Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Wounds: 12/12
Fate Points: 2/2
Current Boltgun Clip: 18/24
Spare Boltgun Clips: gently caress if I remember
Murdelia injects herself with a dose of SLAM (2 doses left) and lights a lhostick. "LETS GET THESE FUKN KUNTS!" the Medic screams as the drug flows through her body and she begins a hasty assault on the Aquila Lander guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, Midair

Grumb hisses into his comm-bead as the trio of scrunts sails majestically through the air. "Mung! Summat news come ta light, dangol, talk'bout new infermation here! They got's summat big up thar loaded up thurr on the Tequila lander! I repeat! DO NOT LET THE TEQUILA ESCAPE!!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Aquila The Hun
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVL0r4BFN88

It's quiet.

Too quiet.

Well, apart from the constant whine-crack of las-capacitors cycling, and the gargling screams in the distance of Severan PDF troopers getting into their line of sight. That's pretty noisy. Plus, the turbines on the Aquila are revving up now, and it's sort of hard to hold a conversation next to it. Also, everyone's busy slamming magazines into place and racking guns, and the ogryns are stamping around and grunting a bit. The techpriest's beeping and booping and the servitors are making clanking revving noises as they feverishly finish pre-flight preparations on the lander. It's actually really loving noisy, but it's quiet in the sense that no-one's currently trying to kill the armsmen defending the landing pad.

And then, abruptly, that changes.

Three sets of gnarled, malformed legs appear in midair, unannounced. The armsmen stare horrified at them as they drift slowly towards the ground, like a feather from some particularly loathsome bird, or like a turd in low gravity. Grug, Grumb and Groin drift gently into cover pretty much entirely by chance - Grug's getting too cuddly for anything remotely resembling design. This buys the rest of the squad time to emerge from their hiding places - Drekk and Grimply squeeze themselves out of the vents they've been travelling through, like turds through a keyhole, and Yurik, Mung and Murdelia scurry out of the access tunnel they've been tramping through, like turds through a sewer.

Both sides realise that it's time for a rumble at approximately the same time. It's like the other shoe dropping; they're strangely cheerful about it.

initiative time posted:

groin 14
mung 13
yurik 13
troopers 13
grug 12
gumbo 11
murdelia 10
admech 10
snipers 8
servitors 8
drekk 7
grumb 5
grimply 5
ogryns 4

----

scrunt

phoon's control of gumbo's over. rip. new player needed - either to take the same character or put together a new one.

murdelia has four rounds of unnatural strength/toughness, and will suffer seven (7) points of S/T damage once it wears off. this heals at 1pt per hour per stat, so basically sleep it off.

mung's signal jammer is already on from his previous mucking about, so no radios will be used during combat.

:siren: comrades are not present for this battle but you can still use comrade orders, to represent the dregs of that combat drug concoction pumping through your veins :siren:. also because we already had a comrade-less battle.

:siren: destruction/immobilisation of the Aquila is a fail state that you will need to burn Fate to avoid :siren:

if you don't have a ride out of here you will be eventually flooded with severans and whittled down/air strike'd into oblivion. be careful with rocket launchers/multimeltas

map features -

• walled areas with different flooring - the bit the eastern scrunts are cowering in, and the bit to the southwest - are sort of like trenches. major cover AP to body and legs, nothing to arms and head.
  • walled areas with tanks in the way - block LOS
  • dark grey tanks with blue blobs on - approx 8ft tall, medium cover to all except head and gun arm.
  • sandbags - medium cover to body, legs
  • cogs - light cover to all if you're in 'em (e.g. sniper 1), to represent a snarl of machines and scaffolding
  • turrets - inactive, will activate in four turns. cogitator banks can be Tech Used.

enemies -

• armsmen - two men per icon, not formations, reduce to critical to kill - guardsmen weapons/armour, but they ain't Severan
  • ogryns - one per icon, full critical rules apply - ripper gun and riot shield
  • servitors - two per icon, reduce to critical to kill - machine armour/close combat servitor equipment
  • snipers - one per icon, reduce to critical to kill - snipers!
  • admech - one per icon, full critical rules apply - ~mystery~

scruntinise them, or get shot by them, for more details

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 25, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

Like turds in a sewer, these are the scrunts of our lives.

Fate: 2/2

Mung clamors out of the access tunnel relatively cocksure. Most of the walk down the tunnel was filled with him bragging 'bout what he did back in the tower. He sqeaks out "See, now that's what'n I can do if my plan comes together. Now with any luck we won't see any more guard on our way to nick stuff due to the turrets and the commotion we make elsewhere." He enters the daylight again and peeks over the nearby barricade to see a massive swarm of guards. "Oh well fack my rear end." He swears as he swaps his Triplex pattern lasgun to sniper mode to pick out a target of opportunity.

----

Staying in my current cover for the moment. I'm working on the assumption that we have a weapon out already. Going to half action aim and fire a single sniper round at Sniper 2 if I can see him, whatever convenient target of opportunity if not. +10 aim +10 accurate +10 single shot + 10 short range (normal range in sniper mode is 150)

Edit: Also there is no way I'll be able to get to those turrets to disable them in 4 rounds. Unless the next action after I disable them is 'get shot to death'

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Aug 29, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

disable, subvert, either or. these ones you can just commandeer and turn friendly by swapping 'ignore people with IFF tags' to 'only target those with IFF tags'

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

disable, subvert, either or. these ones you can just commandeer and turn friendly by swapping 'ignore people with IFF tags' to 'only target those with IFF tags'

Less so a problem with the turrets themselves and moreso about the gaggle of people who will be riddling me full of holes when I run out of cover to sprint over to the command console.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

details, details

i'm sure the squad can come up with some way to stop them firing effectively

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Hangover: Scrunt Edition
Malbrathia-3

Fate Points: 1/2
Corruption Points: 1

"Well, this is just dandy."

Grimply and Drekk crawled through the vent, escaping the acid pit. Unfortunately, Gumbo succumbed to the corrosive acid. The two squeeze their way out of the vent in and emerge in the southern end of a landing area with an Aquila ship and quite a decently sized force guarding it.

It seems well guarded for just a single ship. Is it important?

Drekk whips out his Nifty Pyrophoric Vambrace that he's had for a while and proceeds to head to the grey tanks to get closer to the action as fast as he can.

---

Quick drawing flamer Pyrophoric Vambrace and a Full Move to the light grey tanks that Groin, Grumb, and Grug are hanging out by. If full move doesn't cover enough distance, then Sprint.

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 30, 2016

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, shuffling into cover

Grumb calls out on the radio as he gets into position - "They's gettin' ready ta split, y'all stop' em 'fore they gettaway!" - but he is greeted only by a tinny screech in his ear, and static. He curses under his breath, then makes a series of wild gesticulations in the direction of his skwad mates to the southeast. Without awaiting a response, he turns to his side and yells "Dangol', grab a gun," back to the rest of Team Hostage Crisis, pointing his thumb at his bulging backpack. "S'about ta get hairy!"

Pulling his multimelta to bear from behind the cover of the large grey tanks, he takes aim at the largest enemy figure and squeezes the -

wait, no, that's the lander.

He takes aim at the second largest enemy figure and squeezes the firing stud.

------------------------
In the absence of radio communication and leadership, Corporal Grumb Slanger has assumed command. He has made Tactical Gestures™ in the direction of the rest of the scrunts - interpret them however you like. In addition, he has made his autocannon and heavy stubber available to the rest of Team Hostage Crisis. Here are the stats if you want to take a look at them.

