Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.
I may be misinformed but I do believe that the DLC does go on sale for ps3/Xbox. I was arguing based on that assumption because my argument doesn't hold much water without it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

denimgorilla posted:

At this point I'll assume you are trolling anyways.

So much for good faith, I suppose.

imagine dungeons
Jan 24, 2008

Like an arrow, I was only passing through.

Geniasis posted:

So much for good faith, I suppose.

To be fair, I really just meant Waltzing Along with his comments about entitlement and such but should have specified.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

denimgorilla posted:

I may be misinformed but I do believe that the DLC does go on sale for ps3/Xbox. I was arguing based on that assumption because my argument doesn't hold much water without it.

It does. I bought Leviathan and Citadel on 360 for half price. I'd buy Omega for, I dunno, less.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

2house2fly posted:

It does. I bought Leviathan and Citadel on 360 for half price. I'd buy Omega for, I dunno, less.

Omega would have been a better dlc if you could have walked around the area as a new hub after the mission.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Spacebump posted:

Omega would have been a better dlc if you could have walked around the area as a new hub after the mission.

the best part of Omega is that after it's done, Aria, who wants you to Take Back Omega so she can be back on Omega because she IS Omega is sitting on the same couch she always sits on in Purgatory, because it's "easier to coordinate" things from there

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Is Omega the place where you get the thermal sniper scope mod? Because I did appreciate that about it.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Omega is the one gameplay DLC I skipped when I rebought the series on PC.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Omega is the one gameplay DLC I skipped when I rebought the series on PC.

It's ok, not great. Citadel is way more fun. Plus you get the Lancer and the silenced pistol which are basically the only two guns you need for the rest of the loving game.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
https://twitter.com/truffle/status/770801914694950912

that's the combat designer for ME2

shoulda made it 30% tbh

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Omega is totally skippable as far as ME3 DLC goes. Leviathan and Citadel are much higher quality because they had the full VA cast on hand for both, which means they're way better integrated into the story than most Bioware DLC tends to be. Only get Omega if you really love the setting or Aria, for some reason??

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Omega has a female turian squadmate. That's pretty cool in my book.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Just play multiplayer where all the DLC is free.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
For one playthrough, Leviathan was better, but I think Omega was more fun in repeated playthroughs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The best part of Omega is the modern dance segment.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I think Omega is fine, but story wise it's totally skippable.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Yeah, my first time through Omega, before I spent any time in MP really learning how to play different classes and such, it was a huge slog and the story doesn't really fit in to the whole Reapers thing, and the link to Cerberus is based entirely on fanficEU stuff, so it was really unpleasant. But after spending time in MP, really learning the combat system, it was more fun to play through. The story is still dumb though

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Just played Omega for the first time last night.
Aria sucks. Nyreen is cool.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Omega is totally skippable as far as ME3 DLC goes. Leviathan and Citadel are much higher quality because they had the full VA cast on hand for both, which means they're way better integrated into the story than most Bioware DLC tends to be. Only get Omega if you really love the setting or Aria, for some reason??
Yeah, Omega doesn't "do" anything storywise, though I will say some of the environments are neat and it's pretty much all combat - and since ME3 combat is fun it makes it OK. Definitely my lowest-ranked ME3 DLC though.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Omegia is a story about aria walking all over her ex girlfriend in a fairly unpleasant way

the ex then dies in battle to prove herself to waifu aria

wookieepelt
Jul 23, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

Omegia is a story about aria walking all over her ex girlfriend in a fairly unpleasant way

the ex then dies in battle to prove herself to waifu aria

It's been a while since I played it, but didn't she sacrifice herself to defy Aria?

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

wookieepelt posted:

It's been a while since I played it, but didn't she sacrifice herself to defy Aria?

Basically. She dies saving civilians while Aria was like "lol, gently caress them".

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Omega backstory:

Aria has a daughter.
Kai Leng kills daughter.
Aria leaves planet for funeral.
Cerberus takes over while she is gone.
Aria recruits Shepard to get her house back.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Beefstew posted:

Basically. She dies saving civilians while Aria was like "lol, gently caress them".

Yeah but Aria spent the whole DLC going 'hey [whatever the turian's name was], you're so scared of the new husk enemies, aren't you, you ran away from them you failure!' Her heroic moment felt all about proving that wrong to me :shrug:

Strategic Tea fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 1, 2016

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
I liked the villain in Omega. :shrug:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
The best part of Omega is constantly talking Aria down, taking the high road, then blowing the dude's brains out at the end.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

monster on a stick posted:

I liked the villain in Omega. :shrug:

Oh yeah, he was kinda neat. He was better written than TIM in ME3. :v:

Also, I'm playing Leviathan for the first time now and I'm actually really enjoying it. It captures a Mass Effect 2-style atmosphere in the middle of ME3. It's less about WAR AND LOSS and more about mystery and intrigue. So much better.

El Mido
Feb 22, 2011
Really, people liked the Omega DLC villain? Dude had an ugly-rear end default Bioware face and fiddled with a chess board while congratulating himself for being smart, he's trash.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Did someone knock over the king when he was defeated? I don't remember...

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

El Mido posted:

Really, people liked the Omega DLC villain? Dude had an ugly-rear end default Bioware face and fiddled with a chess board while congratulating himself for being smart, he's trash.

Agreed. I liked the DLC but didn't care for him one bit. He was all talk and no show and a let down as the villain.

Strategic Tea posted:

Did someone knock over the king when he was defeated? I don't remember...

I think he knocked it over himself.

I posted before about the Initiation book that was supposed to come out last month (August). I tweeted at the Bioware and Mass Effect Twitters multiple times but never got any response about it. Friend did some searching and found a potential release date of November 14 on Good Reads. I believe they said we were supposed to start getting more information in August/September so I guess we have to wait it out and see.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The book had to be re-edited because it lacked cereal theft and peeing in plants.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Actually that reminds me, I was reading about western diplomats in Moscow. Apparently Russian intelligence likes to screw with them by moving their things around while they're out and so on. One guy came back to his apartment and someone had taken a dump on his floor.

Kai Leng - KGB certified!

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
The fact that the book is written by NK Jemisin of all people is shocking to me

like they went from "lol autism is cured don't worry about it" to an actual author

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Pattonesque posted:

The fact that the book is written by NK Jemisin of all people is shocking to me

like they went from "lol autism is cured don't worry about it" to an actual author

I want Peter Watts to write about the Reapers.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Honestly he's not high art or anything but poo poo, I'd love Peter David to have a crack at a Mass Effect book or three. Liked his license Star Trek books a lot when I was a kid.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

DrNutt posted:

Honestly he's not high art or anything but poo poo, I'd love Peter David to have a crack at a Mass Effect book or three. Liked his license Star Trek books a lot when I was a kid.

His run on Incredible Hulk was amazing. He turned a stupid hulk smash character into something that was about as good as anything being written at the time.

E: And early on he teamed with Todd MacFarlane before he was famous. Mr Fixit!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peter David also created bearded Aquaman. He's cool.

Apparently he also thought Michael Keaton as Batman was cool at a time when nerds thought it was stupid.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
GUYS.

There's MEA gameplay happening right now on the Playstation Twitch, also on the page: https://www.twitch.tv/ https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

Here's new 4K tech video too, just posted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1hBNALUk4w

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Actual gameplay footage of Andromeda currently on Sony's new Playstation stream.

EDIT: Aaand over. No combat, mostly walking and jumping with a cutscene at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
that's kinda pretty

interesting that their first reveal focus on scanning things and exploration

• Locked thread