Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smuh
Feb 21, 2011

PS4 has to be the worst for this kind of stuff in Siege, at least kill cams lie more than I've ever seen in any multiplayer fps before. So many occasions of someone aiming nowhere near me and getting an instant headshot, or even enemies not aiming or shooting at all and still killing me. It's kind of amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Does the ps4 download code ever go on sale or reduce in price anywhere? I have a friend with a broken disc drive but it's $60 everywhere I look. Hard, you know of anywhere?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

:eyepop:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Finally, a nerf to the tachanka meta.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

Finally, a nerf to the tachanka meta.
:captqinpop:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
When are we getting the Tachanka revamp that gives him the DP-28 as his only primary weapon choice and a deployable bipod as his operator ability, thus making him the defensive mirror to Glaz and an actual good operator choice?

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Sep 3, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Lemon-Lime posted:

When are we getting the Tachanka revamp that gives him the DP-28 as his only primary weapon choice and a deployable bipod as his secondary, thus making him the defensive mirror to Glaz and an actual good operator choice?

Right after they make the division worth playing.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

Right after they make the division worth playing.
:lol:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

what makes the division so bad

Also buff tachanka and all the other spetz operatives

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
The division was bad because they forgot to actually develop the big thing they hyped up(darkzone/pvp) in a way that made sense.

It ended up being a zone where you ground mobs for drops and where pvp was really heavily disincentivised because of extreme penalties and basically no reward(flagging yourself as an active player-killer meant at high levels you lost hours worth of grinding).

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

In addition to poorly thought through DZ, as mentioned above, game generally lacks content, has virtually no protection from cheaters, and used to be rather poorly balanced. On top of all that, it was plagued by number of technical issues, such ranging from performance/stability problems not seen in open beta of an average game, to such Ubisoft-esque things as daily events working every other day because Massive doesn't know what computers are for, and copy paste poo poo like
code:
DailyMissionGroup 2016-04-31
    {
        DailyMissionData "New DailyMissionData (0)" < uid=059EDDB256EC2B6700042134944A1972 >
        {
            myMission < uid=059EDDB256EC2B6700042135F649D3B1 > = PE_Atlas_DetentionCentre
            myDifficulty Hard
            myReward < uid=059EDDB256EC2B67000421365E82CA9F > = reward_group_daily_hard
            myStart
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 30
            }
            myEnd
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 31
            }
        }
        DailyMissionData "New DailyMissionData (1)" < uid=059EDDB256EC2B670004213794426E75 >
        {
            myMission < uid=059EDDB256EC2B670004213850077406 > = PE_Janus_Armory
            myDifficulty Hard
            myReward < uid=059EDDB256EC2B6700042139E86BF1EC > = reward_group_daily_hard
            myStart
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 30
            }
            myEnd
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 31
            }
        }
        DailyMissionData "New DailyMissionData (2)" < uid=059EDDB256EC2B670004213AA0F5084C >
        {
            myMission < uid=059EDDB256EC2B670004213B2743EBE1 > = ME_Promethus_PowerPlant
            myDifficulty Challenge
            myReward < uid=059EDDB256EC2B670004213C4C8F0C4B > = reward_group_daily_challenge
            myStart
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 30
            }
            myEnd
            {
                myYear 2016
                myMonth 4
                myDay 31
            }
        }
    }
to get the events working. Even if we ignore everything that's wrong with the bit above from technical point of view, the fact still remains that they needed to develop and release a hotfix to account for one or more of their employees being unaware of the length of April, as that bit above is the daily event plan for the April 31.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 3, 2016

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Also it's a grindy-rear end MMO with bullet sponge enemies instead of the gritty apocalypse they showed in the trailers. If it was Siege-style it might be fun.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ain't no B button on PS4.

My performance got a lot better when I realized it is more effective to rush through a doorway and shoot than to try to hit your target with a stream of bullets when they rush through. That shouldn't be the case.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ain't no B button in PS4.

My performance got a lot better when I realized it is more effective to rush through a doorway and shoot than to try to hit your target with a stream of bullets when they rush through. That shouldn't be the case.