Betsy (Heavy Stubber - Range 100m, -/-/8, 1d10+4 I, pen3, clip 75, 2full reload)
Clive (M34 Autocannon - Heavy 300m S/3/– 3d10+8 I Pen 6 Clip 20, 2full reload, reliable)

In the meantime, Grumb is going to aim and fire on Ogryn 1 with Bernie. If I'm reading the map right, he is just under 30m so I can proc the melta rule on him if it matters.

Bernie (Multimelta - Heavy / 60m / s/-/- / 2d10+16E / pen ~24~ / clip12 / rld Full / Melta, Blast1)

BS 50 + aim 10 + comrade volley 5 + short range 10 = 75. I roll a 91, which I guess will probably miss. Spending a fate point to reroll if this would put the aquila in danger.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
The heavy stubber weighs a little over 65 lbs not counting ammunition and the Autocannon weighs almost 90 lbs. If you were carrying the MM as well you were towing around almost 250 lbs of gun before counting any of your other gear. I would guess it's probably safe to assume the unclaimed heavy weapons are back in the chimera or in the base.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm the guy with Hulking Muscles, and also shut the gently caress up deathsandwich don't ruin this for me

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why do you think the gravchute was accidentally overclocked

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

details, details

i'm sure the squad can come up with some way to stop them firing effectively

if we had a scrunt horde, we could send wave after wave of scrunts to the turrets and they would shut down after reaching their preprogrammed kill counter.

But we don't have a scrunt horde, so we'll have to figure out a more practical way to deal with the turrets.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the turrets won't fire for four rounds. the covering fire issue comes from the other guards who will presumably gun down soft targets outside of cover trying to access the controls

if the guards can be stopped from gunning down soft targets outside of cover, perhaps by presenting them with bigger scarier targets through damage dealt or a straight-up Intimidation check, or by pinning them with suppressive fire or crowd-control measures, or by somehow obstructing their view of the turret controls, the turrets can be brought online with little issue other than some light hacking

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Current Boltgun Clip: 18/24
Murdelia rushes forward to the barrels near X-16 and gets low, maybe firing off some shots if she can but otherwise making sure her fellow scrunts are within easy reach if someone gets BLAMMED. HOPE THIS poo poo ISN'T FLAMMABLE!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
Fear And Loathing in Malbrathia-3
???
Fate Points 1/2
Wounds 12/12
Local Area Map

The flight from the tower they had awoken in had been harrowing for someone of Yurik's less-than-developed physique...it was only by virtue of Grumb Slanger being somewhere else entirely that Yurik had been spared the indignity of having his underpants yanked forcefully upwards had the heavy weapons scrunt been there to witness the Loremaster's descent down the rope. Not that Yurik actually wore underpants of course, as such constrictive and (in his opinion) highly unnecessary garments interfered with his psychic energies, but it was the principal of the thing.

Somehow by the grace of the Scruntfather they'd made it through the tunnels unimpeded and finally emerged near what looked to be a landing field of some sort along with the rest of the group. A very heavily fortified landing field. The angry sounds of lasfire and the screams of the dying made it abundantly clear that whoever still remained behind was having an extremely bad time of things, so doubling back and trying to find another way out of this base wasn't presently an option. That just left the lander spinning up on the platform ahead, a lander that was surrounded by armed soldiers, servitors, and extremely large, ugly humanoids that the knowledgeable portion of his still hungover brain helpfully informed him were called ogryns. His stomach lurched ominously as the platform's defenders turned their attention towards them, quickly scuttling towards the nearest available piece of cover, reaching out with his mind to snare the first unwary psyche that crossed his path.

Sorry for the delay, this week's been a bear. Yurik can't do anything from where he is without Pushing and I don't want to do that just yet, so instead I want to move towards the best available cover. If that takes me a couple actions fine, otherwise I'll ready an action for when someone does come into range...I'll be using Dominate as best I can to make enemies shoot other enemies.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug lazypost: load chem grenade and fire it in the general direction of the close side of the mass of troops at the sandbag. If that makes them keep their heads down maybe Groin can start moving towards the turret controls

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Grimply, counter sniping

Wounds: 9

May the SLAM deliver you

"Grimply, we needs ta go! Tha stuff will git us up 'ere too!"

"Nay, laddie! We can't leave tha sarge down innit he'll come ta us jus' give tha lad a minute!"

Drekk gives Grimply a bewildered look, snorts and takes a seat for now. Grimply continues to yell at the confused scrunt sarge, but it does not seem to have any effect. Gumbo locks eyes with him for a moment, but his hazy gaze is drawn back to the toxic sludge while a faint smile grows on his face. He slowly reaches forward and touches the sludge with a fingertip. The smouldering and bubbling doesn't seem to bother him at all and his smile grows even wider while flesh and fabric melt. From behind Grimply, Drekk pipes up and urges the sniper to activate his fackin talky ball already. A flood of coarse slurs, barking, and information washes into Grimply's brain when he reconnects to the scrunt vox network. With a grim and pained look, he turns his eyes away from the scrunt sarge just as the Leman Russ wreck begins to slowly tilt towards the acid...

"Lad.....we...we needs ta go...."

Now I am become death

Grimply and Drekk emerge from their vent onto the landing pad and scramble for cover right away.There's shooting and screaming which is very scrunty and coincidentally just the right thing to bring a troubled mind back on track. Grimply raises his las rifle and scopes the area with a quick sweep. Lots of humies and some big thingies block their way to the flyer box so let's start to deal with that. A second and somewhat more focussed sweep comes up with a interesting revelation. The humies have long shootas too! With his tounge hanging out professionally from the corner of his mouth, Grimply takes aim at a glimmering scope in the distance.

I'll counter-snipe sniper 1 with a called shot to his face.with the magical power of free aim without a comrade and I overload my gun as per usual

78 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

6+5 energy at 3 pen

Welp

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 36(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

From The Stars
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbAUwi4D3Ew

Groin, first to react of all combatants at the landing pad, emits a heroic cry and buries his face into the tank he's cowering behind. Doubtless this is some sort of preparatory ritual to him giving into frenzy, negating the need for any decision-making for the entire combat.

Mung, on the other hand, demonstrates atypical scruntly foresight. There's a bunch of armoured dudes with weedy guns lurking in cover up close, and there's a couple of unarmoured dudes with bigger guns lurking in cover further away. The normal scrunty behaviour would be to blithely ignore both sets of men, foul oneself, and probably die; after several weeks on-planet though, Mung's made of firmer stuff. One out of three ain't bad, but, on seeing a bit of exposed leg through a mesh of cogs, the technoscrunt simply blasts a fist-size hole through the femoral artery. The sniper howls and thrashes, but gravity is against him, and he exsanguinates in a few heartbeats, limbs drumming on the ground in agony.

Yurik, head pounding like a brick in a washing machine, skedaddles as quickly as possible to the sturdy tanks in front of him. He peers round them in dismay at the forces arrayed in front of him, and readies himself to share his horrific headache with the world.

The troopers react with admirable speed and discipline; slamming home curious red-coloured magazines into their weapons - visible now as sleek autoguns - they draw beads on scrunts unwise enough to poke heads above cover.

