Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Skeesix posted:

I'm sort of surprised with all that Trump likes to talk up his sexual prowess that nothing has come up regarding his personal life and abortion. Someone he's had an affair with or something.

Trump told Howard Stern he wanted Marla Maples to get an abortion when he found out she was pregnant. She didn't, and that fetus grew up to be Tiffany Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DC0ZkwAGjc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Skeesix posted:

I'm sort of surprised with all that Trump likes to talk up his sexual prowess that nothing has come up regarding his personal life and abortion. Someone he's had an affair with or something.

Also this fails to understand that for the pro-life movement it is completely ok to have personally gotten an abortion (or even better just had a partner who did) so long as you oppose it now. You'd be surprised how many pro-life activists have close family who've they've helped get an abortion or had one themselves.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do as I say now, not as I did then.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
The only moral Trump is my Trump.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Trabisnikof posted:

Also this fails to understand that for the pro-life movement it is completely ok to have personally gotten an abortion (or even better just had a partner who did) so long as you oppose it now. You'd be surprised how many pro-life activists have close family who've they've helped get an abortion or had one themselves.

Hey that's my soon to be mother in law. Almost a wonder my fiance even exists.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

fishmech posted:

Developing technology does not require dumping it into publicly available vehicles and encouraging people to use it. Like once again, you can get almost all the features of Tesla Autopilot in a lot of other high end luxury vehicles, but they both don't advertise it as driving itself, and usually try to detect when you're not paying attention and sound alarms/try to stop you if seem to not be (for instance Nissan has some cars with enhanced cruise control/lane assist they're putting out soon which sound an alarm if you're driving and take both hands off the wheel for too long: [url]http://phys.org/news/2016-07-nissan-self-driving-simpleand-autonomous.html[/

Tesla updated autopilot to disengage of the driver takes their hands off the wheel for too long. Also, Nissan calls their system ProPilot, which doesn't really seem any better than Autopilot.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

Trabisnikof posted:

It's pretty similar to how evangelical churches LOVE redemption stories, like "I was a drug addict and at my lowest moment homeless on the street I was saved" or "I was an alcoholic that cheated on my wife until I found God" (or in my family's church, "I used to be a Jew but then I realized Jesus was the Savior").

You can admit to all sorts of things and it's fine as long as you asked God for forgiveness and got saved.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

FourLeaf posted:

You can admit to all sorts of things and it's fine as long as you asked God for forgiveness and got saved.

Which would actually be a pretty healthy thing except for the part where they judge the poo poo out of other people or try to dodge consequences for their past actions.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

fishmech posted:

Agriculture is a multi-trillion dollar industry. That hasn't led to an all robot farm force.

Of course not, you still need a handful of people to run the machinery, but you can see the practical effect here:

Automation is just another form of mechanization, just less labor-intensive.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Sep 5, 2016

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

NippleFloss posted:

Tesla updated autopilot to disengage of the driver takes their hands off the wheel for too long.

Hopefully it screams JESUS loving CHRIST GET YOUR HANDS BACK ON THE WHEEL before disengaging?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Unkempt posted:

Hopefully it screams JESUS loving CHRIST GET YOUR HANDS BACK ON THE WHEEL before disengaging?

"Jesus Take the Wheel" begins to play at loud volume from the car's sound system.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

I like how if you stop reading this a few words early it makes it sound like Obama is trying to make President Duterte feel bad about not being invited to his cool pool party with President Park.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

uninterrupted posted:

tell us more about how dumb someone is allowed to be before they deserve death.

let me help - everyone in this thread deserves death

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Instant Sunrise posted:

If only there was some way to transport a mass of people at once in vehicles with a high passenger capacity.

I refuse to believe that Dagny Taggart and Hank Rearden are the answer to this problem.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sensible Thursday posted:

I like how if you stop reading this a few words early it makes it sound like Obama is trying to make President Duterte feel bad about not being invited to his cool pool party with President Park.

Pool spray with the president!

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Pretty sure Clinton 1.0 sprayed the intern pool a few times

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I want a pool party with Obama.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Paul MaudDib posted:

Of course not, you still need a handful of people to run the machinery, but you can see the practical effect here:

Automation is just another form of mechanization, just less labor-intensive.

Once again, most of that decline came from the viability of having a job that wasn't smallhold agriculture, as opposed to all that labor actually being needed on farms.

NippleFloss posted:

Tesla updated autopilot to disengage of the driver takes their hands off the wheel for too long. Also, Nissan calls their system ProPilot, which doesn't really seem any better than Autopilot.

After the high profile public decapitation got out they did that, yes. It should have been there from the start.

And ProPilot definitely isn't a common term among the public for "operates itself", so no it's a whole lot better.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sarmhan posted:

Once a year Obama should have had a lottery where one lucky family gets to come to a White House pool party.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Pro-Lifers take an anti-abortion stance so they have an excuse to punish poor women who have sex, not because they actually give a gently caress about fetuses or life.

