Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Law Cheetah posted:

its not a pun on either dummy, its the french word for pink

It can be more than one thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Law Cheetah posted:

its not a pun on either dummy, its the french word for pink

Which just happens to also be a wine? Why use the french word if that's not what you're going for?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cool Gohan is alive and well, unless you're arguing the one-armed loser who got ganked by the frigging Androids is cooler than Great Saiyaman. :colbert:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah! So he wishes for immortality? Don't know why he's need the Super Dragon Balls for that, the regular ones grant immortality don't they? Unless they don't work on gods. So now the only mystery really is how he convinces the GoD to come on board with his plan (also how he gets him into Goku's body).

He needs to use the Super Dragonballs for his immorality. Otherwise the Z fighters could just use the Namek Dragonballs to make him not immortal. Or travel a year into the past/future and reuse the earth ones.

Nothing can trump the super dragon except another super wish.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

pik_d posted:

It can be more than one thing

its not

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cool gohan is dead, sorry

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

One-Armed Gohan basically chose suicide over training Trunks. He kind of sucked!

Had he not done this, huge portions of the show might have turned out differently. He might have time traveled himself with Trunks, he might have been around to help take down Future Dabura and prevented Future Beerus from dying, and...well, I guess they'd still get clowned by Black, though it might have been cool to see Gohan fight some twisted specter of his father.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm still not convinced it's "Ro-zay" over them saying "ro-zu".

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

great saiyaman is a super hero and gohan is a nerd, they can't be the same person. have you seen gohan? he wears glasses, dude. great saiyaman wears sunglasses, they're completely different people. cool gohan died and great saiyaman has nothing to do with nerd gohan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

great saiyaman is a super hero and gohan is a nerd, they can't be the same person. have you seen gohan? he wears glasses, dude. great saiyaman wears sunglasses, they're completely different people. cool gohan died and great saiyaman has nothing to do with nerd gohan

Well, Gohan is a loving father and well-educated familyman, and in the end isn't that the coolest thing of all?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still want Goku Black to go back to teh main time line, gently caress with Gohan's family, and piss him off royal enough for Gohan to murder him.

Gohan VS Goku is the secret final fight that Dragon Ball has been working towards from day one, in one form or another

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Well, Gohan is a loving father and well-educated familyman, and in the end isn't that the coolest thing of all?

that's not what I learned from my role model, son goku

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
maybe if bulma gave cool gohan a heads-up that she had a fucken time machine in the works he wouldnt have committed suicide against some androids

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Aurora posted:

I'm still not convinced it's "Ro-zay" over them saying "ro-zu".

it's spelled ロゼ which is how you spell the wine over ローズ which is how you spell the flower/color

e: also after doing a hot minute of research the french word for pink is not the wine word either! Rose vs Rosé

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

it's spelled ロゼ which is how you spell the wine over ローズ which is how you spell the flower/color

I meant verbally, I didn't know how they spelled it

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Aurora posted:

I meant verbally, I didn't know how they spelled it

they said it out loud as well

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Alan_Shore posted:

Yeah! So he wishes for immortality? Don't know why he's need the Super Dragon Balls for that, the regular ones grant immortality don't they? Unless they don't work on gods. So now the only mystery really is how he convinces the GoD to come on board with his plan (also how he gets him into Goku's body).

It's not that he needed the Super ones specifically, but Zamasu has no knowledge that there were other Dragon Balls. He only learns of the Super Dragon Balls and their power by coincidence, and it's likely Universe 10 doesn't have Dragon Balls at all. For him, these are the only wish-granting objects there are.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Fluffdaddy posted:

they said it out loud as well

I meant it was hard for me to distinguish if they were saying "Ro-zay" or "Ro-zu". I got burned with Gurren Lagann, never again

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's not that he needed the Super ones specifically, but Zamasu has no knowledge that there were other Dragon Balls. He only learns of the Super Dragon Balls and their power by coincidence, and it's likely Universe 10 doesn't have Dragon Balls at all. For him, these are the only wish-granting objects there are.

And he's too stuck up to use filthy balls from those Namekian ningen.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Isn't New Namek in some weird spot in the galaxy now anyways? Zamasu might not even be able to find it, even if he was aware of it. Frieza's army wasn't able to.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza's army is full of useless goobers that couldn't even beat master roshi in a fight

master roshi hasn't been relevant since tien, let alone aliens

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Raxivace posted:

Isn't New Namek in some weird spot in the galaxy now anyways? Zamasu might not even be able to find it, even if he was aware of it. Frieza's army wasn't able to.

He'd find it the same way he finds the Super Dragon Balls: Needlessly threaten Zuno, despite him probably letting Gods get cutsies.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Rudoku posted:

He'd find it the same way he finds the Super Dragon Balls: Needlessly threaten Zuno, despite him probably letting Gods get cutsies.
Ah right, duh.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Saying that Rose fits with the naming scheme fails apart once you remember it's not his name or even a nickname.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Saying that Rose fits with the naming scheme fails apart once you remember it's not his name or even a nickname.

He still named the form.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

black russian, my friend

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Blockhouse posted:

He still named the form.

So did Vegeta and Goku.

Y'all are reaching hard.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx

Aurora posted:

I meant it was hard for me to distinguish if they were saying "Ro-zay" or "Ro-zu". I got burned with Gurren Lagann, never again

What the gently caress was unclear about Gurren Lagann, motherfucker?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

dogs named Charlie posted:

What the gently caress was unclear about Gurren Lagann, motherfucker?

How you pronounce Simon's name.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

so whats his true name

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Stephen hernosky.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
It's pronounced "Fight the Power" but his family name is "Row-Row" which I guess a baka gaijin could misunderstand.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Everyone translated poo poo as "giga drill breaker" and "ganmen" originally :v:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Uh I'll have you know "Giga Drill Breaker" sounds cool as hell. :colbert:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Uh I'll have you know "Giga Drill Breaker" sounds cool as hell. :colbert:

That's why I said I got burned on it :(

The official translations are "break" and "gunmen" which I thought was lame

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

How you pronounce Simon's name.

People found that weird?

I guess since that's how you say Simón in Spanish I never thought very hard about it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

New Leaf posted:

Oh god, by his definition of "mortal", you'd get immortal insects too. Can you imagine an unkillable swarm of mosquitoes?

His definition of "mortal" doesn't include the kais who can definitely (normally) be killed so this doesn't follow at all.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Has anyone noticed that one of Bojacks minions is Chrono?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ImpAtom posted:

Hey, becoming a great scholar with a family was Gohan's life's dream. If this was One Piece, he'd be the most successful character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

Has anyone noticed that one of Bojacks minions is Chrono?

I think you mean Chrono is one of Bojacks minions. Toriama basically just ripped off Dragonball when he designed Chrono Trigger

Lucca = Bulma
Magus = Piccolo
Frog = Krillin
Etc

• Locked thread