Grug is one such scrunt, and he slobbers enthusiastically as he launches his final chem grenade towards the soldiers guarding the pad. His shot sails joyfully over the heads of the fireteam he was actually aiming at, detonating with a dull whoomp as it pumps compressed orange fumes onto the squad aiming at Drekk. Even their full-face respirators are no help as the horrific contact toxin melts skin, flesh, bones; it begins to dissipate almost immediately, but for fireteam 2, it is too little too late.

Murdelia darts forward in a tactical advance to the safety of the refuelling tankers as the Enginseer huddles beneath his sandbags. Mung can detect a disturbance in the local noosphere as the turrets to the north begin to go through their start-up routines, and the loading servitors begin to jerk and twitch as new parameters are fed to them. The scrunty signal jammer can't do anything about short-ranged local communications of this type - the Enginseer cycles bands too quickly and too effectively to ever feel the full force of the noisemaker's static injections into his commands.

The remaining Sniper, having watched Grug fry two of his comrades, snaps off a max-power laser shot at the hideous scruntlet and then begins to aim for a double-tap. Centre mass on a scrunt is somewhere near the knees, though, and the shot impacts harmlessly into cover. Spalling speckles the gunnerscrunt, but none of the shards penetrate his thick layer of blubber.

The Servitors move with un-servitor-like speed as they drop their crates and make for the scrunts. Looks like with the guidance of a friendly techpriest, these ones can do double-duty as shock troops - they might be slow, but they look tough, strong, and unlike most basic models, they might actually be able to hit the broad side of a barn once in a while. They twitch and weave as they stamp closer.

Drekk moves to cover himself, readying himself to vault the barricades once he's caught his breath. Vambrace readied, he clutches his sword and shield in his fists.

Grumb, finally glad to have the opportunity to pick on someone his own size, levels his new meltacannon at the unsuspecting Ogryn nearest his scruntpack. Unfortunately the device is a tempremental one, and it kicks and bucks wildly as the gunner holds down the firing stud, whooping loudly. Large chunks of wall end up melted to slag, but the Ogryn remains unscathed - and now fireteam 1 can see Grumb!

Grimply answers the age old question - quis iaculet ipsos iaculatores? The answer, apparently, is that they snipe themselves - not very well though, as they know all the tricks. The remaining sniper catches the dot of a scope dancing across his torso, and jerks back in alarm, causing the full power of Grimply's blast to miss his face. He's burned bad, but not critically so, and he's still got a bead on Grug...

The Ogryns, last to react as ever, are goaded by the shouted encouragement of the armsmen into action. Covering behind their massive tower shields, and clutching their ripper guns in one meaty fist, they stomp towards the scrunts, bellowing defiance.

The Turrets bleep, ominously.

---

scrunt

groin disappoints

mung OHKOs sniper 2 - solid hit, solid..er damage with bonus righteous fury

troopers load unusual ammunition via the magic of Rapid Reload and aim at scrunts as follows:

6 = grug; 1 = grumb; 2 = drekk; 3 + 4 = grimply; 5 = yurik

grug sort of fucks up his grenade - 70 vs BS 50. it scatters east by 3m. why aren't your loving chem grenade stats on your charsheet you rear end in a top hat aaaaaagh i just spent like ten minutes looking for them. dick. anyway the troopers are melted.

gumbo dissolves

mechboy boots up turrets (half-action) and uses the other half-action to guide the servitors. the signal jammer is ineffective at stopping him guiding the servitors, but, as this is merely a roleplaying action, tough.

sniper 1 attacks, then aims for next turn at Grug. he connects in the body (BS + 10 standard + 10 range), doing 13 damage, pen 2 before soak. so, no damage.

servitors do a Run action, so -20 to hit next turn before they charge targets of opportunity.

drekk Runs so as to get the -20 to hit; vambrace is forearm mounted and you can hold stuff in your hands when using it.

grumb misses with his multimelta, and scatters south-west by five metres, doing no harm, and doing no good. he melts a bit of wall, removing some cover from the battlefield

grimply wounds a sniper a bit. small arms is probably gonna kill him, he's nearly down.

ogryns get movin' movin'.

turrets have begun initiation.

get busy killin' or get busy being charged by dudes that can probably one-shot you

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug

Watching the effect of the chem grenade on the troopers reminds Grug of the moment in the chimera; he appreciates the peeling flesh and foaming mouths in the same way. His fugue is rudely interrupted by a las blast, 'Feck! Grumb mate, I got a bad feeling about those beeping gun... '
Before he can finish the sentence something else startles him, '...FECK'

will I have a better chance of hitting the servitor with 2 semi auto shots? If it makes no difference I'll go full auto. Sorry, still stuck phone posting, no rule books to hand.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

"Go fack yerself!" Mung proudly exclaims as he shockingly outsniped the sniper. He takes a second to glance around quickly, his comm jammer catching brief bursts of techpriest commands to servitors and turrets. Once Mung realizes that the nerd is planning to turn on the turrets, he springs into action. He sprints out of cover, shouting at the tech priest, "You fakken nerd better hope you die afore we're done or I'm going to give you a turbo wedgie and rip yer butthole in half!"

---

Sprinting forward toward the turret consoles. Moving to F7 if I can, G10 otherwise.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Sep 7, 2016

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Drekk
The Hangover: Scrunt Edition
Malbrathia-3

Sprinting as fast as his scrunty little legs can carry him, Drekk pressed an arm on the wall and panted scruntily.

"OGRYN SMASH!"

He edged closer and saw a big, ugly, freak of a man. But Drekk was envious of what he had: Giant shield, and a chunky gun with a chipped bayonet that clearly indicates the gun has been used more as a melee weapon than a proper firearm.

He snaps out of his brief stupor and aims his Pyrophoric Vambrace at the abhuman.

*FWOORRSH*

---

Half-move to get the best shot of the Ogryn and make him the first recipient (he should be honored!) of my Nifty Pyophoric Vambrace.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Current Boltgun Clip: 15/24
Murdelia starting machinegunning down the same abhuman Drekk is trying to gently caress up.

Half Action Aim Half Action SA-Burst. Comrade assists so TN 60.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Grumb Slanger, western perimeter

Grumb huffs and puffs, growing visibly embarrassed that his backpack seemed to only be full of melta ammo. His companion Grug had forgotten to bring his auxiliary guns along, yet again! Grumb would have to remember to discipline him if they made it out of this alive. "Dangol' mess'n always he be up this one up again he does," Grumb mumbles to himself.

Grumb's target priority changes as he sees the whirring mechanical man trundling its way toward his Grug. Visually assessing the situation, Grumb determines that this armored mechanoid looks like it could use a tan. Peering out from makeshift cover, he lets loose a mighty blast of heat.

---------------------------
Aim and fire on Servitor 1 with Bernie.

Bernie (Multimelta - Heavy / 60m / s/-/- / 2d10+16E / pen ~24~ / clip12 / rld Full / Melta, Blast1)

BS 50 + Standard Attack 10 + aim 10 + comrade volley 5 + short range 10 = 85. I roll a 33 for five degrees of success. 2d10+16 E damage (9,5) for a total of 30E with 24 pen.

