Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

sinking belle posted:

I'm way out of the loop, did anything ever come of those inaccessible parts of the power plant in x/y? Or the "faceless men" thing, or the guy who gave you the statue of an unidentified pokemon that didn't seem to serve any purpose? Also what kind of name is "Type: Null"? Also are mega pokemon just not a thing they're doing anymore? Also what the heck is going on with pokemon everything about these new games looks completely nuts

No, no, maybe, an unusual one, we don't know for sure, absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

sinking belle posted:

I'm way out of the loop, did anything ever come of those inaccessible parts of the power plant in x/y? Or the "faceless men" thing, or the guy who gave you the statue of an unidentified pokemon that didn't seem to serve any purpose? Also what kind of name is "Type: Null"? Also are mega pokemon just not a thing they're doing anymore? Also what the heck is going on with pokemon everything about these new games looks completely nuts

no, no, yes that was totem from alola where sun and moon are set, it's a manmade chimera, we don't know yet, pokemon is good

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope in gen 8 you can catch rival trainers.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I want to see Type: Null in the anime to see if they actually call it Type: Null every single time they talk about it/to it.

:allears:

Type: Null is basically my new favorite pokemon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pokemon snap Sun/Moon ver looks cute

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also the Cutiefly evo is v good.

Picking a team is going to be super hard in SuMo. I'm already at like 9 and think I might have to cut Gumshoos, Sandalit and Minior.

gently caress why are there so many good pokemon.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Zore posted:

I wonder how generic Z-moves are going to be gated in that case.

Like... what the gently caress kind of Steel move do all Steel types learn? Or Bug move? Or Dark?

Generic stones just use any move of that type, though it may need to be an attacking move

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 6, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

non-evil people don't make their own goddamn island out in the sea, so i'm definitely betting on aether being the Actual Villains

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Johnny Joestar posted:

non-evil people don't make their own goddamn island out in the sea, so i'm definitely betting on aether being the Actual Villains

Could be that they're puppet-mastering Team Skull so they end up looking like the good guys.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
So that trailer had some dialog that mentioned that the Aether Foundation was making an artificial island just for Pokémon...which makes them Pokémon Seasteaders, I suppose.

That makes me hope that there is a redemptive arc for Team Skull and together you go after the real enemy: Libertarians

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
in sun/moon 2, unovan ex-cop aya brea must investigate the aether foundation's artificial island after a breakout of a new type of mutant; poke-mitochondrial creatures

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if the artificial island stuff is an oblique reference to Niihau, the privately owned Hawaiian island.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Unlucky7 posted:

So that trailer had some dialog that mentioned that the Aether Foundation was making an artificial island just for Pokémon...which makes them Pokémon Seasteaders, I suppose.

That makes me hope that there is a redemptive arc for Team Skull and together you go after the real enemy: Pokémon Libertarians

Can't wait to be cornered by the Aether squad and a wall blows in and all the text says is "IT'S YA BOY" before you enter a tag double battle.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

alcharagia posted:

in sun/moon 2, unovan ex-cop aya brea must investigate the aether foundation's artificial island after a breakout of a new type of mutant; poke-mitochondrial creatures

Read that as poke-medichlorians at first and was ready to puke

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aether's glasses girl is cute. Well that's all I have to say

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

There's no way the Aether Foundation isn't evil, with Type: Null and UB-01 there's no way they aren't doing some freaky genetic modification stuff. I hope this means you eventually team up with your boy Guzma to take them down.

Also I want a Type: Null and UB-01 on my team.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Johnny Joestar posted:

hey maybe they aren't evil they're just libertarians

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

If anime has taught me anything, it's that Aether are totally going to be evil. They're set up too goody-goody while being tech focused in a story that seems to be about how tech things are going wonky.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

alcharagia posted:

the 10th birthday sounding good

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Elfgames posted:

hey maybe they aren't evil they're just libertarians

But then they'd be evil

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

What if everyone is evil and you are the only force of good in this whacked-up world.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

But then they'd be evil

no they could just be stupid

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I can't wait to make friends and save the world with Team Skull.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

There's no way the Aether Foundation isn't evil, with Type: Null and UB-01 there's no way they aren't doing some freaky genetic modification stuff. I hope this means you eventually team up with your boy Guzma to take them down.

Also I want a Type: Null and UB-01 on my team.

Ultra Beasts don't seem to be Pokemon at all considering how the official website classifies them. They might just be boss only characters.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Ultra Beasts = Fusion

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I wish we knew which pokemon were exclusive to which version. I hope gumshoos is in both and not swapped out for ratata in moon. (Due to them being nocturnal now.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Johnny Joestar posted:

You have hurt the feelings of the Chinese people. Please apologize.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah. There's no way Guzma isn't face turning, at least to save his own bacon.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dr. Fetus posted:

i would absolutely love this but i doubt it will actually happen :(

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Ultra Beasts don't seem to be Pokemon at all considering how the official website classifies them. They might just be boss only characters.

Lysandre was the first Ultra Beast.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Chill Penguin posted:

Ultra Beasts = Fusion

Well their French name basically translates to Ultra Chimera. :tinfoil:

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.

Hmm, you're right, both Pokemon are illustrated by the same guy.

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 31, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I like that Type:Null looks like he has a big goofy smile from straight on. I bet it turns out to be a big softy.

Also thank you, mysterious thread title changer. and for hitting the GO thread too.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

I wish we knew which pokemon were exclusive to which version. I hope gumshoos is in both and not swapped out for ratata in moon. (Due to them being nocturnal now.)

There is no way the new route 1 normal type is an exclusive.

That would be beyond dumb.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, with Type: Null, and Jangmo-o, Farfetch'd and Ho-oh and the Nidorans have two new members in their club.

I think that's all of them

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
The name Poke finder for the camera functionality leads me to think you can use it to find and battle wild Pokemon similar to the dexnav

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The name Poke finder for the camera functionality leads me to think you can use it to find and battle wild Pokemon similar to the dexnav

It's named after the viewfinder on a camera.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

McDragon posted:

Oh, with Type: Null, and Jangmo-o, Farfetch'd and Ho-oh and the Nidorans have two new members in their club.

I think that's all of them

Mr. Mime, Mime Jr., Porygon-Z, and Porygon2 should all count as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i would absolutely love this but i doubt it will actually happen :(

Conversely, I think it actually has a high chance of happening with how many main villain flags Aether are tripping and just how few Team Skull have been tripping.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

LemonLimeTime posted:

Hmm, you're right, both Pokemon are illustrated by the same guy!!!

"To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology."

yeah there's definitely no way it could be related to arceus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

team skull crimes: stealing pokemon, i guess???

team aether crimes: artificial island, probably experiments on pokemon because lmao at the idea of street punks having the tech to do that, look like villains