Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

straight up brolic posted:

It's sweet that Democrats nominated Hilary because she was "more electable", but she's turned out to be arguably more poisonous with the American electorate than the least qualified, most vile candidate in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

It's sweet that Democrats nominated Hilary because she was "more electable", but she's turned out to be arguably more poisonous with the American electorate than the least qualified, most vile candidate in history.

Democrats nominated her because she's the better, more qualified candidate and is better at campaigning.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

I'm pretty sure only :airquote:southern democrats:airquote: nominated her.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

lol

size1one
Jun 24, 2008

I don't want a nation just for me, I want a nation for everyone

They were told they wouldn't be paid and that their travel wouldn't be reimbursed, and they still did the performances anyways? This is a pretty weak scandal if you can even call it that.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Geostomp posted:

When it comes to Trump lies, the problem is picking just one before he spews enough more to make the chosen one irrelevant. Besides that, she's got to contend with the double standard of looking "shrill" if she harps on anything too hard as a woman while Trump's nonsense thrives off any attention, especially if he goes mean spirited.

Both points are definitely true. Thats why I think the best strategy is to get him to self destruct and I hope that her debate prep has been focused on ways to spot statements in the Stream of Trump Talk that can be countered in a way that makes Trump double down on an odious statement.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Probably talk about Seth some more, against his family's wishes, and how Seth was totally, probably, possibly was the DNC leak despite literally everything else saying otherwise.

I honestly hope Ecuador one day just says gently caress it and drags him out of the embassy and in to the waiting arms of Interpol. I can only imagine we haven't bribed/threatened them to do so yet because ultimately the US government is fine with him being the crazy rapist who rambles about stupid poo poo rather than a martyr.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm pretty sure only :airquote:southern democrats:airquote: nominated her.

dont forget "socal democrats" either :twisted:

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Eifert Posting posted:

Examples: If you say Jesus is god you are saying god poops, which is blasphemous.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

greatn posted:

Democrats nominated her because she's the better, more qualified candidate and is better at campaigning.
And yet she's despised by the majority of the country including a significant portion of her own party.

This isn't "my take", these are the facts.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

size1one posted:

They were told they wouldn't be paid and that their travel wouldn't be reimbursed, and they still did the performances anyways? This is a pretty weak scandal if you can even call it that.

From right near the start:

quote:

We are not able to pay the girls or cover travel,” Stephanie Scruggs, a regional field director wrote Jeff Popick, USA Freedom Kids founder and father to one of the girls in a January 5 email presented as evidence in the suit. “However we have coordinated with the event space to allow the girls to set up a table and pre-sell their album, shirts, ect if this is helpful to you.” (The Trump campaign did not return a Daily Beast request for comment.)

There was no merchandise table, and it wouldn’t have mattered if there was one: security didn’t allow the girls to bring any of their merchandise into the Pensacola Bay Center. They left it outside in the parking lot, where all of it—the t-shirts, the CDs, the patriotic posters—was stolen while the girls performed their act, Popick says.

It's a lovely thing to do, especially to True Believers.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Niton posted:

Welcome to the Republican Party

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

And yet she's despised by the majority of the country including a significant portion of her own party.

so what's your point

according to every metric, she's still going to win

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Weird how she won the primary if she's so hated.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

lol isn't Hillary at like around 90% support in the Democratic party?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

And yet her opponent is despised by an even bigger majority of the country so it works out.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

emdash posted:

so what's your point

according to every metric, she's still going to win
There doesn't need to be an ultimate moral lesson to find the irony in the primary choice vs. reality a bit unsettling and frustrating.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

size1one posted:

That's the thing, they didn't get to perform at the Iowa rally, they paid out of pocket for airfare and travel on the assumption that their performance would get them enough publicity to recoup the expenses. Then the Trump campaign tells them they aren't actually going to get to go on stage a few hours before the rally.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

There doesn't need to be an ultimate moral lesson to find the irony in the primary choice vs. reality a bit unsettling and frustrating.
Make a joke or something with this poo poo, unless the joke is that tedious handwringing successfully annoys nerds

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Dexo posted:

lol isn't Hillary at like around 90% support in the Democratic party?
Her favorability was only +39 in June, doubt it has improved since then

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Her favorability with Democrats was at 80% at the beginning of August, where it had increased from 74% before the DNC.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

That number included republicans and :airquote:independants:airquote: dip poo poo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
among dems (i.e. the only number that really matters), 70 fav/26 unfav (gallup)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

A single CNN poll and holy poo poo this place turns into an arzy nightmare

It's less about Clinton potentially losing and more arzying about the fact that we're proving in real time that you can put up the worst presidential candidate in recent history and the media will do its best to work it into a horse race. This is not a good look for future elections. Demographics shifts should balance the CNNs of the world turning white nationalism into acceptable politics but gently caress its tiresome to see play out.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
people hated obama too. turns out democracy leaves a lot of people unsatisfied by design, who knew?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

emdash posted:

among dems (i.e. the only number that really matters), 70 fav/26 unfav (gallup)
Okay so 44 instead of 39

A Winner is Jew posted:

That number included republicans and :airquote:independants:airquote: dip poo poo
What Republicans respond to a poll as a left leaning independent 🤔

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

What Republicans respond to a poll as a left leaning independent 🤔

Libertarians, probably.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Niton posted:

And yet the guy's still likely to vote Republican.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Popular Thug Drink posted:

people hated obama too. turns out democracy leaves a lot of people unsatisfied by design, who knew?

2008 Obama had much higher approval among Dems, Inds, and Reps than Hillary by a decent margin. He was in the low 60's when he was inaugurated.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

duz posted:

Libertarians, probably.

So sanders supporters? :v:

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Popular Thug Drink posted:

Obama's nationwide favorability was +55, Hillary's is -15 lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Winner is Jew posted:

So sanders supporters? :v:

those are progressives,

you're thinking of ron paul supporters :v:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Obama's nationwide favorability was +55, Hillary's is -15 lmao

when? he was at 64% in sept 2008, ~55% in sept 2012

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
As bad as Hillary's favorables are, Trump's are even worse, and that's what matters.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lastgirl posted:

those are progressives,

Yeah like 10% of them.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lastgirl posted:

those are progressives,

you're thinking of ron paul supporters :v:

No, those were :airquote:progressives:airquote: I was talking about.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

emdash posted:

when? he was at 64% in sept 2008, ~55% in sept 2012
Last Gallup Poll pre-election in 08 had him at 70, 25

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A Winner is Jew posted:

No, those were :airquote:progressives:airquote: I was talking about.

Oooh, yea yea I gotchoo fam

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Last Gallup Poll pre-election in 08 had him at 70, 25

That's +45.

• Locked thread