Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Tae posted:

Clarification on what tabata meant by the first half being open world and the 2nd half being linear:

They're gonna reverse FF13 us and at the end of the game we have to trudge through 20 hours of hallways in Cocoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

They could pull a Xenogears...

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
But we don't have an oversized mascot to crucify.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gibbering posted:

But we don't have an oversized mascot to crucify.

Prompto will do in a pinch.

It'd probably be just an average Tuesday for him anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The concert starts in about 45 minutes.

:munch:

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

I'm really enjoying this concert -- and, as a matter of fact, my slow ramping up of excitement for the game itself. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm surprised how much of the music I've already heard.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

atholbrose posted:

I'm really enjoying this concert -- and, as a matter of fact, my slow ramping up of excitement for the game itself. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm surprised how much of the music I've already heard.

Same, I was looking forward to the game but not particularly hyped with it being 2.5+ months out, but this stream has been really good and sparked renewed anticipation.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Noctis's theme was my favorite, it was really good.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Really enjoyed it as well. There were elements that reminded me of songs in the previous games. For some reason the waltz brought back memories of Gold Saucer, though I know it wasn't the same melody. One of the first couple songs reminded me of the waltz/dance from FF8. Just hints though probably no real musical connection for me to have thought of those.

My excitement for the game is on the rise just the last few weeks: between seeing the movie, watching the YT anime videos, going back to finish the first demo, and now this. I can't remember the last FF I have been this excited for (probably FF9), especially considering I am not fond of the new battle system in the demo(s).

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Not had the chance to play Episode Duscae, is it a totally standalone unique thing like I'm assuming Platinum is, or is it just a straight demo? Glad they put out two demos though, even if Duscae's a pain to get due to it being linked to Type 0 which I've not been interested in. Definitely shows a bit of confidence in the game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Duscae is very old and was mostly used as both a proof of concept and as a source for gamers to give feedback. Platinum Demo is standalone but it does give you bonuses for the main game as well as give some slight insight into Noctis's and his dad's relationship. None of the demos really show the game's current state or gameplay flow.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They've added a lot even since the Platinum Demo.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Oh hey, I'm listening to the concert right now and I feel like I've heard Starlit Waltz before. Was that in Platinum? Because it's a wonderful piece of music.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
They put out a major update for Duscae, turning it into Duscae 2.0. It's still pretty different from the final product, but I enjoyed it all the same, framerate hiccups and all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They put out a major update for a exclusive demo?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

RatHat posted:

They put out a major update for a exclusive demo?

Yep.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So, pretty obvious, but XV showed up for the Playstation Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMiSaKqi7Bc&t=52s

Only for a few seconds, but it still looked really nice.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Onmi posted:

So, pretty obvious, but XV showed up for the Playstation Pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMiSaKqi7Bc&t=52s

Only for a few seconds, but it still looked really nice.

So this answers the frame rate and performance questions. The Pro is going to be required to play FFXV.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I said come in! posted:

So this answers the frame rate and performance questions. The Pro is going to be required to play FFXV.

I doubt that. They're still got a month or so of performance optimisations to do presumably? Also, they're really not going to want that to be the case as reviews will almost certainly review it on the original. Think of the clickbait if you're the one to call out FFXV for running badly on the cheap hardware.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

No but you see FFXV is going to be bad because

E: that was meant to be a quote but nobody posted in between so I guess it works

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

I said come in! posted:

No

Sony isn't allowing developers to only develop for the higher end system.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

No

Sony isn't allowing developers to only develop for the higher end system.

That's not what I am saying. The regular PS4 version is going to suck balls. This official reveal of the Pro all but confirms that FFXV was delayed in order to work with the Pro hardware and performance and load times on the regular PS4 is going to be terrible.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I said come in! posted:

That's not what I am saying. The regular PS4 version is going to suck balls. This official reveal of the Pro all but confirms that FFXV was delayed in order to work with the Pro hardware and performance and load times on the regular PS4 is going to be terrible.

Conveniently my local gaming store will buy my current hardware for the price of a Pro. I'm set for hot 30fps XV action.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I like that when games come with giant Day 1 patches, people decry the state of gaming. but when a game gets delayed so that the big Day 1 patch can just be put on the disc version instead it's gotta be that they're actually not making it any better and are just working on the Pro version.

gamers.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

I like that when games come with giant Day 1 patches, people decry the state of gaming. but when a game gets delayed so that the big Day 1 patch can just be put on the disc version instead it's gotta be that they're actually not making it any better and are just working on the Pro version.

gamers.

i said come in! is the only one saying that and he's an idiot, please do not consider him representative of any one group (besides idiots).

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Tabata has repeated time and again frame rate won't be an issue come release and hey I'll trust the guy

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Terper posted:

Murray has repeated time and again multiplayer will be in the game come release and hey I'll trust the guy

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I believe there is a difference between gameplay mechanics/systems and frame rate.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Terper posted:

Tabata has repeated time and again frame rate won't be an issue come release and hey I'll trust the guy

It won't be an issue because the PS4 Pro will be out.

I'm not being serious

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Terper posted:

I believe there is a difference between gameplay mechanics/systems and frame rate.

There sure is! Too bad that doesn't matter in any way shape or form to the point

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm glad that everyone is the same person and they're all liars.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tabata has also been as transparent as possible about the game outside of taping daily work hours.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Tae posted:

Tabata has also been as transparent as possible about the game outside of taping daily work hours.

He's not trying hard enough then now is he

Phantasium posted:

I'm glad that everyone is the same person and they're all liars.

The game development frontman trying to sell you his game is not your friend

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We have seen the game run at 30 fps before, during the Titan demo. There is reason to doubt the game will run at it at a constant but there is also plenty reason to believe it will run fine.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

Neither are you, frankly.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Terper posted:

We have seen the game run at 30 fps before, during the Titan demo. There is reason to doubt the game will run at it at a constant but there is also plenty reason to believe it will run fine.

I'm sure it will be fine

Phantasium posted:

Neither are you, frankly.

You don't even know me

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Is this the part where I claim to be a puppet master

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

You don't even know me

Then how do you presume to know that I'm even defending him and not making GBS threads on your incredibly stupid hot take?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Take the stick out of your butthole and maybe I'll tell you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

I feel there is a step between trusting someone's words - even if they are trying to sell you a product - and considering someone their bff.

• Locked thread