Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I hope they don't have the different teams have different focus like in RS/ORAS. It was annoying because I feel like I was missing out in content. Legendaries and pokemons are whatever, I can trade for them, but events... hosed me up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope they don't have the different teams have different focus like in RS/ORAS. It was annoying because I feel like I was missing out in content. Legendaries and pokemons are whatever, I can trade for them, but events... hosed me up.

That's why you buy the Steelbook 2-Game Dual Pack

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

That's why you buy the Steelbook 2-Game Limited Edition Set

Wait, is that actually happening (ala Fire Emblem) or are you messing?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

better yet stop being a content vulture and just play the game

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Team Aether Is Here To Help Pokemon. Team Aether Is Your Friend. Trust Team Aether.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

That's why you buy the Steelbook 2-Game Dual Pack

i already did

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Will Pokemon SuMo have romance options

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Super No Vacancy posted:

better yet stop being a content vulture and just play the game

I just want to be friends with Guzma and also beat him up.

Also I'm poor and games are like $100+ here.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Your choice of Lucifer or YHVH. :v:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Pureauthor posted:

Kukui is married, but Guzma is still your boy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope they don't have the different teams have different focus like in RS/ORAS.

Don't worry they won't.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If they were really doing that, they probably would have focused on showcasing two teams at once instead of just Team Skull.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

I just want to be friends with Guzma and also beat him up.

Also I'm poor and games are like $100+ here.

What region is your 3DS? And what country are you from, if you don't mind me asking? You might be able to cheese having an English eshop/Amazon buying a digital copy/code of the game and giving it to you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Catalina posted:

What region is your 3DS? And what country are you from, if you don't mind me asking? You might be able to cheese having an English eshop/Amazon buying a digital copy/code of the game and giving it to you.

I have an asian 3DS, and combined with the horrible exchange rate, something that cost $40 bucks is around $160. A digital copy might be cheaper but I'm not sure if I really want such a large game in my 3DS.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

sharrrk posted:

i already did

Same. It's the right thing to do. And the official guide, because why not?

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Waffleman_ posted:

Where did it go?
Where did it come from, UB-0?

:five:

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

I have an asian 3DS, and combined with the horrible exchange rate, something that cost $40 bucks is around $160. A digital copy might be cheaper but I'm not sure if I really want such a large game in my 3DS.

Hm, I've helped people with this kind of stuff before (though not this exact case), if you want me to try and see what I can find out, PM me or whatever. For example, if it's not your exchange rate with US dollars that's the problem, Play Asia sells in US dollars and ships anywhere in the world (From Hong Kong, I think). Say you were getting the multi-language Asian version of Pokemon Moon: the cost would be $50+ shipping
http://www.play-asia.com/pokemon-moon-multi-language/13/709x4j

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Why are people assuming the teams are version exclusives. They would've said it, considering they announced the shifted day-night cycle.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pureauthor posted:

This reminds me, what was with that X-Transceiver side quest in BW2 that led to you getting a girlfriend?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Catalina posted:

Hm, I've helped people with this kind of stuff before (though not this exact case), if you want me to try and see what I can find out, PM me or whatever. For example, if it's not your exchange rate with US dollars that's the problem, Play Asia sells in US dollars and ships anywhere in the world (From Hong Kong, I think). Say you were getting the multi-language Asian version of Pokemon Moon: the cost would be $50+ shipping
http://www.play-asia.com/pokemon-moon-multi-language/13/709x4j

it's really a exchange rate problem, to be honest. I really appreciate the help though.

AlphaKretin posted:

This reminds me, what was with that X-Transceiver side quest in BW2 that led to you getting a girlfriend?

They need to bring that back. Calling NPCs is an easy way to give them more character

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

hopeandjoy posted:

Why are people assuming the teams are version exclusives. They would've said it, considering they announced the shifted day-night cycle.

yeah, also it's the "Aether Foundation" not Team Aether, so you know they're extremely on the up and up and not ever up to any bad things at all, never mind that they're researching extradimensional entities and have their own artificial island.

