Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

i cant imagine it running well on the vita

sony was banking on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Every time I see Battleborn in these sales my brains tries to figure out what is supposed to be represented on the cover art and fails.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Awesome! posted:

how is that btw? i cant imagine it running well on the vita

It runs like rear end, but still, XCOM on the go and the price is rathe reasonable. Also, no DLC (but it has Enemy Within core gameplay additions) and no regional voices, everyone speaks English.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

PSN kinda back up. Most poo poo seems to be working ffxiv works but Overwatch won't connect to server

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Vakal posted:

Every time I see Battleborn in these sales my brains tries to figure out what is supposed to be represented on the cover art and fails.

Which should be your first hint that the characters are less "designed" and more "assembled"

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
PSN can't handle the weight of all those extra $10 subs

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Awesome! posted:

how is that btw? i cant imagine it running well on the vita

It runs alright, I mean, like others have said it looks pretty bad, but it has the Enemy Within content in it and it's XCOM on the go so I can't complain too hard. It also means I've bought XCOM 5 times now. I have a problem.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

So Playstation Now is on PCs. And while it still suffers from "pretty average turnout", at least you don't have to subject yourself to a shittier net connection on the PS4.

I tried it. It does what it does. Just gotta plug your controller into the computer, which y'all probably do anyway.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Has anyone ever found a definitive answer to the Vita XCOM's map count? I had the iOS version, and to fit the smaller filesize they gutted over half the maps. Didn't care about the lack of customisation, lovely textures, any of that, but losing the maps eas a dealbreaker. Enemy Within added a ton of new maps too, and that was sold separately on iOS and I never found out what the map count was on that version.

I would buy XCOM for the 5th time if I knew it had all the battlefields.

13/f/cali posted:

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/touhou-genso-rondo-bullet-ballet-le-dlc-bundle/cid=UP1063-CUSA05257_00-TGRBBLEDLCBUNDLE

This is the LE DLC bundle for the Touhou game that came out today. Given that most of the items in this bundle cost money individually, I don't think it is supposed to be free. Grab it while you can.

Hi, gently caress you for this. I have a compulsion to grab free stuff like this "just in case" and now my PS4 library has an entry for an anime game that I don't own and cannot hide.

Karma is real.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Parkingtigers posted:

Hi, gently caress you for this. I have a compulsion to grab free stuff like this "just in case" and now my PS4 library has an entry for an anime game that I don't own and cannot hide.

Karma is real.

Same, but I'm also not paranoid about people seeing my PS4 download history even if I never play it so thanks for passing along the potential glitch free goods and keep up the good work.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i saw parkingtigers psn library and i cannot stop laughing at this fuckin anime loving nerd

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I had the same thought last time Battleborn was on sale and I played it for no more than two hours before shelving it permanently. Overwatch is way better, and I didn't particularly like Overwatch.

Oof, OK, thanks! I'm pretty much in the same boat when it comes to Overwatch. Played it habitually for about a month, and just wasn't really improving or having much fun. Found myself ending each play session more aggravated than satisfied.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Parkingtigers posted:

Has anyone ever found a definitive answer to the Vita XCOM's map count? I had the iOS version, and to fit the smaller filesize they gutted over half the maps. Didn't care about the lack of customisation, lovely textures, any of that, but losing the maps eas a dealbreaker. Enemy Within added a ton of new maps too, and that was sold separately on iOS and I never found out what the map count was on that version.

I would buy XCOM for the 5th time if I knew it had all the battlefields.

I'm considering buying it too, because XCOM 2 is almost here, and the only way I can play XCOM would be to boot up the PS3. Vita would be better and also portable.

Because this is Enemy Unknown Plus, it actually includes the content from Enemy Within? That's what the review says. So it's probably got a decent map count even if the original is gutted, as long as there's more added from Enemy Within?

Only thing I found was a reddit post saying it had all the maps.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

widespread posted:

So Playstation Now is on PCs. And while it still suffers from "pretty average turnout", at least you don't have to subject yourself to a shittier net connection on the PS4.

Ps4 is fine wired. Wifi yeah your right but streaming over wifi is just a bad idea anyways

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't see it mentioned but I got my 20% off code in my email last night so keep your eyes open for that.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

widespread posted:

I tried it. It does what it does. Just gotta plug your controller into the computer, which y'all probably do anyway.

Is there a way to get another free trial for PSNow? I wasted the one I week one by trying out Tokyo Jungle for a hour and never touching it for the rest of the time.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to get another free trial for PSNow? I wasted the one I week one by trying out Tokyo Jungle for a hour and never touching it for the rest of the time.

Make a new account?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Real hurthling! posted:

Ps4 is fine wired. Wifi yeah your right but streaming over wifi is just a bad idea anyways

Some people prefer not walking all the way over to their PS4? I mean, I don't mind but yeah.

