Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pureauthor posted:

So this is it? Has the Vita officially been killed off by Sony?

It has never actually lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Pureauthor posted:

Lol didn't they close a bunch of the studios they told to make stuff for it like a month after vita launch?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

They made some studio for that crappy Little Deviants game and closed it like as Vita launched. I got that game for free with my launch bundle and have yet to put it in my Vita.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The most prophetic of Vita titles

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Pureauthor posted:

how can you kill that which has never really

Healbot posted:

It has never actually lived.
gently caress

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Sakurazuka posted:

So Little Deviants will save the Vita today at the Sony conference?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

:pusheen:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Reminder: 3PM Eastern for the conference.

Nintendo already got a head start on Sony by announcing a Mario infinite runner for iOS

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Slur posted:

So Little Deviants will save the Vita today at the Sony conference?

Killer title: Little Deviants 2: Now the Deviants Have Big Tits

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will poo poo my pants if there's a Vita 2.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Already preordered my Nathan Drake and Hatsune Miku Collector's Edition Vi2a 3000 NEW XL

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

In Training posted:

I will poo poo my pants if there's a Vita 2.

Please :toxx:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
please don't toxx in training to actually poo poo his pants if something he wants is announced

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not actually going to poop myself.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
You're why we can't have nice things.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The state of my bowels is directly tied to Andrew House.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm not actually going to poop myself.

Shameful.

Anyway, here's your Reddit/Chinese BBS""""""""leak""""""""" an hour before the show that will be proven wrong in said hour.

quote:

"PS FANTASY": Appearance inheritance PSP, the Vita. Resolution 5.5 inch screen 1920x1080. Equipped with a L1R1, L2R2, L3R3 button. Rear touch function is alive and well, there is also a camera. Also adopted a card format with the Vita, a maximum capacity of 32GB. Vita There software and compatibility. PSP title corresponding to the DL version. Vita, not the image quality of the PSP title. Connected to the PS4 via WiFi, you can play the PS4 title

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The rear touch isn't even that bad I just think Sony should've been smarter and put a couple grooves in the corners to act as L2/R2.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Rear touch is a worse idea than the always online bullshit Microsofts baby boomer retards came up with to murder their own console in the crib

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Always online is one of those things that in theory sounds alright - I certainly don't care about my console always being online...usually. But these guys never look at the failure cases. Like, when the PSN went down and then suddenly you couldn't play any games at all (or was that a lovely firmware update?) It may not gently caress everyone, but those that it does gently caress, it fucks them hard.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's amazing because you always hit it when you don't want to, but when there's something mapped there you miss it half the time. Garbage.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rear touch is very bad + I also don't know why they keep putting cameras on game consoles (Vita/3DS/Wii U)

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Phantasium posted:

It's amazing because you always hit it when you don't want to, but when there's something mapped there you miss it half the time. Garbage.

As with most of Vita's functionality, Tearaway did it best, using the rear pad as a thing that didn't require any precision.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You'd think even one person in the Always Online meetings would have some kind of colored-in map of America that says 'holy poo poo look at all these places that literally can't do that'. Or if they did I guess they just didn't give a gently caress.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The crazy man announcing Xbox One literally told people who didn't fit in with their online only vision to go buy Xbox 360s instead. They cannot be reasoned with.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

You'd think even one person in the Always Online meetings would have some kind of colored-in map of America that says 'holy poo poo look at all these places that literally can't do that'. Or if they did I guess they just didn't give a gently caress.
someone pointed out that navy vessels don't have internet access but sometimes have game consoles in the break room and some microsoft exec literally made fun, of the navy

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Rear touch is very bad + I also don't know why they keep putting cameras on game consoles (Vita/3DS/Wii U)

Tearaway and Bravely Default did some interesting things with the camera, so it can be used, just usually noone cares to.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

El Hefe posted:

The rear touch isn't even that bad I just think Sony should've been smarter and put a couple grooves in the corners to act as L2/R2.

would have been nice

Policenaut posted:

Shameful.

Anyway, here's your Reddit/Chinese BBS""""""""leak""""""""" an hour before the show that will be proven wrong in said hour.

yes i do not like this at all
microsd vita would move units, lots of people who previously claimed that there was nothing worth playing on the vita surprisingly horned over the idea of pirating vita games

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Szurumbur posted:

Tearaway and Bravely Default did some interesting things with the camera, so it can be used, just usually noone cares to.

I loved seeing my ugly mug plastered on every other wall in Tearaway, especially when some of them started animating.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

Nintendo already got a head start on Sony by announcing a Mario infinite runner for iOS
I guess they had to wait for No Mario's Sky to prototype it for them

FiestaDePantalones posted:

You're why we can't have nice things.
poopy pants are nice things?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Maybe the conference is just going to be like an hour of chill jams set to a PS logo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Pokémon Go guarantees that any future portable hardware will have cameras and a GPS as they attempt to recapture lightning in a bottle.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is the conference being streamed somewhere

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11XjMplfTd4

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This isn't actually a human, it's an artificial lifeform designed for powerpoint presentations.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

is PSP3 on shelves yet

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

no vita news, sony sells televisions only now

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Mark Cerny, 11 Billion IQ, TV Salesman