Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Edit: Whoops, that was already posted. My bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
I suck at staying focused, so I ended up getting the 2400, a T70, a Defender and Imperial Aces. That way I can fly a list that is 2 t70's and the 2400 for now, and make a list with some combination of Defender, aces, and FO's.

Wanted to stay all Rebel, but those particular tie's are all just so drat cool I couldn't resist the sale. The addition of the Heroes set later this month will let me run a set of three 70's, and or dual Freighters and I think that is plenty to get my feet moving.

The only reason meta even slightly comes into play is I don't really have any friends that will play with me casually with any sort of regularity, so playing in stores against what shows up is my only play avenue at the moment and I don't want to show up and feel like I should have just played against myself.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
So i bought an extra yt2400 by mistake and i'm thinking about giving it to a new player with a copy of push the limit, engine upgrade, and kyle crew.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Or play Dash + vrill which is fun as hell

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

My mongoloid friend and his caveman hands bent a T65 wire-thin gun to poo poo last night. It was hanging by a thread of plastic so I've been trying to glue it all afternoon without much luck. Anyone have a life hack that'll fix it or should I just do what I figure and put it out if it's misery and tear it off?

I'm going to just cut up a paper clip and fashion a make shift splint.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Sep 4, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

AndyElusive posted:

My mongoloid friend and his caveman hands bent a T65 wire-thin gun to poo poo last night. It was hanging by a thread of plastic so I've been trying to glue it all afternoon without much luck. Anyone have a life hack that'll fix it or should I just do what I figure and put it out if it's misery and tear it off?

Maybe request a replacement from FFG

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

AndyElusive posted:

"Green stuff" modelling clay. Or a tiny dab from a hot glue gun and then mold it smooth as a ghetto option

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Matched against a rebel aces list in a pickup game today, had a ton of fun flying the contracted scout/Pablo Hidalgo/talonbane cobra list I posted earlier. Didn't get much use of the plasma torps, but the tlt on the moldy crow really helped to whittle down their shields.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

zVxTeflon posted:

So what youre saying is i need to fly a hwk with obi won off the board immediately to get a 17 point palpatine

Nope upgrades triggered on death don't work if you flee the board.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

thespaceinvader posted:

Nope upgrades triggered on death don't work if you flee the board.

Would you be able to willingly open fire on the HWK with your other Rebel ships, to kill it off before engaging the enemy? :unsmigghh:

Soo looking forward to getting HotR and the Quadjumper (since doesn't that have like, six speed one moves or something? Can't remember - haven't read that article on it for a while) expacs though, as well as the reverse-Scyk.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 5, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Uhhh..... does this work like I think it does?

Maarek Stele (TIE Defender) (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x7 (-2)

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Kylo Ren (3)
Emperor Palpatine (8)
Engine Upgrade (4)

Total: 99

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

How do you think it works?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

ConfusedUs posted:

How do you think it works?

Don't you ever call me Ben Solo deals out the ISYTDS condition on a ship.
Steele shoots the ship, fishing for a crit or getting one through Sheev.
The crit triggers ISYTDS.
Dealing the face up damage card triggers Steele's text.
Steele chooses the worst of three crits to push at the defender rather than the Blinded Pilot you put on ISYTDS.
Blinded pilot stays on ISYTDS and the condition remains in effect.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

Otisburg posted:

Don't you ever call me Ben Solo deals out the ISYTDS condition on a ship.
Steele shoots the ship, fishing for a crit or getting one through Sheev.
The crit triggers ISYTDS.
Dealing the face up damage card triggers Steele's text.
Steele chooses the worst of three crits to push at the defender rather than the Blinded Pilot you put on ISYTDS.
Blinded pilot stays on ISYTDS and the condition remains in effect.

I could see an argument for the "and discard the others" discarding the one on the condition, meaning you have to apply the condition again. It does seem to be a way to get non-pilot crits through.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

VikingPenguin posted:

I could see an argument for the "and discard the others" discarding the one on the condition, meaning you have to apply the condition again. It does seem to be a way to get non-pilot crits through.

If you don't have to discard the card, I actually built it the wrong way. You don't want VI RAC, because then he fires and you get to add injury to insult.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
So I think I figured out Wave IX/X. :v:

Dutch (23)
R5-K6 (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Extra Munitions (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Esege Tuketu (28)
Homing Missiles (5)
Jyn Erso (2)
Guidance Chips (0)

Shara Bey (28)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Deadeye (1)
Weapons Engineer (3)
Alliance Overhaul (0)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100

Esege uses Jyn to stack up focuses, Shara takes a focus for backup, Dutch takes a target lock and gives one to Shara who spreads the love.

In combat, Dutch fires his torpedo first and attempts to use R5-K6 to get his lock back. If he fails, he spends Shara's TL on the target on the attack and tries again. If he gets it once, he reacquires the target lock and can pass out more (and redistribute target locks already in play). R5-K6's text is kind of weird, because since Dutch is the one spending the target locks even if they're technically Shara's, he's still able to use the droid and since he's acquiring a target lock again he basically lets Shara take two more. Esege provides focus. Esege fires next with a Homing missile that doesn't require spending the target lock and uses his focus if necessary. Shara fires last (with Deadeye if Esege still has multiple focuses left) and ends the turn with a minimum of one target lock still engaged.

12 dice fully modded every single time at PS 6 on a collection of ships that boast 26 total hitpoints. I shall call it the Communist Party.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/9/6/the-garbage-will-do/

Han is neat Rey crew is neat, Finn is incredibly disappointing

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

alg posted:

Burnout SLAM is dead on arrival at 1 point IMO.

