Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zarya doesn't need to be better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
yes make it even more impossible to screw up their impossible to screw up ult

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Zarya should be made better.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Kashuno posted:

No she shouldn't, she's already cruising up the upper level of reasonable power, if you made her better there'd be a backlash / overreaction nerf and she'd end up worse than she is now.

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!
Please buff Mei by making her ult summon all the salt golems she's produced.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

No she shouldn't, she's already cruising up the upper level of reasonable power, if you made her better there'd be a backlash / overreaction nerf and she'd end up worse than she is now.

Nah never nerf her just make her super good.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the mei players who cannot be bothered to aim the m1 frost stream should also not be forced to predict the path of their football field sized ult

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Nah never nerf her just make her super good.

Zarya is super good already.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

Zarya is super good already.

not enough imo she can still die.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

change zarya's shields to armor that recharges over time like her shields do

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Inquisitive Banana posted:

LOL if the Mei didn't put a wall between the Reinhardt and the rest of the team preventing you from this fabled speed boost from jumping backwards and isolating the Reindeer from his healers and team.

It's not Mei's fault if you're attacking her into terrain that allows her to isolate you from your team. You as Reinhardt either went through a choke that she was covering, which means that Mei is the least of your problems as the entire enemy team descends on you to eat your bones, or if it's just a wall in the open your teammates can very easily walk around the ice wall while you're cycling the shield hop.

Calling it a fabled speed boost just tells me you've apparently not done any shield cycling yet. It's important to do against Roadhogs or Meis that try to run your shield. Roadhog fires slowly enough that every time he fires you can drop shield, jump backwards a bit, and raise your shield again before he can get another shot off on you. He can totally play through it by stopping his firing, running forward, and waiting for you to either drop your shield or let you through, but as a Reinhardt that is having someone running through their shield you're just trying to buy valuable time for your team to do their work. It's sort of the same delaying tactic as turning Winston's butt to a Reaper- It may not work every time all the time, but it can totally give you the edge to survive in a situation where you normally wouldn't have.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

FaustianQ posted:

Please buff Mei by making her ult summon all the salt golems she's produced.
Salt melts ice dummy.

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Try Mei on Eichenwalde offence. So fun :)

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I played Eichenwald in QP once and it was sorta fun. Then my buddy and I played in the brawl a few times and it was maddening. Those players are awful. I haven't yet encountered it in comp games. :(

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Kashuno posted:

not enough imo she can still die.

if you're dying as zarya you did at least two things wrong

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
I think y'all will find that you can counter any character if you just kill them faster than they kill you. Checkmate idiots

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The buff Zarya needs is cooler skins

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I hate Mei but the freeze thing annoys me less than her HP, I don't quite get why some fat piece of poo poo in a winter coat has more HP than someone in a suit that turns them into a flying tank.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's a very thick coat

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

zarya is already hella buff i dunno what you guys are talking about

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
zarya's base skin is one of the best in the game and goldenrod with a golden gun is amazing

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ugh how will I kill this girl in a winter coat now that she went into her ice cocoon she's such a bullshit cha-oh she's out now and I've shot her to death almost instantly. Huh

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

using a base skin is shameful even if it is good

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Macaluso posted:

Ugh how will I kill this girl in a winter coat now that she went into her ice cocoon she's such a bullshit cha-oh she's out now and I've shot her to death almost instantly. Huh

it takes an especially dumb mei to not put up a wall after the ice block but i guess you keep finding them

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People complaining about Mei are bad at the game.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there's people on reddit saying junkrat's riptire is bugged in season 2 and it's not being counted for kill stats, potg points, or the achievement :ohdear:

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Good

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Had the best comp round in my entire Overwatch career earlier.

Numbani was 3:3 after the first two rounds, we had only a minute on the clock, the others had about 2:45 left.

We go first, capture A with 12 seconds left (no time extension) and proceed to push it from literally the edge of point A to the end zone, all in overtime.

Easily the most intense match I ever played.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

Kashuno posted:

zarya is perfect, combining the frying of people with laser with the fist bump inducing experience of saving your friends, all in the package of being a good but not op character

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

zarya is perfect, combining the frying of people with laser with the fist bump inducing experience of saving your friends, all in the package of being a good but not op character

Zarya's innate goodness is also because this game favors aggression, and she is probably one of the most aggressive characters in the roster.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Verranicus posted:

People complaining about Mei are bad at the game.

It is possible to know the Mei match-up inside and out and not have that much trouble with it, while still feeling that every second of it is infuriating.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
zarya's laser dick should penetrate rein's shield at point blank range

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Sep 6, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it already does

if you're touching the reinhardt, you can shoot through the shield because your gun is on the other side

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
what? aw i swear i did that several times but i wasnt hurting him

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Bleck posted:

It is possible to know the Mei match-up inside and out and not have that much trouble with it, while still feeling that every second of it is infuriating.

Mei is fine though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

no it's bad, you're the worst poster go away

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

The buff Zarya needs is cooler skins

Yeah

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LegoPirateNinja posted:

what? aw i swear i did that several times but i wasnt hurting him

it's not that easy and zarya doesn't kill reinhardt very fast even at full charge

you have to literally be touching the rein as well, you can't just be near him. the end of your gun needs to be on the same side of the shield reinhardt is on

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Did my placements as Torb. 2730 with 0 koth maps how thrilling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

no it's bad, you're the worst poster go away

Scared?