Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah, Melbourne Sexual Wellness clinic.

Noice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/773149002258870272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Two months after former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson accused Fox News' then-Chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, the network has agreed to pay Carlson $20 million and make a "highly unusual public apology," NPR's David Folkenflik reports.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/06/492797695/fox-news-will-pay-gretchen-carlson-20-million-to-settle-sexual-harassment-suit

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.
Related to spiders:

https://wh.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3ps1em/body_cast/

The schadenfreude is the fact that you'll vomit your eyes out after reading this (presumably fictional) story.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
ITT Tech is dead

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Really oughta take the dog to the vet when he shits out the back of his knees...

orange sky
May 7, 2007

So most for-profit private schools in the US rely on federal aid?

Heh. I don't know what to say.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

orange sky posted:

So most for-profit private schools in the US rely on federal aid?

Heh. I don't know what to say.

Yep it's baffling to think about. The reason for their demise, and why they should have never existed in the first place, is the same:

"For-profit schools tend to rely heavily on federal student aid."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Wow, now that is unexpected. University of Phoenix will probably be next.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Inshallah

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

nexus6 posted:

Is there still a griefing thread? EVE is going free-to-play so I'm anticipating a lot of gaming scooty to come from new players/youtubers.streamers encountering Goons.

Won't this completely destroy the in-game economy? I thought everything was tied back into being able to buy monthly subscription with ingame credits and that sets it's conversion to USD.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

now I'm caught between schadenfreude and goondolences. As a Fayetteville resident I reassure myself by saying "at least I don't live in Rockingham".

Hey, man, at least Rockingham isn't Ellerbe.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Art institutes too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

TheDon01 posted:

Won't this completely destroy the in-game economy? I thought everything was tied back into being able to buy monthly subscription with ingame credits and that sets it's conversion to USD.

Imagine the spergs who invested thousands in Plex having it go up in smoke.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Wasabi the J posted:

Art institutes too.

You know, I haven't seen a commercial from them in over a year leading me to believe they're not doing so good. I remember taking some classes at community college over half a decade ago and depending on the class, they would come in and have predatory presentations throughout the entire period. It was bullshit from the get-go, and I saw right through it.

It was hilarious in that a good majority of the presentation was about video game design, which no one in the classes had any desire or motive to seek out; they were all into traditional graphic arts and design. No one gave a poo poo, and all the pamphlets and folders for AI were left behind.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Full Sail going under?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Solice Kirsk posted:

Full Sail going under?

Probably not, but DeVry might.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I wish they would take all these "Learn to be a Master Programmer in 3 Weeks!" boot camps with them.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

After ejecting a cloud of dark, sticky ink the dog-squid is able to escape to safety.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that the same girl that the tiger tried to attack?

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

ElGroucho posted:

I wish they would take all these "Learn to be a Master Programmer in 3 Weeks!" boot camps with them.

Are those programs that "teach" you using drag-and-drop tools they give to grade schoolers?

(Honestly, that's better than rushing them through Visual Basic or Java and letting them loose into the real world.)

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TheDon01 posted:

Reading the article it sounds like the tiers are "subscribe normally and get everything" or "pay nothing and get a permanent trial account"

quote:

the price of the monthly subscription will remain unchanged

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The ones I've seen are "Learn Full Stack Development in 2 Months!"

I would rather hire some nerd who's been goofing around on HTML and CSS as a teen than some Communications major that decided Marketing doesn't agree with him/her and wants some of that slacker dev money they keep hearing about.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

ElGroucho posted:

The ones I've seen are "Learn Full Stack Development in 2 Months!"

I would rather hire some nerd who's been goofing around on HTML and CSS as a teen than some Communications major that decided Marketing doesn't agree with him/her and wants some of that slacker dev money they keep hearing about.