I'm rereading the combat rules, and it looks like melta weapons are single shot, so they do not get extra damage for multiple successes, but they DO get a +10 to my attack rolls for Standard Attack. Is this accurate?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 12, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
???
Fate Points 1/2
Wounds 12/12
Local Area Map

Adrenaline may have chased the lingering inebriation from his mind, but as a mixer it didn't sit well with the remnants of whatever toxic brew Yurik had ingested to reach such a state in the first place. His pale skin was clammier than usual and it was up in the air which hole his next emission was likely to issue from, but the Loremaster had bigger problems to worry about at the moment...literally in the case of the ogryn, which as a subspecies was to humies what humies were to scrunts, that is to say far larger and infinitely stupider. You didn't need to be intelligent to be a menace though, as Grumb Slanger could no doubt testify.

Beyond the malaise currently afflicting him, though, Yurik could finally feel the fluttering strands of other psyches wandering within the clawing, grasping reach of his own, the by-now familiar sensation of a humie mind and the dull, plodding consciousness that could only belong to the ogryn currently stomping in their general direction. It was a trivial matter to grab hold of both of them, cracking them like reins as he directed them to attack one-another..the wise scrunt, he knew, turned his enemy's strength against him (he was the wise scrunt in this aphorism, which he has made up himself for expressly this reason).

Okay, so I will be using Dominate this round, it's a full action so it's also ALL I can do. The overall TN for using it at Unfettered, which I need to do in order to have range on it, is 80 and it can affect 2 targets (psy 3 divided by 2 round up), and as it turns out at 15 meters range I can get both the ogryn and someone in the soldier group labeled 5, which I will do. The command I'll issue is for them to attack each other, hopefully dealing damage as well as sowing some confusion given the less-than-intelligent nature of ogryns. Or maybe it'll hilariously backfire, who knows.

That's a 25 for an overall total of 6 DoS. Both targets have to pass an opposed Willpower roll to resist, and if not then, well, they have to attack one another. No doubles so no hilarious psychic phenomena yet.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, CQC sniping

Grimply wants to either shoot the ogryn(even if that means shooting into melee) or the servitor in front of him. If the other scrunts(Drekk and Murdelia so far) have a handle on the ogryn, I'd rather target the servitor. Same if the fucker just charges towards me unmolested. Shooting is the same deal as before

28 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

25+5 energy at 3 pen

Oh boy that's some damage to a face right there

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 32(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
Feck

Groin pokes his hosed up tiny head over his cover toward the turrets, and the turret controls.

He notices the turrets are aimed directly at him.

Feck.

His cowardly devious mind hatches a plan. If he can't see the turrets, then the turrets can't see him!

"Hold on fellas I gat this!" he yells, clutching a smoke grenade from his belt.

Quick Draw free action to equip Smoke Grenade (pretty sure this is allowed?), Modify Payload on the grenade, Half-Action to activate the Smoke Grenade but hold it in his hand.

Another Half Action to run toward the turret controls while holding the smoke grenade.

Moola fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 18, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Cheers Love, The Scruntvalry's Here
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQ62a9bxqc

Groin finally reacts the way he usually does to external stimulus - by emitting choking fumes. He fruitlessly attempts to cram more burning lint into the smoke grenade's aperture with his tongue, but soon the hissing rush of choking cloud is too much for him to handle and he has to stop. He clutches the fizzing smoke 'nade in his non-robotic hand as he staggers towards the northern turret controls, unable to see a loving thing. With a jolt, he realises he's pressed up against Grug, who rumbles, companionably.

Mung dashes forwards, waddling into place behind a conveniently-placed tank, as Yurik decides to fiddle with some minds. He sows some deeply upsetting seeds in the minds of the closest Ogryn and one of the troopers from fireteam #5 - previously the two individuals had gotten on rather well, but now, a momentary, violent racial hatred consumes the both of them as they roar and turn on each other. Even if they survive this, Yurik will doubtless have slain their friendship. The monster.

The troopers, having racked, loaded and aimed, begin to start picking off scrunts. Team 6 blaze away into the smoke, drawing an expert bead on the hulking figure of Grug even through the haze. Tracer rounds zip and zing, sending the stench of cordite and pyrotheum byproducts wafting through the landing pad area. Most shots impact harmlessly into the tank, but a couple of lucky richochets impact meatily into Grug's shoulders. Flesh wounds, but quite nasty ones. What smells like thick oil begins to ooze out from the tank behind which the scrunts cower, which, given the fact that tracer rounds are in play, is a bit concerning.

Team 1 hose down Grumb's position with automatic fire, sending yet more flaming shots whistling into the oily barricade. A couple of rounds manage to connect - one makes it to within an inch of the gunner's melta-hefting arm before being whipped into an entirely new trajectory by his complaining refractor field, but the other drills the gunner straight between the eyes. He shakes his head, groggily, but with no apparent harm done.

Teams 3 and 4 just completely open up on Grimply's position, sending a truly unbelievable amount of flaming lead towards the diminutive scrunt. Even more unbelievable is the fact that not one of the shots actually comes close to hitting the little fucker - maybe it's the dodging and jerking of the servitor pair that's throwing off their aim, but none of the four men manage to so much as scratch the sniper.

Team 5 are split - one of them rightly wishes to kill Yurik, for all his horribleness, whereas the other wishes to see Ogryn blood hit the floor. The one attacking the Ogryn gets lucky - the abhuman hasn't brought his shield to bear yet, and so a concerted burst of lead actually manages to break the skin on the hulking creature. Blood! The one attacking Yurik gets luckier still, sending a wonderfully controlled burst into the scrunt. Not one but three rounds seem to dart round cover to seek his scrawny flesh, and even more richochet out and around, filling the scrunt with lead and sending him sprawling out of cover, unconscious and quickly bleeding to dea

The one attacking Yurik doesn't get quite so lucky, sending a wonderfully controlled burst into where the scrunt was a heartbeat ago. A couple of shots penetrate the tank behind which he cowers, and a faint "yee" of pain can be heard, but it seems like only a mild flesh wound.

Grug stands his ground and blasts a fusillade of sparking energy at the servitors bearing down at him. Even with the smoke to contend with, he's still a pretty good shot - jolt after jolt thuds into the armoured servitors, and one falls smoking to the ground with a thundering crash as its head explodes like an over-ripe melon, that has been shot by a high-yield laser weapon. The other servitor gets a bit scorched, too.

Murdelia whips off a three-round bolter burst at the Ogryn towering over Drekk - she's one of the few scrunts carrying a weapon actually capable of hurting the colossus, and such is the angle that she manages to get in to the side of its shield. The heavy, armour-piercing projectiles detonate inside the huge creature with a pair of muted crumps, and it howls in simple agony as fist-sized clumps of viscera are blown out of its torso. It's still standing, though.

The Adeptus Mechanicus adept has heard the characteristic vvviiippWOOOOOM of a melta cannon discharge, and, terrified though he is, realises that no amount of sandbags can save him from that thing. He springs to his feet, bringing a curious, whirring contraption to bear on the rough patch of smoke where he thought he heard the blast come from. With a chattering crack, a hail of needle-like micromunitions erupt from the device attached to his shoulder - they're so fast and sharp that practically nothing can stand in their way, but they're so miniscule that they do practically no damage to whatever they do hit. They pass, like a knife through butter, through the tank behind which Grumb is lurking, churning the oil; unfortunately, none of them actually do any damage to the gunner, and even though he's jabbed by one or two, he doesn't register it.