It's like, Team Skull are the obvious threat, but Aether Foundation being secretly evil is about the best Nintendo's ever going to manage in terms of a twist in a Pokemon game's plot.
My theory is that the legendary version exclusive is going to be summoned to protect Alola from the Ultra Beasts.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good edgelord, must be intolerably stupid.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ok so type: null has me interested in the connection it has with Sinnoh so i'm gonna drop a bunch of dumb predictions Maybe giratina isgoing/has gone wild and since nintendo won't release the azure flute nobody can summon arceus to stop him so scientists decide to make their own arceus by liike combining all the pokemon DNA and after getting a few mew and ditto they Create Type: Null sadly not an Arceus Also there's A Zstone for every type And a plate for every type So i think they'll be related and maybe used to power up Type: Null. And maybe when Arceus Holds A Zstone it makes judgement into a badass typed Zmove

Also i think we'll be Getting Zmoves for Roar of Time and Spacial Rend maybe refined from the Lustrous and Adamant Orbs

And i think the littlest edgelord stole his Type:Null from the lab after reading silver's book Professors always leave the windows open or how i got a chikorita and you can tooI

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Kukui is married, but Guzma is still your boy

To whom? Like I think I've heard this before but seen zero evidence where is his wife?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
he has a wedding ring.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

I really like the new team skull guy's theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR1ssSZfoGY&t=136s

It is very, very good. I swear it sounds familiar though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just spend two hours reorganizing my pokemon bank only to have it inform me, right as I tried to save my changes, that the connection had dropped and then, instead of reconnecting and saving, just throwing away everything without so much as a prompt

The entire bank really is a lovely piece of software

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

cheetah7071 posted:

I just spend two hours reorganizing my pokemon bank only to have it inform me, right as I tried to save my changes, that the connection had dropped and then, instead of reconnecting and saving, just throwing away everything without so much as a prompt

The entire bank really is a lovely piece of software

This is true. I wish they'd at least offer the option of organizing by Pokedex number or evolution line so you don't have to spend so much time looking for everything.

Spatula City posted:

yeah, also it's the "Aether Foundation" not Team Aether, so you know they're extremely on the up and up and not ever up to any bad things at all, never mind that they're researching extradimensional entities and have their own artificial island.

It's like, Team Skull are the obvious threat, but Aether Foundation being secretly evil is about the best Nintendo's ever going to manage in terms of a twist in a Pokemon game's plot.
My theory is that the legendary version exclusive is going to be summoned to protect Alola from the Ultra Beasts.

They really should have saved the Aether Foundation for later if that's what they intended. They're waaayy too obviously hidden villains as they are.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I don't care if they're villians, I just want to fight them and steal their fancy clothes.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Geostomp posted:

This is true. I wish they'd at least offer the option of organizing by Pokedex number or evolution line so you don't have to spend so much time looking for everything.

They really should have saved the Aether Foundation for later if that's what they intended. They're waaayy too obviously hidden villains as they are.

Maybe they aren't evil

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Improbable Lobster posted:

Maybe they aren't evil

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This guy really really reminds me of that Rocket Executive from Heart Gold, Petrel:

It doesn't help that Petrels talent was being basically a human Ditto, so he could look like anyone :tinfoil:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

this guy is going to be the one good aether guy and the glasses girl people like is going to be super evil

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

I can't believe the glasses lady was Prof. Umbrage the entire time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm ready for the first female evil villain!!! and for my boy Guzma to be redeemed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
I can't wait for the dating minigame to be announced

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I can't wait for the dating minigame to be announced

it's actually how you tame and capture the Ultra Beasts

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Instead of Contests you'll use your pokemon to set the mood during a romantic dinner with ya boy Guzma

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Maybe they aren't evil

Then they're creepy well intentioned villains who will still need to be taken down for everyone's sake. That or they'll opposed you for trying to help the Ultra Beasts given that one of them is pretty obviously one of your sidekicks. Either way, you'll eventually fight and possibly redeem them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Geostomp posted:

Then they're creepy well intentioned villains who will still need to be taken down for everyone's sake. That or they'll opposed you for trying to help the Ultra Beasts given that one of them is pretty obviously one of your sidekicks. Either way, you'll eventually fight and possibly redeem them.

Maybe you won't have to fight them because they're Good