Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
ESPN mobile app drafting: thoughts? Warnings? Lamentations?

I have a father-son function that night and need to draft by phone. First time trying it. I plan on having my Beersheet with me and crossing-off players as they are ahead of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
So first time in a League with an IR spot.

Right now I'm leaning K. Dixon over Dion Lewis. Just because Dixon is probably going to be back sooner.

Anyone have any other good IR stashes?

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

Question for you guys--I drafted Bell but missed out on Deangelo Williams (He went in the 9th, I thought I could wait like an idiot, got Hurns there but...). I'm trying to trade for him at the moment--I'm offering Crowell but the owner doesn't seem to be biting.

Is it too much to offer Matt Jones? Or should I stand pat? I have Hyde, Bernard, Matt Jones, Crowell, Hurns, Boyd, T. West, and R. Matthews to fill my 2 RB and flex spots in the meantime. I could also try to pry Spencer Ware from his owner--he seems kinda clueless so I might be able to get Ware cheap.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

I have a father-son function that night and need to draft by phone. First time trying it. I plan on having my Beersheet with me and crossing-off players as they are ahead of me.

Works well. Just look for the option that shows all teams drafting so you can keep track of progress.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd offer Matt Jones for Deangelo, personally.

I own Matt Jones in dynasty and can confirm he's bad at football.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

axelord posted:

So first time in a League with an IR spot.

Right now I'm leaning K. Dixon over Dion Lewis. Just because Dixon is probably going to be back sooner.

Anyone have any other good IR stashes?

Dion Lewis isn't on the IR. But I would rather have him because he has a much higher ceiling.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Just got offered Rashad Jennings and Antonio Gates for Forte in my .5 PPR 1Flex league. Pretty tempted to go with it since my TE situation is garbage and I think Forte is a little overvalued in how much his workload will be shared with Powell.

My current RBs:
Jamaal Charles
Duke Johnson
Frank Gore
Matt Forte

Only TE is Jared Cook.

Any thoughts?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

I did an auction draft on my iphone. I was very scared but it was totally fine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Rawls owner wants Christine Michael from me. I'm not sure what to offer, as I just scooped him off waivers earlier today. Any thoughts on possible trades I could include him in?

My team:
http://tinypic.com/r/23vcpqp/9

His team:
http://imgur.com/a/klVLT

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 6, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Would you rather roster in .5 ppr:

Julius Thomas

or

Clive Walford

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

MacheteZombie posted:

Clive Walford

did someone page me

RCarr posted:

The Rawls owner wants Christine Michael from me. I'm not sure what to offer, as I just scooped him off waivers earlier today. Any thoughts on possible trades I could include him in?

My team:

His team:

I probably wouldn't hesitate to trade Michael for Aiken or Shepherd if you're just looking to do a 1 for 1. Green or Maclin would look nice on your team but I doubt you'd have the pieces to package with Michael that wouldn't be a lateral move for you at best. Maybe Watkins, but he's got a high enough ceiling in his own right (but I personally would trade him for Green in a heartbeat and would totally take a Watkins+Michael for Green trade if it were offered to me)

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 6, 2016

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

Would you rather roster in .5 ppr:

Julius Thomas

or

Clive Walford
Just pick one and then drop him later if he sucks and pick the other one or something. You don't need to think about the bottom of your roster this hard. It's not a permanent decision.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If you attempt to input offline draft rosters using the ESPN offline app it will not allow you to go without drafting a full roster including K/D. You have to use the lovely in-browser, straight from 2003 piece of poo poo.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

RCarr posted:

My team:

His team:

I'd make him sweat until later in the week or wait until after Week 1 in case Rawls is limited. Then you'll have more leverage.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I really wanted to share this with someone, so I picked y'all. First trade in my 14 team league and a guy swapped Rivers (his backup) for Romo, because Rivers is playing Denver when he needs him to fill in, whereas Romo (or Dak, who he also has) is playing the Eagles. Admittedly a bad trade. A long e-mail chain generated this response.

quote:

First off, come 3am I will have 3 QB1's all better than Rivers. Period. Secondly, am I getting trolled here? Do I need to drug test you guys? Don't look at this as a fan of Cowboys/Romo, look at this statistically. Rivers is going to have another Par season (95% probability) where as Romo (74.7% probability) is done with the Cowboys maybe even (34.86% chance) done with his active nfl playing career, even if he comes back in 8-10 weeks there is a (82.1% chance) he is a shell of his old self. To further my point, IF THEY EXPECTED ANYTHING OUT OF ROMO IF AND WHEN HE COMES BACK THEY WOULDN'T HAVE BROUGHT IN BUTT FUMBLE. Now addressing the point someone made about "they didn't put him on the IR and that he is still on the active roster", 1) Is it far fetched to think that they are doing that for the possibility another team offers a trade for him aiming for next year? (Not at all) 2) Romo's injury history arguably is the most of any QB in the past 5 or so years, giving none of us any reason to think this year is anything but bleak for him. Period. So to summarize Romo (crap stats, not even top 25 QB's if any stats) traded for Rivers (solid stats, 3,600 - 4,200+ yds 30+ tds 13 - 17 ints). The apitome of lopsided. #NumbersDontLie

I love football.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Fantasy Football 2016: The apitome of lopsided

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm not even sure what that guy is trying to argue but I like it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I need to see his math.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
So he's trying to justify trading a top 10 QB for a situation where he is carrying 2-3 QBs on his roster for 8 weeks to just to cover his one week bye?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'm still trying to figure out which side he is in favor of.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

People need to understand that lopsided trades aren't collusion and should be allowed.

