Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Haha thanks. Go Zeke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
grabbed keenan allen in 2014 and passed on him in 2015. burned both times.

you better perform for me this year, keenan, or else. :kheldragar:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Zeke at de facto 11th isn't horrible.

Taking him over AJ Green is though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

the_american_dream posted:

Somehow i have Keenan Allen and Jarvis Landry in each league. Which I'm not thrilled with

Are you in a 10 team or a standard because I would definitely be happy with both those guys in 12 team PPR

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Are you in a 10 team or a standard because I would definitely be happy with both those guys in 12 team PPR

theyre all 12 and ppr. Just in todays zero rb world having those guys as your 1 and 2 seem weak but im overthinking probably.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Doltos posted:

Just Carlos Hyde for me. I have unreasonable expectations out of Chip Kelly RBs regardless of what's surrounding them just due to workload alone.
This is pretty drat bold but I love it. I was hoping Hyde would fall enough in my drafts that I could snag him as a bargain pick but it just never happened to the extent I wanted. I like fantasy players who aren't afraid to go against the negative groupthink so good luck to you.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Jeremy Maclin, Matt Stafford and Derek Carr are on a majority of my teams for some reason. I've got Marvin Jones all over because I'm convinced he's a huge sleeper.
I'm with you on Marvin Jones. Got him in 2/3 leagues and only missed him in the third because he wound up going in the mid-4th. He was one of my favorite breakout WR targets in the middle of drafts.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Do you know how loving hard it is to conduct an auction draft with your friends when you literally publish lists of players you like :negative:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Spoeank posted:

Do you know how loving hard it is to conduct an auction draft with your friends when you literally publish lists of players you like :negative:

Just did a goon draft where somebody sniped Mike Gillislee from me.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask if you want a real name attribution on the Ground Control site for editing everything?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

0wned bitch

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Yup. I publish my auction values, too.
Still managed to make the playoffs, last year.
I've come to enjoy the challenge: Can I piece together a team knowing that I won't get a bargain on anyone.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

I spend a week leading up to the draft planting seeds for players I don't like and it works like a charm every year. I talked up Funchess to a guy at my work for a night and he ended up taking him in the sixth.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Forsett re-signing in Baltimore according to Jason LaCanfora
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/772811802644283392

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

No those are rankings, I want ADP. The ADP listed on the half PPR sheet doesn't change between PPR and half PPR, so they are just using PPR ADP for that sheet. It's not actual half PPR ADP.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

No those are rankings, I want ADP. The ADP listed on the half PPR sheet doesn't change between PPR and half PPR, so they are just using PPR ADP for that sheet. It's not actual half PPR ADP.

Those scoundrels

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

Just did a goon draft where somebody sniped Mike Gillislee from me.

By the way, I've been meaning to ask if you want a real name attribution on the Ground Control site for editing everything?

Sure why not.

And Gillislee is my #1 pickup because I accidentally nominated Sean Smith after filling my DB slots so I have a free roster spot, basically.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yup. I publish my auction values, too.
Still managed to make the playoffs, last year.
I've come to enjoy the challenge: Can I piece together a team knowing that I won't get a bargain on anyone.

Where do you publish? Curious.

Also one guy kept telling me he read my stuff and there was a WR left he wanted when were at the endgame. I kept getting nervous to throw out Tajae because he was big stack and I didn't want to be sniped. His player was SSS. Bullet: dodged.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We need at least one more person to join in on the Cheating For Charity league. The draft is tomorrow at 9:30 EST. There is no cost to enter; I'm covering the first $25 everyone puts in. Any money you donate will help your team, and ultimately potentially your charity! Come on over!

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Where are you guys seeing Tom Brady fall in your drafts? Technically he is going to miss 5 weeks but could come in handy in the playoffs if I get stuck having to take an Eli Manning. Typically my leagues QB run happens in the 3rd round, with me drafting last in a 14 team league that puts me in a odd situation. Its either take a QB in round two or pick from the scrap heap at the end of three. For example last year:

Round One:
Rogers
Luck

Round Two:
Brees

Round Three:
Peyton
Ryan
Roethlisberger
Romo
Stafford
Wilson (My Pick)

Round Four:
Tannehill

Round Five:
None

Round Six:
Flacco
Manning
Brady

Round 7:
None

Round 8:
Cam (Lol)
Rivers

So I'm thinking if Rogers and Cam are gone I may have to wait out and pick up a Eli Manning/Jay Cutler and try to snipe Brady. My league penalizes heavily for INT's at -4 but TD's are 6. So if Rogers or Cam are there at the end of round two which I highly doubt it will be hard not to take them.

Mr. McGibblets fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 5, 2016

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I didn't see a start/sit thread so I'll just ask here:

Looks like Charles will be out Sunday, so should I start Frank Gore or Spencer Ware? 1 PPR.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Keep Zach Ertz or pick up Travis Kelce? Latavius Murrary or Spence Ware? Kelce burned me last year with his inconsistency.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I like Kelce over Ertz. Mostly because I have no clue how him and Wentz will gel.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/772873293623861248

Don't worry, Spoeank. We'll be here for you in your time of need.

