Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i find it hard to suss out your point, the games are coming out super soon and they've revealed as many pokemon as they usually do beforehand, big whoop dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Zodack posted:

This might sound incredibly stupid to you but Reddit's Pokemon Exchange board is a place you can go to just buy Pokemon. Hoopa and Diance are like $2-3 legitimately, and they'll even provide proof if you need it. That being said the Pokemon collecting scene there, especially with old events, makes me scratch my head as to why people will pay $30 - 40 for some of these guys. I guess everything collectible also carries inherent rarity.

That's pretty retarded.

That might even be worse than the guy who came into these threads months back and told everyone he paid people on Ebay like $50 to send them his cart over and they'd hack/generate legendaries on it for him or something.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
that's really dumb but now i wonder if i have anything rare cause 40 bucks is 40 bucks

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am gonna hold onto all of my old event pokemon and make hundreds of dollars some day

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I have a hacked auslove dealie, whats the rarest thing right now. volcanion until october? what else is rare

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

HoneyBoy posted:

That's pretty retarded.

That might even be worse than the guy who came into these threads months back and told everyone he paid people on Ebay like $50 to send them his cart over and they'd hack/generate legendaries on it for him or something.
Yeah, it's uh... not the kind of way I'd look to get a Pokemon. Like, sure, it's fifteen minutes of work at min wage or whatever, but why the hell would you pay for Pokemon?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
The high prices are mostly from proofed events dating back to 2010-2012, although anything you get at Worlds you can sell for around $65? People were selling the Worlds starters this year for that much, but again, you have to have some kind of proof like a pic of the Wondercard. People are incredibly paranoid of hackers.

I only used the board to buy some events I missed in the past that I was feeling bad about, for cheap.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 6, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Super No Vacancy posted:

I have a hacked auslove dealie, whats the rarest thing right now. volcanion until october? what else is rare

from my time trying to get a fancy pattern vivillion i've noticed there's no genesect/meloetta on gts. people will trade probably hacked volcanions/hoopa/other mythicals for ocean patterns though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats the deal with this pokemon you have to level up upside-down. how long do i have to hold the 3ds upside-down i'm doing a blissey base so leveling everyone up takes forever to count

Catalina
May 20, 2008

I redeemed a code for a guy that was some Singaporean Pikachu that was only given out at a certain cafe and could only be redeemed in NA or JPN? Looking at the guy's post history, he had paid $10 for the code. I mean, I don't mind, when the hell am I ever going on a trip to Singapore, or spend $10 on a Pokemon... but man; that's just scary to me, spending $10 on a Pokemon and giving the code to an internet stranger.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats the deal with this pokemon you have to level up upside-down. how long do i have to hold the 3ds upside-down i'm doing a blissey base so leveling everyone up takes forever to count

You have to be holding it upside down while it level up to 30 (or a level after 30). I always just hold it like that for the entire battle because I'm lazy.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Note that it means upside down as in with the touchpad on top and the 3d screen on bottom, not upside down as in both screens pointed downwards. I ran afoul of that one. Also it needs to be held like that when the pokemon gains the level. Just do it for the whole battle to be sure (or when you use the rare candy).

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Bongo Bill posted:

Because DS games can't go online any more, you should avoid lines that require trade evolutions - Roggenrola, Timburr, Karrablast, Shelmet.

pssssh, I have a DSi and an old broken-hinge DS, and a copy of White 2. but that makes me think, maybe I want to use one of those in my soon-to-happen Bug run of White 2.

So I'm thinking...
Escavalier
Vespiquen
Crustle
Volcarona
Galvantula
Leavanny

Scolipede and Heracross are my good buddies, but I have used them a lot. The plan will

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zurai posted:

Note that it means upside down as in with the touchpad on top and the 3d screen on bottom, not upside down as in both screens pointed downwards. I ran afoul of that one. Also it needs to be held like that when the pokemon gains the level. Just do it for the whole battle to be sure (or when you use the rare candy).
...yes, it means upside down as in "the up side must be pointed down". I'm laughing at face down. Is that rude? To laugh at that.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

...yes, it means upside down as in "the up side must be pointed down". I'm laughing at face down. Is that rude? To laugh at that.

