Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
I wish the + didn't get better camera modules. It's so huge, why would anyone buy it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
I just switched from an SE to the 6S+, it's amazing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

I wish the + didn't get better camera modules. It's so huge, why would anyone buy it :(

Cos it's great having a big phone 😎

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

The tiny-hands version of the 7 is supposed to have OIS (previously only available in the + models). It makes a huge difference in photo/video quality.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Michael Scott posted:

I'll probably get a + next time I upgrade. I avoided it initially because I was kidding myself thinking I could one-hand a 4.7" phone. I'd rather have the bigger display for general QoL and easier to read GPS.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I would prefer the 4.7" form factor because I love my 6 but if there rumors of the dual cameras and extra ram are true then my hands is forced. Having the extra battery life is good too, but it's mostly just because right now the 10 beta has poo poo battery life so I'm jaded

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Do the right thing apple, put the power button back on top. I am always bumping that drat thing when watching videos in landscape.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I wish they'd go back to having a flush camera module. I didn't like the 6's camera protrusion and the 7 looks even worse, if the leaks are to be believed. Just make the body of the phone the same thickness as the camera module and use that extra space for a bigger battery or something. This will never happen.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If the rumors are true that 7 also has optical image stabilization I'll be very happy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Weedle posted:

I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I wish they'd go back to having a flush camera module. I didn't like the 6's camera protrusion and the 7 looks even worse, if the leaks are to be believed. Just make the body of the phone the same thickness as the camera module and use that extra space for a bigger battery or something. This will never happen.

Sorry, having the thinnest phone on the planet is the only marketing that matters at this point. Lens bumps don't count apparently.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Weedle posted:

I can only imagine the :smug: Samsung ads.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Oh to the last few people considering going with the plus model: I've had my 6s+ for about nine months now and it's ran out of battery on me a grand total of I would say four times.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I can only imagine the :smug: Samsung ads.

Samsung's bumps are also colossal though

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

xzzy posted:

Sorry, having the thinnest phone on the planet is the only marketing that matters at this point. Lens bumps don't count apparently.

At least you can only make it so thin...right? Before people start giving themselves paper cuts with razor thin phones.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
when my phone gets to 20% and the battery bar turns red i go into an existential panic. hell even going below 50% is cause for alarm for me so yeah extra battery would be cool.

dont care about the camera hump since i use a phone case with credit card slots on the back

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Avocados posted:

At least you can only make it so thin...right? Before people start giving themselves paper cuts with razor thin phones.

I think we're good for a while because at this point they're patting themselves on the back over fractions of a millimeter.

To be fair it's not just in the phone world, the ultrabook types are doing it too.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Turn off the battery percentage, problem solved.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

LmaoTheKid posted:

:ohdear:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah it's disgusting having it on your screen tbh

Dunno why we still can't turn off that loving Location services triangle yet either.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Oh to the last few people considering going with the plus model: I've had my 6s+ for about nine months now and it's ran out of battery on me a grand total of I would say four times.

Which doesn't really help without either comparing to how often you ran out without a plus model or at least a brief summary of how you use the phone.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah this.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Weedle posted:

Samsung's bumps are also colossal though
They're broader, but the S7 and Note 7's aren't really any worse than the 6/6S. The S6's was pretty bad, though. And the Note 7 explodes in regular use, so that's not ideal, either.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Depends on the market, maybe Samsung is targeting the suicide bombers with the Note.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
i refuse to turn off the battery percentage because the icon is too small and the difference between 85% and 75% could determine how i spend the next 15 minutes of my time before i go out for the night.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

i refuse to turn off the battery percentage because the icon is too small and the difference between 85% and 75% could determine how i spend the next 15 minutes of my time before i go out for the night.
:goonsay:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fordan posted:

Which doesn't really help without either comparing to how often you ran out without a plus model or at least a brief summary of how you use the phone.

Use it the same as I used my 5s, fairly decent use. Music steaming nearly all the time. Lots of photos, browsing etc. 5s would always be empty by the time I got home. 6s+ is rarely ever close to empty.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

arbybaconator posted:

The tiny-hands version of the 7 is supposed to have OIS (previously only available in the + models). It makes a huge difference in photo/video quality.
If this is true, it might be the thing that makes me upgrade. I was crazy jealous of OIS being a Plus only feature.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

I hope they announce a new SE

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
Tech websites should report phone thickness at the thickest point to combat this new camera bloat trend.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I need to replace my 5S. I hope this poo poo doesn't suck.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.

Housh posted:

I need to replace my 5S. I hope this poo poo doesn't suck.

Don't worry my friend, the iPhone 7 will be mad ownage

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Wait, there are people out there who don't have battery % turned on? How the hell do you work out how long your phone will last?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Wait, there are people out there who don't have battery % turned on?
People are using technology in a different way then you! :eek:

The Lord Bude posted:

How the hell do you work out how long your phone will last?
I don't worry about it and my phone lasts me through the day.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

People are using technology in a different way then you! :eek:

I don't worry about it and my phone lasts me through the day.
My 6 has 20% battery wear and can't get through the day :(

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

Wait, there are people out there who don't have battery % turned on? How the hell do you work out how long your phone will last?

If it's above 3/4 I'm fine for awhile. If it's below 1/4 I should probably charge it. It doesn't help me to know if it's 25% or 30% since I only need to know those two things.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

The Lord Bude posted:

When it goes red, I charge and if I can't it dies. Percentage is bad and dumb.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I have battery percent on, but only glance at it a couple of times a day. Where does that put me on the Crimes Against Humanity scale?

Super Dude
Jan 23, 2005
Do the Jew
I'm looking to sell an iPhone 6S on SAmart, and someone is asking if it's unlocked. I'm on Verizon, and I was under the impression that all Verizon iPhones were unlocked. Is that true?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Super Dude posted:

I'm looking to sell an iPhone 6S on SAmart, and someone is asking if it's unlocked. I'm on Verizon, and I was under the impression that all Verizon iPhones were unlocked. Is that true?

Yes it is unlocked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Another question would be is if you have it paid off or under any sort of financing plan.