Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uR6ql8Dbco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

This is more appropriate with Jeanne around, I think.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I looked a bit closer at the green stuff. A lot of it looks to me like blades of grass but on the right is what is very clearly a medical scalpel and that suggests Anthony Carver is going to be an influence on whatever is happening, probably related to his etheric antennae fuckery. I can't tell what the thing on the left is though, it looks to me like a weird boat.

Edit: I also have a sneaking suspicion that Tom had Annie cut her hair because he wanted to draw the ether in a way that wasn't 'Annie's hair dominates the entire page.'

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

I looked a bit closer at the green stuff. A lot of it looks to me like blades of grass but on the right is what is very clearly a medical scalpel and that suggests Anthony Carver is going to be an influence on whatever is happening, probably related to his etheric antennae fuckery. I can't tell what the thing on the left is though, it looks to me like a weird boat.

Edit: I also have a sneaking suspicion that Tom had Annie cut her hair because he wanted to draw the ether in a way that wasn't 'Annie's hair dominates the entire page.'

I think it's the inner structure of the arrow.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

There looks like at least one maybe two legs in between the spring and the big phalange there.

Also: :gonk:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I definitely see a rowboat in this green stuff.

Ross Perowned
Jun 14, 2012

Shit in my hand and say yeah
It kinda reminds me of the antenna of bone Tony made to get Surma back.

That was a bad thing that happened as well.

Edit: oh, this has been said

Ross Perowned fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 6, 2016

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
All according to plan

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
And that's the soul of a long-dead elf.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No, its the soul of a long dead-elf.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
no, it's eglamore

quick Annie, put on power within and kill it before the others start spawning

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Mazerunner posted:

no, it's eglamore

quick Annie, put on power within and kill it before the others start spawning
I hope she upgraded her pyromancy flame. Alternatively Parley could go for her lame backstab fishing.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Welcome to the FunZone mk2 :getin:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

'Oh thank god, someone to talk to! It is so boring in here.'

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Oh this is a double boss battle.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
OK Annie, you've lived among Forest Folk. Time to make a good impression. Call him fat and ugly. Then tell him his hair is stupid, let him know you mean business.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
And now they're both stuck.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I'm sure elf-ghost will be entirely reasonable and chill.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If he gets all nuts she can let her own anger ghost out for angry ghost fights

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Exposition device activating.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
What a slender man!

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Wulfolme posted:

What a slender man!

:haw:

What's the over-under on this being a talk vs. this being a fight?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"Hey wanna go see your girlfriend?"
"Sure"
End chapter.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

When Jeanne was showing Annie and Parley the vision she referred to her boyfriend as her 'heart'. This guy has a literal heart shape just below his neck.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I'm sure they planned for this.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MikeJF posted:

'Oh thank god, someone to talk to! It is so boring in here.'

'Did you bring any snacks? I could really use some snacks'

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Fecha posted:

I hope she upgraded her pyromancy flame. Alternatively Parley could go for her lame backstab fishing.

Annie, you should should put on your tankiest armor. Havel's, Giant's, Black Iron...whatever. Don't give a gently caress about being slow, Annie. Put the big armor in your inventory, and put it on just before you jump into the funzone.

All that matters is that nothing should interrupt your actions. Throw the grass crest shield on your back for stamina regen. Eat some stamina grass if you have it, too.

Now pick the biggest, most powerful weapon in your arsenal, two-hand that motherfucker, and charge right for the first elf. Get in his face. Swing away, Annie. Swing away!

Annie, you've got pyromancy, so just cast something when you run out of stamina. Don't let something silly like being tired stop you from smacking a bitch up.

Drink some estus when needed. Slot humanity into your item bar so you can snap one if you run out of flasks. Whatever, it's not like they can stop you.

The only thing you should even think about dodging is the hug. Not because it will kill you. Sure, it hurts more than most of their attacks. The big issue is that it takes you out of the fight for about 15 seconds. Sometimes the elves will spam their hug, which is really about the only way to lose.

Swing swing swing swing fireball swing swing swing swing drink swing swing swing fireball swing swing drink dodge fireball swing swing.

Don't stop swinging while an elf is dying, you can still hurt it!

If you do it right, you'll have time to spam "Well, what is it?" three or four times to the empty funzone while you wait for the next elf to spawn.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Who's this douchebag?

And why does he have a little heart right in the middle of his collar bone area?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

BrightWing posted:

And why does he have a little heart right in the middle of his collar bone area?

Highly visible weak point?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The blocky geometric .... thing he's standing is rendered so differently from the characters it's weirding me out.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Scaramouche posted:

The blocky geometric .... thing he's standing is rendered so differently from the characters it's weirding me out.

The guy and the environment are both rendered the same way -- no borders, pastel shading. Since Annie does still have borders, it sets her apart from everything (literally a line separates her from the rest of the environment) and makes everything else seem alien. Getting weirded out seems like an appropriate reaction.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Also the fact that he isn't separate from the environment suggests that his soul is more or less fused with the arrow. Poor guy :(

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Very creepy.

I'm hyped!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm sure this is all a great misunderstanding

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
...She did not expect this. :doh:
The Carver Master PlanTM for the most important part of the operation was literally
1. Find the arrow.
2. Poke the arrow.
3. ???
4. Profit!
:doh:

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 9, 2016

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, I guess Gunnerkrigg Court is over now. Best of luck on your next comic, Tea-san.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It isn't over until the unbound pair of ghosts reunite and slaughter the Court.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's important in any relationship to have some common ground to bond over; for instance, when you and your girlfriend are both bloodthirsty murderghosts.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tupperwarez posted:

OK Annie, you've lived among Forest Folk. Time to make a good impression. Call him fat and ugly. Then tell him his hair is stupid, let him know you mean business.

She should have listened to you. RIP Annie.