Both would be upside down. Most of the time I'm playing my 3DS, both screens are facing straight up. Thus, turning it over so the screens are facing straight down would be upside down. Thus, the up side is pointed down.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Do you play lying on a bed or something? For the DS to be flat against something with the screens facing upwards, I mean.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

McDragon posted:

there was a version recently that was good, done by some dude. the nidorans were both nickelback but I don't remember much else other than it was good

e: pokeraps, not yokai watch, I dunno much about that other than the cat is cool

https://vimeo.com/174597335

DACK FAYDEN posted:

If that's rude then I don't want to be polite.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Do you play lying on a bed or something? For the DS to be flat against something with the screens facing upwards, I mean.

That doesn't even make sense. If I was laying on a bed, I'd have to be holding the 3DS with its screens pointed parallel to the bed to see it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So I bought Pokemon Blue for the Virtual Console in advance of a plane trip. TIME TO GET USED TO CHANGING PC BOXES!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Zurai posted:

That doesn't even make sense. If I was laying on a bed, I'd have to be holding the 3DS with its screens pointed parallel to the bed to see it.

Do you hunch over to play? Or place the DS on a table?

I think the vast majority of people play with the DS mostly vertical with a slight tilt, so "upside down" is pretty obvious.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I usually have it in my lap, yes. "Upside down" is kind of a vague description when the object can reasonably be oriented in multiple fashions. I was just clarifying exactly what the game was expecting. Next time I'll just avoid trying to be helpful.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

you've just activated my trap 3DS

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I got a Gible, I've never used a land-shark.

He is cute and I wish he didn't evolve so fast.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Spatula City posted:

pssssh, I have a DSi and an old broken-hinge DS, and a copy of White 2. but that makes me think, maybe I want to use one of those in my soon-to-happen Bug run of White 2.

So I'm thinking...
Escavalier
Vespiquen
Crustle
Volcarona
Galvantula
Leavanny

Scolipede and Heracross are my good buddies, but I have used them a lot. The plan will

Unless you have another copy of the Gen V games, you can cross Escavalier off the list.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I got a Gible, I've never used a land-shark.

He is cute and I wish he didn't evolve so fast.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So stylish.

She's way more stylish then Diantha.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zurai posted:

Well, now I'm even more confused. You mentioned the 3DS being horizontally oriented. Is your bed not flat?

e: like, every post just raises further questions even though you have said you keep it in your lap, isn't that the same orientation as "parallel to the bed"?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
First time player. I've started on my old Nintendo DS with a REALLY old Japanese copy of Fire Red (because I wanted all or most of the Gen I's), and I have a copy of Soul Silver waiting for when that's done. I was under the impression that I could eventually transfer up to a recent enough version in order to get my stuff into the Pokemon Bank, but I think I've hit a snag...

I'm moving back to the US soon, so it'll be a bit harder to snag cheap copies of the Japanese versions. Plus, I'd like to eventually switch back to English.

Nintendo DS is region-free, so I should be able to use a NA copy of something from Gen V and then transfer to the Pokemon Bank, but:
A) Can I do the transfer thing (the "Poke Transfer Lab on Route 15"?) if my Gen IV game is JP and my Gen V game is NA?
B) Can Gen V games on a DS (not 3DS) still connect to the Pokemon Bank?

If both A and B are "no", that would mean that I'd have to get a Japanese 3DS to get my stuff from Gen IV -> Gen V -> Pokemon Bank -> Gen VI and beyond...

Heres where I'm getting my info: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/12/how-to-trade-pokemon-between-every-generation

Mezzanine fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Sep 6, 2016

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You can get every gen 1 except Koffing and Weezing in X/Y so lol @ u

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Dabir posted:

Well poo poo. Guess I'll just wait till I get to the US and buy a drat 3DS and X / Y :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dabir posted:

Nor Rattata. I remember yanking all sorts of legendaries just after Bank dropped.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Wasn't there a stream happening today

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Missingno. is deffo gonna transfer as an ultrabeast

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Sep 6, 2016

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Whoa poo poo what's this? Ultra Beasts?! The Aether Foundation?!?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

looks like it, new stuff

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/773144450939785216

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Dont wanna take the conversation in circles but my new main dude Type: Null looks kinda like a digimon

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I heart that dragon

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

HOLY poo poo POKEMON SNAP

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah at the Team Skull dude doing JoJo poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Wait. Its name is Type: Null ?????