Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
What's the best racing game on PS4, I'm torn between Assetto Corsa and Project Cars although I hear people saying good things about f1 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

For some reason I had a hard time getting into deus ex but it is really fun. Great side missions at least. The main story is still lame though.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's practically a tradition at this point for a DX game to have a slow, awkward beginning before you get properly outfitted.

I just finished Mankind Divided and the ending wouldn't garner nearly as many complaints if Adam hadn't immediately started thinking out loud about what he should do next. Let the good guys have their moment of relief and use a post-credits stinger to lead into the sequel if you must.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So if someone jacks your login and deeactivates all your consoles etc you can't login to your PSN or use any of your digital games for 6 loving months? Lmao

You can, you just can't access any of your digital stuff without an internet connection

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I said come in! posted:

This was suppose to have happened at E3.

No it wasn't, that rumor was stupid.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just to be sure, I should be able to solve any puzzles I run into in the witness with just my brain and they are not locked behind items or anything? I just want to make sure I am just retarded and not missing something.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

NESguerilla posted:

Just to be sure, I should be able to solve any puzzles I run into in the witness with just my brain and they are not locked behind items or anything? I just want to make sure I am just retarded and not missing something.

Never locked behind items but there are a few locked behind information you'll find in other areas. overall they're pretty few and far between though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

NESguerilla posted:

There are almost no puzzles you can't immediately walk up to and start trying to solve. Some of them are clearly tutorials meant to teach new mechanics in isolation, though, and trying to take on a later puzzle without learning the basics won't get you far.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So, for example, I'm stuck on one where half of the puzzle is blocked by a metal bar/lock type thing and I can't think of any way it would be solvable. There is actually a way to solve that without getting rid of the metal bar then?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

So, for example, I'm stuck on one where half of the puzzle is blocked by a metal bar/lock type thing and I can't think of any way it would be solvable. There is actually a way to solve that without getting rid of the metal bar then?

A different puzzle should unlock the bar. There are some puzzles that unlock later ones, im pretty sure.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

NESguerilla posted:

Is the puzzle hooked up to a cable that is currently black?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

down by the bay? follow the wires
frolicking in the forest? zoom in, enhance

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah ok. I'll poke around some more then. Thanks dudes.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
You know what was fun? The save-corrupting glitch that happens about 4/5 of the way through the PS3 version of EW that was extremely common yet they never bothered to patch. Multiple save files don't solve anything because the corruption actually happens extremely early in the game but doesn't stop your progress (or otherwise make itself apparent) until near the end. I lost a couple weeks to that glitch and that is why I don't see myself ever putting any time into XCOM2.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

...! posted:

You know what was fun? The save-corrupting glitch that happens about 4/5 of the way through the PS3 version of EW that was extremely common yet they never bothered to patch. Multiple save files don't solve anything because the corruption actually happens extremely early in the game but doesn't stop your progress (or otherwise make itself apparent) until near the end. I lost a couple weeks to that glitch and that is why I don't see myself ever putting any time into XCOM2.

I'd be very surprised if the game would be better optimized or less glitchy on the PS4 than it was on the PC, but I'll still buy it - after a few months on a sale. At least the PC version has mods.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Ramagamma posted:

What's the best racing game on PS4, I'm torn between Assetto Corsa and Project Cars although I hear people saying good things about f1 2016

Dirt Rally is really good. More of a racing sim. Very unforgiving but also very fun. It's a port from PC. Still fairly new but didn't get much attention

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Asked a while back but anyone have any opinions on Black Ops 3 for the co op?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Dirt Rally is really good. More of a racing sim. Very unforgiving but also very fun. It's a port from PC. Still fairly new but didn't get much attention

Seconding this. Great game.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

El Jebus posted:

Seconding this. Great game.

If I love rally and don't mind a challenge but am not a goddamn loving gear head geek nor have a wheel, would I have fun? Rally is great. But I just wanna go fast, slide, counter steer and enjoy good (great??) graphics.

