Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If you haven't used the flamethrower (spawns at Butter) I highly recommend it. I immolated 20 people in one go before I got surrounded by two tanks and taken down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

sbaldrick posted:

I mostly called them idiots because the tank wasn't far enough on the point to hold it so they kept getting out and getting shot by the guys camping it.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Okay yeah that is tedious, obnoxious, and unfun, I can see that. We'll work on our tank skills and keeping all the bros in the tank so this never happens again.

ahaha j/k bro by keeping all the bros in the tank I mean never keeping all the bros in the tank I'll get out of the armor whenever I feel like it

http://i.imgur.com/fhaeNBK.gifv

here is your noob chair, have a seat ---> __/

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

And then I said "tanks for stopping by" :clint:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

red19fire posted:

Also it seems they've gotten rid of the mini map showing you where enemies are firing. So good luck because pubbies never use the spot button :thumbsup:
This is awesome btw. You can get behind enemy lines and gently caress them up real good.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I had a team blow up our train tank almost right away. Didn't even know that was possible.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I had a team blow up our train tank almost right away. Didn't even know that was possible.

I've noticed a lot of people place anti tank mines on the tracks as soon as the train is announced. Maybe they can do something about that, the Zeppelin for instance won't have that problem :)

SniperFox
Mar 19, 2015

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Is there no way of dealing with a tank if you don't have the rocket gun, aside from attempting to predict it's path with mines or getting danger close with dynamite?

Eh. Rocket Gun isn't that great IMO vs tanks. I havent found the sweet spot for hits, but I use all the ammo and MAYBE disable a tank. Unless it's already hurt, you can't destroy a tank using only the Rocket Gun. Also, no optic on the gun, so it's really hard to pull long shots.

It is THE MOST FUN anti-sniper weapon though... Especially against dudes shooting through windows, as long as they arent too far obv (because no optics).

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

it is a transcendent experience plunking some lovely rock wookie with the rocket gun, lemme tell you.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

I used the heavy tank for the first time today and it's shocking how oblivious people are to it..so many people running right by me, even tanks rolling by as I shoot them and they don't even turn around. I got like 20 kills in the tank before I finally died because I was ramming the train and someone finally killed me.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
How is war tapes not the default setting by now

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Has anyone tried using the flamethrower variant of the land ship yet? Seems like it would
be terrible but hilarious

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/21322844

Just ghost riding the whip into a graceful slide off a crashing airplane like I'm James Bond

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

humpthewind posted:

How is war tapes not the default setting by now

It fucks with footstep sounds ive read and have noticed.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
As badass as wartapes sounds, you're better off with other settings if you use a decent headset. Wartapes adjusts the volume so that everything is the same.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

they just released an update that unlocked all the weapons and gadgets for everybody

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

they just released an update that unlocked all the weapons and gadgets for everybody

gently caress yeah now my team can all have rocket gun s

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
The flare gun is turning out to be my favorite gadget now that enemies firing doesn't make them appear on the minimap. Just fire it at a place where you know enemies are, and it's free spots for your whole team.

Plus you can burn people to death with it. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheOneAndOnlyT7/video/21327810

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I've never had it spot someone but have a 100% chance of lighting someone on fire, even if the flare goes way above their heads.

If it's a bug, I like it.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Pleads posted:

I've never had it spot someone but have a 100% chance of lighting someone on fire, even if the flare goes way above their heads.

If it's a bug, I like it.
As far as I can tell the flare only spots enemies near it. If you shoot it over someone's head it'll only spot them while it's over them, then you'll lose the spot after it goes a ways past. They stick to walls, though, so I usually just shoot it right into whatever rock or building happens to be handy. I'm pretty sure the spot radius also goes through walls, so it's really helpful if your teammates are trying to clear out the tiny buildings between C and D.

EDIT: Guess I was wrong and they don't stick to walls, but shooting them into a wall is still useful if you want to scout that zone.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 8, 2016

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Is the audio bugged or are footstep sounds just a lie Dice tells?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
CANT STUMP THE TRUMP TRAIN
http://i.imgur.com/KGCYHqM.gifv

almost got him into my baleen so that I could feed
http://i.imgur.com/FW8QZeL.gifv

I don't know what his plan was
http://i.imgur.com/uVy7ogz.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
this game sucks

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Wrecks%20Box%20One/video/21325164

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

If you wanna talk about bad (or good?) spawns, I spawned at C right behind a guy and just had to hit melee to kill him.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I spawned on a squadmate and popped up about 10 feet behind him just as a truck barreled through him, and thus me. Shortest and most hilarious life.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I spawned above and behind a squadmate who was on a roof, fell 40 feet, lost 80 health and immediately caught a round from a pistol.

#battelfielddeathconfessions

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What should the BF1 Bone Krew emblem be?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Something in low resolution bada boom

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
A picture of Cosby saying "They called...the 5th Battlefield....Battlefield 1...a Bloo Bloo Bloo rape time"

red19fire
May 26, 2010

quote:

Players that have played the "Battlefield 1" Beta also said that the tanks in the game is almost impossible to defeat because of its new feature that the armor can be repaired while inside the tank, and having a tank can bring huge advantage to the team. So, the players suggest that there will be tank nerfs needed to bring fairness for all the players.

Definitely not a period-correct advantage :classiclol: You better believe teamwork isn't on the list of things for players to consider before nerfing the tanks.

Also there are probably going to be mortars for the support class so we'll have a way to gently caress up snipers. That was the one thing i hated about bfh, snipers as unkillable god-kings.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

2 weeks to go and i'm strongly considering the ultimate edition :negative:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The single player trailer came out and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-vAxVh8ins

:stare: it looks so good

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

YOU VILL NEVER SCHTOP ZE PROGRESS OV MASCHINES!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Those drat middle eastern amish

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Guys, help.

I can't figure out if I should get the early enlister edition.

I've been burned on all the other Battlefield and Battlefront dlc but I can't figure out if this will be better.

It seems like they've learned their lesson after Battlefront.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

EA Access for $5 this month lets you play on the 13th and take 10% off.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Beastie posted:

Guys, help.

I can't figure out if I should get the early enlister edition.

I've been burned on all the other Battlefield and Battlefront dlc but I can't figure out if this will be better.

It seems like they've learned their lesson after Battlefront.

Isn't it just some skins and a few days of early access?

Edit: and five battle packs.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

How the hell do you sign up for EA Access? I go to the website and when I click on the "Get EA Access" button, it just redirects me to a website selling Xbox Live Gold Memberships.

What gives?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

You buy it on Xbox live, unless that's the button you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Chemmy posted:

You buy it on Xbox live, unless that's the button you're talking about.

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/

When I click on "Get EA Access Now", it redirects me to this page: https://login.live.com/login.srf?wa...=1033&id=292543,which is just for an Xbox Live subscription. How does one actually purchase an EA Access subscription?

Are you saying I can only get it through my Xbox One browser, and not online?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Oct 10, 2016