Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Def Jam Vendetta was pretty good and Fight for New York was pretty nifty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I don't know if it's easy to believe or hard to believe that a couple of marks could look at loving indie wrestling and think "there's money here". Smarks probably don't pay $280k to see wrestling live on an annual basis

Little Mac posted:

Why would anyone want a new game in the AKI engine? Those games REALLY don't hold up today.
In a relative sense, they hold up well visually, especially since they didn't have to worry about the uncanny valley of hands and eyes. All animation was by hand and gorgeous. And as mentioned, the rise-and-fall momentum mechanics were much better at simming matches, especially long ones, than the Yuke's games. Comebacks weren't 10-second QTE chances that netted you a finisher, you actually had to fight your way back from getting your rear end kicked.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
also the AKI games are generally more fun

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I mean the Yukes games would be 200% more fun if they just incorporated the grinding noises from No Mercy submissions

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Claytor posted:

If you're "slightly under spec," don't bother. I've got a PC which destroys the recommended requirements and still can't reliably hit 60 fps on lowish settings.

I think it was designed for AMD hardware because i have a midrange cpu and gpu but they're both AMD and I never drop below 60. It would make sense since the PS4 and Xbone are both AMD hardware.

e: This is at max settings on an FX-6300 and an R9 280. 2K15 ran like garbage, though, if I had the crowd turned on. I'm upgrading to a 6600k in a couple of days so I can test this theory and report back, though I doubt it would be a cpu issue.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Sep 3, 2016

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Little Mac posted:

Why would anyone want a new game in the AKI engine? Those games REALLY don't hold up today.

If they got a generic No Mercy up to PS2 quality graphics, added an arena maker, a career maker in the vein of No Mercy (text bubbles with a certain character animation in a certain location), enabled p2p sharing for career modes/arenas/caws and had a single animator pumping out DLC movesets....that'd be perfect.

Fire Pro basically being the same game from the SNES era doesn't stop it from having a bunch of fans. No Mercy/AKI engine isn't much different.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Sep 3, 2016

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

theres some really good NoMercy and VPW2 mods out there, so no thanks to something thats probably going to be as bad as the Triple A game.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zOeC-Ye38

"Makes me proud to be a Samoan" - AJ Styles, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Fleisch has uploaded data for September 2016 for his real world mod for TEW 2016
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533463

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6zOeC-Ye38

"Makes me proud to be a Samoan" - AJ Styles, 2016

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean the Yukes games would be 200% more fun if they just incorporated the grinding noises from No Mercy submissions

Don't forget the "knch" sound after KO'ing a person, and watching them crumple to the mat.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Big Wool's expression sells this picture.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Davros1 posted:

Don't forget the "knch" sound after KO'ing a person, and watching them crumple to the mat.

Also groin shot "DING!"s. Also low blows.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

No Mercy's controls are so slow. I grew up with it, but GRAPPLE > A forever is dumb.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xikVblVx-A8

UpUpDownDown brings you Uso-on-Uso action to fulfil your need for big sweaty men (playing video games).

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
TEW16 Question:

Do guys ever lose momentum while they're winning matches? I've got a guy with the belt and I was thinking of passing it off to someone else, but the current champ has maxed out momentum. He's just really old. Do I just say "gently caress it" and jump ship at some point, or does the game actually give me some indication of when people are bored of a champion?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I'm not sure people do get bored of a champion. In TEW2013 you could cool a main eventer's momentum by having them win against jobbers - people want to see top guys fight top guys so they'll be less excited, and the champ won't complain because he's winning. That's how I got Randy Orton to agree to lose to AJ Styles, who otherwise could not have been built enough in three months to overcome Randy's CC. But that might have changed in the new game, who knows.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

yeah I don't think there is some point where the crowd will reject a champion for being stale or anything. i'm currently 3 years into a reign of terror in my save and folks still show up to see Dave Meltzer headline TNA PPVs and raise the belt at the end of the night.

you can hurt a guy's momentum while having him win in a couple of ways. first, you can just have him suffer major defeats in angles and be involved in a storyline; he will take a big momentum hit when removed from the storyline or if you end the storyline. you can also try intentionally booking the match to bury him - have the opponent dominate, but your champ gets a tainted win via countout loss or something. if you put him in matches, angles, and storylines that are rated lower than his popularity, it hurts their momentum.

but really you should just have him loose a match to whoever you want your next champ to be and don't worry about lowering his momentum, because momentum is a good thing to have for everyone. it affects the ratings of matches & angles, and it affects how quickly someone's popularity grows.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Aye Doc posted:

yeah I don't think there is some point where the crowd will reject a champion for being stale or anything. i'm currently 3 years into a reign of terror in my save and folks still show up to see Dave Meltzer headline TNA PPVs and raise the belt at the end of the night.

I know I would :vince:

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I love how I played as PWG in TEW and I kinda randomly made a ppv around CM Punk's UFC thread and I kinda guessed right and it was my best show. CM Punk still over.

