Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~

Metrofreak posted:

Man, I cannot wait to see the depths this guy goes to.

It's always weird how worked up people get about Anita Sarkeesian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

They are concerned about dissenting opinions in their safe space (vidya gaems)

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

ThePlague-Daemon posted:

I watched about 5 of her videos recently, and while they're not flawless, they're pretty good intros to feminist issues through pop culture. The only way I can see someone getting all mad about her is if they had decided beforehand that "video games and legos are only for boys and if they're for girls too that means that I don't have them anymore because I can't play with girl things."

:thejoke:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

The 30% of this I can decipher says "please rehome my pet because I am a bad pet owner." I think it's a Southern thing too.

EDIT: The unreadable Facebook message part, not the bad pet owner part.

I brought my Drake has a new favorite as of 15:55 on Sep 7, 2016

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Does anyone know what "one point over my limit" means? I feel like knowing what she was fired for will make this even funnier.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Palisader posted:

Does anyone know what "one point over my limit" means? I feel like knowing what she was fired for will make this even funnier.

It's actually just depressing.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Ah, the Walmart version of occurrences. Sorry facebook lady :(

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Okay what the gently caress. 9 total days sick over the course of six months and you're immediately fired? I knew worker protections in the US could be dire, but jesus christ.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Is the joke here that they're actually badburgers?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Perestroika posted:

Okay what the gently caress. 9 total days sick over the course of six months and you're immediately fired? I knew worker protections in the US could be dire, but jesus christ.

Walmart's approach to employment is "There's always some poor sucker wanting a job, any job, so eat poo poo or get replaced"

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

queserasera posted:

The 30% of this I can decipher says "please rehome my pet because I am a bad pet owner." I think it's a Southern thing too.

I have no idea how people write like this. I'm sure it makes sense in their head, and they don't talk like they're having a stroke in real life, but drat. Anything after 'bloodhounds' I can't decipher at all.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

queserasera posted:

No, they need someone else to take a pet to the vet for unknown reasons. And... they're trying to say something about other pets and possibly an issue with the living space, but apparently several words fell out somewhere between brain and keyboard.

Ularg posted:

The US's approach to employment is "There's always some poor sucker wanting a job, any job, so eat poo poo or get replaced"

Fixed :smith:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Welcome to greatburger, home of the greatburger?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003

theshim posted:

Welcome to greatburger, home of the greatburger?
Def read the FB post in Kel's voice, too

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Perestroika posted:

I worked at two different call centers, in different parts of the US, and they use the same points system, except 9-10 points till you get fired is generous, the all centers had a 7 point limit. calling out sick was 1 point. One call center would "motivate" employees to show up by saying some days were "urgent" work days, and you'd get double points for calling out. If i remember, the Urgent days were every day except wednesday and thursday. Also, mandatory overtime was another favorite thing that manager would do. She only lasted 5 months though, she resigned when someone sent mass anonymous emails to everyone at the call center, calling the manager an incompetent idiot. Getting laid off 2 years later was a godsend for me.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yeah that is pretty sad. I assumed when she was talking about points she meant like money that had gone missing from the till for some reason which is easier to laugh at.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

Elblanco posted:

I worked at two different call centers, in different parts of the US, and they use the same points system, except 9-10 points till you get fired is generous, the all centers had a 7 point limit. calling out sick was 1 point. One call center would "motivate" employees to show up by saying some days were "urgent" work days, and you'd get double points for calling out. If i remember, the Urgent days were every day except wednesday and thursday. Also, mandatory overtime was another favorite thing that manager would do. She only lasted 5 months though, she resigned when someone sent mass anonymous emails to everyone at the call center, calling the manager an incompetent idiot. Getting laid off 2 years later was a godsend for me.

Yup. But they usually package multiple days off (in a row) as one occurrence, thus encouraging employees to take multiple days in a row off instead of squandering their precious occurrences.

Oh, and good luck asking for days off, because you'll almost certainly get denied due to business need. But if you get denied and then call out that day anyway, then congratulations you're getting written up!

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

WrenP-Complete posted:

I thought Brock Turner was a character on venture brothers?

