Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Cozz posted:

More specifically, I believe it's during the 10 days between the Cell Games, after Piccolo leaves the chamber and Vegeta asks if Piccolo if he was taking a nap.

Zamasu is from universe 10 right? Is there any chance that Universe 10 is Future Trunks world? Otherwise I can't imagine how the Zamasu's are linked unless Zamasu also time travels.

No chance whatsoever. The other universes are completely different realities, not just alternate timelines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cozz posted:

More specifically, I believe it's during the 10 days between the Cell Games, after Piccolo leaves the chamber and Vegeta asks if Piccolo if he was taking a nap.

Zamasu is from universe 10 right? Is there any chance that Universe 10 is Future Trunks world? Otherwise I can't imagine how the Zamasu's are linked unless Zamasu also time travels.

How could Zamasu time travel? It's not like he's been shown the box of rings that let him do that and jump to other offshoot timelines or anything.

There's no way his boss is on the level. He's probably Black, after pulling a Dr. Wheelo.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gowasu isn't evil

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

Gowasu isn't evil
He's a GodTuber.

That's dangerously close to evil.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Zamasu is a GodTube commenter, which is arguably worse. Gowasu is just web surfing :colbert:

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm in denial that Dragon Ball can be this cool again. It's almost like a dream.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Is there any way to find physical or digital copies of the Big Green Dub movies? I wanted to stream it with some friends.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They beat Zamasu by killing Black, who is the God of Destruction to Zamasu's Kaioshin. That's why they set up that premise of gods being linked in the first place.

Also since nobody has talked about it in forever, buttlord is still good.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Aurora posted:

Gowasu isn't evil

what if gowasu was showing triggering stuff to zamasu cause he was evil like emperor palpetine and then zamasu wished with the super dragon balls to make gowasu strong and handsome like goku and to give zamasu an immortal body

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

what if gowasu was showing triggering stuff to zamasu cause he was evil like emperor palpetine and then zamasu wished with the super dragon balls to make gowasu strong and handsome like goku and to give zamasu an immortal body

He's either a bog-standard manipulator or the single worst mentor for troubled teens of all time (and space).

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hjalmar posted:

They beat Zamasu by killing Black, who is the God of Destruction to Zamasu's Kaioshin. That's why they set up that premise of gods being linked in the first place.

Also since nobody has talked about it in forever, buttlord is still good.

Does it work both ways? We know killing kaioshin kills GoDs (heckuva acronym), but does killing GoDs kill kaioshin?

Either way, I'm assuming this is the only way they can beat Zamasu without having Beerus stick him in a sword or whatever and make the Z fighters look like trash. Only Goku is allowed to do that.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they will defeat black goku by using gokus greatness weakness against him: his wife.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

HitTheTargets posted:

Does it work both ways? We know killing kaioshin kills GoDs (heckuva acronym), but does killing GoDs kill kaioshin?
Yeah, you would think so, right? Since they're supposed to be a "pair" and everything. My understanding is that it's a new concept introduced in Super, I don't recall it being discussed before Whis spilled the beans.

As far as the last episode goes, everything was incredibly good and cool and I have no complaints. However, why didn't Goku and Vegeta go for a Gogeta fusion right off the bat? I would have a tough time believing that SSJ Rose Black Goku is stronger than SSJ Blue Gogeta. It seems like it would be a land-slide victory for them, even with his evil Ki sword.

I suppose Vegeta was too eager to get revenge, and wanted to duel. Vegeta's gotta job, or this just isn't Dragonball.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jedah posted:

Yeah, you would think so, right? Since they're supposed to be a "pair" and everything. My understanding is that it's a new concept introduced in Super, I don't recall it being discussed before Whis spilled the beans.

As far as the last episode goes, everything was incredibly good and cool and I have no complaints. However, why didn't Goku and Vegeta go for a Gogeta fusion right off the bat? I would have a tough time believing that SSJ Rose Black Goku is stronger than SSJ Blue Gogeta. It seems like it would be a land-slide victory for them, even with his evil Ki sword.

I suppose Vegeta was too eager to get revenge, and wanted to duel. Vegeta's gotta job, or this just isn't Dragonball.

I don't know if there are any canon instances of Goku and Vegeta doing the fusion dance now. Plus obviously Vegeta needs to take a crack at it alone.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vegeta hates the idea of fusing with Goku, and Goku is not cool with it either unless it's absolutely neccesary. Furthermore, they're both prideful people that like fighting alone and fighting enemies as strong or stronger than them.

This was said in the Buu Saga and in Resurrection "F". There's little to ask there, unless poo poo absolutely hits the fan to the point that nothing else would work, Goku and Vegeta will not fuse, hell, they won't even work together.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Blaze Dragon posted:

unless poo poo absolutely hits the fan to the point that nothing else would work

In other words, a situation where somebody like Yajirobe would need to save them from certain death?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jedah posted:

In other words, a situation where somebody like Yajirobe would need to save them from certain death?

well by the time they figured out they weren't strong enough to win Vegeta had a massive hole in his chest so I think the option was out by that point

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i like the whole kaiosin dies god of destruction dies thing because it makes the buu saga extra retarded that they actually let supreme kai fight majin buu 1v1 at various points instead of going "hey whis uh beerus is gonna die unless you come down here for like, 1 minute, and kill this guy"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiohsin probably hated beerus's guts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stairmaster posted:

Kaiohsin probably hated beerus's guts.

Who wouldn't?

