Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Fantastic shots from turtle there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hopefully we have a real series on our hands now

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you really dont wanna be the nidalee team down 2k early tho

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
this is still C9's game to lose tbh. IMT needed to get the first turret off that pick to really start rolling

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
top die

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

you really dont wanna be the nidalee team down 2k early tho

yeah it's not a good look, you can't fall this far behind with a comp like that at this level of play. We're prolly just gonna see impact jumping in on them and dunkin everyone.

Also lol at "maybe this gnar needs to be banned away from impact'

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
huck funi

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
lmao huni missed that jump and got dunked on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
lol chat is spamming "huninstall"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Gnar is probably the top lane power pick on 6.15 and its utterly ridiculous that people keep letting Impact have it. he's still gonna be good on whatever else but it wont be a pick where he can split push and absolutely crush the opposing laner.

If you can't play Kennen into it you gotta ban it. Which means in NA you've gotta ban it 100% of the time. C9 keeps getting like full on KT power comps and taking really strong stuff on the second and third rotation and its bizarre.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
The undisputed best way to deal with being behind is going ARAM for 2 minutes, sharing 19 creeps among the 5 of you

huni and pobelter were equal in farm to their lane opponents 5 minutes ago, now they're both down 35

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 5, 2016

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

I just started watching game 2 but uh why would you put Ekko on a team with nid, jhin, and varus poking over like, trundle? Is parallel convergence really that good at forcing disengage?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Schiavona posted:

I just started watching game 2 but uh why would you put Ekko on a team with nid, jhin, and varus poking over like, trundle? Is parallel convergence really that good at forcing disengage?

I think huni's gameplan is to feed gnar and do nothing in teamfights

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

ArbitraryC posted:

I think huni's gameplan is to feed gnar and do nothing in teamfights

to give huni some credit at least, he is executing this plan perfectly

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

This is such a bad Nidalee comp I can't even handle it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

This is such a bad Nidalee comp I can't even handle it.

C9 could tho

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Another convincing teamfight with C9 coming out on top, how can this be?

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just a reminder that reapered didn't win coach of the split or whatever for some odd reason for whatever he's done to make C9 not look like loving idiots without Hai

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Powercrazy posted:

Shocking, that the team fight comp won team fights

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PLEASE BAN GNAR, PLEASE, I'M DYING HERE, I'M LITERALLY DYING

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

henkman posted:

wrong, idiot. i am mad.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Jatt why are you wearing an ill-fitting waistcoat and jeans why doesn't riot have someone dressing their on-screen talent yet

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Powercrazy posted:

Because IMT's comp does not work if they aren't ahead in gold and can set up at objectives a minute beforehand and poke?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Another excellent showcase of Immortals' superior teamfighting skills. C9 had no chance.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Asema posted:

just a reminder that reapered didn't win coach of the split or whatever for some odd reason for whatever he's done to make C9 not look like loving idiots without Hai

who even did win coach of the split? i assume it went to weldon since tsm crushed the entire split since that seems like how they decide the awards.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

wrong, idiot. i am mad.

its ok squid. we love you for who you are.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

henkman posted:

this

also, while I like the idea of reapered being praised for C9's drafts, they played two cookie cutter teamfight comps with strong laners while IMT very possibly drafted the top 2 worst comps you can have while picking meta champs

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
imt have been having a bad time so far this series but i think miss fortune top is gonna be the pick that turns this one around

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Reappeared seems to be outdrafting Alan Smithee

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one thing i will say is that RO not warding his blue OR starting his blue AND smiting early was 100% his own fault and such an easy and weird mistake. i mean very good junglers are getting three buffed on nidalee on the current patch against poo poo like elise and gragas. he should really know better.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

Lovechop posted:

imt have been having a bad time so far this series but i think miss fortune top is gonna be the pick that turns this one around

It's cruel to tease me like that

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Watch IMT ban gnar now and get shitstomped by Impact on literally any other champion because IMT have no idea how to draft anything cohesive

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I'm still sticking with my prediction of 3-1 C9. IMT is going to pull their head out of their rear end this next game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

IMT has never pulled their head out of their rear end since their inception

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

rabidsquid posted:

IMT has never pulled their head out of their rear end since their inception

Ok, well then c9 is going to totally gently caress up their draft with Karma Mid.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Gotta give the Notorious P.O.B. credit for sticking to the theme and giving up that first blood in a drive-by to a man in a suit though

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
IMT has been a functional, but broken team, since inception. They don't communicate, they don't draft and they've had success where they'd outplayed teams out of the top four. Gotta imagine the VCs are going to tear up this team unless they reverse sweep.

edit:

Parallel Playa posted:

Gotta give the Notorious P.O.B. credit for sticking to the theme and giving up that first blood in a drive-by to a man in a suit though

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rabidsquid posted:

who even did win coach of the split? i assume it went to weldon since tsm crushed the entire split since that seems like how they decide the awards.

it went to whoever is the main tsm coach that's not weldon.

i'm sure he coached bjerg and doublelift real well

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

IMT has been a functional, but broken team, since inception. They don't communicate, they don't draft and they've had success where they'd outplayed teams out of the top four. Gotta imagine the VCs are going to tear up this team unless they reverse sweep.

edit:
It still weirds me the poo poo out when people abbreviate venture capitalists as VC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

its cool that parth won coach of the split when he was also coaching them last split during their disaster run that they only turned around when weldon started helping them out

• Locked thread