Go.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Is there a way I can see how many hours I have played of a game on PSN? You know like in Steam?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah it's still more than playable with a controller. Nothing like the previous Dirt games though.

What i don't understand is why they got rid of the rewind button where you could do a quick rewind mid-race if you hosed up a corner really bad

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Feenix posted:

If I love rally and don't mind a challenge but am not a goddamn loving gear head geek nor have a wheel, would I have fun? Rally is great. But I just wanna go fast, slide, counter steer and enjoy good (great??) graphics.

Go.

My playing on PS4: http://youtu.be/9rtrVvV0wfE

It's a blast. I use a controller. I'm not good but I have a lot of fun. It is not forgiving like any of the previous Dirt games, even the first which I think was the closest to this version. If there is a demo, I suggest getting it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

El Jebus posted:

My playing on PS4: http://youtu.be/9rtrVvV0wfE

It's a blast. I use a controller. I'm not good but I have a lot of fun. It is not forgiving like any of the previous Dirt games, even the first which I think was the closest to this version. If there is a demo, I suggest getting it.

Nice Barrel Roll. Your Co should totally vocally react to that. :p

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Asked a while back but anyone have any opinions on Black Ops 3 for the co op?

It's not bad -- just kind of a COD campaign with a second(or third and fourth) person. Nothing as unique as the tandem moves from Splinter Cell co op but it's fun if you like the base series

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The lack of co op games on PS4 means I'll probably pick it up when it goes down a bit more in price.

Oh for the days of PS2 and Timesplitters 😞

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I don't know what l thought but I thought Dirt Rally was cheaper. Was there a sale recently I maybe noted but missed?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

blops 3 campaign is actually kind of neat and has weird cyborg powers. i had a lot of fun with it and usually dont play cod campaigns

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cool I gave up on COD somewhere around blops /mw3 but the newest future games have looked interesting

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Cool I gave up on COD somewhere around blops /mw3 but the newest future games have looked interesting

Your av (and all the other color Jeffery avs) rule so much.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1Wu1PvxQr4

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Going from 60fps Dark Souls 3 on the PC back to 30fps Bloodborne on the PS4 is not pleasant, even though I think I like Bloodborne more overall. I seriously think 60 should be the standard for everything on the PS4 going forward. I really wish this Neo was just meant to replace the normal PS4...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

Going from 60fps Dark Souls 3 on the PC back to 30fps Bloodborne on the PS4 is not pleasant, even though I think I like Bloodborne more overall. I seriously think 60 should be the standard for everything on the PS4 going forward. I really wish this Neo was just meant to replace the normal PS4...

more like if it launched as the ps4 in the first place. at this stage replacing the ps4 is way worse than selling it as a budget model to new markets with lower buy in price. if ps4 jr launches low enough in price it could sell as many as all the ps4s already sold and all the neos that will ever sell combined.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Feenix posted:

I don't know what l thought but I thought Dirt Rally was cheaper. Was there a sale recently I maybe noted but missed?

It's been half off (or more, can't remember) twice already in EU psn sale. Probably going to be on sale again soon enough.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only souls game to be 60fps on console is sotfs, and that's a last gen game ported up

games shoot for better looks and a hopefully stable 30fps on console, it's a sad fact of life. if the neo replaced the ps4 and people stopped making games for the base model (lol), those games would all be slightly prettier while still running at 30

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Is the Toukiden: Kiwami demo a pretty good indication of what the full game has in store? I just played through it and really enjoyed it, after initially not playing much of the original Toukiden demo on Vita. I'm someone who has put 10-15 hours into MH3 and MH4 but ultimately never got hooked by either, but inexplicably went deep down the hole with Final Fantasy Explorers and really enjoyed it. As a follow up, are any of the DLCs for it "must buy"? They look like just additional mission packs and some cosmetic armor.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Closed this immediately at the laughable concept of bloodborne doubling to quadrupling its performance on the New Nintendo PS4

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its a joke video you missed some funny mspaint drawings

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Was funny but I think the mspaint screenshot joke was a little played out by the end

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
30fps is criminal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

less than 4k is kkk

• Locked thread