Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Freeze kind of sucks unfortunately, but Spike's passive is nice because it makes you immune to all ailments and debuffs all in one, plus the bonus to crit rate. Did they ever fix freeze in the later versions or does it still do what it does now?

Sieg is real good for CR and Raid since he gives you a big fat 6 turns of stun immunity, but he doesn't do much else other than hit hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Freeze kind of sucks unfortunately, but Spike's passive is nice because it makes you immune to all ailments and debuffs all in one, plus the bonus to crit rate. Did they ever fix freeze in the later versions or does it still do what it does now?

Sieg is real good for CR and Raid since he gives you a big fat 6 turns of stun immunity, but he doesn't do much else other than hit hard.

They're still working on the fix in the Korean version, but their intention is basically to drop it on both sides when it's done. Hence why Spike was left out of the revisions for everyone else.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I just started playing a few days ago and Spike is the only 7K I've got. What sucks about freeze? Is it that you can't attack a frozen unit?

edit: yeah I just looked it up, that's what it is. It seems kind of dumb to have freeze basically move a unit two turns into the future, especially when most of the big passives seem to be 2 turns long. I read some thread talking about people using Spike in the arena low levelled with no armor to get his passive and have him killed off before he could gently caress everything up by freezing someone important lol

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Sep 4, 2016

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I have 5* Eileene and 4* Rachel in terms of 7K units (RIP need dark elements). My Velika is 5* and Shane is 4*, though I have the elements needed to 6* Shane. I have a couple other 5* offensives (Xiao, Kwonho). Should I just grab a 6* shane from the guide quest selector, get Velika since I already have the elements to 6* Shane, or get something else?

kirtar fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Sep 4, 2016

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
So the guides have different builds for jave/velika. Some have speed builds, others have crit builds. What is each build good for? I assume speed is for arena and crit is for pve, but I really have no idea

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

crit is for farming

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I like May with crit because it makes her lil' rubber duck vaporize everything. :kiddo:

e: I just got lucky and pulled a 5* Da Qiao from the Tower. I sort of want to set her up for my arena team, because the word 'pierce' makes me very, very happy. How do I tell if I want Lethal, Crit or Speed, or if I want HP, Block or Counter?

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 4, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Arena virtually always wants Speed since the team with the highest total speed gets to use a skill first, also essentially important on characters whose normal attacks cause special effects like status ailments from accessories, or reduced cooldown like Dellons.
Crit or Lethal might be good if you need them for things other than Arena though. IIRC, typically Crit is better unless you already have a huge source of it, then you want Lethal instead, since Crit and Leathal can stack with each other.

Counter is best for any character who does not give a poo poo about taking damage (namely, immortality heroes or ones with thick void shields). HP/Block isn't super clear to me but it sounds like, in general, HP is better for lower leveled (or low HP) units and Block Rate is better for higher leveled units (like upwards of 40 that is). I suppose this is because the effect of +HP starts to get less useful the larger your HP pools already are, and block becomes increasing better since it significantly reduces the damage you take (and negates crits). If anyone knows better it I would like to hear it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

When you say immortal, do you mean really tanky jerks like Rudy? Or dudes with self-rez abilities?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Immortal is a specific self-res passive where you are just unkillable for x turns. See Kris, Giparang, and Teo specifically. Also called Zombie sometimes.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Should I take Eileene from 5->6 or wait and do Rachel 4->6 first?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Da Qiao's buff removal kills immortals :stwoon:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

kirtar posted:

Should I take Eileene from 5->6 or wait and do Rachel 4->6 first?

Both are really good so it's pretty much up to you which to do first. You use them both on a lot of teams, Rachel is pretty crazy good all around but Eileen is better for Arena and Raid.

Soi is pretty much entirely useless right? Doesn't look like she gets an awakening ever and none of her skills are good. Just need to find some more 5* to fuse away for the monthly and I have 4 of her for no reason.