Vance McDonald forever!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Zach Ertz will do nothing for like 12 weeks then have a random hot streak at the end of the season that has people buying him as a sexy breakout candidate the next summer. He's the rich man's Kyle Rudolph.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've been saying that for two years and no one listens

Eagles TEs have been coasting on reputation since Brent Celek had that really good season a decade ago

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
I don't think you should roster any Eagles at this point, tbh.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Vargo posted:

I don't think you should roster any Eagles at this point, tbh.

Fletcher Cox is totally rosterable, and there's nothing particularly wrong with Caleb Sturgis, I don't think?

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
I've got a weird feeling that CJ Spiller isn't going to be worthless this year. Healthy off season, high powered offense, big contract in need of justification, promising pre-season usage with the first team offense, Ingram coming off injury, non existent draft cost. I think you could do a lot worse with a late round flier. I think he has the makings of an early season waiver wire darling. Plus he's an easy cut if his role turns out to be the same as last year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I Want To Believe

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
How about no

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

ZIGfried posted:

I've got a weird feeling that CJ Spiller isn't going to be worthless this year. Healthy off season, high powered offense, big contract in need of justification, promising pre-season usage with the first team offense, Ingram coming off injury, non existent draft cost. I think you could do a lot worse with a late round flier. I think he has the makings of an early season waiver wire darling. Plus he's an easy cut if his role turns out to be the same as last year.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if Spiller winds up becoming the player the Saints wanted when they signed him last year. The knee issues and the talk of him not fully picking up the playbook really held him back last season. His extremely cheap draft cost makes him an interesting flier.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Is anybody on Golden Tate? Haven't really heard much about him good or bad.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

RBX posted:

Is anybody on Golden Tate? Haven't really heard much about him good or bad.

Goon consensus seems to be that Marvin Jones is a far better pick at his ADP than Tate. I have seen him going in the 4th in PPR leagues which is a bit too high for me.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, I don't hate Tate but considering their ADPs, I'd much rather have Jones. Even if they were going at the same time, I'd rather have Jones anyway for his RZ potential, but Tate wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if i missed out. If you see him fall a while, I don't think he's a bad pick all in all, and would be a pretty decent WR3 and a flat out good WR4, but that's not where he's going.

e: I like him better than Baldwin and Benjamin who are going after him

e2: considering the potential foot problems and the lack of Brady for 1/3 of the season, I'd say that he's at worst equal to Edleman who is going ahead of him, and in standard, I think I'd rather have Tate to be honest

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Sep 5, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Yeah, I don't hate Tate but considering their ADPs, I'd much rather have Jones. Even if they were going at the same time, I'd rather have Jones anyway for his RZ potential, but Tate wouldn't be a bad consolation prize if i missed out. If you see him fall a while, I don't think he's a bad pick all in all, and would be a pretty decent WR3 and a flat out good WR4, but that's not where he's going.

e: I like him better than Baldwin and Benjamin who are going after him

e2: considering the potential foot problems and the lack of Brady for 1/3 of the season, I'd say that he's at worst equal to Edleman who is going ahead of him, and in standard, I think I'd rather have Tate to be honest

I won't argue about Marvin vs Tate at their respective ADPs, but calling Tate a decent WR3 to good WR4 is too pessimistic. He was WR#24 (or thereabouts) in PPR last year with a healthy Calvin Johnson. He put up some of his better games after Jim Bob Cooter took over, and obviously Calvin is gone. There's no good reason (that I'm aware of) to think he's going to fall below back end WR2 to top end WR3, while he certainly has upside for better with Jim Bob in and Calvin gone for the entire season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I guess my opinion is skewed because I tend to lean toward zero RB, so if I had Tate as a WR2, I would think that is an unmitigated failure, whereas he'd be one of the better WR3s out there.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Both are still great options in PPR leagues, the Lions are gonna be passing a poo poo ton probably.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiptoes posted:

What players have you guys wound up with multiple shares?

I don't really target specific players, but I seem to end up with Michael Thomas alot. And I grabbed David Morgan in most of my dynasty leagues due to his strong hair game

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Kloaked00 posted:

My 12 person 0PPR draft is on Tuesday, and I have first pick. Would it be weird / a mistake to offer to switch positions with someone more toward the back, like the 6th person? I feel that would give me a little better idea about the direction of the draft and still should allow me to get one of ODB / Julio / Johnson / Peterson as my first pick.

Or, what spot would you trade to if you could and why?

Any opinions?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Do what you want but don't count on ODB or Julio being there. Depending on your service/players in the league you might only be looking at Peterson there since DJ is top five on Y!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
You're overthinking it. Just take AB84 and be happy to have him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Here's a league management question that is kind of puzzling me.

We did an offline draft and went to enter the teams, and once we jad completed all of that I went and looked at the waiver priority and it said that I had the first slot, which shouldn't be because I picked first. Does it correct that before the season starts, or do I need to do something like enter the reverse of the draft order on the menu where it tells you to enter the draft order?

Never done an offline draft like this before so I'm kinda stumped here. Everything I've googled has said the standard, basic option is just reverse of draft order but it doesn't seem to be doing that.

ESPN league for what its worth.

• Locked thread