Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Super No Vacancy posted:

day before DDT is running the same venue. they're probably being petty because ibushi didn't sign lol
Hmmm yes, and without any notable roster members billing from Osaka it all makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Another times are changing story. Traditionally reporting women would be aiming to get leaner and smaller:

Dobson was indeed in need of new gear here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJDciblLfWk

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

rovert posted:

Another times are changing story. Traditionally reporting women would be aiming to get leaner and smaller:

That's a lot of hashtags. And why is "USA' one of them?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

@drewthehalfjew

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/772842361672048640

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Has she changed her gimmick from Bratz doll to Ariana Grande adjace because she looks like Ariana Grande adjace

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

apologize to ariana

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

rovert posted:

Makes sense I guess. I mean Ember Moon is the female Rusev in that her body fat percentage is above 10% but she's very clearly built.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/772857195696238592

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Finally coming to LA. How much do the nxt tickets usually go for?

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Holy crap, I'll be visiting when they're there.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
About loving time

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

She actually looked slimmer at Chikara, her legs and arms were pretty thick though. She was a crowd favorite since the announcement of her getting signed. She seemed pretty happy from the reaction.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

So half my afternoon yesterday was mentally putting together a weekend trip down to Osaka for NXT. Gonna have to jump on tickets super fast when they're available.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

How large of a venue is the Osaka show? They seem to run a wild variety of size venues.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

abraham linksys posted:

dude's fuckin ugly but maybe it's just the terrible hair throwing me off

If Baron Corbin and Jack Swagger mated.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Hell yes. Haven't been to a show since Wrestlemania at Levi's, I am all the way down.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

How large of a venue is the Osaka show? They seem to run a wild variety of size venues.

Approximately 8,000. It's where Osaka's annual sumo tournament is held, and where plenty of other big wrestling shows are held as well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SCsirens/status/772941032409272320

quote:

Texas based independent wrestler Victoria Gonzalez has been signed by WWE.

Gonzalez had a tryout with the company back in May of 2016 at the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida and a year before sent in an audition tape for WWE Tough Enough. She is 6 foot 1 and is a second generation wrestler.

Victoria was a standout in girls basketball care at Hidalgo High where she averaged 22.2 points and 12.3 rebounds per game as a senior in 2009 to lead the Pirates to the Class 3A state semifinals, Gonzalez played two seasons at Texas A&M-Kingsville. She then transferred to Sam Houston State, redshirting one year and playing another before graduating in 2013.

She trained with the Galvans in Corpus Christi, with Richard Aleman in San Antonio, with George de la Isla at America’s Academy of Pro Wrestling in Austin, and with Rudy Boy Gonzalez of the Texas Wrestling Academy, formerly the Shawn Michaels Wrestling Academy, in San Antonio.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
You know, seeing that 6'1" height, I've always wondered whatever happened to Aloisia...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AMReese posted:

You know, seeing that 6'1" height, I've always wondered whatever happened to Aloisia...
Apparently some dirty pictures got leaked and they just released her?

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

Her dad is Giant Gonzales

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

AMReese posted:

She's on some really lovely tlc show about tall women that my wife is addicted to watching

She's really annoying and unpleasant

Edit: alosia not my wife

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

stab posted:

She's on some really lovely tlc show about tall women that my wife is addicted to watching

She's really annoying and unpleasant

Edit: alosia not my wife

Didn't her agent do a big tell blog all about how before she started he got her tons of plastic surgery and that it was a massively scummy story?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The latest ETAs on the following are:

Women's Tournament: January 2017
CWC 2: May-July 2017

I've heard some preliminary names for both there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.

Ciampa and Cedric are viewed as kind of heroes and have been stirring up emotions in frustrated talent in places like ROH. In ROH a lot of talent feels slotted and think "taking a bet on yourself" has a higher chance of probability of success than waiting for ROH to change their perception of you or to fulfill promises made:

https://twitter.com/CedricAlexander/status/730477765389107200

I haven't heard anything concrete about the Dusty Classic. Obviously there's a huge gap in the schedule between now and year end.

rovert fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Sep 7, 2016

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

rovert posted:

The latest ETAs on the following are:

Women's Tournament: January 2017
CWC 2: May-July 2017

I've heard some preliminary names for both there's a lot of reason to be optimistic.

Ciampa and Cedric are viewed as kind of heroes and have been stirring up emotions in frustrated talent in places like ROH. In ROH a lot of talent feels slotted and think "taking a bet on yourself" has a higher chance of probability of success than waiting for ROH to change their perception of you or to fulfill promises made:

https://twitter.com/CedricAlexander/status/730477765389107200

I haven't heard anything concrete about the Dusty Classic. Obviously there's a huge gap in the schedule between now and year end.

I like ROH a lot but admittedly have a tough time getting into their current product simply because of the talent they had during their 2003-2006 run. That said, the talent does feel strangely slotted. Back in the older days, guys seemed to get title shots off merit, guys you wouldn't expect. Every now and then you'd bring in a Lance Storm or someone from Japan to get a shot and the crowd would be hot for a possible change, but plenty of guys like Jimmy Rave and Delirious actually got title matches on the merits of winning streaks. It didn't hurt the belt at all because Bryan could pull fantastic matches out of every one of them.

That feels like it's been missing for a while, but they definitely booked that style of champion with Lethal which is refreshing, but it hasn't been the norm for a while. I could see guys just getting tired of not being able to move up the card and it's a shame. They have a super talented roster right now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

funny that its the same sentiment that has ryback and cody leaving the fed but I suppose some churn has always been necessary in wrestling to keep guys fresh

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So apparently Steve Cutler has asked to be murdered live on television tonight?

Edit: Whoever was getting that weird issue on Talking Smack last night where it kept cutting to old footage from the 80s, my NXT stream keeps cutting to This Week in WWE with HHH attacking Seth and Roman to gift the title to Owens.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Sep 8, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I am still undecided on TM61

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Asuka is adorable when she speaks but she'll kill me for saying so.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
rip this cabbage patch doll

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Former Rosebud Leah Von

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

is anyone else's feed going insane

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Oh hey, I saw Leah Von Dutch against SDR at a Chikara show somewhere in the middle of nowhere Ontario. Good job Leah!

Man Ember Moon's finisher is going to ruin her hips.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

almas is becoming a worse wrestler because of the performance center and its maddening

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh man, we get a GarChomp tag match at the live CWC, as if it wasn't going to be good enough already.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Ostentatious posted:

almas is becoming a worse wrestler because of the performance center and its maddening
naito was right
this is what happens when you become gobered

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

jesus christ that bump

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

So apparently Steve Cutler has asked to be murdered live on television tonight?

Edit: Whoever was getting that weird issue on Talking Smack last night where it kept cutting to old footage from the 80s, my NXT stream keeps cutting to This Week in WWE with HHH attacking Seth and Roman to gift the title to Owens.
I'm getting it with a Holy Foley photoshoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Kind of sad people are cheering Aries to beat Sombra

• Locked thread