Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Tesseraction posted:

My point is - how many Commonwealth countries have engaged in counter-US operations?

Grenada :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Grey Fox posted:

I can hear Nate Silver's hair falling out from here.

What is it like to hear the sound of nothing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
100% Trump
0% Clinton

538 via Donald Trump's twitter

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao good job being all cautious and allowing any old idiot retard pollster with transparently horse race methodologies in

You know who isn't answering 300 calls from journos about wtf he's doing running his own poll right now? Sam Wang

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

UrbicaMortis posted:

I like this one because it looks like Putin has just told Obama some scandalous gossip.

So is Obama really tall or is Putin really short? I can't tell.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

My point is - how many Commonwealth countries have engaged in counter-US operations?

At worst there's Pakistan not being very helpful with the whole bin Laden thing, but India are slightly less accommodating to Islamic terrorists for some reason. :iiam:

Did the Confederacy count as a Commonwealth at the time? I know individual members did

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

C-Euro posted:

O-dog is 6'1" and P-dog is 5'7"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

offensive though the TV channel is it hardly counts

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

TBeats posted:

O-dog is 6'1" and P-dog is 5'7"

Oh poo poo I'm taller than Putin, hell yeah

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Tesseraction posted:

Judging by the previous Ipsos poll having a lower weighting it's probably a case that this time its shortcomings aren't quite enough to tilt the percentage down to 2% - he weights each poll according to its specifically methodology and crosstabs relative to the state.

did he ever explain why he's the only aggregator to even include the state-level breakdowns of that poll as individual results

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

C-Euro posted:

Putin is 5'7", Obama is 6'1"

Jeb! is 6'3"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

Did the Confederacy count as a Commonwealth at the time? I know individual members did

Karl Marx was pro-Lincoln so I refuse to acknowledge Britain's opportunistic support of the slavery motherfuckers.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

At worst there's Pakistan not being very helpful with the whole bin Laden thing

lol

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

C-Euro posted:

Oh poo poo I'm taller than Putin, hell yeah

oh yeah? how much do you bench?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/politico/status/772845514261921792

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

did he ever explain why he's the only aggregator to even include the state-level breakdowns of that poll as individual results

I believe historically state-level polls (and breakdowns) are individually more accurate.

Of course, in this election...

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm taller than both why don't I rule the world?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/772845468321771520

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They were also not so helpful during the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan, they funneled most of the US covert military aid to the most fundie groups.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Look, being Indian I'm a little biased against Pakistan so pls forgive my attempts at diplomacy.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Epic High Five posted:

The Commonwealth wasn't even a thing until 1931, so no.

lookoutbelow
Mar 3, 2004

a.lo posted:

peel them
delicious chocolate await you

Needs a laurel wreath on the obverse, and maybe a 2017 mint date, but yeah.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Hillary Clinton should wear heels every time she meets Putin so she'll be taller than him.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Apparently Trump is 6'2".

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/sppeoples/status/772836649009082368

I want a vine of this so bad

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Ape of Naples posted:

yeah but how tall is he

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Civilized Fishbot posted:

You forgot about chorizo. You're worse than trump

I like to reserve the chorizo for a breakfast burrito.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/fox8news/status/772843793993306118

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/772839166254120962

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Ape of Naples posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just watched a live stream of reporters in trumps plane and he said the only way hed do bad during a debate is because of a hurricane (???)

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Tesseraction posted:

At worst there's Pakistan not being very helpful with the whole bin Laden thing, but India are slightly less accommodating to Islamic terrorists for some reason. :iiam:

you're drawing a causal link that doesn't make any sense. the commonwealth doesn't include any countries which could really be considered "enemies" of the US but the fact that they're in the commonwealth is at most a very minor factor in that

anyway the actual distinction I was drawing was between allies and non-allies, india and the US are quite friendly nowadays but they're not allies in the same sense that the UK/France/Saudis/Japan are

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

wait why is this a thing that happened?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

just watched a live stream of reporters in trumps plane and he said the only way hed do bad during a debate is because of a hurricane (???)

Hurricanes are the natural enemy of the conservative politician

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Look, being Indian I'm a little biased against Pakistan so pls forgive my attempts at diplomacy.

nah I was laughing at "actively being sheltered and hidden by factions of the Pakistani military while deliberately inhibiting us attempts at intelligence gathering" being described as "not being very helpful"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

*barometer starts dropping dramatically during debate*

"Oh, whoo, oh geez is it getting uncomfortable in here for anybody else? Maybe this calls for a rainc- ERRR I mean we should do this later"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

you're drawing a causal link that doesn't make any sense. the commonwealth doesn't include any countries which could really be considered "enemies" of the US but the fact that they're in the commonwealth is at most a very minor factor in that

anyway the actual distinction I was drawing was between allies and non-allies, india and the US are quite friendly nowadays but they're not allies in the same sense that the UK/France/Saudis/Japan are

I was just sayin that India isn't some arms-length neutral entity is all.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

WampaLord posted:

Any lettuce is too much

but i can't eat cilantro

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

theflyingexecutive posted:

nah I was laughing at "actively being sheltered and hidden by factions of the Pakistani military while deliberately inhibiting us attempts at intelligence gathering" being described as "not being very helpful"

hence me being diplomatic and understating it :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

but i can't eat cilantro
that's soap, not food

• Locked thread