Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Binary Badger posted:

Apple Debut Of New iPhone Ruined By Confusing Anime Dancers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

EL BROMANCE posted:

Just to annoy people I recompress lossy music to 128kbit AAC on my phone then listen to it with my BT headphones. I appreciate good quality audio but I can justify this by not being a massive sperg about it.

AAC is really good at lower bitrates so I bet most posters couldn't tell the difference

BT on iPhones is 256 Kbps anyways

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

keevo posted:

What's with the split screen? Is it like one is being shot by an iPhone?

I think it's the music video so you can judge how poorly the dancer is doing

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

keevo posted:

What's with the split screen? Is it like one is being shot by an iPhone?

the performance is so boring they are playing the music video at the same time

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

cmon tim you just hosed it up for the cash cow owners

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
They need to measure battery life in Pokemon Go time

eames
May 9, 2009

jobs would be so thrilled right now

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's not, whoever is directing is loving up and not cutting full screen to the moving camera feeds.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Wait this is still going?

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
This is a lot more confusing with the sound off.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Binary Badger posted:

Apple Debut Of New iPhone Ruined By Confusing Anime Dancers New iPhone

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

New iPhone thread title

Inspect Your Gadgets › the iPhone Thread: Apple Debut Of New iPhone Ruined By Bad Anime Cosplay Dancers

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK NO MACBOOKS

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vSe-mmw

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

One more thing! The MacBookPro is dead

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
Apple knows the demographic that buys Android phones, hence the Anime

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

eames posted:

jobs would be so thrilled right now

This but probably unironically. People love to forget all the stupid poo poo Jobs did.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dubstep Jesus posted:

AAC is really good at lower bitrates so I bet most posters couldn't tell the difference

BT on iPhones is 256 Kbps anyways

I don't notice a significant quality difference and the space saving on my 64gb phone is worth it. Maybe I'll get a different contract with a better data plan and go all Apple Music soon instead. Either way, I don't expect to have the same aural quality on my phone as at home and not once have I ever been walking down the street and cared about it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
So no wireless charging yet.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I

fourwood posted:

This but probably unironically. People love to forget all the stupid poo poo Jobs did.

iPod socks aren't the same as $159 wireless earbuds with not even a workday worth of battery life along with a product line filled with so much redundancy its becoming a retail joke. The differentation from a 6S to a 7 is so unbelievably insignificant to at least 80% of the average user that I can't understand how this thing got past a board of directors. There is no marketable feature that differentiates this thing from the prior generation outside of a camera feature that again, the average user does not give a poo poo about.

Also, the glaringly intentional and obvious bid to get Beats users on some kind of upgrade cycle with the 3.5mm drop is so transparent and bad from a consumer loyalty stand point its kind of outrageous.

nerdrum fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 7, 2016

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Lblitzer posted:

They're going to get your money unless you wanna wait 6-12 months and buy used.

I just bought a $199 phone subsidized from Sprint. It's also available and will continue to be available for Verizon, AT&T, and Tmobile. When you go to a store (If you are interested in being remotely fiscally responsible and not throwing away money) all you have to do is say this when you enter or you will switch carriers and wallah. Oh hey look at that, those price point plans still exist.You just saved $569 over the course of a year by just paing $199 up front and entering a contract which doesn't really matter anyhow.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Welp, anyone who ordered a new iPhone 6/6S just got a mean whack in the groin.

NEEEEEEEYYYAAARRGH

particle9
Nov 14, 2004
In the guide to getting dumped, this guy helped me realize that with time it does get better. And yeah, he did get his custom title.
Airpods are $159 lol

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMEF2AM/A/airpods

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

NYYYAAARRGH

what the hell does this even mean, my balls feel pretty fine right now

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Binary Badger posted:

NEEEEEEEYYYAAARRGH

Why would you order one this close to the conference/launch though

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

mAlfunkti0n posted:

How exactly? It would require my line go back in for a contract if it was possible, which would require me to dig out some old data plan (if it's even available in the system anymore), spend $20 more on every single line I have (9 of them) for a marginal amount of money. Not worth the time and irritation. If saving a few bucks is that important, likely you don't need a smartphone anyways.

I guess they no longer offer it now, but I just said it was the only way I was buying something that day at the store I was at so the guy said he'd make it happen but it probably wouldn't be possible again.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

nerdrum posted:

Also, the glaringly intentional and obvious bid to get Beats users on some kind of upgrade cycle with the 3.5mm drop is so transparent and bad from a consumer loyalty stand point its kind of outrageous.

By transparent and bad do you mean courageous?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What's the cheapest way for me to have an iPhone? Just buy outright and do sim only contract for like a tenner presumably?

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Binary Badger posted:

New iPhone thread title

Inspect Your Gadgets › the iPhone Thread: Apple Debut Of New iPhone Ruined By Bad Anime Cosplay Dancers

Just :lol: if it's not

Inspect Your Gadgets › the iPhone Thread: COURAGE

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

What's the cheapest way for me to have an iPhone? Just buy outright and do sim only contract for like a tenner presumably?

Steal one

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
Lololol the volume controls on Airpods are done via Siri. No loving way.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Question Mark Mound posted:

Whattttttt

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Utnayan posted:

I just bought a $199 phone subsidized from Sprint. It's also available and will continue to be available for Verizon, AT&T, and Tmobile. When you go to a store (If you are interested in being remotely fiscally responsible and not throwing away money) all you have to do is say this when you enter or you will switch carriers and wallah. Oh hey look at that, the those price point plans still exist.

Okay but I don't think you get what subsidized means. You are paying for the full price of the phone no matter how you go about it. In some cases maybe more than others. Just because you paid upfront $200 doesn't mean you're saving $500. Carriers fix that into the price of the plan so people always think they're getting a great deal.

I don't mind paying $40/month for a brand new phone with insurance and every year upgrade when my plan costs just $30/month.

el_caballo
Feb 26, 2001

Question Mark Mound posted:

BT is the future get with it my man.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

"Siri, my ears are bleeding and I'm puking up internal organs."

"INCREASING VOLUME, THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW"

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Lblitzer posted:

Okay but I don't think you get what subsidized means. You are paying for the full price of the phone no matter how you go about it. In some cases maybe more than others. Just because you paid upfront $200 doesn't mean you're saving $500. Carriers fix that into the price of the plan so people always think they're getting a great deal.

I don't mind paying $40/month for a brand new phone with insurance and every year upgrade when my plan costs just $30/month.

Seriously. On contract my plan was $75-80/month. Now it's $55/month. How am I throwing away money again?!

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Lblitzer posted:

I have not paid any differently on my contracted price in the last 10 years over 5 upgrades. Which is $49 a month unlimited data.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

particle9 posted:

Airpods are $159 lol

or $0 if you park yourself near a paved trail in a gentrified town and wait for a runner to lose them

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Utnayan posted:

I have not paid any differently on my contracted price in the last 10 years over 5 upgrades.

Yes but if you went off contract your plan would be cheaper for the same options you thick headed goon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Apple AirPod: perfect Dyson fan replicas for your hamster's apartment diorama.

• Locked thread