Oh lord, that's the worst-case scenario. Whatever insane company decides to hire them would be in for a nasty surprise a month later when the tech reverses an rsync command or gets goaded into running "rm -f" by some trolls on Reddit.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A White Guy posted:

I used to live in the American southwest. One point during my hiking in a local wildlife preserve, I stepped over a rock, looked down between my legs, and there was loving California Kingsnake, chilling there. I jumped about twenty feet in the air, and then it just casually slid off into the bush. I encountered a variety of rattlesnakes in my time (and trust me, most will let you know that they're there), except one time, I was with my dog. We were coming down off a pretty steep saddle, so I was jogging down the hill with my dog. As we cross into this really sunlit part of the trail, I see this line on the trail..and it's a loving rattlesnake. It's too late now(like, we're two steps away from this and stopping is impossible), so me and the dog just casually hop over a loving rattlesnake. I thought it was dead, but when I turned around to stare, the snake lifted its head up to look at me, flicking its tongue in the air. I had rudely interrupted its sunbathing. I don't even think the dog noticed it, lucky for me, the dog, and the rattlesnake.

Yeah, snakes are scary.

Also, content for thread: Obama :iceburn:ing the Republicans during his second inauguration speech.

Reminds me, I once knew a dude that bred snakes and kept a rattlesnake in the garage well out of sight of visitors but not earshot. His brother/roommate got sick of girls running off screaming after hearing this thing going nuts, so one night before a date he grabbed a kingsnake and tossed it in the rattler's tank.

And this is how I wound up going on a hike/rattlesnake hunt.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

Art institutes too.

But I've been practicing drawing that turtle from the matchbook cover and was almost ready to apply!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Specter posted:

Reminds me, I once knew a dude that bred snakes and kept a rattlesnake in the garage well out of sight of visitors but not earshot. His brother/roommate got sick of girls running off screaming after hearing this thing going nuts, so one night before a date he grabbed a kingsnake and tossed it in the rattler's tank.

“And that’s how I met your mother.”

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
http://i.imgur.com/Rc9Gt9E.gifv

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
http://i.imgur.com/VQk16If.gifv

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheDon01 posted:

It's like a better version of the "trial until level 20!" poo poo most MMOs do these days. The article says free players get access to the whole game but can't use all the skills and stuff. So it seems like it's a move meant to get a ton of new people into playing the game long enough that they build their character up then realize they need like, space farts level 4 or something and now they have to pay to keep on being EVE nerds.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

No one will be happier than students at the Illinois Institute of Technology.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

hell yeah awesome drifting bro, now watch me stand on the track, because i am retarded

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Google should have blacklisted the sites and never said a word, and when WB lost their poo poo at the fact sales were plummeting, just point to the guys they had to the blacklisting/takedown list and go "But this is apparently what you wanted?"

Google would never do anything that might even vaguely inconvenience the advertisers.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Random Stranger posted:

But I've been practicing drawing that turtle from the matchbook cover and was almost ready to apply!

I'm the pirate drawing.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

No one will be happier than students at the Illinois Institute of Technology.

I'm just hoping UTI goes next.

Those things are painful.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMyMBEr2cGo

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hearsay posted:

This is the most exaggerated thing ever.

Be glad if you don't have a phobia.

I'm not worried about Australian wildlife being dangerous, I'm worried about having a heart attack or performing vehicular manslaughter because a fairly harmless common thing is a spider the size of your outstretched hand surprising you from above or below in everyday places.

Phobias are no joke, but very schadenfreude-y

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The gooniest shambling run.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Lime Tonics posted:

https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/773149002258870272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Two months after former Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson accused Fox News' then-Chairman Roger Ailes of sexual harassment, the network has agreed to pay Carlson $20 million and make a "highly unusual public apology," NPR's David Folkenflik reports.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/06/492797695/fox-news-will-pay-gretchen-carlson-20-million-to-settle-sexual-harassment-suit

Let me crush that happiness for you.

Ailes got a $40 million severance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Grem posted:

Let me crush that happiness for you.

Ailes got a $40 million severance.

Is this a 'I'm suing fox for letting it happen, and then I'm going after Ailes for doing it'?