Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Overbite posted:

I appreciate that CS2 has a full color manual just like CS1 did, even if I'm gonna quickly leaf through it and never look at it again.

Wait, what? There was no manual in mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Supremezero posted:

Wait, what? There was no manual in mine!

The ps3 versions have manuals. The Vita ones don't cause of some Sony policy dictating that manuals cannot be included with Vita games.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Slur posted:

The ps3 versions have manuals. The Vita ones don't cause of some Sony policy dictating that manuals cannot be included with Vita games.

What.

What kind of policy is that.

Are manuals life threatening now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Amazon got me my copy on the release day they promised

Game owns so far

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Supremezero posted:

What.

What kind of policy is that.

Are manuals life threatening now.
sony just hates the vita

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
This just popped up on Kotaku, submitting it before I read it: https://kotaku.com/how-to-get-into-trails-one-of-the-best-rpg-series-out-1786275078

Edit: Utterly devoid of anything interesting to anyone that knows the games, but I guess a nice summary for people that might have never heard of Trails.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

This just popped up on Kotaku, submitting it before I read it: https://kotaku.com/how-to-get-into-trails-one-of-the-best-rpg-series-out-1786275078

Edit: Utterly devoid of anything interesting to anyone that knows the games, but I guess a nice summary for people that might have never heard of Trails.

or people like this

quote:

Thanks, I was super confused, remember people telling me to check out this Trails game on the PSP, and then it got a Steam release and suddenly the the franchise kicked off and I wasn’t sure if all the names were just coincidences or not

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

or people like this

lol

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

To be fair "The Legend of Heroes" is such a goddamn generic name I could understand wondering "wait, is this part of the same thing or just generic as poo poo?"

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair "The Legend of Heroes" is such a goddamn generic name I could understand wondering "wait, is this part of the same thing or just generic as poo poo?"

Better than actual anime, legend of legendary heroes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, but first google result for 'are trails in the sky and trails of cold steel the same series' is a gamefaqs thread where xp1337 tells us all that:

quote:

The games take place on the same continent, but in different countries, with Cold Steel occurring after the events of Trails in the Sky.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

thanks xp1337

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
Cold Steel had a good soundtrack, but so far CS2 is blowing it out of the water, and I'm barely out of the prologue. How does Falcom Sound Team JDK keep doing this?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Finished the prologue, game rules so far.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

speaking of getting new people into trails, my friend was kind of ambivalent on getting into trails despite my recommendations, which is fair enough, but then i showed her

then she bought sky and sky sc on steam, as of two seconds ago

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good work

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is that fanart or does Evo add CGs?

e:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the latter

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Killed final boss by throwing a bird at it. :black101:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Only bad thing about taking Kloe into the final FC dungeon is that her S-Craft makes for a bit of an anticlimax.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oh no i'm so bad at maneuvering around behind enemies while hitting them now

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Is that fanart of the ymir inn maids?

Game is good so far and Nightmare feels way better on NG than it did in CS mostly because they haven't changed the prices on items but did double the mira exchange rate. Being able to afford healing items with half the grinding or cooking abuse makes the early game less obnoxious. I can't remember if equipment or anything is now comparatively more expensive, but cooking items and healing items all seem the same.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
And done with FC. Already got SC installed... what's the recommended difficulty if I'm generally decent at JRPGs but don't want to grind or have to min/max?

As far as the ending of FC goes: Did not see the Professor Alba/Weissmann stuff coming. Had a vague idea Joshua's background would be something like that (though I was picturing maybe slightly less murdering than he did - literally "murdering someone every day" is insane). I liked Cassius' heroic last minute arrival, was glad that Colonel Richard might potentially be able to redeem himself, and yeah. All in all, a satisfying ending, not at all inconclusive like I expected it to be given how people say FC/SC are basically just one long game split in two. I mean, I get it given the cliffhanger, but it did resolve its stuff in large part. It's more like the first volume of a typical lengthy fantasy book series than anything else.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Decus posted:

Is that fanart of the ymir inn maids?

That's Joshua and Estelle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

And done with FC. Already got SC installed... what's the recommended difficulty if I'm generally decent at JRPGs but don't want to grind or have to min/max?

As far as the ending of FC goes: Did not see the Professor Alba/Weissmann stuff coming. Had a vague idea Joshua's background would be something like that (though I was picturing maybe slightly less murdering than he did - literally "murdering someone every day" is insane). I liked Cassius' heroic last minute arrival, was glad that Colonel Richard might potentially be able to redeem himself, and yeah. All in all, a satisfying ending, not at all inconclusive like I expected it to be given how people say FC/SC are basically just one long game split in two. I mean, I get it given the cliffhanger, but it did resolve its stuff in large part. It's more like the first volume of a typical lengthy fantasy book series than anything else.
Go with Normal. Hard in SC is way overtuned.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

I'd start on Normal. SC is weirdly difficult in spots, especially at the beginning where you're gonna go up against enemies that heal themselves, call reinforcements, and explode upon death. And the chapter 3 boss rush sucks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

cs2 whew they don't waste any time throwing everything on the table

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

I was staring at that header image for a second trying to figure out what was wrong with it

Then I saw who got the Kellam treatment and cracked the gently caress up

Even the promotional art forgets about him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I was staring at that header image for a second trying to figure out what was wrong with it

Then I saw who got the Kellam treatment and cracked the gently caress up

Even the promotional art forgets about him
Who? Gaius?

He's in the shot, he's just mostly obscured by Emma. You can see him behind her braid.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Endorph posted:

Who? Gaius?

He's in the shot, he's just mostly obscured by Emma. You can see him behind her braid.
Yeah, thus the Kellam treatment. He's technically there, much like in the games themselves.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
That is the definition of the Kellam treatment :)
Hilarious catch haha.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i don't think it's the kellam treatment at all...!!!!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

*pulls out gatling gun and pwns u all* :twisted: :evil:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

doesn't that shot pan in the part of the OP so it's just that specific screen he's covered in

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

i don't think it's the kellam treatment at all...!!!!

On the Fire Emblem awakening game cover, Kellam's head is covered by Chrom's knee

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

On the Fire Emblem awakening game cover, Kellam's head is covered by Chrom's knee
i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but kellam's way more covered than gaius is there. you can see gaius pretty immediately, kellam is a barely visible blur in the background.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
Man, does Toval start with an accessory that halves casting time? That's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Endorph posted:

i know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but kellam's way more covered than gaius is there. you can see gaius pretty immediately, kellam is a barely visible blur in the background.

He's not on FEA's boxart, though?