Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's the best battle song for the best MC.

I dunno, she's not a princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Why is every Teddie costume so good and every Naoto costume so utterly poo poo?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like her MIB suit, but everyone looks good in the MIB suit.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Persona 5 got a 39/40 from Famitsu. Weak rear end poo poo.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Baal was right. Persona 5 does suck

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doflamingo posted:

Persona 5 got a 39/40 from Famitsu. Weak rear end poo poo.
drat, that means persona 5 is worse than resident evil 6, naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 3, and the legend of zelda: phantom hourglass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

wait, why do we care about famitsu scores again?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

Famitsu gave Super Smash Bros. Brawl a perfect score, so they're okay in my book

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

If JRPGs have taught me anything, it is to trust in the good of mankind and believe :frogbon:

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Endorph posted:

lol if you don't let the opinion of others dictate everything you think and feel. Just lol.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Nintendogs is a better rpg than persona 5 lol

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Sega are clearly not up on their famitsu dues.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Can't believe P5 is worse than Skyrim.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lol high famitsu scores. Good job paying them off, Atlus

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

drat, that means persona 5 is worse than resident evil 6, naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm 3, and the legend of zelda: phantom hourglass

You forgot FF13-2 too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Persona 5 is worse than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
well persona 5 doesn't have Dio in it

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

HGH posted:

You forgot FF13-2 too.

13-2 is the greatest RPG ever made, so...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Toxxupation posted:

13-2 is the greatest RPG ever made, so...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Correction: 13-2 is the greatest RPG ever made with one of the worst songs ever composed, so...

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is it better to have a bad song than to have a vocal track so forgettable it wasn't even on Theatrhythm?

I'm looking at you, Kiss Me Good-Bye from FFXII.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf there are a lot of vocal tracks that didn't make it into theatrhythm

On the other hand gently caress FFXII's soundtrack

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
who the gently caress voted a 9 for the game of the year?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, crazy chocobo owns

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i love this song

you think you can ride this chocobo

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Famitsu scores are pointless because Famitsu is literally just a PR outlet. The individual reviews are about three sentences long and function as a bullet point summary of the game's features.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I just unlocked the last dungeon in Nocturne and made two saves so I can get the endings I want.

1. How hard can I expect the final bosses to be on Neutral (read: no Reasons, Labyrinth not complete) route? I've got a Scathach with a bunch of good skills who will evolve to Skadi soon, Dante (who seems to be pretty good considering I can't get Pierce on this route anyway), and a few other pretty good demons (Throne about to become Uriel, Odin) and honestly I'm getting kind of sick of negotiations to do more fusions at this point.

2. Is there a good place to gain levels so I can eventually fuse Metatron once I start doing the hidden ending, or should I just grind in the final dungeon?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, crazy chocobo owns

I agree I just enjoy needling toxx

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

I just unlocked the last dungeon in Nocturne and made two saves so I can get the endings I want.

1. How hard can I expect the final bosses to be on Neutral (read: no Reasons, Labyrinth not complete) route? I've got a Scathach with a bunch of good skills who will evolve to Skadi soon, Dante (who seems to be pretty good considering I can't get Pierce on this route anyway), and a few other pretty good demons (Throne about to become Uriel, Odin) and honestly I'm getting kind of sick of negotiations to do more fusions at this point.

2. Is there a good place to gain levels so I can eventually fuse Metatron once I start doing the hidden ending, or should I just grind in the final dungeon?

By neutral do you mean you went with your teacher to make the world the way it was before, or you just went with nobody? Because I think (but could be totally wrong) if you go with nobody you don't even get to fight the final boss. Otherwise, Kagutsuchi isn't too bad as long as you can survive his 1 really strong attack.

As for grinding, as far as I know the best spot to do it is in the one town that's near the top of the final dungeon.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I got cheap copies of Nocturne and Persona 3:FES. Will one of those ruin the other one for me due to aging design decisions?

Also, should I play on Hard mode if my previous SMT experience is the first two on the SNES and SMT4 on the 3DS or is Hard just for confirmed masochists?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

How did so many people ever decide to dislike this song

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

How did so many people ever decide to dislike this song

Because they have no sense of humour and hate fun?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Randler posted:

I got cheap copies of Nocturne and Persona 3:FES. Will one of those ruin the other one for me due to aging design decisions?

Also, should I play on Hard mode if my previous SMT experience is the first two on the SNES and SMT4 on the 3DS or is Hard just for confirmed masochists?

There isn't really anything FES has that Nocturne didn't in terms of quality of life, so you should be good to play whichever one you want first.

The biggest issue with Nocturne hard mode is that the prices of all the items in the shops are like tripled, same goes for the demon compendium I think. So it can be a bit tough starting out since it'll be harder to buy early magatamas. You can get essentially infinite money spamming a section in the 4th Kalpa to negate that whole issue, but that's a good bit into the game.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If anything FES is the worse play because of the early game Tired mechanic that really hinders your early on

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-6D9bkYKw

Please watch this

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

what does famitsu actually put in 90% of their magazine because i only hear about the lovely video game reviews

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're actually a decent source of previews, since they get a lot of exclusive scoops.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Game previews and guides. It's sort of like Nintendo Power was back in the old days (and I guess now) but even more of a PR outlet.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

They're actually a decent source of previews, since they get a lot of exclusive scoops.

yeah, their previews and info and stuff are all legit, the reviews are just bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Now that's a good fuckin vid