E: Trump suporters certainly won't care about Trump's position on it now or ever because he is a vehicle for their anger and racism, as long as he maintains that his other policy positions (or lack thereof) don't matter to them

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 5, 2016

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

It looks like we're at the stage where the media seems to be completely zeroing in on Hillary. Aside from the "taco truck" thing, I haven't heard poo poo about Trump. I mean, yeah they're still reporting on him, sure. But this past week, unlike the past several weeks, have not been dominated by coverage on him, and at best, has been split with coverage on Hillary.

I never feared Trump suddenly winning over the hearts and minds of the rest of the country, but did fear that Hillary's biggest threat was going to be the press.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

sarmhan posted:

You just want to see his pecs in person. Keep not calling him a son of a whore in public and you may get your wish!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm dumb, what's a pool spray in this context?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

I'm dumb, what's a pool spray in this context?

Brief photo op.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

uninterrupted posted:

tell us more about how dumb someone is allowed to be before they deserve death.

A car is dangerous. Autopilot has never meant full automation and using it to describe what Tesla has is not false advertising. I do not see the distinction between any misunderstandings from this feature vs someone thinking cruise control will steer for them.

It literally is Autopilot. That is what it is.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Eifert Posting posted:

A car is dangerous. Autopilot has never meant full automation and using it to describe what Tesla has is not false advertising. I do not see the distinction between any misunderstandings from this feature vs someone thinking cruise control will steer for them.

It literally is Autopilot. That is what it is.

Autopilot means you don't need to pay attention to the average person. That is why it is false advertising to sell it like that, as well as being a real bad idea.

No it is not "literally" autopilot.

fishmech fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 5, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Then I guess the average person doesn't deserve to keep their head on their shoulders.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

FourLeaf posted:

Trump told Howard Stern he wanted Marla Maples to get an abortion when he found out she was pregnant. She didn't, and that fetus grew up to be Tiffany Trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DC0ZkwAGjc

:laffo: That just adds an extra layer to the whole "Tiffany is hilariously obviously Donald's least favorite acknowledged child" thing.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mr Interweb posted:

It looks like we're at the stage where the media seems to be completely zeroing in on Hillary. Aside from the "taco truck" thing, I haven't heard poo poo about Trump. I mean, yeah they're still reporting on him, sure. But this past week, unlike the past several weeks, have not been dominated by coverage on him, and at best, has been split with coverage on Hillary.

I never feared Trump suddenly winning over the hearts and minds of the rest of the country, but did fear that Hillary's biggest threat was going to be the press.

Trump might be a literal fascist, stoking the resentments of a nationwide ad-hoc militia of violent racists. But Hilary coughed during a speech.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
poo poo, wrong thread.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

WeAreTheRomans posted:

Trump might be a literal fascist, stoking the resentments of a nationwide ad-hoc militia of violent racists. But Hilary coughed during a speech.

I'm not even sure who the 'Hilary is sick' thing is supposed to appeal to. "Oh no Hilary stroked the gently caress out and died and now we have Tim Kaine as president for a couple years. Why oh why didn't I vote trump to avoid this horrible fate!" -quote from no on ever

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Skeesix posted:

He doesn't care about having kids, only about diseases (hence having his dates checked out by his doctor).

“‘Cause I like kids,” said Trump. “I mean, I won’t do anything to take care of them. I’ll supply funds and she’ll take care of the kids. It’s not like I’m gonna be walking the kids down Central Park.”

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

fishmech posted:

Autopilot means you don't need to pay attention to the average person. That is why it is false advertising to sell it like that, as well as being a real bad idea.

No it is not "literally" autopilot.

It is not false advertising to use a common technological term that's been in use for decades in exactly the same manner it has been used previously.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

woke wedding drone posted:

Then I guess the average person doesn't deserve to keep their head on their shoulders.

Unironically correct.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Eifert Posting posted:

It is not false advertising to use a common technological term that's been in use for decades in exactly the same manner it has been used previously.

It is false advertising to use a term that you know the public will think means something more than you actually have. It's like the entire concept behind false advertising.

Also, where were all those mass market ads for airliners again? I must have missed this market.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The problem is that we have to let any old idiot rear end in a top hat drive because in 99% of the country you literally can't lead a productive life unless you drive like an hour a day at least

There's millions of people who believe cruise control will drive their car for them and are only alive because they're not smart enough to engage it

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
Wow, this semantic pissing contest over the meaning of "autopilot" sure is interesting, maybe you should start a thread about it and get it the gently caress out of here!

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

WeAreTheRomans posted:

It's actually nice that Hillary's health is the one faux scandal that the media isn't focusing on. Right now they're more tied up with e-mails, LIES about e-mails and the Clinton Foundation.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Good Citizen posted:

I'm not even sure who the 'Hilary is sick' thing is supposed to appeal to. "Oh no Hilary stroked the gently caress out and died and now we have Tim Kaine as president for a couple years. Why oh why didn't I vote trump to avoid this horrible fate!" -quote from no on ever

It's projection as the right's champion is a cheeto-crusted chunk of blubber that's been in the sun too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

It's dog whistle sexism basically. Hillary is too weak to lead because she has a lower back pillow is all they can say after Trump's ruckus about blood spewing out of somewhere.

• Locked thread