Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Josh Lyman posted:

How much are these AirPods gonna cost? Anything more than $99 is a joke.

Haha... have you never purchased decent wireless headphones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
This is the most "do not buy first generation Apple products" product of all time.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
5 hour battery life lol!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sue posted:

5 hours of music playback?
No thanks.

Lightning headphones are fine.

I don't think you've taken a look at the battery life on most BT headsets 5 hours is about the right range.

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001
Company that basically invented the mp3 player, please make it harder to listen to music. Want something extra that's small and expensive to charge please.

Disrupt the headphone marketplace. Dongle the world.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I'm definitely interested in that W1 chip, though. It uses iCloud to pair your poo poo automatically to MacOS poo poo.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner
looking forward to having these wireless headphones fall out of my ears every 30 seconds just like the normal loving earpods

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

One word to be able to wear those stupid Air Pods in public? “Courage”

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Haha... have you never purchased decent wireless headphones?
I have never purchased wireless headphones, period.

Maybe I bought an IR/RF set back in 2001.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think the airpods are cool but I can't stop from losing headphones with like 8 feet of wire on them so these things would be gone within a day.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Look at this sick-rear end vertical integration

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lmbo if you dont use the cassette tape link to listen to your music from your phone

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

scuz posted:

cool so charging my phone and having it plugged in to the aux jack in my car at the same time is never gonna happen again, thanks for the courage, apple

Just buy a Bluetooth adapter because any car after 2015 is going to probably go Bluetooth with no aux port.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

emdash posted:

good news, new cars don't even have 3.5mm plugs (source: I have a 2016 civic)
bad news, us plebes have to manage with old cars and $79 after-market stereo systems.

what kinda bourgeois folks can afford new cars, seriously.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Can't I just stick lollipops in my ears for the same effect?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Lol wait did they even say how much the earbuds were?

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

90% of .000001% == huge hit

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Are they including aptX support or just crappy Bluetooth?!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Utnayan posted:

5 hour battery life lol!

this is actually really good comparatively, parrot ziks comes with a battery about the size of a small post-it square and it gets 8 hours

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Hi Felica

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bye felica

eames
May 9, 2009

Binary Badger posted:

Can't I just stick lollipops in my ears for the same effect?

at least you'd look cooler :shrug:

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
"We need the darkest skin black model available for the new promo video on the Airbuds" - Tim Cook

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Cant wait for them to bring out the new 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro with NVidia Geforce 1070 dGPU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

scuz posted:

bad news, us plebes have to manage with old cars and $79 after-market stereo systems.

https://www.amazon.com/ION-Audio-Cassette-Adapter-Bluetooth/dp/B00I3YLHAC

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

How about you take your 500 billion dollars and build the US a functional transit system

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'll actually buy AirPods if they aren't silly expensive. I wanted wireless headphones and these look like the first ones that won't be annoying to keep a charge.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

track day bro! posted:

Cant wait for them to bring out the new 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro with NVidia Geforce 1070 dGPU

keep dreaming

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

MarcusSA posted:

I don't think you've taken a look at the battery life on most BT headsets 5 hours is about the right range.
Mine are like 8-10 actually. 5 is real bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

nerdrum posted:

This is the most "do not buy first generation Apple products" product of all time.

Nope that's still the watch.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib

Vinlaen posted:

Are they including aptX support or just crappy Bluetooth?!

I don't think this is BT by any means.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

My car doesn't have a Tape deck. It does have an aux port though. and yeah I know you can get a bluetooth adapter for that.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

scuz posted:

i was being ironic, it's really stupid that cars are getting rid of 3.5mm when there's no possible argument that there's not enough space

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Hey it's the annual "mooreslaw.jpg but let's pretend we're doing something noone else is"

eames
May 9, 2009

Is this ARM big.LITTLE?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Apple running away with the mobile processor power title.. again

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

TheBuilder posted:

"We need the darkest skin black model available for the new promo video on the Airbuds" - Tim Cook

I'd like to imagine all the black folks in the demos of how well the new iPhone camera works is a specific photographer in-joke "gently caress you" to Fuji.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
iPhone 7: 1,200,000,000x faster than the ENIAC!

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

emdash posted:

good news, new cars don't even have 3.5mm plugs (source: I have a 2016 civic)

Both my 2016 Honda HRV and my 2016 Fiat 500x have 3.5mm. Did you cheap out on the trim kit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

Dexo posted:

My car doesn't have a Tape deck. It does have an aux port though. and yeah I know you can get a bluetooth adapter for that.

Good thing it literally comes with a 3.5mm adapter for free.

• Locked thread