Gods of Destruction are a monstrous concept, and Beerus seems especially callous and vile in how he executes his "duty".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tbp posted:

i like the whole kaiosin dies god of destruction dies thing because it makes the buu saga extra retarded that they actually let supreme kai fight majin buu 1v1 at various points instead of going "hey whis uh beerus is gonna die unless you come down here for like, 1 minute, and kill this guy"

He may be powerful but he is still a god so he is dumb as poo poo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
In my headcanon Beerus would have just blown up the whole earth to deal with Buu before he could even get out of his little egg thing and nobody was really in favor of that solution.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I figure that was one of the multitude of things the Supreme Kai at that point in time had never been briefed on, due to the whole "everyone above him who gave a poo poo about this universe was dead" thing. I mean, it doesn't seem to be common knowledge that killing him kills Beerus too, because Beerus lost his poo poo when Whis told Goku, and Beerus already knew Goku had friends in the Kaioshin line.

Plus since God of Destruction is what appears to be an appointed position, and Beerus was literally sleeping on the job, anyone above him in the hierarchy was probably shrugging their shoulders and saying "whatever".

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

CharlestonJew posted:

well by the time they figured out they weren't strong enough to win Vegeta had a massive hole in his chest so I think the option was out by that point

True, which is why they can put aside their differences, heal up in the past with some beans, and practice the fusion dance a few times. Then, they can return to the future with some degree of confidence. Whis even mentioned that Goku and Vegeta would be formidable if they learned to work together. We know this is true, since we've seen the overwhelming power of their previous fusions.

I understand they're both extremely stubborn, but what other options do they have? Pan isn't old enough to solo kill everybody... yet.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Sep 6, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Their earth isn't in danger, they're doing this for shits and giggles.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Would we get Vegito or Gogeta? Or maybe Goku will reach SSG2 or 3 or some dumb poo poo. Either way Dragonball Super is a totally fun series. I especially love how they handle the weaker characters now instead of just constantly having them get jobbed or standing around in awe. Also, my favorite moment in the series is probably the entire episode where Future Trunks comes back. Kid Trunks powering up and scaring the poo poo out of the teacher killed me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mikedawson posted:

Is there any way to find physical or digital copies of the Big Green Dub movies? I wanted to stream it with some friends.

Off the top of my head, I am pretty sure that The World's Strongest, Tree of Might and Lord Slug are available on DVD under the titles The Strongest Guy In the World, Super Battle In the World and Super Saiya Son Goku respectively. They dubbed all the movies but I'm not sure what the availability is - there's probably a list of Big Green dub titles on the Dragon Ball wiki which you can search on Amazon or YouTube.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I had lord slug on dvd and it was just called lord slug

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Their earth isn't in danger, they're doing this for shits and giggles.

Goku Black literally showed up on their world once already and will probably do so again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They'll all be hosed once Piccolo learns kaioken.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They'll all be hosed once Piccolo learns kaioken.

he'll be looking like a motherfucking christmas tree black goku is hosed

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
How great would it be if they don't beat God of Destruction Black Goku, but bribe him with instant ramen instead?

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

HitTheTargets posted:

How great would it be if they don't beat God of Destruction Black Goku, but bribe him with instant ramen instead?

Goku and Vegeta can no longer defeat anyone important. It's just a matter of finding the right food to please them. A crossover episode with Shokugeki no Soma would be sick

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
no soma crossovers. as soon as beerus turns into a gourmet food snob the earth is hosed. they gotta keep him eating cup ramen and street stall takoyaki

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I'm a bit disappointed Vegeta is so much weaker than Goku. I thought they were setting up something interesting when Vegeta had been training with Whis alone for 6 months and was STILL training with those mad heavy things as Goku slept. A sorta he's so focused and determined to beat Goku that he actually manages it. Also the series is kinda showing that Vegeta treats his family way better to he deserves it! Instead we've defaulted to Goku Is Best for no reason I feel.

Still loving the series and excited to see where it goes. Something must be possessing Goku's body as he still has that heart disease, and he seems to be in constant pain. He is way stronger now than when we first saw him, and he powered up after seeing Goku power up. So he must be some kind of Goku fused with something on steroids.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I didn't think he was weaker at all, he just got caught by surprise.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ImpAtom posted:

Goku Black literally showed up on their world once already and will probably do so again.

Goku Black also literally said he won't be able to go back in time like hat again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm a bit disappointed Vegeta is so much weaker than Goku. I thought they were setting up something interesting when Vegeta had been training with Whis alone for 6 months and was STILL training with those mad heavy things as Goku slept. A sorta he's so focused and determined to beat Goku that he actually manages it. Also the series is kinda showing that Vegeta treats his family way better to he deserves it! Instead we've defaulted to Goku Is Best for no reason I feel.

You don't grow stronger from lifting weights, you grow stronger from recovering from lifting weights.

Goku once again proves to be smarter than Vegeta.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It's also because Vegeta has fought every genuinely tough opponent before Goku.

Vegeta fights Hit but has literally no clue of what's going on when he's being murdered. Goku gets told about the timeskip before he fights and is much more able to deal with it as a result, plus he basically tries to suicide kill Hit.

Goku fights Black when Black isn't going anywhere near all out, Vegeta then fights him at full strength with only the estimation he had from Goku and gets knifed as a result when it turns out SS Rose is vastly more powerful than any of them anticipated. Goku holds out a little longer but still gets completely ruined since he knows what to expect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Goku didn't try Kaioken this time, but maybe it wouldn't be worth the risk against Black, who quite possibly also knows it.

Maybe they should just hire Hit to deal with him?

• Locked thread