The remaining sniper aims once more, and, choosing his moment, cracks off a shot at the thick skull of Grug. It's a wonderful shot, overcharged and everything - unfortunately, it's at precisely this moment that he realises that thick drift of smoke wasn't actually a scrunt, but was instead a peculiarly nasty gargoyle inscribed on the edge of the fuel tank. Grug remains gormlessly unaware of the lasblast that would have detonated his head like a pinata full of tomato soup.

The servitors begin their attack runs; the one raked by Grug's laserfire barrels into Groin, whereas the two unscathed creations attempt to bring Murdelia down. However, the momentary lapse in instruction from the Techpriest appears to have hampered their attack protocols - the one attacking Groin goes far too high in his attack, whereas the ones lunging for Murdelia only manage a half-way successful attempt by virtue of numbers. The second servitor brings its massive piston-like fist on the scrunt's thigh, an overture that makes up in enthusiasm for what it lacks in welcomeness. The bone's not splintered, but it's a near thing - the medic won't be able to shrug off another attack like that.

Drekk steps up to the huge abhuman bearing down on him, and mutters those famous words beloved by stage magicians everywhere - "Something up my sleeve, babe, watch out, watch out!". He hoses the creature down with caustic metal powder from his concealed vambrace - the Ogryn's shield melts like butter before a blowtorch, and the creature screams gutturally as it is wreathed in flames!

Grumb thinks closely about how much he really likes Groin, before shrugging, placing his multimelta against the chest of the encroaching servitor, and holding down the firing stud until a few metal limbs fall to the ground. Grimply, by contrast, won't even spare the limbs - he draws a bead on the shrieking, flaming Ogryn standing in front of Drekk, and, sighting carefully, removes its leg at the hip with a supercharged beam of energy. It dies pretty much instantly of shock.

The other Ogryn, by contrast, simply might as well have no legs. He winds up angrily, pivoting on his heel and stamping towards the puny trooper who dared shoot him - and trips moments before impact, sprawling massively onto the ground and failing to accomplish anything of any loving use whatsoever. Yurik groans inwardly as the abhuman totteringly picks itself up again.

The turrets whirr and click as they go through startup routines... as, beneath the party, something oozes.

---

scrunt

groin overclocks his smoke 'nade with a tech-use test; he fails, barely, with a 32. rip. his movement doesn't actually take that much of a wandering path; i'm just doing that to make it clearer where he's gone.

smoke doesn't actually completely obscure your sight; it only applies -20 to attempts to shoot you. i will, however, play it with XCOM rules where trooper will prioritise taking easy shots against high-value targets, meaning a smokescreen does in fact mean people just won't bother shooting at you. it's just that the troopers have aimed during the previous round at you guys, so will continue to fire at scrunts they aimed at so as to not waste actions.

a cloud this big, i'm gonna have to apply a -20 to attempts to shoot out of it, too.

mung sprints

yurik actually only barely succeeded - decent rolls for wp resistance coupled with the +20 for "self-harming acts" mean the trooper and ogryn got quite a few DoS. not enough, though! and they attack each other.

troopers get their gun on. half-aim, fire with Sawn-Off Autoguns loaded with Tracer Rounds.

grug aims and full-autos the servitors. that's BS - 20 (smoke) + 10 (aim) + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) = TN 45, diceroll 12 for 4DoS, 5 thanks to Lasgun Volley. 5 hits at pen 1 - he kills one messily, starts on the second

murdelia gets ogryn with 2 rounds. does a respectable 17 damage! assume it's gonna be shielding against you next turn; it didn't like that.

admech is annoyed you have a melta. he wants a melta!! all he has is an adapted integrated mass driver from the Lathe Worlds DH supplement (and Shield of Humanity) that has monstrous PEN but practically no damage! he half-action stands, half-action aims, and MIU-weapon-interface shoots at Grumb. he is not successful, but rolls the sex number, and thus should be commended.

sniper does a Called Shot at grug's exposed head, being a Sharpshooter and all. unfortunately, he misses by a whisker thanks to smoke. the shot would have blown grug's head clean off, so lucky grenade, huh?

servitors charge - really loving badly. one of them connects with Murdelia by virtue of it being an outnumbered charge - she fails to dodge. 14 damage to the leg pre-soak, so that's 9 damage in total, dropped to 7 thanks to Unnatural Toughness. drugs work.

drekk hoses the ogryn down with caustic metal. he does not dodge - he takes four damage, has his shield melted and flak armour suit damaged (3AP now), and is on fire.

grumb just annihilates the attacking servitor. sure, it's -20 for smoke and -20 for firing into melee, but it's point-blank and you had enough DoS to make it work. groin is not caught in the blast radius.

grimply shoots ogryn. sorry if this was unintended, but you specified "i'll shoot into melee" for the ogryn but not the servitors. ogryn leg ceases to be a leg anymore. ogryn ceases to be an ogryn!!

other ogryn charges the dude that shot him - this could easily be a OHKO!! except the ogryn rolls a natural 100. welp.

turrets continue initiation. two rounds left, third round they will fire upon thee with great wrath and furious vengeance.

:siren: chuggo can join whenever LiquidDinosaur is ready

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 19, 2016

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Mungly Mung

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOErZuzZpS8

Mung squats behind the fuel tank for a second and peeks over the edge. If he keeps running he can make it to the turret control to disable them. However, upon checking to the left, he spots the ogryn that had decided to go give the fuel tank that one element of the fire team was hiding behind a hug. Not one to leave an opportunity like this to go to waste, he indulges in his not so secret joy of pyromania. He draws out his flamey burncaster and leans around his fuel tank and unleashes a fuel mist at the cluster of foes and yells "Yer fired, fackin dumbshits!" before hitting the ignition switch.

-----

Half action draw my burncaster, half action fire at fire team 5 and the ogryn and the big rear end can of gas they are hiding behind.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Sep 19, 2016

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Wounds: 5/12
"GET THIS FECKING gently caress OF AH ME!" Murdelia screams over the microbead as she draws her autopistol from somewhere on her scrunty webgear, holding the bolter in her offhand as she begins firing wildly at the servitor.

Half Action to draw the autopistol, free action to hold the bolter in the offhand, Half Action to full auto burst in melee. TN 40 with comrade bonuses I think?

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Grug It's only a flesh wound
Wounds: 6/12

'FEEEEECK HAHHAHA', he squeels, mashing the firing stud.

'FECK', he squeeks, jolting in pain.

'YEEEEeeeee', he shrieks, running away

Doing a Run to the north, taking cover in the turret controls. If it doesn't provide any cover, put me out of sight of the sniper (G2?)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Groin Sklunger
YEE

Groin coughs and heaves as smoke from his grenade fills his lungs and weapons fire pew pews around him.

"Feckin heck!" he hecks.

He makes a break for where he thinks the nearest turret controls are while death gripping his still active smoke grenade.

Run for the turret controls while holding smoke grenade.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Suddenly, the ground underneath Murdella and the servitors rustles. about two meters to their left, on tile 16-V, a muffled, scroungy squelching sound can be heard. After a brief moment of stillness, a high pressured geyser of brownish green industrial runoff spurts out of the hole propelling with it a hideous, ragged, practically zombified lump of melty, pink flesh, with a matted, slime-slicked orange beard and a warty, turgid schnozz. Immediately behind it, another shape sputters out. This one little more than a congealed mass of greenish brown effluvium, molded into the crude shape of a twisted tiny, hosed up person, wedged awkwardly inside a set of fatigues.

