Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The game will let players freely switch between a human-esque “fighting form” and vehicle-esque “driving form” while fighting an army of formidable insect-type robots.

EDF, but with transformers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
Never realized that I needed a game like this until I read those words.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
But do they have ~weaponized orgasms~

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saint Freak posted:

But do they have ~weaponized orgasms~
sort of, but it's just backfires out the exhaust

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CrashCat posted:

sort of, but it's just backfires out the exhaust

That's my fetish

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
All the traditional retailers have now sold out of new Vita 2000s. Amazon even delisted their shipped and sold listing under the more buying options link.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Think Sony's trying to end new Vita sales early with more hacks incoming?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Dehry posted:

All the traditional retailers have now sold out of new Vita 2000s. Amazon even delisted their shipped and sold listing under the more buying options link.

They had to have been pulled by Sony or something, right? No way everyone would sell out at once.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

M-maybe they're announcing something vita related at the sony event tomorrow

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 6, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Help Im Alive posted:

Mmaybe they're announcing something vita related at the sony event tomorrow

"We're pleased to announce the PlayStation Vita is loving dead"

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

Mmaybe they're announcing something vita related at the sony event tomorrow

VitaGO with no game card slot, uses a new proprietary memory card type that is 2x more expensive and a DSM display for that vintage Sony wristwatch look.

JK, we need the Vita3000 first. Not sure what to expect unless it has improved battery life and built in memory... maybe going back to the 16GB of the PSPgo. Improved thumbsticks since remote play is more common now and higher precision would be nice.

Though, I don't see them releasing another Vita unless they can make it cheaper. Though, I would love them to put some love into the Vita and keep up with handhelds. I like my Nintendo handhelds... but I like my Playstation ones as well and would like to keep both strong.

My guess is they just had some low stock issues or something and it was a coincidence.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Modus Pwnens posted:

They had to have been pulled by Sony or something, right? No way everyone would sell out at once.

Stock has been dwindling for a while now. Sometime between Blanc vs Zombies launching and last month, Gamestop marked new units unavailable, then put the price back up to $199.99. Amazon went from 8 units to nothing in the past two weeks. BestBuy/Walmart/Target haven't restocked in maybe a year.

Either there's a new Vita 3000, a PSP3, or that guy back in March who said warehouse restocks were cancelled was right.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
There was a filing for a 5GHz wi-fi adapter for Vita not too long ago and some rumours of the PSP/Vita assembly line at Foxconn doing something new, so a Vita 3000 might actually happen.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PS4 Neo is actually Vita 3000

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
TBH, they probably could get vita to play games at 1080p on modern phone hardware.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lemon-Lime posted:

There was a filing for a 5GHz wi-fi adapter for Vita not too long ago and some rumours of the PSP/Vita assembly line at Foxconn doing something new, so a Vita 3000 might actually happen.

The 5GHZ adapter was for the PS4 Slim which is likely going to be "Available right now" tomorrow.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dehry posted:

The 5GHZ adapter was for the PS4 Slim which is likely going to be "Available right now" tomorrow.

I could have sworn there was a separate filing for a handheld, but I can't be bothered to dig through the piles of threads complaining that the existing models don't in order to check whether I was wrong or something.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
There's a free Vita theme added today... for whatever Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet is.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Lemon-Lime posted:

I could have sworn there was a separate filing for a handheld, but I can't be bothered to dig through the piles of threads complaining that the existing models don't in order to check whether I was wrong or something.

a 5GHz link between PS4 and Vita would be great for remote play

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

FireMrshlBill posted:

a 5GHz link between PS4 and Vita would be great for remote play

Yeah, this is actually a possibility, I think remote play is fairly popular in Japan?

It's probably just dead though. :rip:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The continuing adventures of a bunch of children and a bunch of people with rad-rear end nicknames and Toval I guess who doesn't fall into either category?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A few random thoughts I have is that if Sony has anything along the lines of a positive Vita news it will be a Vita 3000 that is going to be significantly cheaper with some sort of HDMI out option (which could draw some publicity from the rumored features of the NX of being an on-the-go and at-home game system)

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Truga posted:

Yeah, this is actually a possibility, I think remote play is fairly popular in Japan?

It's probably just dead though. :rip:

Ya, I think at this point more people use it for remote play than games in the US as well, except for the free PS+ games and whoever is into RPGs at this point. I don't get all the negative talk about it. I like the Vita as much (and sometimes more) than my 3DS. The PSP was great too.

Ya, I have a feeling it is dead too, though I wish they would just go full tilt into a Vita3000 or an entirely new handheld to compete with the N3DS. Competition = good.

JediTalentAgent posted:

A few random thoughts I have is that if Sony has anything along the lines of a positive Vita news it will be a Vita 3000 that is going to be significantly cheaper with some sort of HDMI out option (which could draw some publicity from the rumored features of the NX of being an on-the-go and at-home game system)

Ya a Vita3000 with longer battery life, more precise analog sticks and a cradle/dock or something for connecting to a TV and pairing with a DS3/DS4 would be amazing. I don't see it happening though. They have pretty much abandoned it at this point.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 6, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Still annoyed that somehow YouTube of all things is blocked from streaming over Remote Play. I get the licensing issues with everything else, but for gently caress's sake you can practically get YouTube on everything including your toaster right now

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Still annoyed that somehow YouTube of all things is blocked from streaming over Remote Play. I get the licensing issues with everything else, but for gently caress's sake you can practically get YouTube on everything including your toaster right now

Why not just use the built in Youtube app... oh wait they never bothered to update it for the new Google API.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MisterAlex posted:

There's a free Vita theme added today... for whatever Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet is.

touhou is good

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's actually a whole DLC bundle that's not supposed to be free.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/touhou-genso-rondo-bullet-ballet-le-dlc-bundle/cid=UP1063-CUSA05257_00-TGRBBLEDLCBUNDLE

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
That link doesn't resolve. Is it part of something you've purchased elsewise and is only visible to you because of that? (e.g. like the themes that are only available with purchase)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MisterAlex posted:

That link doesn't resolve. Is it for something you've purchased elsewise and is only visible to you because of that?

They already fixed it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am ready for the ≡new≡ Playstation Vita

i know there's a better way to type the nintendo stylization but i cant figure it out

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

man hong kong psn store is packed this week... berseria costumes, idolmaster costumes, ys costumes

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Super No Vacancy posted:

I am ready for the ≡new≡ Playstation Vita

i know there's a better way to type the nintendo stylization but i cant figure it out

I just use Nu3DS

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
PS Vita Plus?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Andrew House: "And I'm proud to be here today on this Playstation Meeting to tell you first hand that our Playstation Vita portable console just beat the world record in the Guinness Book for most deader happier console ever made! We are all very proud. *dramatic pause* For the gamers!"

But seriously they aren't doing a third model. The market for something like that is existing owners wanting to upgrade, too small a niche to justify the development, production, and distribution costs. I'd be happy if it was otherwise, but it's not realistic.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 6, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I appreciate that Cold Steel 2 wastes no time in going for the hot springs scene.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

drat, Cold Steel 2 is already out?? On to VGP to import mine.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

drat, Cold Steel 2 is already out?? On to VGP to import mine.

came out today

I was gonna go pick up a copy but forgot rip

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Civ Rev 2 any good?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Reverse cover :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/NISAmerica/status/773295032736415744

Criminal Girls 2 apparently has some manufacturing issues and is delayed. Maybe they shut down a Vita factory?