Finally got Light of the Leader unlocked. I have no idea how the Arena rank works between week though, I was well over 1500 and I still dropped back down to 1100 this week? But last week I had less points and stayed in Silver?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I fused 5* Bane with a 5* Phoenix and got my first Fusion 6, Ice Queen Lania. She has cool flying ice daggers.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I just installed this on nox for when I have too much free time, though I can not seem to install on my phone. I get disconnected from the server during the initial download at 14/18 files.

In as SacSquid, I sent out some friend requests already but feel free to friend me if I missed you.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Is there items menu in this game aside from going through heroes?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Is there a better mission to autoplay grind on Asgar Hard? Like, a boss level with no AoE?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Is there a better mission to autoplay grind on Asgar Hard? Like, a boss level with no AoE?

Better than what? I usually do 2-10 or 7-1, but there are other ones that people do for various setups I think.

This puzzle sucks. Leo still refuses to drop. The reddit people have all given up on getting the drops and just say to fuse 3->4 for all of hard puzzle drops

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

one thing to remember if you're doing 7-1 is to make sure that your secondary farmer uses their attack on the first round, as there's a not insignificant chance they get stunned by one of the happys and gently caress up your auto farming. unless that person is immune to stun, i guess.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

7 days of logging in, and Glorious Netmarbu shows me love! :dance:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

WAR FOOT posted:

7 days of logging in, and Glorious Netmarbu shows me love! :dance:

i am glad you got the unit you wanted, that's pretty rad. she's also actually just a good unit

how is everyone doing on the puzzle board? i knocked out three of the base 4* units on it with a 10+1, finally an excuse to waste my crystals on summons again!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I have been buying packs with my rubies like the fool I am, because Rin looks really cool. :hehe:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You have a much, much better chance of getting someone you want by just fusing 3* than you do by rolling from the Shop. Your odds from the Shop are really, really terrible.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i am glad you got the unit you wanted, that's pretty rad. she's also actually just a good unit

how is everyone doing on the puzzle board? i knocked out three of the base 4* units on it with a 10+1, finally an excuse to waste my crystals on summons again!

Huh, that's interesting because when it first started I did a 10+1 pull and didn't get any progress on it? Then again, I was the other day my free pull that got me a Catty did apply so maybe it was just broken on the first day. Either way I'm through the first three territories completely and with various random things done on the next bunch. Aside from territory 4, that one I just need the elf girls and Bane.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'm still hunting for leo on 3-10, and it's awful

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

LornMarkus posted:

Huh, that's interesting because when it first started I did a 10+1 pull and didn't get any progress on it? Then again, I was the other day my free pull that got me a Catty did apply so maybe it was just broken on the first day. Either way I'm through the first three territories completely and with various random things done on the next bunch. Aside from territory 4, that one I just need the elf girls and Bane.

Yeah I got really lucky to get Cleo and Bane on that pull.

gwrtheyrn posted:

I'm still hunting for leo on 3-10, and it's awful

i have farmed a relative lot for the month and a half that i've played and i have gotten exactly one 4* unit drop ever. honestly i feel like you're more likely to fuse or draw Leo than you will to farm him and you should probably just farm in your usual places and try to fuse/draw for the base 4* units on the puzzle board

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Joined as Torokasi in-game, feel free to add me I suppose.

Also if anyone has a guild a low-level dude can join I'd appreciate it, don't feel like the trial and error work of fishing through pub guilds.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Pro tip: don't join a beginner guild. They're all inactive as gently caress, so you're better of in some guild advertised in the reddit guild. My beginner guild had a whole 2 people active, the random one I joined had 13

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I kind of feel like I hit a wall in this game and am not getting anything done, so maybe I am missing something. In order to finish my last tutorial quest and get those sweet rewards I need to unlock a slot on a hero, but I need a 6* hero for unlocking, and I don't see a 6* hero anywhere on the horizon. I only have the one 5 star hero from having a friend gift it, and I cant seem to get a 4 star element to promote another hero to 5 stars. Am I already meant to be mashing 4*+5 heroes together? I don't feel like I have anywhere near the resources to do that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The newbie quest gave me a 5* Elemental to use on May, to make her purrfect. Maybe it's in your roster but you haven't noticed?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The game gave you a free unlocker for that quest.

