it though

:yikes:

haha no i did that on purpose to show off the r button. it starts the level over, for Redo. or Repeat. or Replay. hmmm. oh if you want to know how i did it i included the path i took in a separate image. some pictures can be clicked on from now on for just such things but be warned: solution spoilers

anyway i keep on trucking and wouldn't you know, i unlock the rainbow exit. the exit was locked if you noticed, but eating all the jello unlocked it. that's our Pozzo

LEVEL 3

this is level 3: LOCK ON. sounds like something a fighter jet computer would say before firing a missile. that's what i think of anyway

as you can see this level has blue jello, pink jello, and presumably green jello but i'm still not sure. also there are color coded locked blocks now. the Boss says they'll disappear once you eat the right colored jello and i trust him frankly

aw beans

that was a real goof up folks. i'm pretty good at this but not infallible. don't let mistakes slow you down though, we do this one jello at a time. with all the blue jello gone, the blue lock blocks have disappeared. we were right to trust the Boss

the pink jello is likewise dispatched hastily. i swear haven't messed up again yet, i'll let you know if i do

all jello eaten, all lock blocks removed, and a staggering 125 coins. the universe is shaking to our beat

anyway that's it for now. check out this card i got

Pozzo !!

NEXT TIME

:wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

pozzo my neg of barkley 2 hard drive

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Can we discuss spoilers?

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Blackheart posted:

Can we discuss spoilers?

Barkley dies

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Pozzo my neg hole.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

please don't discuss pozzo spoilers

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
as one of the many backer's of this fine kickstarter I am disappointed I did not receive a key for pozzo and cannot pozzo my neg barkley mindset

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
Will Pozzo be more affordable during the Steam Holiday Sale this December? I'm highly intrigued but I can't justify paying that much for a game I will get at most a few hours of gameplay out of.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

so when is the standalone multiplayer only portion of barkley coming?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Bark Lee is a good dog name

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
there's suddenly too much content in this thread I'm scared and confused

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Hello sirs as a prominent content creator and brand influencer I'm reaching out to you so that we may both leverage our core competencies and elevate Pizza Jello Crusader. If you supply me with a steam key I can guarantee positive coverage of the game on my various social media channels, increasing your market penetration and generating buzz over your product.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's interesting stuff to say about Pozzo's character arc but let's respect the LPer's rules until these important events happen. I hope oddium eventually covers all of the main story paths.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you bet your beans i will

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I bought pozzo so I could discover what fragments of Barkley 2 material were present
I was amused

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Help I can't get trapped by the imp

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

you bet your beans

i most certainly did not :mad:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

drat, I haven't seen a vidcon this intense since my tape loading home personal computer with 64k of ram

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
hi I am youtube sensation grumpgames I have a million subscribes so you should give me a free copy of the game so I can make a video of myself not being able to beat the tutorial levels and making fart noises with my mouth

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

SeXReX posted:

hi I am youtube sensation grumpgames I have a million subscribes so you should give me a free copy of the game so I can make a video of myself not being able to beat the tutorial levels and making fart noises with my mouth

don't listen to this guy, I'll do you one better: I can make fart noises without my mouth

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

Why can't I play Pozzo or Bakely on my 3DS?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

poz my neg barkley hole

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Is Pozzo making the tens of sales necessary to provide the togsters with dollar burgers as they make their way from their steam tunnels to the public library to do some game development, or will they have to waste most of this year waiting in line at the soup kitchen again?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Butt Discussin posted:

Is Pozzo making the tens of sales necessary to provide the togsters with dollar burgers as they make their way from their steam tunnels to the public library to do some game development, or will they have to waste most of this year waiting in line at the soup kitchen again?

