Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I thought Salamence came later, and I was counting Metagross, is my defence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

cheetah7071 posted:

Didn't the French twitter say we'd get the stage two starters in the next reveal? Where are they?

They only said "What do you think the evolutions of the starter Pokemon will look like?"

They never stated the next reveal would show them.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Colress has the same weird chartreuse colored eyes as the three freaks in SuMo that are going to be Ultra Beasts

Hell he's even got weird diamonds on him too

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Zore posted:

Isn't that literally just Hydreigon and Tyranitar? Dratini was Game Center, Salamence was post gym 5, Garchomp was post gym 4/2 in DP and Plat, and then Goomy.

Beldum's a bit of a special case.

Need Waterfall to get to the specific room in Meteor Falls in which Bagon resides.

So post gym 8.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Space T Rex posted:

Why would they name Type: Null as Type: Null? Isn't Null sufficient? The design or lore of it doesn't bother me at all, just whichever 12 year old named it. Even "Null" is a little try-hard edgy but TYPE: NULL. WHY?!

but also

it's a synthetic clone of arceus which can change Types with plates. this clone is type: null

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Oyster posted:

Need Waterfall to get to the specific room in Meteor Falls in which Bagon resides.

So post gym 8.

I thought you just needed Surf to get to that little cave.

Huh, I haven't actually caught a Bagon there ever though.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

there's a pokemon named polygon

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
So, apparently Mo-o is a name for a Hawaiian mythological lizard, but I wonder if they're double dipping on Jangmo-o's name and also referencing Susano-o, the Shinto God of the Sea and Storms. Seems fitting for the Alola region? Heartscale is from a water Pokémon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susanoo-no-Mikoto

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Aether lady is giving me strong Ragyo vibes. I may be off the mark but I think Lillie and Gladion are her kids and she experimented on both of em'. They didn't much like that poo poo and ran away. Lillie became Ultra Beast 01 and Gladion stole an experimental pokemon to get back at her calling it now. Wouldn't be surprised if his weird movements and shaking during battle are him attempting to suppress generic fuckery.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Flopsy posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if his weird movements and shaking during battle are him attempting to suppress generic fuckery.

pokemon is for children, avoid serious narrative lest you grow to resent its absence

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Flopsy posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if his weird movements and shaking during battle are him attempting to suppress generic fuckery.

Pretty sure the zippers and rips on his outfit combined with that just makes him a silly chuuni

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Emalde posted:

pokemon is for children, avoid serious narrative lest you grow to resent its absence

Meh, I could be totally wrong and he's just an edgelord I ain't that invested either way. But with all this weird experimental crap going down it ain't out of the question.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

Flopsy posted:

Oh sweet, he's going to go all Hojo on us.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If I can't shove the ultra beasts into a ball then they don't belong in this world.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Emalde posted:

the last mainline pokemon game was about genocide and the horrors of immortality.

also poke-nuclear weapons.

then ORAS postgame was about stopping Deoxys from killing everyone

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Sep 6, 2016

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Internet Kraken posted:

If I can't shove the ultra beasts into a ball then they don't belong in this world.

This is how I feel about the pokedex form of rotom. I'm gonna be pissed if you can't battle with him, hes a pokemon!!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

El Burbo posted:

No you see

I bet he used to be with Aether but then he found out they were doing weird chimera experiments so he rescued Type:Null and joined Skull

It all comes together maaaaaaaan

you have it backwards, he used to be with Aether but then he turned EVIL and HELPED CREATE Type: Null and joined team Skull as a bad guy. The emotional twist will be when he comes back to team Aether at the end and he's a good guy again

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Also Lusamine has the least compassionate looking face I've ever seen on a female pokemon character who's not a villain. She looks like the world could burn down around her and she could give a poo poo so long as she got hers. Very jazzed to have a sciencey villainess this gon' be good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

This is how I feel about the pokedex form of rotom. I'm gonna be pissed if you can't battle with him, hes a pokemon!!

There will be many pokemon joining you in the game you can't battle with though.

Like your soar-Charizard, the Mudsdale you use to go through mud etc.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

then ORAS postgame was about stopping Deoxys from killing everyone
I honestly didn't get why we couldn't just use the portal thing but calibrate it to NOT send the meteor to the RSE-verse rather than having someone literally almost kill herself to summon Rayquaza and then conveniently provide him with a Meteorite to eat.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pokemon is dreadful when it tries to do serious villain plots so I wouldn't get your hopes up either way. Just enjoy Guzma while he remains a goofy gangster.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Zore posted:

There will be many pokemon joining you in the game you can't battle with though.

