Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

I guessed the wrong U/B walker but I like the way this is going. Certainly a lot better than battle for zendikar block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Bolas winning, turning Kaladesh into chaos, and using the Gatewatch as his stooges would be a nice turnaround from the previous Gatewatch snoozefests.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Can we set up Bolas to form a Legion of Doom stand-in to oppose the Not-Superfriends.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Cernunnos posted:

Can we set up Bolas to form a Legion of Doom stand-in to oppose the Not-Superfriends.

Only if it leads to nonsensical plots by the villains that are stopped easily, leading into the next block's nonsensical villain plot. Character and plot progression just halts in favor of a monster-of-the-week/block format.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

I'm curious how the walkers of this block we haven't seen will shake out. We have a known artifact Walker, a guy who doesn't have a card yet that deals in artifacts, and an antagonist without a card yet that deals in artifacts.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Agents of Bolas are messing with stuff, shits going down with the protagonist's mother, so her party of buddies heads off to Egypt to fight the big bad and OH NO he has the Egyptian Gods protecting him

These next two blocks are Gatedust Crusaders

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

With all these servos and thopters kicking about I'm guessing dec in stone is going to be played a lot

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Archenteron posted:

Agents of Bolas are messing with stuff, shits going down with the protagonist's mother, so her party of buddies heads off to Egypt to fight the big bad and OH NO he has the Egyptian Gods protecting him

These next two blocks are Gatedust Crusaders

Except it'll be bad because Wizards can't afford won't hire decent writers.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
If they're doing gods again I want them to be the splashiest motherfuckers on the planet.

None of this 3-5 mana enchantment pussyfooting, also stick tiny speakers on each one playing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTHYdavCy5w thanks Wizards

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Cernunnos posted:

Cliche as it is I'd be down, if only to get some of the walkers they've forgotten about a chance to appear on the semi-reg.

Cernunnos posted:

Except it'll be bad because Wizards can't afford won't hire decent writers.

Just like actual JoJo's then

(just kidding I really want to read JJBA but can't be arsed to get any of the books)

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Cernunnos posted:

I really want this. Have Bolas, Nahiri, Ob Nixilis, Garruk, Elesh Norn, Emrakul, and Heliod just sitting around a table scheming about destroying the Gatewatch.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
It'll probably be all enemy walkers wouldn't it? Ob Nixilis vanished from Zendikar, Nahiri left Innistrad, now we're probably encountering Tezzeret.. smells like a super villain team setup.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Probably more coming on their stream/twitter from some Inventors Spellslinger thing.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

It'll probably be all enemy walkers wouldn't it? Ob Nixilis vanished from Zendikar, Nahiri left Innistrad, now we're probably encountering Tezzeret.. smells like a super villain team setup.

nahiri is a good guy tho

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this is a neat way of making fabricate do different things in different decks

hope there's a mirror to this card which does something depending on the number of creatures you have

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Too soon to get back to Theros for a vengeful Returned Elspeth?

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Tabak is my spirit animal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twwvNDExzR0

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Some strong uncommons

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

C-Euro posted:

(just kidding I really want to read JJBA but can't be arsed to get any of the books)

The anime is actually pretty close to the manga overall, you can give that a spin to get a vibe. I know you probably know, but no reason to deprive yourself from JoJo's goodness if it's just that.

Matt Tabak is the greatest. And it's still good advice.
Wrestling block with him as lead design when, Wizards?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

This PAX stream is weird

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

finally

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Fuckin finally

Edit: God damnit it still doesn't say player

To be fair, it's very likely always better than straight up "3 dmg to creature"

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 6, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What are you on about, we've always had an instant speed deal 3 to a creature.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah eg Draconic Roar.

stinkles1112 posted:

Fuckin finally

It is strictly better than that since you can either use stored energy to do more damage or save up energy if you don't need all/any of the damage. I like the gain/spend energy cards, they have flexibility. I could almost imagine it as a core game mechanic.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

Everytime they mention the world championship, drink a shot of vodka.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2 mana for a 4/3 trample seems kinda good just in general as well.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Combos with Wispweaver Angel

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I want there to be something like one black mythic in Aether Revolt that shows Tezz accidentally tracking in some Glistening Oil on his shoe, or keeping a bottle of it in his office and it breaks

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

stinkles1112 posted:

Fuckin finally

It's a lot better than straight-up 3 damage because you either can leave energy up, or you can use more if the creature is a big butt.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

4 arms huh, thought they weren't gonna depict religious things

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Combos with Wispweaver Angel

Wispweaver Angel + Drowner of Hope + Panharmonicon and then dropping another Wispweaver Angel is another infinite mana combo.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Impact Tremors + 2 Wispweaver Angels is infinite damage.

Shame it's not in standard together.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

logger posted:

Wispweaver Angel + Drowner of Hope + Panharmonicon and then dropping another Wispweaver Angel is another infinite mana combo.

Why go that crazy? Just clone it with any third ETB ability out.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

TheKingofSprings posted:

Why go that crazy? Just clone it with any third ETB ability out.

Thinking of possibilities of cards is part of the fun, it doesn't matter that it isn't the most efficient tactic.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
4 Wispweaver Angels, 4 Panharmonicons, and one Gibbering Fiend is an instant kill! OMG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Serperoth posted:

Matt Tabak is the greatest. And it's still good advice.
Wrestling block with him as lead design when, Wizards?

Tabak just told LSV to roll over and get pinned and LSV no-sold him into the ground. I could watch more of that.

• Locked thread