"CHUGGO!" The bearded, scrunty abomination screams
This lovely beast shouts out,
"MRRRRAAGGHGHHHGHH!! oval office! FEKKIN HURTS. FUCKIN, KILL ALL 'EM FEKKIN FUCKS. PEW PEW, K'SHING! "
( this is a successful GET THEM! Order)

"KILL'M, CLUNGE, " Chuggo gibberss, initiating a Close Quarters action with the sack of jelly that passes for his comrade.
roll: 56, target 75. Hit.
Chuggo hacks into the servitors, doing 19 damage, a righteously furious blow against the foe's of scruntkind!
The servitor's chest is all hosed up with most of its skin gone and it's internal wiring and tubing exposed. (It will be stunned for one round, and needs to roll toughness +0 or experience Blood Loss. But lets be real here I probably just killed it)

Chuggo then moves closer to Murdella, putting himself between her and the survivng servitor. and out of the line of fire of the entrenched Guardsmen.

"Murdella, Yer... yer real fine lookin' in the robbit goo 'n the laser beams. How 'bout a date, later? Maybe we get a little scrunty under th' bleachers? We cin watch th' big scruntball game?. Wen these fekkin robots n' poo poo are dead?
Chuggo waggles his eyebrows and flashes his most seductive grin. Can love bloom on an active battlefield, while still locked in melee combat with at least one killer robot???

(at least can Murdella owe Chuggo a favor?)

Chuggo
Wounds 12/12
Fate 3/3

code:
Name: Chuggo
Regiment: PENAL WORLD (+3 T, +3 Ag)
Specialty: Sergeant—>Brawler
Comrade: Clunge

Sergeant:   [s]Weapon Skill, Toughness, Strength, Fellowship, Leadership, Defense, Perception[/s]
Brawler:     Weapon Skill, Toughness, Strength, Agility, Finesse, Offense

Weapon Skill: 	45 | [20+20][+5 Advance]
 Ballistic Skill: 	26 | [20+06]
 Strength:		30 | [20+10]
 Toughness: 		41 | [20+16][+3 penal][-3 light infantry][+5 Advance]
 Agility:		40 | [20+14][+3 penal][+3 light infantry]
 Intelligence: 		26 | [20+06] 
 Perception: 		32 | [20+12] 
 Willpower: 		32 | [20+12]
 Fellowship: 		37 | [20+12] [+5 Sgt]

20, 16,14, 12,12,12, 10, 6, 6

Wounds: 12/12 (10 + 1(roll) + 1(regiment)
 Fate: 3/3
 IP: 0
 CP: 0

Armor:
 Head: [2] Body: [3] Arms: [0] Legs: [4]

==Skills==
Intimidate
Linguistics (Scrunt)
Peer (Underworld)
Command +20
Navigate (Surface)
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Dodge
Parry +20

==Talents==
Peer (Underworld)
Double Team
Sprint
Iron Discipline
Weapon Training (Chain, SP, Low Tech)
Air of Authority
Counter Attack
Ambidextrous
Street Fighting
Berserk Charge
Swift Attack

==Traits==
Scrunty: (for all intents and purposes of Normal size, except 
for narrative purposes like fitting through gaps or hiding in garbage etc.)

Criminal: (+10 to scavenge/requisition tests for 
illegal stuff e.g. rare drugs, horse porn etc.)

Scavengers: (+10 to scavenge/requisition test for anything 
at all, if desired. However, rolls of doubles - 22, 33 etc. - attract negative attention!)

==Orders== 
Covering Fire
—Sweeting Order (Free):All Comrades in communications range fire wildly at the 
enemy, keeping them pinned down and protecting their fellows from retaliation. 
For the next Round, all Player Characters with 
their Comrade in Cohesion gain a +10 to all Dodge Tests.

GET THEM!
—Sweeping Order(Free):Sergeant must make a Challenging (+0) Command Test. If he succeeds, all 
Comrades in communications range become inspired by the Sergeant’s fervour, 
charging into battle with a renewed zeal. For the next Round, when 
performing the Ranged Volley or Close Quarters Orders, the Comrades
 grant their controlling Player Character an additional +4 Damage to the affected Melee or Ranged attack

==Comrade Advances==

•SNAP OUT OF IT!
—Sweeping Order(Free): Effect: As part of this order, the Sergeant must make a 
Challenging (+0) Intimidate or Command Test. If he succeeds, all Comrades in communication 
range end any ongoing Fear or Pinning effects. They may act normally in subsequent Turns.

***Gear***
•GQ Chainsword (Melee, 1d10+2 R +SB, pen2, tearing, balanced, +5 WS)
•BQ Knife (Melee/thrown,5m 1d5+4 R+SB, pen2, +10 WS)
•CHUGGO’S CHAINSWORD: (Melee, 1d10+2 R +SB, pen0, tearing, balanced, Vengeful (9), Righteous Fury=hallucinogenic (0))
•CHUGGO CANNON: (Pistol / 18m / S/3/- / 1d10+4 I / pen 0 / clip 9 / Full / Scatter, Sawn-Off [+2dmg at close range])
•CHUGGO’S BOOTS: 4ap legs, +50 T to resist non-weapon toxic damage to legs.

•Scrunt Rifle (Autogun - Basic / 100m / S/3/10 / 1d10+3 I / pen 0 / clip 30 / Full )
•Scrunt Melee Weapon (Mono-truncheon - Melee, 1d10 I +SB, pen2)
•Knife       (Melee/thrown,5m 1d5+3 R+SB, pen0)
•Light flak, (2AP, 3AP torso, +1 to indirect explosions)

•BQ Displacer Field (rating 55, Overload on 01, User scatters 3d10 meters from starting point. If all three dice come up the same value, gain 1 Corruption point and return 1d5 rounds later. If surprised, the player may not act the round they return. )

•2x frag grenades
•2x smoke grenades
•2x injector marked with EXPERIMENTAL COMBAT DRUG
•2x fire grenades
•A Narratively Infinite Amount Of Ammunition That Runs Out As Soon As It Is Abused
•General tools, clothing, dead rats etc. If it's reasonable 
for a soldier to have, you have it. Pliers and 
rain hoods yes; plasma batteries and ornamental plate armour, no.

==Combat Block==

==Combat Block==

Name: CHUGGO’S CHAINSWORD
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 1d10+2+SB    Type: R     Pen: 0
Range:  —      RoF:  -        Clip: -         Rld: -
Special: Tearing, Balanced, Vengeful (9), Righteous Fury=Hallucinogenic (0)

Name: CHUGGO CANNON
Class: Pistol  Dmg: 1d10+4    Type:  I     Pen: 0
Range:  18  RoF: S/3/–    Clip: 9     Rld: Full
Special: Scatter, Sawn-Off [+2 dmg at close range]

Name: GQ Chainsword
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 1d10+2+SB    Type: R     Pen: 2
Special: Tearing, Balanced, +5 WS

Name: BQ Mono Knife
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 1d5+4    Type: R       Pen: 0
Special: Tearing +10 WS

Name: Scrunt Rifle
Class: Basic  Dmg: 1d10+3   Type:  I     Pen: 0
Range:  100m   RoF: S/3/10    Clip: 30     Rld: Full
Special:

Name: “Scruncheon” —Scrunt Melee Weapon
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 1d10    Type: I     Pen: 2
Special: 

Name: Knife
Class:  Melee  Dmg: 1d5+3    Type: R       Pen: 0
Special:

