Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
An email signature startup. gently caress.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I hope this man dies a horribly painful and grossly disfiguring death.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

I hope this man dies a horribly painful and grossly disfiguring death.

it's probably more punitive to wish he lives a long and healthy life in indianapolis

wicka fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Aug 28, 2016

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

TheBigAristotle posted:

This really isn't being highlighted enough. Part of me suspects this is a trap, because you can't distil American Arsenal fans into a more pure form.

Jesus Christ.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

TheBigAristotle posted:

good god

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Not a terrible idea to be honest.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

you think the arsenal cliches on here aren't funny any more, then you see stuff like this.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheBigAristotle posted:

:catstare:

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJyzzs4Btun/

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Hi there, former NUFC fan-turned-Hammer here! Sissoko is a turd of the highest order. Coasted in 2nd gear through 90% of games with Newcastle, and decided to try when he got to the Euros. You can’t pin relegation on a single guy but he was absolutely part of the problem. Everton might be pissed, but they dodged a bullet here. Sissoko will show up in Champions League (if he’s even named to the lineup) but can’t be bothered to give a poo poo when playing the lower half of the table. Spurs just pissed 30M down the toilet for a guy who proclaimed earlier in the summer that “Arsenal is the club of my heart!”

Also - earlier in the summer I had been talking with some friends about what a great insult “fuckboy” is. One of my friends didn’t get it, so when the “Arsenal is the club of my heart” headline came out I used that as an example for what fuckboy is and it finally clicked for him.

This guy sucks.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That guy is a total fuckboy

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
He's the man who singlehandedly rekindled my love for the game one warm summer night not long after I got stationed in Germany. I'm a full-blooded yank, but my family came here from Germany (ironically not far from where I lived there) and I have an extremely German surname so I felt a kind of weird kinship with him since he has an even more German-sounding surname than mine. Once I saw his passion for the game I was an instant fan. He's a throwback... a mans-man, a fans-man, a leader, and a role model. When you watch Messi you're taken aback by the beauty of his skill, when you watch Ronaldo you're taken aback by the power and effort in his game, but when you watch Schweinsteiger what stands out isn't necessarily his skill, his shot, his footwork... all of those are far from average, but what really makes him special is the way he carries himself.. the look in his eye. When he scored that goal in the Euros a few months ago it was like watching an old dog chasing his ball across the yard, sure the legs don't move as fast as they used to... but the look in his eye, that razor-sharp focus on his goal... that never changes. I never had a doubt in my mind he was going to bury that chance. Thanks for everything Basti.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Mods rename me a mans-man, a fans-man

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Advanced mans-man-fans-man

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Advanced mans-man-fans-man

Like that American Samoan footballer?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Rename me fa'fa'fan's man

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

You could clone 11 messi's & 4-2-3-1 sill wont be effective against a mid to high block or a man to man agressive press in the high or deep zones.You seem to misunderstand.The problem is spacing & connectivity. To explain that i'd have to explain about column theory & horizontal accessibility+ the no of immediate passing options.

Even if you lack technically gifted players in the midfield , it is still possible to control the game by instructing the CB to pass 2 layers ahead instead of 1 && most importantly maintaing a high block height.

Total football is the logical conclusion of a geometrical analysis of the football field particularly because of its rectangular shape. Specific details like block height, the final phase of attack & tempo are matters of personal preference.E.g Guardiola likes tempo variation ranging from 0-100mph wheras Sarri prefers 30-90mph but they both follow the same geometrical model of columns & extremely small distances between layers.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
That is the writing of an insane person.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
How does that guy explain how messi scores 50 a year

I mean jesus he had one of the longest hattrick streaks in football. 11 Messis would have absolutely no use for a goalkeeper because they're scoring every move anyway.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

I'm imagining 11 Messis trying to defend a corner and doing some lols tbf

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

football analyst people are the loving worst because they think a lack of existing analysis means that they can say whatever they want/make up their own stats. some dude was trying to convince me that crossing was an inherently bad thing to do and that teams should never do it under any circumstance

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

straight up brolic posted:

some dude was trying to convince me that crossing was an inherently bad thing to do

Well, it definitely must not have been Robert Enke you were speaking with.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

football analyst people are the loving worst because they think a lack of existing analysis means that they can say whatever they want/make up their own stats. some dude was trying to convince me that crossing was an inherently bad thing to do and that teams should never do it under any circumstance

What did he suggest to do with the ball on the wings then?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

jyrka posted:

just pass it through the middle every time or something it was stupid as hell

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

The insufferable word salad Norwich forum guy I post itt believes this and posts about it regularly in his ongoing series of "Tactical Masterclasses"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Post more of his poo poo itt, they were great

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

sticksy posted:

Well, it definitely must not have been Robert Enke you were speaking with.

Could have been David Icke

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

He's not even being particularly original there, there's a ten-year "wingers/no wingers" cycle that's been going on at least since 1966. Come to think of it Charles Reep and Charles Hughes were using Advanced Statistical Analysis to prove that you should knock it into the mixer in the 50s.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

did this gentleman have managerial experience in belgium by any chance

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

jyrka posted:

cut inside and shoot, every time

and that boy grew up to be ashley young

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Everyone's focusing on the 11 Messis but I wanna know more about column theory and the geometrical analysis of pitch shape that leads to total football as a logical conclusion.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
No way

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
loving all of this

Hashtag United & the YouTube generation: Football's future?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
oh gently caress off you sad loser he doesn't need top prove anything in terms of his football. keyboard w+++r criticising Scholes he didn't used left foot how ironic, can you type with your left fingers or with your tits victoria?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Brendan Rodgers posted:

You could clone 11 messi's & 4-2-3-1 sill wont be effective against a mid to high block or a man to man agressive press in the high or deep zones.You seem to misunderstand.The problem is spacing & connectivity. To explain that i'd have to explain about column theory & horizontal accessibility+ the no of immediate passing options.

Even if you lack technically gifted players in the midfield , it is still possible to control the game by instructing the CB to pass 2 layers ahead instead of 1 && most importantly maintaing a high block height.

Total football is the logical conclusion of a geometrical analysis of the football field particularly because of its rectangular shape. Specific details like block height, the final phase of attack & tempo are matters of personal preference.E.g Guardiola likes tempo variation ranging from 0-100mph wheras Sarri prefers 30-90mph but they both follow the same geometrical model of columns & extremely small distances between layers.

*furiously takes notes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

chuggo is BACK posted:

oh gently caress off you sad loser he doesn't need top prove anything in terms of his football. keyboard w+++r criticising Scholes he didn't used left foot how ironic, can you type with your left fingers or with your tits victoria?

That's a brilliant post