A combination of lag and reflex speed and peeker's advantage will always make this the case, unless you don't know where they are.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Peeker's advantage is nuts in this game, but I don't know what can be done to mitigate it. It's worse than the C4 meta honestly.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jehde posted:

Peeker's advantage is nuts in this game, but I don't know what can be done to mitigate it. It's worse than the C4 meta honestly.
Peeker's advantage is a universal problem in every game without client-side hit registration, that's just how network works. It's smaller the smaller player latencies are, so you got to have lots of players and lots of servers to mitigate it. Different game, same poo poo.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Squeegy posted:

Also it's a grindy-rear end MMO with bullet sponge enemies instead of the gritty apocalypse they showed in the trailers. If it was Siege-style it might be fun.

This was never a problem for me because I knew what I was getting into. It was just the lovely dark zone content that was bad.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wrong thread

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh hey, thermite is a ton of fun! Completely changed my attacking game

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The servers exploded.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The servers exploded.

Are they down?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

El Jebus posted:

Are they down?

I'm told even the console servers are down.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm told even the console servers are down.

poo poo. I've got a 3 day booster going. I hope you're wrong...

poo poo, appears true. Hard, you know what to do.

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 5, 2016

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Fix your game, Hard.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

This is the first time I noticed that the ammo drum on Tachanka's gun rotates when you shoot it. That's really cool and an excellent touch.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Pan magazine.

You know what else is rotating? Tom Clancy in his grave.

Orv
May 4, 2011
How can he rotate with the massive erection the plot of Blacklist gave him?

chopbustabrown
Sep 14, 2011

I AM THE HEAT MISER
I have played a butt ton of this game and I only just noticed Valk flips her shotgun upside down when reloading it, I was amazed when I saw her do it on my drone it looked sick. I love this game.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

Might be just an online gaming thing I'm not aware of since this is pretty much my only game, but does anyone else notice the skill difference in time of day\day? I can play in the morning and during the day on weekdays and crush it against gold\plat teams, late nights and saturdays the skill level goes through the roof. Head shot central and I feel like a scrub.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bobua posted:

Might be just an online gaming thing I'm not aware of since this is pretty much my only game, but does anyone else notice the skill difference in time of day\day? I can play in the morning and during the day on weekdays and crush it against gold\plat teams, late nights and saturdays the skill level goes through the roof. Head shot central and I feel like a scrub.
Yeah that's pretty much the online gaming in general, everything peaks between later afternoon and early morning, in large part due to most active/good players being in highschool or college, so potentially having to do assignment Sunday through Thursday, and attending studies on weekdays, but otherwise having little responsibilities.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Honestly at that point all you can do is play smart rather than hard.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Yeah, don't play like Hard, he's terrible.

Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
What exactly did they do to Thermite to break him so much. He seemed fine last season.
And then suddenly season 3 rolls around and his charges would blow without taking the wall with it, defenders could shoot them through the wall, occasionally his charges won't blow until you try to remove them and now it seems he can get 3 charges???

https://streamable.com/f2y3

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Twazuk posted:

What exactly did they do to Thermite to break him so much. He seemed fine last season.
And then suddenly season 3 rolls around and his charges would blow without taking the wall with it, defenders could shoot them through the wall, occasionally his charges won't blow until you try to remove them and now it seems he can get 3 charges???

https://streamable.com/f2y3

They took away his frag grenades because 'there was too many grenades on attackers' then gave them to the new DLC operator, have his acog sights get misaligned every other patch for some reason, had thermite charges able to be shot through walls and trapdoors, and then made it so thermite charges just don't destroy the wall a good amount of the time.

For an operator that is essential to the attacking team Ubisoft sure have been making it annoying to pick him.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
They took away his frags because it made Thatcher largely unnecessary.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hactar posted:

They took away his frags because it made Thatcher largely unnecessary.

Not really? There's not that many locations that either have a drone hole you can roll a frag into or blow a hole with your AR over the top of the wall and toss one over (most of the time you don't even want to do this anyways because of ADS or hostage on the other side). It was great to have because Thermites AR hits hard but is pretty slow and the sights misaligned means you can't headshots as reliably as you should with the ACOG.

Seriously, what is with FBI Swat randomly getting the short end of the stick there?

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
Hard, your game just erased my ranked level and set me back to zero ranked games played.

e: restarting seems to have fixed it

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Pfox posted:

Hard, your game just erased my ranked level and set me back to zero ranked games played.

e: restarting seems to have fixed it

You must've caught the Battlefield bug.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Is there anything being done about higher ping giving you an advantage? Just curious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://u.pomf.is/mpctoj.mp4

Fix your game, Hard. :argh:

(Also, that camera rest bug is in there at the start, too.)

• Locked thread