Perfectly "even" trades are very rare anyway. A trade is legit if both sides honestly believe that the trade benefits them in some way. And they're the only ones capable of judging that. A collusive trade is one where the two sides are conspiring against a third party, or conspiring to throw the results off. For example, if party A is helping party B to beat party C, a rival, despite Party A actually losing out in the trade itself. Another example is where party A has decided he's no longer in playoff contention (or is eliminated from playoffs) and gives his best players to his buddy, party B.

Simply making a poor trade has to be OK. Hell, NFL teams do it constantly! The only alternative is to have almost no trading at all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

kiimo posted:

I need to see his math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFoC3TR5rzI

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

People need to understand that lopsided trades aren't collusion and should be allowed.

Perfectly "even" trades are very rare anyway. A trade is legit if both sides honestly believe that the trade benefits them in some way. And they're the only ones capable of judging that. A collusive trade is one where the two sides are conspiring against a third party, or conspiring to throw the results off. For example, if party A is helping party B to beat party C, a rival, despite Party A actually losing out in the trade itself. Another example is where party A has decided he's no longer in playoff contention (or is eliminated from playoffs) and gives his best players to his buddy, party B.

Simply making a poor trade has to be OK. Hell, NFL teams do it constantly! The only alternative is to have almost no trading at all.
Very true. Also... I can't imagine disputing a trade involving Philip Rivers and Tony Romo even if it was obvious collusion. Just why...

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

I thought my predictions were relatively bold, but wow some of the [url=https://www.fantasypros.com/2016/09/11-bold-predictions/]fantasypros bold predictions[/i] are bananas. But fun! "Tyrod Taylor and Sammy Watkins will both finish in the top five of their respective positions as Buffalo wins 10 games and a wild card spot" would be so badass I'm not even sure if I could be mad at how improbable it would be.

"Kirk Cousins will be benched for Colt McCoy" is probably my favorite for an out-there creative pick.

I like the RG3 one. Mostly cause i accidentally drafted him for a 1$.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Works well. Just look for the option that shows all teams drafting so you can keep track of progress.

I just did a few mocks from the app and found what you were talking about. Thanks!

kiimo posted:

I did an auction draft on my iphone. I was very scared but it was totally fine.

I just hope I can keep the expletives under breath.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 6, 2016

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

That moment when the Deangelo Williams owner trades him to the Bell owner for Chris Ivory and a steak dinner

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The league that I commish for has a weird request. Is this possible to configure on ESPN? I can't find a way.

Basically when there's a pick 6 or fumble 6, they don't want the defense that DIDN'T score the TD to be penalized. For example, Eli throws a pick 6 to the Pats. Pats score a TD, which means the Giants' D/ST loses fantasy points for allowing the opponent to score. But the Giants D/ST was not involved in the play at all, so it seems kinda harsh. Instead, the player that committed the INT/fumble should be docked extra points.

I honestly don't know why they give a gently caress about this but the league voted overwhelmingly for it so I have to make a good faith effort to implement it. Can this be done?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
That isn't a weird request at all, but I'm not positive whether the big fantasy providers or ESPN in particular default to that. I think Yahoo, for example, does default to the setting how your league wants it, but not sure.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Both ESPN and Yahoo (and I think NFL as well) penalize the D/ST for all points scored against their team, even if the D/ST wasn't on the field, and there is no way to turn that off.

The only way to manage it is if you're willing, as a commissioner, to keep track of every pick 6 each week and then manually adjust the scoring to compensate.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Quick auction question, the big money league I am in is set up

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
Flex
D/ST

Does that extra flex means that I should be spreading out my money a good bit more to pick off those 10-15 dollar mid/later round guys so I can have a stable that I can play in my flex, so instead of spending 85% on my starters I should spend a bit less and have some better players to plug into the flex week to week?

Last year I went in studs and duds and my team was awesome for 4/5 weeks but then injuries struck and I realized that I was losing points in that 2nd flex position want to avoid a repeat of last year.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Leperflesh posted:

Both ESPN and Yahoo (and I think NFL as well) penalize the D/ST for all points scored against their team, even if the D/ST wasn't on the field, and there is no way to turn that off.

The only way to manage it is if you're willing, as a commissioner, to keep track of every pick 6 each week and then manually adjust the scoring to compensate.

Are you sure about Yahoo? I could swear it didn't count those plays against the D/ST. Only the extra point that follows.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Are you sure about Yahoo? I could swear it didn't count those plays against the D/ST. Only the extra point that follows.

I haven't played on Yahoo in at least 4 years, but I seem to remember some discussion about this earlier this year and someone saying that Yahoo didn't count defensive TDs against the opposing D/ST.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
It's like the one thing (whatever it is) that Yahoo does right.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

Just read Mathew Berry's Love/Hate:

Love RBs:
Lamar Miller
LeSean McCoy
CJ Anderson
Frank Gore
Dion Lewis
Matt Jones
Rashad Jennings & Paul Perkins

Hate RBs:
Devonta Freeman
Latavius Murray
DeMarco Murray
TJ Yeldon

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Berry hasn't got the Demarco is back memo it seems

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

today in my twelve man league, the 11th pick chose aaron rodgers round one, and matthew stafford round two. this is a one qb league.

god bless fantasy football

e: cam newton also went in the first, and denvers defense was drafted in the fourth round

winvirus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 7, 2016

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm fairly sure this is correct, there was some confusion about the scoring in my roommate's league last year, and we figured out that it was due to Yahoo only counting points from when the D was actually on the field.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
8 team standard league. Right now I have Rivers and Winston at QB. Eli, Stafford, and Tyrod are all on waivers. Should I stand pat, or make a move?

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Eli has a favorable playoff sched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im drafting for my GF 20 team league. poo poo gets dark quick. Who are these players?

• Locked thread