Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So, Future's End Tim is still out there. He just returned to Terry the Batman Beyond mantle. With all the rumors about Tim Drake dying I was certain Future Tim was the one who would bit it. Granted, still can happen in the Rebirth issue but still.

Other than that, Rebirth has killed all of my interest on DC aside of RHATO. This "back of the basics" approach isn't working for me. Pity, I really liked the N52 and I was looking forward to Rebirth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.

quote:

Other than that, Rebirth has killed all of my interest on DC aside of RHATO.

The most ringing endorsement yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Semper Fudge posted:

The most ringing endorsement yet.

Holy poo poo DC is really good right now guys.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Rebirth: objectively an unqualified success.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, Future's End Tim is still out there. He just returned to Terry the Batman Beyond mantle. With all the rumors about Tim Drake dying I was certain Future Tim was the one who would bit it. Granted, still can happen in the Rebirth issue but still.

Other than that, Rebirth has killed all of my interest on DC aside of RHATO. This "back of the basics" approach isn't working for me. Pity, I really liked the N52 and I was looking forward to Rebirth.

What do you read besides Red Hood?

Genuinely curious, because I don't think I've ever seen you post about anything besides Red Hood.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Roth posted:

Genuinely curious, because I don't think I've ever seen you post about anything besides Red Hood.

I think he has a fairly broad pull list of DC titles, as there have been weeks where he will chime in on nearly everything that they've put out. It's rare though that his interest in anything besides Redhood rises above luke warm.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

A good, print Supergirl ongoing?
Where are the cameras. Someone is pranking me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, Future's End Tim is still out there. He just returned to Terry the Batman Beyond mantle.

Jesus, why? Why are they hanging on to a spin-off to a mediocre event that no one really liked? All people want out of a Batman Beyond comic is more loving Batman Beyond, not some dystopia future created by Brother Eye.

(Of course I say this realizing the total irony in my statement since one of the agreed-upon best books from Rebirth is Superman, starring pre-Flashpoint Superman and his kid spinning out of Convergence, a mediocre event no one really liked.)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

To be fair, the tie-ins for Convergence were rad as all hell.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Space Fish posted:

A good, print Supergirl ongoing?
Where are the cameras. Someone is pranking me.

I liked most of the new 52 book!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Really enjoyed Issue 6 of Batman and Superman. It's nice how the books can be so different in tone yet also still make me feel like I'm reading about heroes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Roth posted:

When Rebirth started I was reading all the Batman, Superman and GL stuff but right now I'm only sticking with Red Hood.

I might continue with Hal Jordan and the GLC based on how the plot goes, but Venditti has burned me out too many times already.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

When Rebirth started I was reading all the Batman, Superman and GL stuff but right now I'm only sticking with Red Hood.

I might continue with Hal Jordan and the GLC based on how the plot goes, but Venditti has burned me out too many times already.

Do you read any other comics from anyone else? Or do you just buy 3 different copies of RHatO?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Other than that, mangas. And the occasional local edition TPBs that catch my eye.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've found Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps enjoyable so far. Definitely quite a few steps above Green Lanterns.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Other than that, mangas. And the occasional local edition TPBs that catch my eye.

Nothing from marvel, top cow, image, boom? Just manga and rhato? This doesn't surprise me.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.
I waited the entire issue of the Flintstones for the Great Gazoo, and it didn't disappoint. :allears:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

You should post in the manga reccomendation thread. I think you're capable of giving to BSS, but people here just don't give a gently caress about Red Hood and are really tired of hearing it. The following is not a joke: I have literally had multiple dreams centered around Lobdell's Red Hood and the way people react to it here. I love Jason Todd and I want him to be good, but the past few years hasn't worked even for me.

There are plenty of other comic book centered forums that love Red Hood. I just don't see the point in going into the lion's den here every time unless your weirdly masochistic. There are bound to be stuff you and BSS are capable of agreeing on.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

WickedHate posted:

There are plenty of other comic book centered forums that love Red Hood. I just don't see the point in going into the lion's den here every time unless your weirdly masochistic. There are bound to be stuff you and BSS are capable of agreeing on.

I do go to those other forums though.

And is not masochism but simple interest on letting know as much people as possible about the series.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I don't really care that DT wants to post about Red Hood in here. I only find it annoying when the entire thread is clogged with a never ending argument about it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Blockhouse posted:

I liked most of the new 52 book!