Like your soar-Charizard, the Mudsdale you use to go through mud etc.

But I can use a charizard, a Mudsdale. Give me A Rotomdex to battle with one way or another.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The pokemon with the same codename as null...

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Pokemon is dreadful when it tries to do serious villain plots so I wouldn't get your hopes up either way. Just enjoy Guzma while he remains a goofy gangster.

The last decade must've been hell for you.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blackheart posted:

The pokemon with the same codename as null...
"pokeman" was right there and you didn't take it. Shameful.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

But I can use a charizard, a Mudsdale. Give me A Rotomdex to battle with one way or another.

Oh, yeah agreed friend.

Rotom is rad as gently caress. Also it should get an enhanced normal form with the stats of its forms but it keeps the electric/ghost typing because why the gently caress would you change that Gamefreak :argh:

Internet Kraken posted:

When hasn't pokemon had a serious villain plot? Like even Rocket took itself seriously what with the mafia taking over buildings and taking people hostage and poo poo.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

It's gonna be funny when Aether turns out to be the generic good guy scientist squad

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I'm crossing my fingers I want the new daycare egg guy to offer to put the eggs into a PC for me.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
guzma will always be a goofy gangster let's be real

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

I've always wanted a pokemon game where the plot takes you to the moon, where you discover Mega Clefairy and bring home Mega Moon stones for mega Nidoking/Queen.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Lusamine is Gendo Ikari

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Flopsy posted:

The last decade must've been hell for you.

X/Y is the only time they've really tried to do a main villain that had a really serious, dark goal. I mean B/W and their sequel had the whole "pokemon slavery" thing but that was just a facade for Ghestis being your standard bad dude.

Zore posted:

When hasn't pokemon had a serious villain plot? Like even Rocket took itself seriously what with the mafia taking over buildings and taking people hostage and poo poo.

X/Y. Team Flare itself was goofy at the start but Lysandre was presented in a very serious light, and his goal was very dark for the series. It didn't work at all of course.

Space T Rex posted:

I've always wanted a pokemon game where the plot takes you to the moon, where you discover Mega Clefairy and bring home Mega Moon stones for mega Nidoking/Queen.

One of the rumors thrown around my school as a kid was that you could do something to get the space station at Mossdeep to launch you on a rocket to the moon. That's where you could catch Deoxys! :downs:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Waffleman_ posted:

Have you ever wondered what Brock's doughnut recipe was? Wonder no more!

I have been wondering this my whole life, thank you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

X/Y. Team Flare itself was goofy at the start but Lysandre was presented in a very serious light, and his goal was very dark for the series. It didn't work at all of course.

You think Lysandre was worse than Cyrus (who tried to unmake reality), or Ghetsis (who literally abused a child he raised, later tried to murder him and you and almost succeeded destroying the Unova league and region)?

The narrative of most pokemon games has the evil team leader's goal be incredibly dark considering how their henchmen are mostly light comic relief.

Zore fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 6, 2016

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

X/Y is the only time they've really tried to do a main villain that had a really serious, dark goal. I mean B/W and their sequel had the whole "pokemon slavery" thing but that was just a facade for Ghestis being your standard bad dude.

One of the rumors thrown around my school as a kid was that you could do something to get the space station at Mossdeep to launch you on a rocket to the moon. That's where you could catch Deoxys! :downs:

And Cyrus having a mental breakdown and attempting to unmake creation then getting dragged to poke-hell by poke satan was a totally light hearted romp. Ghestis was in no way a standard bad dude, he was a cult leader who on more than one occasion attempted to personally murder children including his adopted son. This has been a running theme since Gen 4 what series have you been playing??? Lysnadre's pretty much par the course at this point.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 6, 2016

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

good looking evo lines this gen

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Maybe its just a coincidence they all have blond hair and green eyes.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Ruggington posted:

good looking evo lines this gen

I half expect Lusamine to just start flapping her hair like a pair of wings then drift off majestically into the horizon.

mabels big day posted:

Maybe its just a coincidence they all have blond hair and green eyes.

Must be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the tall girl is the short girl from the future

the guy is a clone of the girl