Armor:
 Head: [2] Body: [3] Arms: [0] Legs: [4]

==Aptitudes==
 Fellowship
 Leadership
 Intelligence
 Social
 Toughness
 Weapon Skill

==XP==
200: GET THEM!
200: SNAP OUT OF IT!
500: Command +20
600: Parry +20
200: Air of Authority
300: Counter Attack
100: Toughness +5
100: WS +5
200: Berserk Charge
300: Swift Attack
300: Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee)

Total: 3200
Spent: 3000
Left:200

f

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Nov 27, 2016

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Grimply, hiding behind swiss cheese

I'm not that comfortable with leaving my position just yet, so let's snipe some mans in team 3

44 vs 95(45+10 short +10 accurate +20 aim)

16+5 energy at 3 pen

"New' Scrunt Eye" Energy Sniper Rifle with Scope(Longlas - Best/ 150m / s/-/- / 1d10+3E / pen1 / clip 28(40) / full round reload / Accurate, Reliable, Felling (1))

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yurik Scraglagger
???
Fate Points 1/2
Wounds 7/12
Local Area Map

Yurik was having a very difficult day so far.

For starters, and this was eliding over everything that had come before such as the hangover and the unpleasant shock of awakening in the middle of a military encampment surrounded by angry humies with guns, he had just been shot. Thanks to his supernatural sense of foresight it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but any amount of being shot at was less than optimal in his opinion. The pain of bullets grazing uncomfortably close to his fragile and extremely valuable flesh was enough to chase the last lingering remnants of drunkenness from his system, though his head still pounded both from the aftereffects of the potent brew as well as the effort it had taken to turn the ogryn and the humie soldiers against one another.

The sudden and rather disgusting appearance of a strangely familiar yet vastly more disturbing scrunt also didn't help his temperament any. There were times that having a mind which retained any and all information with perfect clarity was a curse as much as a blessing, and Yurik knew that even with the aid of more of Mung's special recipe that the sight of Chuggo's glistening nose would haunt him for the rest of his life.

A life which he very much wanted to keep as intact as possible for as long as possible, and so pushing aside the pain he reached out once more and grabbed hold of the aetherial strings leading to the minds of the soldiers he'd subverted once already, hoping to bring a swift and decisive end to the fight by turning the person who seemed most like they were in charge into a bloody smear on the ground. ~Get that facker!~ came the wordless command as the Loremaster's red eyes fixated upon the tech-priest huddled fearfully behind the sandbags.

Doing the same thing as before only instead of urging them to kill each other I'm compelling them to Get that facker!, aka the Tech-Priest. Same numbers as before, TN 80, affecting both the ogryn and soldiermans #5, and a roll of 30 means that like before it's 6 DoS, contesting Willpower roll, etc.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I don't have access to my computer right now so :effort: scrunting. Drekk is going to sprint to the left turrets as close as possible. If he can get behind some sort of cover, that'd be nice.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hey guys, new job and family medical poo poo going on today so Grumb probably just shoots at the closest biggest target available.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Murdelia
Wounds: 5/12

Murdelia shouts as she draws her autopistol and starts spraying the servitor up close while screaming curses.

Half action to draw, half action to full auto Burst. Comrade helps so TN 40 to hit, reroll failed shot with a fate point. Damage will be 1d10+4 per shot because MIGHTY SHOT.

Also I'm guessing I just need to be IN MELEE to provide the double team bonus for Chuggo so chuggo can megadunk him.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 1, 2016

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

VERY Fast Scrunt Running at Incredible Hihg Speed
The Refinery
Malbrathia-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqDqn3YdS-s

Groin, yeeing frantically, scurries up to the computer console ahead of him, billowing smoke from the grenade clutched in his organic hand. His metal one roves lasciviously over the console in front of him; who knows what it might get up to if he gives it time?

Mung, by contrast, yees frantically as he grubs up his pyrocaster into a working condition. He jets out a billow of aerosolised fuel from the creaking, groaning device, following it up with the laser detonation beam a few milliseconds later. Fireteams 3, 4 and 5 are caught in the blast, along with the remaining Ogryn and the Techpriest skulking behind the sandbag barricades. More to the point, the Aquila's wing is caught by the corner of the cloud, and paint begins to peel as its wiring catches light! If this reaches the fuel lines...

With astounding grace and style - almost like it's a practiced drill - the entirety of Fireteams 3 and 4 vault their sandbag barricades as they see Mung sighting and firing, crouching to avoid the rumbling blast. A member of Fireteam 5 twists out of the way at the last second, but his companion is less lucky, and takes the blast full on; he is badly scorched, and, screaming, catches alight. The Ogryn and the Mechanicus are too slow and cumbersome to avoid the firey blast, but take comparatively minor damage - the blast has dissipated by the time it hits the Tech Adept, and his (her?) natural toughness and machine-flesh absorb the bulk of the heat, fire-retardant robes failing to ignite. The Ogryn's just big - it takes him longer to warm up, and he, too, doesn't seem to catch light. The fuel tank, on the other hand, begins to blister and smoke as patches of Mung's fuel mixture adhere to its surface.

Yurik, irritated by his brush with death and his wounds, conveys this irritation into a psychic payload and injects it into the minds of the nearest Ogryn and the non-flaming member of team 5. His chosen target for this irritation is the enemy techpriest; spreading such casual petty racism is yet another way in which the psyscrunt makes the world a lesser place by his presence.

The troopers react quickly to the onslaught - team one and team six blaze away at Grug and Grumb, reasoning that the multimelta represents the clearest threat to their continued existence as non-piles-of-ash. They ignore Groin for now. Teams three and four hop back over the barricades and fire off a rushed volley of shots at Mung as he crouches behind his tank. Several stray bullets glance off the Ogryn's armour, but its monomaniacal focus on taking down the techpriest means that it pays them no heed.

Grumb remains unscathed from the torrent of fire, shrugging off the few stray ricochets that impact on his flak armour. Grug is less lucky - withering fire rakes his unarmoured, scrunty little legs, and he bites down a yelp of agony as his kneecap is almost torn off by a glancing round. He totters a little, but remains standing - he's in bad shape, though. Mung cowers as shots whistle and whine over his head - a few shots strike home, but his armour prevents all but superficial damage. A couple of muffled curses and shrieks can be heard over the din of combat - the unstable tracer ammunition that the troopers are using seems to have detonated prematurely in a couple of magazines, including the one belonging to the soldier psychically dominated by Yurik. His companion collapses to the ground, smouldering.

The tank behind which Grumb and Grug are cowering splinters and fractures under the sheer weight of fire poured into it. Mostly it holds together, soaking several hits that would otherwise have hit home in gruesome fashion, but it's unlikely to provide as much protection as it did a few moments ago. Oil sloshes from ruptures and rents in its steel skin.

Grug, limping and frothing, dashes up to the cover provided by the western heavy laser turrets, flanking fireteam 6.

With a deafening roar, Chuggo erupts from the facility's chemical-drenched depths, hacking a servitor to death with a searing swipe of his clanking chainsword before manoeuvring round to get a better angle of attack. While his timely intervention may well have saved Murdelia's life, it'd probably be nice if help didn't appear in such a violently distressing form - startled by his sudden emergence, the medic is jolted off-course with her autopistol burst and only a couple of rounds strike home. They punch out a couple of fist-sized holes in the machineman, but it's still swinging for her!

