Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
nintendo nx

it's FOUR cereals in one, wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope nx is cool and simple but ill get it anyway when its a clunky clusterfuck

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jose posted:

what the hell is a nintendo nx? someone tell me they announced it ages ago

Nintendo's upcoming video game system is codenamed the NX. The only things we know for certain about it are that it's coming soon, and that Breath of the Wild will be playable on it. Other than that, Nintendo has not said a whole lot about it. There's a whole boatload of rumors and speculation though, if that's the sort of thing you enjoy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

jivjov posted:

Nintendo's upcoming video game system is codenamed the NX. The only things we know for certain about it are that it's coming soon, and that Breath of the Wild will be playable on it. Other than that, Nintendo has not said a whole lot about it. There's a whole boatload of rumors and speculation though, if that's the sort of thing you enjoy.

This actually isn't true, we know a lot about the NX already. For example, it has two USB ports and a 6.1" scratch-proof sapphire screen.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Only ones that got breath of the wild is you *pinches nose* bitch you stank!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

This actually isn't true, we know a lot about the NX already. For example, it has two USB ports and a 6.1" scratch-proof sapphire screen.

6.2 iirc

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

It also uses electricity.

ALLEGEDLY

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Trent posted:

It also uses electricity.

ALLEGEDLY

I heard it was pneumatic, don't tell me I had that setup for nothing.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It actually runs off your own bioelectrical energy, and turns itself off when you put it down.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Yeah see? We know tons of facts about Nintendo's NX already.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Reiley posted:

Yeah see? We know tons of facts about Nintendo's NX already.

It is smaller than the Earth's moon.

It is not entirely edible.

It is not, principally, a liquid.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I heard that Nintendo and Sony are making a disc-based console

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

sout posted:

I heard that Nintendo and Sony are making a disc-based console

As long as I can play the next Final Fantasy game on my Nintendo console which I will buy day 1, sounds good!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am NX. I know the secret language of gamers and have dew blood. I am a human/game shark hybrid who was taught by select employees of the former Nintendo tip line. I am error. I am perfect.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

jivjov posted:

The reports from credible (and even semi-credible) news outlets are all extremely consistent, so odds are we know a lot more than that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barry Convex posted:

The reports from credible (and even semi-credible) news outlets are all extremely consistent, so odds are we know a lot more than that.

They're extremely consistent if you allow a wide margin for some very vague details.

By the same token, there are a lot of sources giving shockingly similar descriptions of flying saucers with grey aliens giving anal probes and mutilating cattle.

Doesn't necessarily mean that we "know" much of anything.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Barry Convex posted:

itll be pretty funny if it just ends up being a normal console

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

It actually runs off your own bioelectrical energy, and turns itself off when you put it down.

I think that you'll find that it actually runs off of your own sense of wonder and joy and it will literally fade away if you don't play it for more than a week.

That's one way to shift more systems.

elf help book posted:

The latest rumor is that Mario is my dad.

Luigi is my father; nice to meet you, cousin. We didn't need a DNA test as I am a dead ringer for him - I have the moustache, fondness for wearing green and bad Italian accent.

To this day I find it funny that the voice of Mario & Luigi is French. Well, American of immediate French descent and he speaks French.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Beautiful.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
My friends met Mario's VA at a con. While he was signing autographs he would ask what your name is, and for every single person he would yell out "Woo-HOO! SUPER [insert name], you're numba one!" before moving the line along.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I met him at a con too. He's a really nice guy, if apparently unable to totally turn off being "Mario."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

raditts posted:

I met him at a con too. He's a really nice guy, if apparently unable to totally turn off being "Mario."

That seems to be a common problem among voice actors.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

His Vine is just him recording Mario, Luigi and Wario figures conversing with each other about things he sees in public.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

That seems to be a common problem among voice actors.

I didn't know Mario was so infectious.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Isn't this like a reoccurring plot about the Joker in Batman?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Who will die first you think, Charles Martinet, Shigeru Miyamoto, or at the same time?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Luigi is a failed clone of Mario, you'd know this if you knew about the Extended Universe

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Luigi is a failed clone of Mario, you'd know this if you knew about the Extended Universe

Is Waluigi like Bizarro Luigi then?

What of Daisy?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is Birdo the first official transgender video game character?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Daisy is evil Peach, that's why they only let her be in the sports games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think that manual text was an NOA invention and not something nintendo has made cannon in later apperances of the character but i haven't kept up with birdo's identity status to know for sure

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Trent posted:

Is Birdo the first official transgender video game character?

That would be Poison, from Capcom

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

That would be Poison, from Capcom

googling this introduced me to the term newhaif which i never heard before. thanks capcom.

also birdo debuted in 88 and poison in 89 but maybe the japanese release dates are different

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Reiley posted:

No, plum is evil peach. daisy is luigi peach

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Super Mario Bros is actually a post apocalypse world, and the toads are nuclear mutants

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the year is 2053. plumbing is dead. My name is Mario Mario, I am one of the last plumbers alive. In 2041, plumbing was made illegal and almost all p-lumbers were massacred in what is now known as "The Great Mushroom Purge". I lived, but I lost my reason for living. Plumbing was gone. I live in the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of the Mushroom Kingdom with my brother Luigi. I've given him all I can, but sometimes I wonder if it's enough...

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

BillmasterCozb posted:

the year is 2053. plumbing is dead. My name is Mario Mario, I am one of the last plumbers alive. In 2041, plumbing was made illegal and almost all p-lumbers were massacred in what is now known as "The Great Mushroom Purge". I lived, but I lost my reason for living. Plumbing was gone. I live in the post-cyberpocalyptic ruins of the Mushroom Kingdom with my brother Luigi. I've given him all I can, but sometimes I wonder if it's enough...

Not erotic enough. I'm only at about a quarter chub here

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Reiley posted:

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I still think his name should have been 7uigi

Pronounced "seven uigi"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kevyn posted:

I still think his name should have been 7uigi

Pronounced "seven uigi"

はじめまして. わたし は シチウイジさん です. どぞ よろしく.

• Locked thread