Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Kild posted:

couldn't the players have removed themselves? not sure why bamboe is crying lol

yeah they could have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
also keep in mind that we're probably going to see a bunch of players "rehired" by their old orgs when the new contracts are finalized.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Voted Worst Mom posted:

I actually lock myself in a sound proof room and drink liquid cheetos mixed with various taco bell gamer fuel (randomized order is the most optimal) to avoid having any noise but the game sound as I reach the hyper zone of dota genius and triumphantly win the game despite hollow attempts by my low mmr teammates to lose the game.

try a little less

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
um, guys?

2016-09-03 19:00:12 PDT PPD () Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Released from team
2016-09-03 19:00:05 PDT Universe () Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Released from team

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

dicks assassin posted:

um, guys?

2016-09-03 19:00:12 PDT PPD () Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Released from team
2016-09-03 19:00:05 PDT Universe () Evil Geniuses (ID: 70884685) Released from team

Zurreco posted:

ppd and Universe out of EG roster, so at least that's the whole team doing it now.

Either the brand is changing since GGA died or they dropped in order to ensure new contract negotiations are in good faith.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
EE streaming w/ Daisuke Kashiwa playing in the background almost makes it worth watching

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Centzon Totochtin posted:

EE streaming w/ Daisuke Kashiwa playing in the background almost makes it worth watching

this but the exact opposite

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Who gave EE ok taste? I'm certain he never listens to that on his own.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Singsing saying Kaipi is going to have to go through open qualifiers now because of living legend Pittner "Bone7" Armand messing up.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Knowlue posted:

Singsing saying Kaipi is going to have to go through open qualifiers now because of living legend Pittner "Bone7" Armand messing up.

to be fair, they were probably going to have to play qualifiers regardless.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Moo to coL. He deserves better.

https://twitter.com/swindlezz/status/772911948753014784

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wezlar posted:

to be fair, they were probably going to have to play qualifiers regardless.

Not too sure about that, they just won the WCA qualifier..

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

lmao from second at TI to gutter trash. Post TI shuffle is crazy times

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

probably substantially easier to win a tournament qualifier at a time when there are so many teams switching rosters and not entering

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

TheRat posted:

Not too sure about that, they just won the WCA qualifier..

Against?

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

cruel fate

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

handsome only face posted:

probably substantially easier to win a tournament qualifier at a time when there are so many teams switching rosters and not entering

I'll have you know they beat noted TI competitors Escape Gaming on their way to win the qualifier.

Also Alliance was in the same qualifier and got eliminated in the first round.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mama Moo deserves better

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

Escape Gaming. They didn't have qojqva since he was on vacation at the time and I think Limmp was standing in

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Ojetor posted:

I'll have you know they beat noted TI competitors Escape Gaming on their way to win the qualifier.

They didn't play a match, Alliance disbanded.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Knowlue posted:

Escape Gaming. They didn't have qojqva since he was on vacation at the time and I think Limmp was standing in

Also pld was playing for Kaipi when he isn't part of their roster

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

if nahaz isn't part of complexity anymore then they will be better than previously

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ojetor posted:

which team are we talking about here, becuase complexity hasn't played anything since TI as far as i know

iNteg posted:

They didn't play a match, Alliance disbanded.

alliance played one bo3 before disbanding, against elementsone

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://clips.twitch.tv/miracle_doto/SuccessfulOwlMikeHogu

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

post-ti roster shuffles make no goddamn sense.

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Moo came so far, only to be casted back into the abyss of nadota :smith:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
Jimmy Dodo to Fnatic.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

botany posted:

which team are we talking about here, becuase complexity hasn't played anything since TI as far as i know

Talking about Kaipi not col here

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Never thought I would see the day demon and mushi would team up.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
sheever just sang pretty much the entirety of raindrops keep falling on my head :kimchi:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

drat I expected Jimmy to ride his success back to a tier 2 NA team but good on him for finding a better situation on Mushi's team

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
When is the roster add lock?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
September 14th.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Kaipi beat Vega too.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Everyone but iceice was added back to the wings gaming. Not sure who in China needs a 4 support right now. LGD?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Nanomashoes posted:

Who gave EE ok taste? I'm certain he never listens to that on his own.

There's another streamer (Alia) with actual taste who gives him all of the good music, like Crumbling and the other FELT music.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

dicks assassin posted:

Everyone but iceice was added back to the wings gaming. Not sure who in China needs a 4 support right now. LGD?

It's difficult to tell what China is going to do until we see who is giving up and who isn't. I mean, it's very unlikely LGD is going away, but a number of orgs had B-Squads doing better than their A-Squad. VGR > VG, IG.V was better or roughly equal to IG, etc. There's almost certainly going to be consolidation.

This is what happens when you give your TI2-3 veterans endless chances even when they start getting old and bad. Miracle would be getting stuck on some rookie team if he was Chinese.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH2Ewh3b8FQ

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Having to go through the opener is not that big a deal after TI, as it showed Valve will simply turn Invited slots into Opener Winner slots as more and more invite worthy teams change their roster and fall into the opener.

So if DC has an invite, but changes it's roster and goes to opener, their slot will simply become an Open Winner slot. It's not like Valve invites DrinkingBoys instead. It would be interesting if worse teams advanced because better teams couldn't hold their poo poo together, though.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...
Hello fellow goons.

Doing a study on player experiences and preferred roles in DOTA 2 (as part of my PhD), and I could use some help. Basically, I'm asking for people who play DOTA 2 to fill out an online survey about experiences and preferences (which might take 10-15 minutes, depending how fast you are with surveys) and to provide a Steam Name or DOTA 2 Nickname, so I can pull some stats like your MMR and total matches played using dotabuff or the Steam API!

Relevant details are on the first page of the survey, and just as a headsup, the progress bar is a bit wonky due to Surveymonkey's internal logic, so expect to finish most of the actual survey stuff around 70%.

Thanks!

Survey: HERE

• Locked thread