Besides, the specs seem low enough to provide a good entry.

Rirse posted:

Either wait for a new one or just monthly plan it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

jabro posted:

Make a new account?

I probably just do that. I still have a old share group account I could logon with on the PC.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's a sequel to pac man championship edition coming out and I couldn't be happier.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Got through Journey in a single hour and a half sitting. It was really well done. The ending feels a bit disjointed from the rest but I guess it was never going for a "here's what you were attempting to do" vibe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

RBA Starblade posted:

Got through Journey in a single hour and a half sitting. It was really well done. The ending feels a bit disjointed from the rest but I guess it was never going for a "here's what you were attempting to do" vibe.

the final level is incredible and i kinda wish it just looped until you quit from the menu

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

No matter how many times I replay Journey, and know exactly how its going to end, I can't not get caught up in the roller coaster of the back half of the game. Its Intense

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Invisible Inc is cool, I was hoping for more of a "what strange and silly ways can I gently caress the guards over" like MGS and Dishonored but your characters start off naked and you're slightly at the mercy of the RNG of what gadgets you get to play with so you end up ghosting and doing lots of strategic door opening and closing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this is weird but whatever. awhile ago my dad started playing the fat princess mobile game. when i talked to him just now he complained that he has been unable to connect to the server for a couple weeks which means he cant get some sort of weekly special puzzle or something. anyone have any ideas i could give him to try? he says he has tried both his phone and ipad and multiple networks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

Invisible Inc is cool, I was hoping for more of a "what strange and silly ways can I gently caress the guards over" like MGS and Dishonored but your characters start off naked and you're slightly at the mercy of the RNG of what gadgets you get to play with so you end up ghosting and doing lots of strategic door opening and closing.

yeah i was really liking it at first but i think you need to play endless for a long time to see a lot of the options and break the monotony of the levels in the short story campaign

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Ineffiable posted:

I'm considering buying it too, because XCOM 2 is almost here, and the only way I can play XCOM would be to boot up the PS3. Vita would be better and also portable.

Because this is Enemy Unknown Plus, it actually includes the content from Enemy Within? That's what the review says. So it's probably got a decent map count even if the original is gutted, as long as there's more added from Enemy Within?

Only thing I found was a reddit post saying it had all the maps.

FWIW, I tried asking Jake Solomon on Twitter, he said he didn't know as it wasn't ported in-house. Suggested contacting 2K directly.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Why the hell can I not preorder Dragon Quest Builders on PSN yet? You would think it would be available for me to do so but noooo. Does Square not want my money? (Apparently they want me to grab one of their two upcoming FF games but ahahaha aint no way)

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can I still beta the 4.0 software or do I have to wait until release?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Tensokuu posted:

Why the hell can I not preorder Dragon Quest Builders on PSN yet? You would think it would be available for me to do so but noooo. Does Square not want my money? (Apparently they want me to grab one of their two upcoming FF games but ahahaha aint no way)

paging the "when you preorder a game, you preorder hitler" crew.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Ryoga posted:

paging the "when you preorder a game, you preorder hitler" crew.
to be fair, there was already a pretty good demo for DQ Builders so it's not as chancy as most

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

CrashCat posted:

to be fair, there was already a pretty good demo for DQ Builders so it's not as chancy as most

there's still no bloody point though, is there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I could see preordering a physical copy because I imagine it will be pretty limited printing and distribution but yeah the only reason to preorder digital is if there's a preload.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Faux Mulder posted:

Look at this guy who has not seen the preorder Call of Duty socks. SOCKS.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
No deal unless there's a kickin' guitar riff whenever I put the socks on.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Faux Mulder posted:

I don't remember if there was a bonus but probably not

Though it would be better to get it cheaper with the Amazon discount if you have Prime and that goes for two weeks yada yada etc etc

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

CrashCat posted:

I don't remember if there was a bonus but probably not

Though it would be better to get it cheaper with the Amazon discount if you have Prime and that goes for two weeks yada yada etc etc

DQB is doing the dumb retailer exclusive cosmetic DLC with Amazon and Gamestop. You get some costumes and cherry blossom trees.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Syrinxx posted:

Look at this guy who has not seen the preorder Call of Duty socks. SOCKS.

there were preorder fallout socks at best buy when fallout 4 came out too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

journey would have been cooler if my travel partners hadn't all fallen off various cliffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Davincie posted:

journey would have been cooler if my travel partners hadn't all fallen off various cliffs

i got a guy with the platinum cape that showed me where everything was through the whole game but got blown off the mountain at the end and it was super tragic that i waited and somehow he came back and we rocked the final stage like a pair of bosses ftw

• Locked thread