Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I hope they release a day equivalent for Dusk Balls...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm an ultra beast

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

That jellyfish is totally lillie. Look at the hat brim and then the ruff on ub01.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

wait, poo poo, Type:Null is the name. I am an idiot

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Type Null is like some Metal Gear poo poo

quote:

This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing.

The shapes of its front and hind legs are clearly different. The reason is that Type: Null was constructed to synthesize the strengths of various Pokémon, enabling it to adapt to any situation.

The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility.

To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Continuity!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Type Null is like some Metal Gear poo poo

can you link the pages for the new pokemon? theyre not on the site yet

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

This is probably going to be the best pokemon game they've ever made.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I love my chubby rat buddy

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Ruggington posted:

I am happy to see dexio and sina for reasons that are unclear to me

It's fun to see someone from Kalos with some personality.

Anyway, how long do you think it'll take for the Aether Foundation to be revealed as the real villains?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I must be reading too much into the description but does it seem from the wording that Ultra Beasts are not actually Pokemon? Maybe some sort of...dangerous new lifeform to the Pokemon world?

I ache for Lovecraftian interloper species in my pocket monster games

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hmm

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
How long until the reveal that you were an Ultra Beast all along?

Edit: Type: Null makes me think of the Man in the Iron Mask, which would fit it with the thee musketeers theme.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

BrianWilly posted:

I must be reading too much into the description but does it seem from the wording that Ultra Beasts are not actually Pokemon? Maybe some sort of...dangerous new lifeform to the Pokemon world?

They're in a separate tag on the official website.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
The real Ultra Beasts are the friends we made along the way

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

nah

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that thing is some serious frankenstein abomination type poo poo

this poo poo is gettin' dark

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Kerrrrrrr posted:

One day a movie will be made, similar to Splice, about a group of scientists genetically modifying animals to make them stronger, faster, and submissive to their human controllers. After experiment after experiment continues to fail and some horrible accident occurs killing the staff the screen starts to fade to black as one last audio sound rings out....

PIKA!

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It's Mewtwo for a brand new generation. I love my monstrosity of science!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Amppelix posted:

"It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts."

If not straight-up villains, there's no way the foundation will be completely on the straight and narrow. They're very conspiciously white.

The Japanese trailer even showed they have their own grunts. Aether is super suspicious.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

ALFbrot posted:

Pokemon Snap should be a minigame in Sun and Moon

:whatup:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Oh my gooooood

Type: Null. I want one!!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mabels big day posted:

can you link the pages for the new pokemon? theyre not on the site yet

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/type-null/

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/jangmo-o/

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/alolan-raticate/

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ultra-beasts/

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
I would love it if Type: Null was an attempt to engineer a pokemon with every type but they ended up canceling out to 0.

EDIT: According to the links posted above, not really I guess.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I want you to have to team up with Guzma to take down a legendary beast in a doubles battle. It doesn't even have to be a thing where Team Skull goes on the straight, they just join forces with you to avoid getting stomped

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm guessing Type:Null is going have a form where its helmet is off and it gets way stronger

Either that or that's its Z-Move

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

so are ultra beasts not pokemon? is this the first time we're fighting not Pokemon things?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hope there are 40 Ultra beasts.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

quote:

Because urban areas are their main habitat, their diet is higher in calories than ordinary Raticate. As a result, they have become hefty.

Alolan Raticate prefers to eat only fresh fruits and high-class ingredients. There are rumors that a certain top-notch restaurant takes advantage of Alolan Raticate’s taste buds by bringing it along when choosing ingredients to buy, and having it taste test new dishes.

Gotta say I didn't expect a Ratatouille reference.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Type: Null should be ??? instead of normal. A missed opportunity.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

BrianWilly posted:

I can't believe we finally get to take on the P-Reaper.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

so are ultra beasts not pokemon? is this the first time we're fighting not Pokemon things?

Evidently not. It'll be another change of pace.

LupusAter posted:

Gotta say I didn't expect a Ratatouille reference.

Me neither, but it's a nice way to make Raticate relevant. Maybe the movie did well in Japan?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Type: Null is a hosed up abomination, a cruel, tragic mistake of man, and it's up to us to exterminate their unholy presence.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
This is going to be some absurd xy postgame stuff and I love it. There's nothing better than stuff 12 year olds think is badass.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mabels big day posted:

They're Eaters from Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. Just with more variety.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
I'm really not a fan of the NPC art. It seems like the last few generations the designs have been getting more and more "look, I'm an anime. Add more gravity defying neon!". Gen 1 seemed almost like the realistic pokmon game with how subdued most of the designs were.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
What if type null is related to Missingno

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

Type: Null is a hosed up abomination, a cruel, tragic mistake of man, and it's up to us to exterminate their unholy presence.

By raising it with love and grooming its scales, fur, and exoskeleton then playing with yarn.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pokemon snap is in this game? finally, a pokemon minigame for me

Kerrrrrrr posted:

it's a chimera

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Of course this kind of stuff drops while I'm sleeping, think I've added most of the important info to the OP. Woo for constantly updating.

These games seem to be going off the loving rails and it's fantastic. Only ten weeks to go!