Speaking of machinemen, the Adeptus Mechanicus, realising that Yurik's been loitering behind an oil tank for a while now, blasts a cloud of shards towards the psyscrunt. The creature must have some sort of plan, possibly related to the fact that the Ogryn's acting strange - safest to just kill the fucker, especially as the troopers are keeping that melta pinned down.

The world twists for a second as two contradictory timelines suddenly attempt to reconcile. In one of them, Yurik smugly dodges the hypervelocity projectiles, skipping harmlessly out of the way of them. In another, the scrunt takes a barrage of flensing metal to the chest and upper body, sending him crashing to the ground as whistling shards tear his torso to ribbons. Unfortunately, the amount of psionic disturbance the creature has created recently - rewriting minds and timelines with equal abandon - means the struggle doesn't quite go Yurik's way. A third reality births itself and swiftly overwrites the other two options - Yurik is badly wounded by the Mechanicus' weaponry, and also, bizarrely, produces a colossal psionic belch-fart-shart that momentarily sickens everyone within a sixty-metre radius.

The remaining sniper, aware of a foul malfeasance clawing at his noses' soul, is too distracted to aim properly at Grumb. The overcharged lasblast sails far over the gunner's headnecktorso. He curses. In the meantime, the remaining servitor swipes its huge metal claws at Chuggo but the scrunt - the scrunt? - barely has to raise his chainsword to fend off the attack.

A casual observer of Drekk probably wouldn't assume that over short distances he's faster on his feet than a Reaver Jetbike, but appearances can be deceiving. Like a fetid, yeeing comet, he plunges into the machinery supporting the western turrets.

Grumb is feeling a little put-apon. Apart from the whole "servitors want me dead" thing, worryingly accurate tracer fire keeps slamming into his location, and while not much of it hurts yet, the operative word is yet. He levels his melta cannon at fireteam one and depresses the firing stud again - a large expanse of sandbag cover is flashed into jagged, glassy ash, along with a soldier too slow to dive for safety. One member of the team remains, however - but he's not in cover any more, and an easy target for anyone.

Grimply is just that anyone. Originally drawing a bead on an unfortunate member of team 3, he swiftly snaps his target to the unscathed member of team 1 once he realises the whole cover situation. A ruby lance of light spears the unfortunate trooper, and he drops like a stone as his heart combusts.

The remaining Ogryn bellows defiance, before spinning on his heel and crashing his way into the Techpriest, leaping the barricades with great strides of his treetrunk-like legs and smashing his ripper gun into the side of the machineman. The attack is nearly dodged, but force still remains - the techpriests' right arm snaps at the elbow with a sickening crunch. However, this doesn't seem to impair his combat effectiveness all that much - he's still standing, and he doesn't need arms to use his shoulder-mounted rail launcher. As the mists of deception clear from the Ogryn, he bellows again - this time in guilt and sorrow.

----

scrunt

groin moves, smokes

mung doesn't realise how big a 20m-long 30-degree isosceles triangle is, and catches most of the enemies with his flamer. he also clips the parked vehicle that's your only ticket out of here, and this is with me being generous and angling the flame template to hit as many dudes as possible rather than centralising the blast on the ogryn and team 5. the aquila has no pilot at present so it pretty much auto-catches fire and will start rolling for destruction at the end of next round. same for the big fuel tank. should it explode, it will detonate as a battle cannon round.

hilariously, everyone gets incredible luck on the dodge rolls, but hey, they're mostly out of cover now. one dude from FT5, the ogryn, and the techpriest all get hit. the damage is considerable, but only a fireteam member actually gets set on fire. p cool how deathsandwich's terrible luck with dice has infected both games of mine that he's in.

yurik wins the battle of minds convincingly.

troopers do stuff. i forgot that team 2 should have a cloud of chemsmoke where they were standing as the chem grenade lingers for three rounds. so it's back again to take a bow for its final round.
  • team 1 fire at both grug and grumb, splitting hits evenly - TN = BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) + 10 (half aim) = total TN of BS + 10. first two dicerolls are team 1 - 4DoS from one guy, translated up to 6 hits for tracer ammo.
  • team 6 fire at both grug and grumb, splitting hits evenly - TN = BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) + 10 (half aim) = total TN of BS + 10. second two dicerolls are team 6 - 3DoS from one guy, translated up to 4 hits for tracer ammo.
  • damage for teams 1 + 6 is as follows. hit locations are here, damage rolls are here, dodge rolls are here. grug gets 2DoS on the dodging, meaning he dodges the last two hits - lucky, because they're on his uncovered head and arm. grumb soaks all damage thanks to cover, armour, toughness, but the cover is now damaged. :siren: grug is brought down to crit 2 :siren: with a couple of unlucky 15s on the damage rolls, but passes his toughness test to remain unstunned.
  • :siren grug will likely die if he takes any more damage :siren:
  • team 3 half-move back over the barricades and open fire on Mung - TN = BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) = total TN of BS. team 4 also half-move back over the barricades and open fire on Mung- TN = BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) = total TN of BS. total of 4DoS and one jam, translating up to 5 hit
  • two leg, three body shots. two DoS on the dodge roll means he doesn't take the last two hits - so one leg, two body. all damage soaked
  • team 5 alternately burn to death and fire at the techpriest - TN = BS + 10 (range) - 10 (full auto) + 10 (half aim) = total TN of BS + 10. we jammin'

chuggo kills a servitor. one more remains! this is narratively a "kill and sidestep" thing, but crunch-wise it's a "show up on a square, back off a bit, and charge back in" because it just works out better that way.

murdelia misses, fatepoints, hits with 2DoS. damage is considerable but it still ain't dead.

admech shoots yurik - full aim + full auto + range = TN BS + 20. 4DoS, 4 hits - yurik fails to dodge, spectacularly, triggering a psychic phenomenon attack - The Furies, 1d5 damage and a fear 2 test. i am guessing you wanna fatepoint this, so the revised roll is... 88, lmao. better phenom roll though - 15, Aura of Taint for 60m. if you don't wanna fatepoint it, you don't take any more damage from the Furies but you do fail the fear test by 2DoS, and you get a 23 on the shock table (so -10 to all tests for the rest of the combat)

head, arm, body, body - crit 1 to the arm, followed by crit 2 to the body. yurik drops his nothing, takes Fatigue and is knocked Prone. all animals within 60m feel deeply unpleasant and are aware Yurik is the source; this is not enough range to antagonise the rabbits from earlier.

sniper 1 misses

drekk has the Run talent and an agility bonus of 5, which means he can run 90m in two rounds (12 seconds), or, alternatively, 450m in a minute, or 27km in an hour. indefinitely. he runs up behind some turrets, ready to get all up inside them with his firey hands.

grumb fires at team 1; connects. one guy dodges!

grimply fires at the remainder of team 1 - i know you said team 3, but this way you get to kill a guy, whereas your rolls on team 3 would let you mildly wound a guy because you're firing through the sandbags. team 1 is wiped out! but, like, shout if you want to change that.

ogryn SMASH. he successfully charges the admech guy with a 32, doing 11 damage pre-soak with a mono-rippergun attachment. techpriest is pretty heavily wounded and the next damaging hit will likely start critting him.

turrets continue initiation. one round left, second round they will fire upon thee with great wrath and furious vengeance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Edit: better question for OOC

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 3, 2016

• Locked thread