GenericMartini fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Sep 6, 2016

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
aw man i'm dumb as gently caress

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

rovert posted:

Fleisch has uploaded data for September 2016 for his real world mod for TEW 2016
http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533463

I don't play the game a ton but I have no idea why the stats are so much lower across the board than the default database.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Is that the one that makes it really really difficult to run a nat'l.+ fed? Cpt. Charisma's mod seemed to overdo it on stats, highly privileging high-profile American workers to the degree that even a peaked graduate from the most prestigious dojos could never ever naturally match them in stats. But it turns out a Wrestlemania main event basically requires best-in-the-world workers.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

GenericMartini posted:

aw man i'm dumb as gently caress

Your av makes up for it.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

My understanding is that Fleisch is just really obstinate about making the worker's stats reflect his perception of reality, concessions to playability be damned.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Little Mac posted:

Those games are still fun and wildly better than the majority of wrestling games released since 2000

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

My understanding is that Fleisch is just really obstinate about making the worker's stats reflect his perception of reality, concessions to playability be damned.

I'm also under the impression that he doesn't play the default data, and so doesn't even have a baseline for what the stats are supposed to be. Last time I checked, Asuka's psychology stat was in the thirties, guaranteeing that an AI-run NXT would never hire her.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Claytor posted:

I'm also under the impression that he doesn't play the default data, and so doesn't even have a baseline for what the stats are supposed to be. Last time I checked, Asuka's psychology stat was in the thirties, guaranteeing that an AI-run NXT would never hire her.

Jeez, talk about badly underrating someone. Asuka might not be the greatest at telling a story but I would say without a doubt that she could 100% call a match in the ring.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Claytor posted:

Fleisch is spudsbuckley/MRP

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Fleisch's data is really good but I had to edit nearly everyone in the game's psychology. I think he just doesn't understand how high the psychology number has to be for the game to think someone is even above terrible. 'Basic' attributes below 80ish are basically trash and nearly everyone in the game is between 30-70 by default

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Fleisch's data is really good but I had to edit nearly everyone in the game's psychology. I think he just doesn't understand how high the psychology number has to be for the game to think someone is even above terrible. 'Basic' attributes below 80ish are basically trash and nearly everyone in the game is between 30-70 by default

Hmmm I'm not sure who's data I'm using... I'm going to have to look into this

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

triplexpac posted:

Hmmm I'm not sure who's data I'm using... I'm going to have to look into this

I don't think it's a *big* deal, it just depends on the type of realism you're going for. I think his system would actually make the game more realistic in that it would be a lot harder to build up a work rate promotion. Personally, I decided I'd rather have the game be 'too easy' and have realistically awesome matches, than have my matches artificially bad just to make things harder on me. But I can see why some people would think 'oh, a match in some indy promotion couldn't be above a 'B' quality!' or whatever.

It was just weird seeing a lot of the biggest draws on the indys basically be worthless and unusable because they had 30 psychology or something to go with merely 'good' attributes in the brawling/technical/flying categories.

edit: in the data of his I used the Young Bucks also only had like 65s in flashiness which I mean come on :colbert: so I had to bump that up

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Claytor posted:

I can only remember when he first took over the Real-Life mod duties and a lot of people pointed out that his ratings, particularly psychology, were too low across the board. His response amounted to "I'm running the show. This is how I'm doing things. Nobody knows psychology in wrestling anymore. Like it or lump it." ***

I opted to lump it and play historical mods instead.

*** I might be filling in the holes in my memory since this was 2-3 years ago, but he was definitely not receptive to the criticism.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 7, 2016

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
So here's a bizarre question: Which wrestling video game in the last, say, 15 years, would be the most fun way to play a Pentagon Jr. CAW? The last one I own is WWE 2K14 and I made a pretty passable Pentagon Jr, but he kinda plays like everyone else. There's nothing different about his matches from a Cena or an Ambrose other than the assigned finisher really. I have access to a couple Fire Pro versions, HCTP, DoR2, and everyone has access to No Mercy one way or another... which platform do you think could most capture the coolness of this character? What about 2K16 or 17? Could they be fun to play a methodical murderer man?

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 8, 2016

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

No Mercy literally has his arm breaker submission in it complete with the final snap.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
As far as modern WWE games go, I really like 2k14 and am not a big fan of the new mini game type grapples and stuff in the next gen games. Are the Xb360 versions of the new games like 2k16/17 using the same exact engine as 2k14 but with new rosters? If so I'll probably pick them up when cheaper.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Anal Surgery posted:

So here's a bizarre question: Which wrestling video game in the last, say, 15 years, would be the most fun way to play a Pentagon Jr. CAW? The last one I own is WWE 2K14 and I made a pretty passable Pentagon Jr, but he kinda plays like everyone else. There's nothing different about his matches from a Cena or an Ambrose other than the assigned finisher really. I have access to a couple Fire Pro versions, HCTP, DoR2, and everyone has access to No Mercy one way or another... which platform do you think could most capture the coolness of this character? What about 2K16 or 17? Could they be fun to play a methodical murderer man?

Fire Pro wouldn't have all of his moves, but you could create a decent facsimile, and use the AI settings to make him wrestle like Pentagon Jr. Same with King of Colosseum 2, minus the the descent facsimile, as it's edit system is somewhat limited in looks. Might be able to base him off of Great Sasukes head.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
2k17 gameplay trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHTz2MOY_xc

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

"gameplay" trailer *mostly entrances and taunts cut up*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A gametrailer where every single move looks horribly animated and the models look terrible?

:wow: