Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

greatn posted:

What if they announce it and I miss preorders!? Because I took my eyes of NeoGAF for one loving hour!

If it sells out as quick as Amiibos it's okay it's a console. Seriously the first few months are oh look this game makes use and oh pretty! But a year later the game is actually garbage that you played because it was the best thing out.

WiiU's cool early title was that Sonic Racing game. It was okay but it's no Mario Kart. PS4 had Resogun and Killzone.

I wont be angry missing 6-12 months of a console's release. Sure the price isn't going to go down unless you buy a used one but if there isn't anything out and just some title you really want on the "coming next year" why buy now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I hope the NX comes in two colors, yellow with a Pikachu face, and pink with a Kirby face.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

elf help book posted:

I hope the NX comes in two colors, yellow with a Pikachu face, and pink with a Kirby face.

Now we're talkin'

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope the NX home screen can show my mii like the Wii U's but it also has support for scanning amiibo, and I can scan my Isabelle amiibo so my mii can hug Isabelle.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

I hope the NX bans all games by Ubisoft and also bans Waluigi.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

"Nintendo's marketing is gonna mess it all up!!!!"

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/467099616165777408

grow up

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

elf help book posted:

I hope the NX bans all games by Ubisoft and also bans Waluigi.

I hope Nintendo collaborates with Ubisoft to make an open world Waluigi simulator, called "Oh Yeah! Walugi!"

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope Nintendo collaborates with Ubisoft to make an open world Waluigi simulator, called "Oh Yeah! Walugi!"

I hope it's a phone game and it sets your phone on fire.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

elf help book posted:

I hope it's a phone game and it sets your phone on fire.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A ESHOP ROM INTO THE WII U. ITS MARIO KART 8 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WALUIGI. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I"M TOO TALL FOR EVERY CAR OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP BECAUSE EVERYBODY CHEATED. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'RE BEST FRIENDS WITH THE REAL PROTAGONIST OF THE MARIO FRANCHISE, WARIO. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO ELF HELP BOOK AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE ELF HELP BOOK CAN STILL BE AN IMMATURE JERK. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I CRY

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The New Xbox.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A ESHOP ROM INTO THE WII U. ITS MARIO KART 8 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, WALUIGI. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I"M TOO TALL FOR EVERY CAR OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP BECAUSE EVERYBODY CHEATED. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY'RE BEST FRIENDS WITH THE REAL PROTAGONIST OF THE MARIO FRANCHISE, WARIO. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO ELF HELP BOOK AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE ELF HELP BOOK CAN STILL BE AN IMMATURE JERK. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I CRY

Mario Kart 8 is so good.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

elf help book posted:

Mario Kart 8 is so good.

It's true. If I can ask anything of the NX, it's that Mario Kart NeXt is basically the same, but with about twice as many tracks.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

deadly_pudding posted:

This meme is dumb as hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

If I can ask anything of the NX, it's that it comes with a variety of stickers to put on it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

elf help book posted:

If I can ask anything of the NX, it's that it comes with a variety of stickers to put on it.

the #FE Special Edition came with stickers to put on your wii u or computer

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You realize of course stickers are platform agnostic and work almost universally on a variety of surfaces.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

fridge corn posted:

This meme is dumb as hell

This meme will continue to be perfectly fine until Borderlands 3 has Mr. Torgue recite it word for word, but with key parts mad-libbed out for elements from his own fictional TV show. Only then can we truly declare it a dead meme :colbert:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

You realize of course stickers are platform agnostic and work almost universally on a variety of surfaces.

You're right, they can't include stickers, it would ruin Nintendo.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

greatn posted:

why would you not put it on your wii u or computer

elf help book posted:

but nintendo is already nintendoomed

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nintendo of America's offices destroyed after Reggie learns someone put their Cat Peach stickers on their PS4.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

deadly_pudding posted:

This meme will continue to be perfectly fine until Borderlands 3 has Mr. Torgue recite it word for word, but with key parts mad-libbed out for elements from his own fictional TV show. Only then can we truly declare it a dead meme :colbert:

Idk what any of that means but as the user of the meme you can't defend your usage of the meme, someone else has to come and validate for you

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

I read his the opposite of how it was, and thinking he wanted official Nintendo stickers because he couldn't use other stickers.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

greatn posted:

I read his the opposite of how it was, and thinking he wanted official Nintendo stickers because he couldn't use other stickers.

Cooking Mama or the Hudson bee would also be good stickers.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I want some of those Japanese spirit warding stickers that are in literally every anime.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

BillmasterCozb posted:

why would you not put it on your wii u or computer

but nintendo is already nintendoomed

The NX's full title will take cues from all the stories and analysts and be the Nintendoomed.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Reallly excited for Nintendoom 2 where they add the Super Mario Shotgun and face the Cyberbowser

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Where do I get cat peach stickers?

Also I heard the NX is going to have a built in 3D printer so you can make your own Amiibos.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Reiley posted:

Reallly excited for Nintendoom 2 where they add the Super Mario Shotgun and face the Cyberbowser

I'd pay top dollar for this.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dexo posted:

Nintendo announcing before TGS is usually an ok to the developers working on games to show their NX games on the TGS floor even if Nintendo themselves don't show up.

It's why like the second the Bone and the PS4 announcements came out suddenly press releases from like every company under the sun came that were working on games for it.

Im starting to suspect it will be delayed, because while nintendo might be happy having a short time between announcement and launch I'm not sure the people making games for it would feel the same.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Tengames posted:

Im starting to suspect it will be delayed, because while nintendo might be happy having a short time between announcement and launch I'm not sure the people making games for it would feel the same.

Same, I'm expecting a Nov 2017 release.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the nx is being announced at apple's event tomorrow

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tengames posted:

They can't delay it with breath of the wild coming with it

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Why do I always get the feeling that Nintendo is somehow working inside of a vacuum? They don't seem to notice anything about the market or market trends. This was fine when it was back in the day when they were creating market trends, but now it's just getting sad. These are the guys that basically invented the modern analog stick, before that it was D-Pads all the way down. Fuckin' shoulder buttons, eat poo poo Sega Genesis. A start button AND a select button?! What madness is this?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Sep 7, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kashuno posted:

They can't delay it with breath of the wild coming with it
Unless.....

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Tengames posted:

Unless.....

No... no! They wouldn't! They couldn't!

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

hey guys, new poster here

NX comes out in like, 6 months right? so what does it look like? anyone got specs?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

paco650 posted:

hey guys, new poster here

NX comes out in like, 6 months right? so what does it look like? anyone got specs?

We have no information. Come back in 10 years when they might actually announce this thing.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

paco650 posted:

so what does it look like?

paco650 posted:

anyone got specs?

Nvidia's Tegra X1, which works both as a GPU and an ARM CPU.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

You're making GBS threads me, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

paco650 posted:

You're making GBS threads me, right?

no