Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Volume posted:

Looks like some one hasn't listened to The Red Hot Chili Peppers

they were not that bad like 16 years ago, but now... yeah...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Y'all talking about 90s rock and roll but where's the TAD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEllRI_BNg

Let's also not forget when Adam Sandler was somewhat funny once, thanks to Pearl Jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qk3dESfyfg&t=108s

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 7, 2016

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

if this is a thread about bands that suck, I'd just like to say that cage the elephant sucks

defaultluser
Jan 13, 2007

The person can drink sake for the following five reasons. First of all, for the national holiday. Moreover, it fills with the nectar. Finally, for reasons. Next, to heal the dryness of the place. After that, to refuse the future
Fun Shoe

AugmentedVision posted:

what are the good soundgarden songs

Here's one from each of their decent albums (after Louder Than Love):

Somewhere (catchy tune from Badmotorfinger,love that bass line)
Fresh Tendrils (love the lyrics and the breakdown near the middle)
Pretty Noose (modern take on prog, got overshadowed by Burden in my Hand)
Non-State Actor (excellent throwback to their punk/metal roots, good target for all that screaming)

defaultluser fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 7, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

radiatinglines posted:

if this is a thread about bands that suck, I'd just like to say that cage the elephant sucks

if a band has a name that goes

_______ the ______

then it is a sure bet it sucks

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
2016 coldplay sucks. jesus, just retire already.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've been listening to a lot of the fall lately, and this song from 88 kind of reminds me of the 90s buzz rock guitar sound, but good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vobezXjOj4

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Volume posted:

Looks like some one hasn't listened to The Red Hot Chili Peppers

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
I am forced to listen to top 40 pop music all day at work, so Pearl Jam would be a blessing sadly. :smith: y all should give twenty one pilots a try if you dare. Or bonus challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QvdrmRphjc

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

top 40 isn't all bad. in fact, in the past few years, top 40 has been a marked improvement from the wasteland that was 00's top 40 radio.

that said, meghan trainor is perhaps the most obnoxious, terrible performer in music history and that alone would drive me batty if i had to listen to a playlist i had no control over.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Cubey posted:

top 40 isn't all bad. in fact, in the past few years, top 40 has been a marked improvement from the wasteland that was 00's top 40 radio.

that said, meghan trainor is perhaps the most obnoxious, terrible performer in music history and that alone would drive me batty if i had to listen to a playlist i had no control over.

3 of her songs, at least twice every 2 hours. There are worse artists sadly, such as Sia.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
the seattle music "scene" was & is so bad that i took up harsh noise

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Grunge only lasted for like 6 years then people just started making crap and making it sound like crap so it sounded like poors bands. :shrug:
grunge never existed :ssh:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
"do you smoke? here's a flannel shirt, get on stage."

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No seriously, Red Hot Chili Peppers are the loving worst.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

mind the walrus posted:

No seriously, Red Hot Chili Peppers are the loving worst.
nobody talks about how they "really feel" the chili peppers afaik

Garcin
Jun 15, 2000
it's a slick skill to be able to huff paint. All you need is a can of krylon and a paper bag.

And the will to transcend to another dimension.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Tricky D posted:

The worst band is Korn.

We will all be punished for the early aughts and honestly we have it coming

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
there is only one good peps song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_uHJPUlO8

and its not good

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

Cubey posted:

No. Auto-tuned hip-hop is the most unholy blight upon the universe. All else pales.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
do you think theres someone who calls themselves pearl jim because he likes the band so much

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"Jeremy" is a song about a boy who shoots himself in front of his class because he had to listen to the song "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Negrostrike posted:

Y'all talking about 90s rock and roll but where's the TAD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOEllRI_BNg

Hell yes. Best band of the late 80s/early 90s from Seattle.

Ten by Pearl Jam is a really good album!

I was at a bar the other night and a song came on the jukebox. I thought it was Creed but it turned out to be a newer Pearl Jam song.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
I used to know this guy with a band called Spunk Factor Zero. They had a song called Dueling Vedders which was just one guy on guitar and two guys making Pearl Jam gibberish for three minutes. It was mildly amusing for about the first minute on the first listen, which makes it far better than anything Pearl Jam recorded.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Ten was a mind blowing album.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
Nope. Not at all. Not now not ever.

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene
i've never listened to them op so i'll have to take your word for it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I heard even flow on the loving radio so much I reflexively hate it now

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

Rape Stink posted:

Also, Spacehog is rad as gently caress and I will irl fight anyone who disagrees.

"At Least I Got Laid" was the only good song they ever did.

An although I loathe and have always hated PJ from the moment EV's groaning, one-note fart of a voice vomited out of the radio, "Do The Evolution" is a legit, kickass song. It's the only Pearl Jam song I've ever heard where the band sounds energetic and Vedder actually musters up the ability to articulate the chorus.

loving great video, too.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

AugmentedVision posted:

Think about it

If Pearl Jam never happened, neither would have Nickelback, Creed, Fuel, etc. Worst impact on music

If a monkey never banged some rocks and sticks together we would never have music at all and thus no Justin Bieber or ICP.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Cake: What are your feelings on whole Pearl Jam, Soundgarden thing. I hate to put Soundgarden in that class because when their first EP came out I thought they were like Robert Plant fronting the Butthole Surfers, I thought they were amazing.

Kurt: They used to be great, they were even better in like ‘85 when Chris Cornell had a Flock of Seagulls haircut! They were just like the Butthole Surfers, they were amazing.

Cake: Now they’re totally into this metal thing, they’re touring with Guns and Roses... That’s the tour you guys turned down?

Kurt: Right, we turned down Guns and Roses. That would be a big waste of time. I can’t comment on Soundgarden because I know them personally and I really like them a lot, but I have strong feelings towards Pearl Jam and Alice In Chains and bands like that. They’re obviously just corporate puppets that are just trying to jump on the alternative bandwagon - and we are being lumped into that category. Those bands have been in the hairspray / cockrock scene for years and all of a sudden they stop washing their hair and start wearing flannel shirts. It doesn’t make any sense to me. There are bands moving from L.A. and all over to Seattle and then claim they’ve lived there all their life so they can get record deals. It really offends me.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
The only good PJ from the '90s was Harvey

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
what about the Breeders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT6oZGThwis

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

FactsAreUseless posted:

"Jeremy" is a song about a boy who shoots himself in front of his class because he had to listen to the song "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
I also want to use this platform for lovely alt-rock 90s bands to say

Dave Matthews Band, you know who you are

I'm calling you out

what would I say?

I'd say bitch, you loving suck stop playing and go home *throws beer bottle at Dave's fivehead*

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

AugmentedVision posted:

Think about it

If Pearl Jam never happened, neither would have Nickelback, Creed, Fuel, etc. Worst impact on music

Also Eddie Vedder is a talentless retard

And they made a song about banging they moms

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
gently caress you too Smashing Pumpkins

*throws another beer bottle at Birry Colligan's 5head*

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!