Good news, they are on schedule to have a vertical slice in several months so the game is still on pace to come out by 2030!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this update is longer so the pictures are smaller. and will continue to be smaller actually. thank you

LEVEL 4

we pick up where we left off, Flip the Switch

stepping on the :smug: face switches them to :geno:. the gold bricks are now intangible, while the stone bricks have been made whole

aw flip

just kidding no problem :cool:

good as Gold haha

LEVEL 5

this is a blondie song which i hear on the radio sometimes. i like heart of glass more personally

reader participation: try to complete this puzzle before i do

if you managed to do it: congrats. if not, don't worry, there will be more reader participation challenges

INTERMISSION

we've cleaned out the storage room and now we're off to the freezer. i'm really into that background image by the way. very serene

oh i should mention the music in this game is really good. i can't find it online though so have some david wise instead for the freezer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MBtxyOe3l4

LEVEL 6

iceberg is um. not the guy from Water 7. that's iceburg. iceberg is a bad lettuce

this level is pretty fun. pozzo learns how to push ice cubes with his tongue. they'll continue forward until they hit something

you can't push two ice cubes at once though

and if an ice cube hits a jello it'll destroy it

just out of curiosity i check to see if you can leave a level without destroying all the jello. you can

but pozzo has a job to do

LEVEL 7

this one's called: oh um. Herbert's Victims ?? which are the jello blocks left in the freezer i guess. herbert is the boss if you didn't know

it's hard to tell in a still image but the Restless Spirits are moving back and forth like certain zelda enemies

no need to disturb them i think. herbert please stop that

with the lock blocks gone the restless spirits are really booking. gotta be careful

i almost died taking this picture

LEVEL 8

Think First, Act Later i act first

this is pozzo spawning in. the blue represents his purity according to my mood ring chart

there's a little dexterous challenge to the left and one of those zelda sliding block puzzles to the right

flipping dogs

obviously i gotta use the ice block to clear a path and then

gosh dang

in my desperation i lick the block. is this what happened to the restless spirits ?? will pozzo too succumb ?? will i ??

"think first" i think, in my head. "then, act"

zelda jingle

easy as ice, is the saying i believe

LEVEL 9

WIZARDS BLIZZARDS oddium's thoughts: this name rules

this is the most wizardly playground of blizzardly conditions i've ever seen

the lesson of Wizards Blizzards is knowing when to ignore temptation and when to indulge. here, the ice blocks were superfluous except for the two i accidentally kicked before taking this screenshot

blocks can be friends, or foes. travel carefully

set em up

knock em down. i learned that from bowling. the upcoming ice block is begging to be pushed

but i see through it. also sorry if this spoiler line is wonked up. i have to do them from memory and i was listening to adventure zone at the time

LEVEL 10

Cold Tricks... foreshadowing much...

reel in that stoic imagination of yours dear reader. i know you can vividly see the restless souls bouncing around like bullets out of heck, but trust me. they're stalwart guardians of those jello blocks, not moving an inch. it's obvious what needs to be done

face to face, i can tell they won't fight back. i'm being asked to kill my once tormentors without a fight in a very kojima esque commentary

i set up the firing squad. i've taken my role as judge and jury for granted, but reflecting on the nature of executioner and also touching all this ice has left me chilled...

the ice travels through them without hesitation. they're not hurt. they're fine. did they know this would happen. am i being tested. what is this

NEXT TIME

we smell something

THE ACHIEVEMENT ZONE

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Fun Fact: one of the few other games to have this level of ice cube realistic physics was Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's something about the serene beauty of ice that inspires genius...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

INTERLUDE

herbert is acting a little weird, and kind of mean. pozzo drifts into a slumber, as we can see in a screenshot i timed perfectly

LEVEL 11

we slip the surly bonds of of the conscious world and enter cloud cuckooland from banjo tooie Warped Reality. reginald, the dream angel is here. i don't feel so alone

the new mechanic is insanely sick jump pads what make pozzo rocket over these cloud walls, which can't be passed otherwise

reginald help ...

the green jello has been systematically destroyed

the blue jello has been systematically destroyed but in such a way that leaves me unbalanced

much better

LEVEL 12

Hazy Dream is a little on the nose but okay

this level looks like a pacific northwest native american eagle or something. another ice block zelda puzzle too

this feels right. just gamer girl intution

i'm like neo at the end of the matrix at this point

prepare yourself crusader, for this baller chain jump:

mystical gif technology struggles to capture its majesty

i just noticed reginald is gone. this game is lonely sometimes

LEVEL 13

hope you don't have a Corner Complex hahaha reginald please

a very zen stage... yin and yang jello, in harmony... and based off what i know of taoism from pokemon gen 5 the blue jello is kyurem

oh beans i messed up the blue jello. look back at it now i realize the exit was unlocked the whole time. what does it mean

good good

reflecting on the nature of zen... frog jumps in to pond... splash...

LEVEL 14

levels what have restless spirits like Stocks of Stupidity are much more reflective and personal i think

they're implied to be Herbert's Victims* but they're also in pozzo's subconscious jello eating dream. maybe because they're meant to represent pozzo himself. is pozzo, too, Herbert's Victim ??

*check update #2 crusaders

e z

strategically leaving a path of green jello to cross later much like something that probably happened in the bible or whatever

like book of mark or something. it's there believe me

[inward gazing]

i'll come back, for you...

LEVEL 15

oh it's Layered. not Lavered whoops

layered because it's the most involved level yet

i called this Dark Trap Zone because you hit the wrong jump you aren't coming back

this um. i don't think it's right

this is. also wrong

it takes me a few tries but i figured it out. hit the green and retreat

hit the pink and retreat

what happens, to a Dream deferred

NEXT TIME

THE ACHIEVEMENT ZONE

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
drat I didn't prepare enough for that sick trip. jump.

Edit: God drat that was a quad. Too fast, I missed one.

captain innocuous fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Sep 4, 2016

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Spoiler tag all those posts

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hope pozzo can make it back.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

update #4

previous updates
update #1
update #2
update #3

buckle up, crusaders, it's gonna be a hot one. here's a little moodsetter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOwu07IJvXE

pozzo is ripped back to the waking world what from herbert calling. herbert is super flustered and doesn't seem to be concerned with pozzo at all. i hate to say it but i'm starting to not like herbert

LEVEL 16

anyway pozzo's trek back begins with Scorched

these skulls in the red X's will throw "fireballs" continuously. each one will rotate 90 degrees either clockwise or counter-clockwise once you lick the grey/red button.

what's interesting to note here is that there is only one jello block, which doesn't have to be collected to finish. it makes sense canonically, since the desert has little to do with herbert's jello restaurant

thematically, though, it's especially fitting. the dream levels seem to have been a rebirth of sorts for pozzo, a mental separation from herbert, now physical

LEVEL 17

here we are presented with a Sidenote

continuing to collect jello for herbert will unleash danger upon pozzo. is he brave enough, swift enough, cunning enough ??

leave a way out

pozzo is becoming his own man

LEVEL 18

i don't know what S'parrens is supposed to mean. if i had to grasp i would say it's intentionally gibberish, meant to reflect pozzo making sense of his brave new world. but i think we need more evidence for that reading

gosh dang this level is a doozy. what's most striking to me are the stagnant restless spirits, which are usually used as a warning. they are pozzo if he fails, and there's much room for failure here

note that there is again only one jello to collect

the level looked intimidating, but it only takes a few simple ice block nudges to set up an escape

LEVEL 19

this level, Scorpions Tail, is the most telling of any level so far

by far the most jello in any desert level, and here arranged as an aggressor. no tricks, no traps, just pozzo face-to-face with his demon

this, too, shall pass

LEVEL 20

i don't know why it's called Stump

it looks kind of like a tree stump from a bird's eye view i guess ??

again, once more, a single jello piece. pozzo collects it out of honorbound duty

make a stack of ice

free the switch

Return Home. stay strong pozzo

NEXT TIME

plot ??

PROGRESS TRACKER

according to this:

we are uh.

[■■■■■-----]
50% COMPLETE

oddium fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 4, 2016

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Let's not be hasty to judge Herbert for in some ways it could be said he's his own victim too.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
yo like that one guy asked please spoilertag all those images it's really annoying seeing the thread flash up and down spasmodically

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
This is the worst LP ever

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

The ToGsters have deigned to bless us with another biannual update. This one primarily concerns Pozzo and TELEDILDONICS. There is also a vague hint at a possible connection between the worlds of Pozzo and Barkley. I guess it's time to dig up my jello crusading gear.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
how are you going to load dwarfnet if u can barely load a thread full of garbage images like this one

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

[56k no!!!!!!][Wow][Good]Barkley 2 Kickstarter - Sequel to Barkley, Shut Up & Jam: Gaiden

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

oddium posted:

WORLDS BIGGEST PILE OF poo poo

Please poo poo up this thread with more poo poo thanks in advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Legin Noslen posted:

Please poo poo up this thread with more poo poo thanks in advance.

I agree, it's drowning out all the other good content