Finn is hella situational, but you can use him with original Han to add a blank result before you use Han's ability to get you an additional die on your primary. That's about the only use of it I can think of off the top of my head that justifies the five point cost. Situation-ally okay with Lone Wolf or Rey on defense I suppose, but defensive rerolls or mods are pretty hard to get, and I dunno if there's a rebel ship that can take both autothrusters and crew (I don't think so).

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Finn is 5 points? to add a blank result? lololololool

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The new Chewie with a mini-swarm of Z-95's could be cool.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Finster Dexter posted:

Finn is 5 points? to add a blank result? lololololool

In arc too, and only on the ship he's on. Just way too expensive.

2 pts would be appropriate. This is not on the same level as recent Scum/Imp releases.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Finster Dexter posted:

The new Chewie with a mini-swarm of Z-95's could be cool.

Chewie is leading a literal Suicide Squad here

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

alg posted:

In arc too, and only on the ship he's on. Just way too expensive.

2 pts would be appropriate. This is not on the same level as recent Scum/Imp releases.

Its worth more than that but hes a dengar level card on something with fcs/pred/lw. I would actually put him on a cheap lothal with fcs if he wasnt so expensive.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Adding dice is awesome, you guys are crazy. I couldn't care less that he adds green dice, adding a red with minimal requirements is amazing, and rerolling red dice is easy as hell. There's a basic action that lets you do it.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Chewie is leading a literal Suicide Squad here

Their example is kind of weird. I dunno if it's worth purposely killing off 12 pts of your squad to get an additional attack. That would be super situational, obv. I dunno if I've ever been in a spot where I could afford to just waste my own ship like that.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The Gate posted:

Adding dice is awesome, you guys are crazy. I couldn't care less that he adds green dice, adding a red with minimal requirements is amazing, and rerolling red dice is easy as hell. There's a basic action that lets you do it.

Yeah, that's true, I guess. It still seems overpriced, though, especially compared to Scum crew.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So if I'm reading Old Han's ability right, and assuming FFG's example is correct, you could literally place him in the opponent's setup area as long as he's 3 away from the closest ship?

:laffo:

I feel sorry for those who play tournaments because it's going to be nothing but Fat Old Han for a long long time.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Finster Dexter posted:

Yeah, that's true, I guess. It still seems overpriced, though, especially compared to Scum crew.

If he were once per turn, I'd agree with him being a couple points max, but with no limit I think he's got to be expensive or he potentially breaks. Especially since the same set is adding Rey, Rebel access to Glitterstim, and the fact that he can combo with Gunner (and FCS on the Ghost). I dunno, he just looks very good on paper, and nuFalcon should not have a tough time keeping things in arc thanks to PS 8-9 pilots and the large base arcs.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Finn crew feels like it should be 3 points, since he is only useful with reroll abilities like predator or lone wolf (which means your adding their cost in too), or with Target locks.

Rey Crew is cool as hell though. Banking focuses will be a very useful ability.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Finn is also good with Concussion and Homing Missiles. And Advanced Protons. Miranda can now get a seven dice homing or eight dice APT.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Strobe posted:

Finn is also good with Concussion and Homing Missiles. And Advanced Protons. Miranda can now get a seven dice homing or eight dice APT.

Finn is primary only. Your quest to add more dice is over, strobe.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Strobe posted:

Negatory, Finn only works on primary weapon attacks.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So if I'm reading Old Han's ability right, and assuming FFG's example is correct, you could literally place him in the opponent's setup area as long as he's 3 away from the closest ship?

:laffo:

I feel sorry for those who play tournaments because it's going to be nothing but Fat Old Han for a long long time.

Eh. It's not as big a deal as you think. It just forces you to think differently during deployment and constrains your options. If the other guy has Fat Old Han, you need to deploy your ships together - Otherwise Fat Old Han deploys right next to any loners and fucks them up. It'll also be great against Jumpmasters, because they rely on the joust to get their alpha in, and Fat Old Han effectively denies it to them.

By the way, I'm totally fine with Han Solo and the Millenium Falcon being awesome or even meta-defining. :colbert:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

alg posted:

https://youtu.be/i7gIpuIVE3k , indeed

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Primary weapon only suuuuucks too

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Finn is pretty good, guys.

The Falcon is a really maneuverable ship with a great dial. Keeping people in arc won't be that hard, and all you need is some way to re-roll blanks. Predator, Lone Wolf, pilot abilities, or even just good old-fashioned target locks.

He's best on Rey but he fits well on OG Han, too. The new title also helps keep the arcs relevant (just look at Dengar).

This is some good poo poo.

I also loving love Old Han's pilot ability. The mind games are real.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I like how Old Han is the most recently released Han. Not to be confused with the old Han, which is Young Han.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Han's pilot ability is a neat gimmick. Force the enemy to spread themselves out or get flanked, but at the risk of putting Han in harm's way before other friendlies can get there. It'll be neat to see what combos people come up with for the illicit slot. Cloaked rebel transports, glitterstim addicts...

I'm realizing that there needs to be a new McCree emote in Overwatch now

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

GIMP doesn't seem to want to work for me right now so can someone add a stack of Finn cards to the garbage? TIA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Han's pilot ability is a neat gimmick. Force the enemy to spread themselves out or get flanked, but at the risk of putting Han in harm's way before other friendlies can get there. It'll be neat to see what combos people come up with for the illicit slot. Cloaked rebel transports, glitterstim addicts...

I'm realizing that there needs to be a new McCree emote in Overwatch now

Illicit Cloaking Device is small ship only, thank the maker. But Glitterstim is an amazing upgrade. A Falcon with Finn, Lone Wolf (and/or Rey pilot), and 'Stim is going to be really hard to damage in a significant fashion in-arc in that one crucial turn.

• Locked thread