I wish Brock Turner met Brock Samson >.>

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

He's more of a Sergeant Hatred.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

CommonShore posted:

I watched about 5 of her videos recently, and while they're not flawless, they're pretty good intros to feminist issues through pop culture. The only way I can see someone getting all mad about her is if they had decided beforehand that "video games and legos are only for boys and if they're for girls too that means that I don't have them anymore because I can't play with girl things."

:thejoke:

She says a lot of great stuff that's brought a number of issues to light, and then she'll say one or two incredibly stupid things on Twitter.

Apparently, those things actively cancel out everything else she says, and as a result, she's actually a con artist money vampire who is the sole mastermind behind taking away the sex they're not having from video games they don't play.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

I have a greataunt who does pretty much exactly this, so every year on her birthday my post on her wall is "great birthday" and she likes it <3

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

change my name posted:

He's more of a Sergeant Hatred.

At least Sergeant HatredVatred knows what he did was wrong and accepts responsibility for it.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Takoluka posted:

She says a lot of great stuff that's brought a number of issues to light, and then she'll say one or two incredibly stupid things on Twitter.

Like what, exactly?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/a/qvzEz

It's weird, it seems like genuine problems for men at some points

But then the pendulum swings in the other direction so hard it gets stuck in the wall.

And I'm not old or up to date on history so I don't even know what this is

http://imgur.com/a/rRvBn

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The gently caress does the Tit/rear end comments have to do with MRAs? Like, everyone has an rear end, but Tits are a banned word by FCC. So yea it's considered vulgar to a lot.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Someone thinks they cracked the code.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Indian MRAs always confuse me.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Perestroika posted:

I had a government job in Florida (for approx. three months) that forced people to take sick days as vacation days if the sick days fell on Mondays or Fridays. There were other fizzbin-esque rules for the time off, like different yearly caps for leave accrual, number of leave hours devoted to each, etc., but I never accumulated enough leave for it to matter.

According to a relative who works for a Walmart supermarket, you get a number of points subtracted from your total on your work anniversary based on your seniority. It's still bullshit.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yeah that is pretty sad. I assumed when she was talking about points she meant like money that had gone missing from the till for some reason which is easier to laugh at.

I thought it was BAC, seemed reasonable.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Phone posting is hard

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
If it falls under FMLA they can't fire you for calling in sick.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Panfilo posted:

If it falls under FMLA they can't fire you for calling in sick.

Which probably is why they made queserasera take his sick days as vacation, so they have that loop hole.

The "Right To Work" bill will never not be smothered in irony for me. I'm embarrassed for my home state.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I thought she meant points on her driver's license.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My friend posted one of those "Post three photos that make you feel beautiful and tag all your friends" things, but something weird happened.

I went to look at the lady's page and welp

The two identical posts on June 12 were actually there. I don't know what the hell is with this person.

I'm still not sure what her problem with my friend's hair was, it looked fine to me.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

RareAcumen posted:

http://imgur.com/a/qvzEz

It's weird, it seems like genuine problems for men at some points

But then the pendulum swings in the other direction so hard it gets stuck in the wall.

I know that it's mostly because people who post this are idiots, but what would they call "unwanted, coerced sex" if not rape. Like "unwanted, coerced sex" is pretty much the definition of rape. Would they say "This wasn't homicide because the one person just purposely murdered the other person"?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Huh you're right, my eyes had glazed over by then so I just read something about "coerced sex rape" and figures it didn't want to know more.

But that's literally the definition yeah.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Maybe they mean that only women are able to call coerced sex 'rape', while men don't get the liberty to do so. It is a serious issue that a lot of people think men can't be raped, but these assholes have zero interest in actually fixing it. They just want feminists to be quiet, and keep the status quo going.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

I know that it's mostly because people who post this are idiots, but what would they call "unwanted, coerced sex" if not rape. Like "unwanted, coerced sex" is pretty much the definition of rape. Would they say "This wasn't homicide because the one person just purposely murdered the other person"?

There are plenty of places where the legal definition of rape explicitly excludes men from being protected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think what they are trying and completely failing to get across is that when a woman says she was raped after being coerced into sex she is more often believed, but when a man says the same thing when the genders are reversed it's just considered "Getting laid". A few romantic comedies have mirrored this ugly side of things, most infamously in 40 days and 40 nights (In which a guy goes without masturbating for the alotted time) and when he is raped by his female friend shortly before he wins the bet, his girlfriend gets mad at him for cheating on her.