Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the fidget box is incredibly dumb and its reception in this thread disturbs me

yospos if full of manchildren that try very hard to avoid admiring it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i have the add pretty bad, and i'm terribly fidgety. would love something that i could fidget with but that wouldn't make any coworker-detectable noise

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

prefect posted:

i have the add pretty bad, and i'm terribly fidgety. would love something that i could fidget with but that wouldn't make any coworker-detectable noise

Doodle on post its

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
origami

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Sham bam bamina! posted:

fidgetyness is one of my top 5 personal problems that i cannot fix no matter how hard i try.

my mouth is constantly in a cycle of death and renewal because i chew it until it bleeds.

also i rub my face/scalp raw.

i have to work incredibly hard at not doing these things in public or the workplace, because they're both gross to watch a human being do.

i would never do something as disgusting as eat something off of my foot, but i totally understand how one could absentmindedly do something like that without realizing it.

tl;dr, fidgeting sucks, i cant do poo poo about it, i'd buy a dumb box if i thought it would help (i dont think it will help)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

keyboard vomit posted:

Doodle on post its

i used to doodle during meetings like a psycho on notepads, but i had to stop doing that when my wrists got bad. the whole page would be covered in tiny geometric scrawls

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

my mouth is constantly in a cycle of death and renewal because i chew it until it bleeds.

also i rub my face/scalp raw.

when i'm doing mouse things and not keyboard things, my left hand will migrate up to the top of my head and feel around up there :downs:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

prefect posted:

when i'm doing mouse things and not keyboard things, my left hand will migrate up to the top of my head and feel around up there :downs:

yeah, you may not know this but based on your posts i've long known that we are sadbrains/brokenbrain buddies. i just have cool guy posting persona that masks it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
its a yospos love story

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

prefect posted:

i used to doodle during meetings like a psycho on notepads, but i had to stop doing that when my wrists got bad. the whole page would be covered in tiny geometric scrawls

how about getting one of those finger exerciser things and getting your fingers all swole and then winning a finger-building championship before a tragic downward spiral enabled by your success that eventually is turned into an award-winning biopic and redemption narrative

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

lmao

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Syncopated posted:

its a yospos love story

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
cross-posting from cjs

OSI bean dip posted:

it's finally real (might be :nws:)

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Raise you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/screechdragon/loaded-dice?ref=thanks_share

this came across facebook tonight. . . tl;dr

"high rolls mean more, so let's make pint glasses, and make nerds think it's cool to chug a pint everytime they need to roll a dice"

on the bright side, increased alcohol poisoning

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

its not even the first time

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/suddenly-drunk#/

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

enotnert posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/screechdragon/loaded-dice?ref=thanks_share

this came across facebook tonight. . . tl;dr

"high rolls mean more, so let's make pint glasses, and make nerds think it's cool to chug a pint everytime they need to roll a dice"

on the bright side, increased alcohol poisoning

like playing d&d doesnt already result in excess beer consumption

evilcat
May 16, 2009
This phone failed to meet the goal on indiegogo, so the fix is to make it stand out and more reasonable to produce or something people would want more like the Runcible-oh wait, they added more features and are still trying to get people to subscribe to their mailing list and buy it.
The new specs are:
6.4" 4k screen
3x Snapdragon 830 processors
quad iMAX rear camera with triple lenses for 60Mp
20Mp dual front camera
18GB ram
1.2TB storage
A deep learning AI OS based on sailfish
60GHz wigiG
graphene oxide composite
four sim cards
full augmented reality
And more that was impossible to read on their grey on black image. Luckily it's not going to be made or the hydrogen fuel cell assisted battery (120Wh) will be very impressive.
The slide out keyboard is at least believable, but then they say this:

quote:

"TRI plans on connecting multiple CPUs via WiGig by implementing an ad-hoc driver to the 60GHz channel via on-board USB3.0. This complicated computing process stores a transient matrix in SSD of CPU(1), then it recomputes and shares the transient matrix with the other SSD of CPU(2) simultaneously. This results in the CPUs sharing their computing power in parallel. Such proprietary technology enables TRI to achieve never-seen-before computing power on a mobile device. So what exactly is this technology intended for? The answer is - Computational Intelligence (CI)."
wifi connected CPUs. What could go wrong?
Is the official newsletter of it along with hphotos of their supposed factory in Finland.

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

anthonypants posted:

weren't they always in the public domain

anything made entirely by NASA will generally not be subject to American copyright because it is a government work so lots of old cool stuff is public domain-ish

anything more recent tends to involve contracted work so they have to handle it on a case by case business

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Current fidgeting status:

49,521 backers
$1,889,180 pledged of $15,000 goal
40 days to go

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

goddamn they're going to make a loving lot of money, fair play on hitting the nerd zeitgeist I guess.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah, i rather think that was the kind of quirky good idea that kickstarter actually works for

a stupid-looking enough market that it is hard to imagine any established manufacturer making it, or stores stocking it, but as a bit of a fidgeter myself i can easily see the charm. sort of tempted to pick one up as a gift for a very fidgety friend of mine

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah, i rather think that was the kind of quirky good idea that kickstarter actually works for

a stupid-looking enough market that it is hard to imagine any established manufacturer making it, or stores stocking it, but as a bit of a fidgeter myself i can easily see the charm. sort of tempted to pick one up as a gift for a very fidgety friend of mine

i've got an electrical-plug adapter that i sometimes use for this purpose. kinda like this:

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
there's certain people who legit benefit from having something to do with their hands when they need to think. my grades went up after I started knitting during class in college.

right now I have a 50 pack of colored pencils and one of those coloring books for grownups and a plastic tub of thumbtacks and a wrist rest that I stab with the thumbtacks and various sizes of binder clips to clip and unclip onto random other objects on my desk, my co-workers must think I'm like literally 6

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
why dont you get one of those spring hand exercisers and develop insane grip

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
all the better to jerk off with

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

unpacked robinhood posted:

why dont you get one of those spring hand exercisers and develop insane grip
everyone saying this doesn't understand what fidgety is

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

A Pinball Wizard posted:

coloring books for grownups

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i have a coloring book for grownups. it's called a bunch of looseleaf copier paper on a clipboard in my bag

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

For people who want to draw without any of the rewarding parts of drawing

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
actually i used coloring books for anatomy and that was quite helpful

something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Anatomy-Coloring-Book-Wynn-Kapit/dp/0321832019/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473457806&sr=8-1&keywords=coloring+anatomy

Su-Su-Sudoko
Oct 25, 2007

what stands in the way becomes the way

that actually sort of makes sense and so is irrelevant

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

gently caress, that skeletal system and muscle system ones I have to get.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i actually had 3 or 4 different bio coloring books during early undergrad, at the stage where schools seem to conflate "learn biology" with "how many names of things can you memorize". they were super helpful. also flash cards and all that dumb poo poo. i mean that's a terrible way to learn but that's a terrible way to teach so gently caress it

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Im gettin the turtle hat for my dad

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
most of what ive backed so far. updates for the Glowforge i backed are lookin good too.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
broken reality looks neat but i don't kickstart

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

A Yolo Wizard posted:

most of what ive backed so far. updates for the Glowforge i backed are lookin good too.

got all of these

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Holy poo poo that fidget thing, wish I'd have thought of it and truer words will not be spoken by me probably all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Hey so is the glowforge looking good or not?

I asked in a laser cutters thread and everyone ignored my question except one guy who got pissy. Pretty sure there's backers of it there though so maybe that's like a subtle clue there's trouble, idk

Perhaps i was simply rude & didn't realize

• Locked thread