Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Bad Seafood posted:

A half-remembered lullaby, more like.

"Something something emperor, hidden beetle, something something, are you writing this down?"

"Yes sir."

-- DIO, talking to himself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I'm looking forward to more Jotaro's thoughts edit this next episode.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsGTEuCQCU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bad Seafood posted:

A half-remembered lullaby, more like.

"Something something emperor, hidden beetle, something something, are you writing this down?"

"Muda."

Remember, these words were written on The World.

Because you can do that.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Where else do you think he'd write it down.

Dio's not known for carrying around post-it notes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

in the grand scheme of things, writing something on one's stand is probably one of the least baffling concepts in the series

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Writing things on the stand, sure. But how the heck was he planning on destroying his own stand and then having it somehow absorb a bunch of souls. Dio this plan makes no sense.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm reading Purple Haze Feedback and Rainy Day Dream Away is loving dope. Thank you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Dio's not known for carrying around post-it notes.

[citation needed]

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

[citation needed]

I bet Dio spent his time under the sea making little flip-book animations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Writing things on the stand, sure. But how the heck was he planning on destroying his own stand and then having it somehow absorb a bunch of souls. Dio this plan makes no sense.
It just works.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I write my grocery list on my Stand.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My stand is a grocery list

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my stand is crippling depression

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Kurtofan posted:

my stand is crippling depression

Highway to Hell?

Olive! fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 5, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alcharagia posted:

I'm reading Purple Haze Feedback and Rainy Day Dream Away is loving dope. Thank you.
Rainy Day Dream Away is one of my favorite Stand names ever tbh

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Purple Haze Feedback was a good story about drugs

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

This is a pro click by the way.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

The voices are poo poo

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
My Stand would be Suturongu Hando

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Butt Ox posted:

The voices are poo poo
I'll admit that the Eleven Men scene and Valentine looking like he's about to take his pants off for Steven Steel got me going

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Butt Ox posted:

The voices are poo poo

yeah, i was kind of envisioning a more weasely voice for ringo. i don't think a super deep bass fits him.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ringo is only permitted to speak in the soothing tone of a true southern gentleman, which that voice wasn't.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
"Oh I do declare, Mr. Zeppeli, all this rewinding time is giving me a case of the vapors. I'll believe we'll need to postpone this little scuffle because this flower is wilting"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Moltrey posted:

"Oh I do declare, Mr. Zeppeli, all this rewinding time is giving me a case of the vapors. I'll believe we'll need to postpone this little scuffle because this flower is wilting"

Ringo Roadagain
VA: Lindsey Graham

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Dio once put a man's head on a dog because it was real funny, dude's not that concerned with things like "logic"

and because Stands that somehow makes him stronger

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Bad Seafood posted:

Unfortunately, Schott Key No. 2 still wasn't very interesting.

"poison soccer ball" is some pretty top-tier Jojo "dumb/great things that happened" trivia though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Magent Magent can only be voiced by Bobcat Goldthwait.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Baal posted:

My stand is a grocery list

Supergeil

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Togashi and Kishimoto believe that Araki's ability to draw Manga and keep his schedule is basically unreal. More evidence of him sing the mask emerges...

http://m.imgur.com/a/YsKFM

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHUChTS0tNY

I will never not link this video when I have an excuse to do so.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Togashi and Kishimoto believe that Araki's ability to draw Manga and keep his schedule is basically unreal. More evidence of him sing the mask emerges...

togashi impressed by your ability to keep a schedule isn't a high mark

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

togashi impressed by your ability to keep a schedule isn't a high mark

He actually gave himself tendonitis drawing the storyboards for the entire election arc in two weeks it says, so he tried and it bit him in the rear end, but he tried.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Waffleman_ posted:

I feel Justin Roiland would also work

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My favorite is the Assassination Classroom guy meeting Araki and when writing about it said "Fans joke about if he put on the stone mask or not. After meeting him. I say he did"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I like how they just stopped mid-interview to nerd out about how super sick the Jotaro vs DIO fight was

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Butt Ox posted:

I feel Justin Roiland would also work

I'M MAGENT MAGENT! LOOK AT ME, WEKAPIPO!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah, i was kind of envisioning a more weasely voice for ringo. i don't think a super deep bass fits him.

He has a super deep voice in ASB

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also not to toot my own horn, but I said back when ASB came out I didn't care for Josuke's voice in that too much because it sounded way too tough and some people defended that and now those same people said they don't like the voice as much as Yuki Ono.

Koyama was p perfect though, but Morikawa is still very excellent, but that's Morikawa in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Waffleman_ posted:

I'M MAGENT MAGENT! LOOK AT ME, WEKAPIPO!

"Just - just give me the *BELCH* corpse, Johnny. Prosperity for America, your dead friend back, it's everything you *BELCH* you wanted, right, Johnny?"