I liked her New 52 series in fits and starts in trades, but she's always struggling in such a way that the "real Kara" doesn't get to shine enough. I think the CBS/CW series has brought some fun/optimism back and not just RAAAAGE. (even if her being a Red Lantern is really cool in concept)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Roth posted:

I don't really care that DT wants to post about Red Hood in here. I only find it annoying when the entire thread is clogged with a never ending argument about it.

BSS is so, so much better about Jason Todd derails now than it used to be. I realize that is terrifying to contemplate but it's true.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Travis343 posted:

BSS is so, so much better about Jason Todd derails now than it used to be. I realize that is terrifying to contemplate but it's true.

Character development

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I like Jason Todd

in books that aren't red hood and the outlaws

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I do go to those other forums though.

And is not masochism but simple interest on letting know as much people as possible about the series.

how many other sites do you post on to spread the word on RHatO day? is it in double digits?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I liked Jason Todd when Morrison's Batman and Robin brought him back as an antagonist. The phone number poll to kill Dick and Damian was absolutely brilliant.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

I hope the rock-ship was named The Counter-Offensive.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

This was a really, really good issue of Flintstones. Issue 2's more vignette approach to storytelling turned me off heavily, but issue 3 brought me back. Superman remains incredible, "Nightwing remains incredible, Green Arrow had its best issue since it started (and renewed my interest in the title), and there's a page of the newest Batman that made me legit tear up. It's that primo top-shelf uncut Tom King poo poo, so loving good.

A Good Week.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
Batman #6 in the context of the end of Batman #5 reads messed up in a way I completely love.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah I've been hot and cold on Batman so far - largely because I love Tom King so goddamn much that a "good" comic from him is a massive disappointment - but 6 brought me way the gently caress back on board.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Wait a minute, the villain in this Cyborg comic is named Malware?

Edit- Cyborg seems decent. I tried the series that started last year and thought it was kinda dull, but the premise behind this first arc has me interested.

Roth fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 7, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Superman was fantastic this week. It's still the only DC book I'm pleased is double-shipping, because Tomasi seems to be able to keep the script consistently excellent. And that panel of Superman smiling sincerely and telling the rest of the trinity that he's here to help? And li'l Jon's official unveiling to the JL as Superboy? Bat-Mom? God that series is so wonderful.

If Orlando can nail that portrayal, I really want to see the meeting between Supergirl (which was also good and I like the idea of using the Danvers to explore a kid old enough to remember their parents/home being fostered or adopted, as opposed to Clark) and real deal Superman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Batman and Superman were great this week, Cyborg was good with potential to be great and Supergirl was friggin EXCELLENT.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Honestly, what books other than RHATO did you like from New52? Better yet, were any of them written by someone who isn't Scott Lobdell?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

lotus circle posted:

Honestly, what books other than RHATO did you like from New52? Better yet, were any of them written by someone who isn't Scott Lobdell?

His particular brand of autism prevents him from enjoying anything Jason Todd isn't in.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

Agreed with Batman and Superman being great. Still early days but Supergirl is looking like exactly what I hoped it might be. I'm still loving Green Arrow too. Remains one of my favorite Rebirth books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dunbar posted:

Agreed with Batman and Superman being great. Still early days but Supergirl is looking like exactly what I hoped it might be. I'm still loving Green Arrow too. Remains one of my favorite Rebirth books.

GA was drawn by the super talented Stephen Byrne, I'm hoping they rope him in as one of the regular artists because it looks sooooo goood.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
My favorite thing about the new Flintstones is that "yabba dabba doo" is basically "yare yare daze". :japan:

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah Supergirl was incredibly enjoyable. It did make me lol a little, inside, in my special place, at the scene in Superman this week where Clark's like "The legacy of the House of El belongs to Jon!" and I was like um fucker what about Kara?

The scene where Kara mourned "her" actual cousin at the Fortress of Solitude made me sad, though. So much of the Nu52 had been thankfully brushed aside that I'd almost forgotten that, for all intents and purposes, the Superman who died is the one that everyone had thought of as their Superman, their Clark Kent, their Kal-El. Except...maybe he wasn't? It's just curious to see all these pre-Flashpoint relationships and history slowly coming back bit by bit, and yet every character still feels so estranged from the actual pre-Flashpoint Superman. Except...maybe he isn't? It's one of the most intriguing long-running Rebirth mysteries that I'm invested in at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If I wan't so lazy I'd go back to every article that bitched about killing Krypto and be like "NYAH NYAH NYAH."