For getting elements, do the daily every day and do Castle Rush every day. You can buy a 3* Elemental selector for 24 CR points and Rank Up same elementals, to get the 4* ones you need. Getting 5* elementals is obvious a huge pain so doing Fusion is always a good choice when you have junk sitting around. You can do pretty well with teams of just one 6* and everyone else 5*s though, so use your Selectors wisely, and work on putting together teams that can handle the Hard mode dailies so this stuff becomes at least slightly less of a pain in the rear end (it's totally fine to continue once on the Hard modes if you need to, it only costs 30 Rubies which is trival to farm) . Also, make sure you are in a good guild so you are getting the harder CR, which guarantees you 3 CR points every day regardless of how bad you are at it.

Finally made it to Gold rank in Arena. 5* Black Rose is carrying my rear end all the way up.

BTW For those asking for a half way decent guild to join, the public one I'm in has a slot open, the name is Ronso. They're good about always getting S ranks on CR and kicking inactives.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 8, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I saw the free unlocker, but I still need a 6* to use it on right? I think I picked a 5 star fire element from my quest selector when my only 5 star is a support unit, I wasn't thinking about promoting her to 6 stars since she really loving sucks.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fenris13 posted:

I saw the free unlocker, but I still need a 6* to use it on right? I think I picked a 5 star fire element from my quest selector when my only 5 star is a support unit, I wasn't thinking about promoting her to 6 stars since she really loving sucks.

Oh that's not too big of a problem then. Just wait until you get your next 4* selector and get your Shane, make a 4* Fire Element from the daily + CR shop, then take her all the way to 6* and unlock her. I'm not sure what all other sources there are for 4* selectors where you are now, but check all the quest lists, Check-In, Celestial Tower, and keep your eyes out for any new events.

E: Wow the first Selector in CT is floor 92, yikes.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 8, 2016

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Ok, I already grabbed Shane with my first 4 star selector, and I already have one 3 star fire element. To rank it up does it need to be max level and max powered up? do both 3 star fire elements need to be?

Also, what do the rice bean cakes do?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

To Rank Up, only the target unit needs to be Level 30 +5. The elemental used to do the ranking up can be whatever. So yeah, get a second 3* Fire Elemental (which is tomorrow's daily), then just get one of them to 30 +5 and rank it up to a 4*.

Rice Bean Cakes are just XP fodder, they give a very high change of getting a Super Power Up though so it's good to use them along with a bunch of other stuff on high * units. I use them to help power up my 5-6* units to help save on gold and fodder.
But if you get any 6* Bean Cakes from the daily bean dungeon, save those and use them to Unlock instead.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Cakes can also be used as fusion material if you 30+5 them. It's not the worst thing you could use them for especially if you're going for the monthly and don't have spare 5*s sitting around. They're really easy to get from the rice cake hard dungeon as long as you have a hero with pierce for the last stage

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The last stage guy has like 10hp, but reduces all incoming damage to 1. Any character with a multi attack works fine (Shane's attack, May's cattling gun, lots more)

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

WAR FOOT posted:

The last stage guy has like 10hp, but reduces all incoming damage to 1. Any character with a multi attack works fine (Shane's attack, May's cattling gun, lots more)

Yup, or anything that lists that specific word "Piercing." Defense Ignoring isn't sufficient in this case, or basically any case to be honest as most hard to get through defenses in this game are of the "unit is immune to non-piercing damage," or "unit is immune to x number of individual hits," variety.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I don't think 'Ignores Defense' even ignores Block Rate does it? It doesn't seem like a real useful modifier generally speaking.

So is Da Qiao's void shield actually Hit-Based and not Attack-Based like the description indicates? Because that's what it seems to be. First thing that hit me in a match once was a Split Image Strike and it killed DQ outright. That would explain a lot, and the game's translation being terrible is not exactly a new thing.

Guild War season is over and I totally forgot to play it at all to get the costume :smith:
We got top 10% at least so there's that I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out
What's this Dragons heroes dungeon that has popped up in the daily dungeons? It seems to absolutely wreck me (been playing for maybe 2 weeks), but is very light on documentation. Do I just ignore it?

• Locked thread